Replies

• Options
    so glad I maxed her out for the jedi event
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ]

Agreed. But what's wrong with being overkill, amirite? :)

Right. These four strongly agree...
    mhNCQtE.jpg
    A band of nightsisters called Overkill
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Zekex wrote: »
    WIth this change, I have lost all remaining faith in the dev's ability to balance and diversify the arena.Won't be investing another cent in this game.

A change that makes a toon viable in arena which hasn't been competitively seen there since launch isn't adding to diversity? Implementing a change that allows a totally broken and unusable toon to be used in meta arena teams isn't balancing?

image_zpsitiuyvfw.jpeg

He is actually right. Look at the Mace Windu buffs. Did he get higher speed? No...then he is useless. If he had 160 speed? Then Meta material, even without the rest of changes! This proved that, no matter how many balance changes they do, if they don't give a character high tier speed, he is gonna be useless.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WIth this change, I have lost all remaining faith in the dev's ability to balance and diversify the arena.Won't be investing another cent in this game.

A change that makes a toon viable in arena which hasn't been competitively seen there since launch isn't adding to diversity? Implementing a change that allows a totally broken and unusable toon to be used in meta arena teams isn't balancing?

image_zpsitiuyvfw.jpeg

it's still speed, speed and more speed. There are still no options to play anything else besides high speed dps. Diversity in gameplay is still lacking

That's total bull. If that were true neither Phasma or Kylo would be capable of being in top 10 teams. They are.

Not sure what server u r playing on but on mine haven't seen one since 50-100 spot... Definitely not in top 20.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Embo wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Ah well, they are both good. Anakin is an absolute riot to use in GW.

@Qeltar I have Anakin, but only at 5* at the moment. I'm working on him but don't think he's viable in GW yet. Why is he a riot? I'd love to know. Someone told me the other day that if one of his ally toons gets killed, he becomes an "instant nightmare". Is that what you're referring to as well?
    Basically yes, it's about his unique and his low-cooldown AoE. Put him on a squad with 4 glass cannons who aren't your prime guys but aren't instant kills (having Sid take out all 4 at once isn't what you want). Every time one of his allies dies he gets 90% turn meter and it's "excuse me, I get another turn now, thanks". Tinker with the RNG and you can do a lot of damage.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Embo wrote: »
    Ah well, they are both good. Anakin is an absolute riot to use in GW.

@Qeltar I have Anakin, but only at 5* at the moment. I'm working on him but don't think he's viable in GW yet. Why is he a riot? I'd love to know. Someone told me the other day that if one of his ally toons gets killed, he becomes an "instant nightmare". Is that what you're referring to as well?
    Basically yes, it's about his unique and his low-cooldown AoE. Put him on a squad with 4 glass cannons who aren't your prime guys but aren't instant kills (having Sid take out all 4 at once isn't what you want). Every time one of his allies dies he gets 90% turn meter and it's "excuse me, I get another turn now, thanks". Tinker with the RNG and you can do a lot of damage.

Yep I currently am trying this squad- Anakin 6*, Rey 7*, Dooku 7*, Yoda 7*, QGJ lead 7*! They're fun I just got rey 7*
  • Options
    Ashoka will need to take 3 crits
    1st will remove 10% crit chance
    2nd will remove 45 speed
    3rd will remove 45% hp
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    2nd will remove 45 speed
    3rd will remove 45% hp

So she would be sitting on 161 for at least her first two turns (as long as nobody faster than 161 hits her before turn 1). Definitely seems a great buff for her. Wish I had her already lol
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    2nd will remove 45 speed
    3rd will remove 45% hp

Might as well just kill her on the second hit...
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    2nd will remove 45 speed
    3rd will remove 45% hp

Would be such a shame if AI chose to attack my Dooku 1st.
  • Options
    I think she is going to be great.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    2nd will remove 45 speed
    3rd will remove 45% hp

Would be such a shame if AI chose to attack my Dooku 1st.

That sentence made me cringe. :S

Oh, Dooku!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    [quote="CPMP;203682"
    He is actually right. Look at the Mace Windu buffs. Did he get higher speed? No...then he is useless. If he had 160 speed? Then Meta material, even without the rest of changes! This proved that, no matter how many balance changes they do, if they don't give a character high tier speed, he is gonna be useless. [/quote]
    Agreed. They are not fixing the problem, just applying bandaids.
    So Tano is now "fixed", by giving her an outrageous speed buff, which does at least have a decent mechanism. What about everyone else?
    The imbalance between the "buff" Windu got and everyone since is really quite ridiculous.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    93 base
    23 from Liam
    45 from her new passive

That's 374.6 guys. Learn to math.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    He is actually right. Look at the Mace Windu buffs. Did he get higher speed? No...then he is useless. If he had 160 speed? Then Meta material, even without the rest of changes! This proved that, no matter how many balance changes they do, if they don't give a character high tier speed, he is gonna be useless.
    Agreed. They are not fixing the problem, just applying bandaids.
    So Tano is now "fixed", by giving her an outrageous speed buff, which does at least have a decent mechanism. What about everyone else?
    The imbalance between the "buff" Windu got and everyone since is really quite ridiculous.

