Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• NoMack
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Unless I'm mistaken, they'll be matching based on your GW rank as well as gp. So you might go up against someone tough to start, but the players will separate themselves by rank as more wars happen. So the mismatches will sort themselves out. I'm actually really excited. It seems that we'll be soon matched almost evenly. Think, clash of clans matching (if you've ever played that game).
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Options
    So they said that they will give us more info in the next weeks and you just jump into conclusions after the first announcement and say that they didn't do anything about it. Congratulations, you are one more of those people that complain about everything for no reason.
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to this. Love GA and this looks like a great addition.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Rezalder
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Kantouch wrote: »
    I’m most interested in the GP bracket:reward ratio. The best part of GA in the past was the equal rewards for newer and older players. This equality allowed us another game mode outside of squad arena where we can be competitive and not fall further behind the long time players.
    I struggle to understand this view. Why should someone who has invested no money into the game be able to achieve better rewards for beating easier players than someone who has spent thousands does for beating slightly less but much harder players? A ftp player who has only ever gotten the meta and GA/TW teams would be rewarded for not investing in the game with opponents they could more easily defeat, while players who bulked up would not only not benefit, but literally be punished with more difficult opponents. That seems absurd
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Yea this game is lame now
  • Options
    So while I like the idea. It pretty clear the top 2 reward tiers will be all whales & dolphins. While I'm even OK with that (the game needs it's money). Why are you taking away the regular GA, where anyone (with some not unlucky pairing) can get max rewards. I understand giving the big guys their day in the sun (they payed for it), but do you have to punish the F2P or rarely pay guys to do it?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Need about 13 more teams though.
  • Options
    So how are the match ups gonna work ?
    Time played ? Money spent ? GP ?
    Coz how i see it the newer whales will have most advantage.
    As a player from when the game almost started to see ppl in GA with none of the older toons and mostly only the newish meta teams , heaps of toons at 7 star lv1 with no mods etc just sucks .
    Why knock players that have been with you the longest ? .
    Please stop looking at short term gains and look after the fan base as a whole if ya would like them to hang around and maybe even play your next game .
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    GA for awhile has been quite a waste of time, be good to actually get something out of it again. I've won every single GA fight so far besides when the matchmaking decided for me to lose twice in total so should be good most of the time, heh.

Though, I love how little content this game has gotten as of late, even this is basically the same thing copied from another game. Adding upon something that already existed in this game.

Interesting that the higher you climb the better your rewards, and since you don't get demoted? It means that you will go from enjoying the top rewards for your tier, to the bottom rewards from the next tier depending on tier? Cause you know the top will be dominated by people who you will never beat. This game can't claim skill means anything. "How high will you climb" easily translates to "how much will you spend to beat people who have played the game longer so even if they have played a year longer then you, you can still trump them".
  • Options
    I enjoy GA. I know my roster won't get me to the top yet, but I'm still eager to see how I fare against others across the game instead of my shard.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    can we lock out all revan teams from participating?

Can we restrict ourselves to legit questions?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    You left out "HOTFIX".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    GA for awhile has been quite a waste of time, be good to actually get something out of it again. I've won every single GA fight so far besides when the matchmaking decided for me to lose twice in total so should be good most of the time, heh.

Yes, usually the result pre-defined by the draw of opponents, I lost a win in the last GA by a miscalculation and the times I won when I was lost was simply because my opponent forgot or can not attack.

@CG_SBCrumb

What will be done to benefit the players that raise all the characters and when they will be confronted with players who abandon several toons in level and correct this distortion, the main cause of several victories simply in the draw?

Question off topic

What if my guild on TW is always picking opponents from 20 to 30M more?

Thank you
    Camper

• Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

It’s great that you’re so vocal about your opinion. Unfortunately, I think you’re in the vast minority. GA is an awesome mode that allows(allowed?) newer players to expedite their growth, older players to enjoy individual competition, and community members to showcase their matches for all to see. I hope you can grow to love this mode as most do.

Do you realize that only the minority of players actually visit the forum and pipe up about liking GA. Who are you so say most love it and only few dont? Thats good that you do but not everyone shares your enthusiastic veiw. While Im at it I dont like GA either. My whole guild doesnt like it.