I wish they added some different mechanics to counter speed and make heroes viable, other than increasing their speed. For example : "Whenever one of your characters die, Ahsoka Tano instantly counter attacks the enemy that killed him, for 50% extra damage and 60% chance to gain 35% turn meter." That way you gonna regret leaving her for last. And at the same time it works as counter to speed teams when one of your heroes get 1 shoted. Or some other example "Whenever an enemy attacks before Ahsoka, she gains 15% turn meter". That way she attacks faster and more often, but not on the 1st round, while going after Yoda and QGJ where she ensures that 1 or 2 enemy heroes will be dead...
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Predian wrote: »
    93 base
    23 from Liam
    45 from her new passive

93+23+45=161.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    93 base
    23 from Liam
    45 from her new passive

93+23+45=161.

Whoosh
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    93 base
    23 from Liam
    45 from her new passive

93+23+45=161.

Swgoh cantina lists max speed at 93... Update shows unique at +25% health and plus 25 speed. QGJ gives another 23. Should be 141 top speed. Where are you getting 45 from passive? (I doubt Jesse would list level one passive skill stats... They always put max possible, thus level 6... They list QGJ as +23 speed for Jedi, that doesn't mean it's plus 80-something for level 6...)
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Finally it was no mistake to farm her shards! :) Her Damage has been lowered (multipliers), but with her new speed, she will now get a spot in my GW-main-team.

The new Ewok-Char sounds also interesting ... his leader skill is nice in addition with the other Ewoks basic skills ... each of them might move twice before another non-ewok-char gets a turn. They wont be the first, but once they are moving ... :)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    93 base
    23 from Liam
    45 from her new passive

93+23+45=161.

Swgoh cantina lists max speed at 93... Update shows unique at +25% health and plus 25 speed. QGJ gives another 23. Should be 141 top speed. Where are you getting 45 from passive? What passive?

Update shows her skill at level 1. Not maxed out.
  • Options
    93 base
    23 from Liam
    45 from her new passive

:D
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    At the moment, she will have 156 "only" ... since her last +5 is at level 82 and we currently have level cap at 70.

With Level cap 80, she will have 158 (QGJ gets +2 at Level 72), at level 82, she will have 163 (op forgot the +2 at level 72 of QGJ's leader skill! ;))

forget it ... *lol* sorry, but the page doesnt show right on my browser (have to look in its source text) ... her skill adds +45 ... so ya, OP is right ... but then at level 82, she will have 168? Nice ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    can I just ask how we are certain that Jesse showed Ahsoka's skills at level 1?
  • Options
    The new top of the line arena team is QGJ, Annie, Snips, Yoda, Lumi (this spot could change, but for now I'd say it's her). Unless you are fighting Rebels you have 4 of the first 5 spots, a decent chance to use Annie's off up and then Lumi busts out a serious damage ability block or a safety heal for the next round

Or qgj, snips, yoda

Just follow the link I posted on original post and you ll have your answer
  • Options
    I'm happy to at least see that we now don't have to farm a bunch of losers to 7* in order to unlock Yoda. Add in that Old Ben will now be farmable and maybe we can have some decent teams come out of this...
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I took pics in case anyone wants to reference her before the rework. First are her missing gear slots in order from top to bottom.

IC6sEfo.jpeg
    7hlcLTA.jpeg
    QpUiprr.jpeg
    XRHDiYY.jpeg
    AZlh6s2.jpeg

Ah0LdEO.jpeg
    i9tSkSF.jpeg
    IoncBOM.jpeg
    Rx2IUuf.jpeg
    DABXy8h.jpeg
    zxQpMvM.jpeg

Hope this helps. :smiley:
    She's gonna be a beast!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the pics. When is the update?! :)
  • Options
    I hope people run Jedi teams so I can put my Maul to 1 shot them =D
  • Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »
    Just follow the link I posted on original post and you ll have your answer

Thanks man :)

I farmed Ahsoka to 7* in December like a n00b ... who's laughing nowwwww!!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad I've decided to farm her for both my accounts! She was the fifth Jedi I needed after the three healers Barriss, JC, Lumi, and QGJ. And game really wants me to use her through two full character drops from bronzium in my alt last week.