I’m rarely on the forum. Basing this on the folks I chat with on discords and YouTube.
  • Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Rezalder wrote: »
    I’m most interested in the GP bracket:reward ratio. The best part of GA in the past was the equal rewards for newer and older players. This equality allowed us another game mode outside of squad arena where we can be competitive and not fall further behind the long time players.
    I struggle to understand this view. Why should someone who has invested no money into the game be able to achieve better rewards for beating easier players than someone who has spent thousands does for beating slightly less but much harder players? A ftp player who has only ever gotten the meta and GA/TW teams would be rewarded for not investing in the game with opponents they could more easily defeat, while players who bulked up would not only not benefit, but literally be punished with more difficult opponents. That seems absurd

In no way did I indicate “money spent on the game” in my post.

Right now, if a 6mon old player wins GA or squad arena, they get the same rewards as a 3yo player, regardless of how much, if any, money either spent.

Either player could, and would, face easier opponents at the beginning of GAC and their opponents would get more difficult as they win more.

If someone spent money faced someone that didn’t, and they both had the same GP, the winner should be decided by who was more focused on things that make their roster better, not strictly on who spent money.

Should someone that started 6mon ago and spent $1000 in that six months get less significant rewards than someone that started 3 years ago and spent $1000? What if neither spent money? What if one spent more?

If you can win every match they put you in at your GP, should it matter how much GP you have or money you spent to determine the quality of your rewards?

I struggle to understand YOUR point of view, sir.
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Options
    The whole reality is that GA is whale arena. That's it plain and simple. Matchups are crud at best. All they do is not unlock toons and sit on metas to keep gp low and dominate. Therefore GA will never get a fair shake for all who play. It's broken at best for all who play or shall that be reworded to running great if intended for whales to benefit from it. The whale championships are great. I'm sure the matchup fiasco will continue.
  • Nadebotfm
    546 posts Member
    Options
    crazy suggestion here. why not wait and see how the feature is instead of complaining?
  • RayDragonWolf
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    more garbage pvp events to not care about.

Don't swear, edited post to remove swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    Great, an even bigger, more unbalanced, waste of time.
  • Calagon
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Don't let CG know how you beat their pay-to-win meta.
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Can we stop this nonsense right now? GA is the worst thing to be added since pvp tournaments. It's fine if you want give people something to compete in but remove all rewards and just grant titles and stupid crap like that. That way people that hate your stupid mini TW aren't forced to play it.

I agree completely. Grand Arena is the very worst thing ever added into the game and I never thought I would say that after seeing mods added. Speaking of mods it is ludicrous that secondary speed stats are not factored into matchmaking. Nor is the presence of certain overly powerful meta characters (like Malak, Darth Revan, etc.). If these two things aren't addressed in the matchmaking then this will just be a more overdone waste of time for many players.
  • TheSaint
    28 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    For higher leagues you are obviously required to have multiple A-tier teams with great mods and G12+. Your point being? It's a no brainer you'll need Revan. Just like you'll need GG, GR and basically the top ~14 factions maxed to compete for the better titles.
    In Bronzium you can probably still get away without having either Revans.
  • Options
    So, we have 10 "stores" right now, 3-4 of which are useless. Devs already stated that they have no plans to update these stores, yet, here we are. I guess we're getting another "store" to spend GA currency at? Couldn't this have been incorporated into one of the others?

I can understand that the devs feel like the existing stores are a good way for us to get shards, which we then turn to gear/mod salvage in the shard shop, but that just feels inefficient. I'm sure we could update the shops and figure out another way to get us shards.

Oh well. I guess we'll be scrolling through 11 shops now.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    So, we have 10 "stores" right now, 3-4 of which are useless. Devs already stated that they have no plans to update these stores, yet, here we are. I guess we're getting another "store" to spend GA currency at? Couldn't this have been incorporated into one of the others?

I can understand that the devs feel like the existing stores are a good way for us to get shards, which we then turn to gear/mod salvage in the shard shop, but that just feels inefficient. I'm sure we could update the shops and figure out another way to get us shards.

Oh well. I guess we'll be scrolling through 11 shops now.

The devs have said that legacy stores are for shard shop currency. What they really mean is that people are sitting on 20k currency for most shops so the developers see releasing a new character in those shops as a way of giving people a a 7 star for free.
  • Contingent33
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    This looks awesome! Is there going to be a player lock for the whole tournament or can you upgrade your characters while the tournament progresses? Thank you!