Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Ukenobi_Serious
    185 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Can you guys explain to me how this match making is fair?

My opponent
    umRJs9G.png

My account
    uC92qeb.png

Roster Comparison
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344586276504076298/616541595793358862/ProfileCompare.jpeg
    9YU0vMZ.jpg
    “If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Seems like there is no change as far as cheating goes. Still ongoing ...
    Awesome
  • Can you guys explain to me how this match making is fair?
    How is it not? You are at a disadvantage, but not an unreasonable one.

Your pertinent GP is spot on. You have more zetas and more G12s, by a margin exceeding how many more G13s they have than you, and though it's not accounted for, you have most of the same key characters at least comparably equipped. The main aspect of significant advantage would be mods, which are not a part of the matchmaking algorithm.

Fair matchmaking does not mean you will never be at a disadvantage. Yes, you are at a disadvantage here, but this appears to be a reasonable match.
    Still not a he.
  • New ga matchmaking is total crap.. why do i alwayd have to fight 2-400k bigger opponent. They can place all g12/13 toons on def and still have the Same amount toons to attack me. **** is this ****?
    Previously it was okay but now... ffs Im always the smallest fish in the pond. They have mod advantage because they have more time on their ja pelt. I previously almost always won and now i basicly lose every time. Cant get passed from front lines because there Are g13 malak teams gg etc...but hei, least u make some $$$$$

• Vaco
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ok... How is 2.500 points possible before the fight ends?

1584 = max fight points all clear + deff
    Even with challanges He never could reach this points.
  • Vaco
    15 posts Member
    jko2ypfa5bja.jpg
  • @CG_Leviathan , I found out from some friends that Cubsfanhan did a live streaming on You Tube last night of our GAC battle, without asking for permission, he showed to the others in our group my defense. He also eventually called me cheater several times, because I could have watched the video and take advantage from that. Nobody asked him to go for free on live streaming right at the beginning of GAC, not very clever, I would not call the person who’s watching the video a cheater, it’s his fault or decision. He maybe forgot in Europe was midnight because of time zones and some ppl might be sleeping at the time. Just would like to report this and let this guy know he should have asked for permission before doing that and show my defense to the others. Thx
  • Vaco wrote: »
    jko2ypfa5bja.jpg

I noticed that too and was referred to:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212584/grand-arena-championship-score-issues#latest

I don't recall hearing about bye matches/rounds. My first opponent this round didn't participate and let auto-defenses set. Would that have been considered a bye had I not initiated attack?
  • What’s the current tie breaker for GAC? I ended up losing the first round with tied banners. My opponent has higher total GP than me but I have higher GP in characters.
    Can Dev clarify it?
    Thanks
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So how did division 4 top players end up with 3565 points when the bye person only got 2585 for a perfect match? Its not feats points
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    EdgeSunny wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan , I found out from some friends that Cubsfanhan did a live streaming on You Tube last night of our GAC battle, without asking for permission, he showed to the others in our group my defense. He also eventually called me cheater several times, because I could have watched the video and take advantage from that. Nobody asked him to go for free on live streaming right at the beginning of GAC, not very clever, I would not call the person who’s watching the video a cheater, it’s his fault or decision. He maybe forgot in Europe was midnight because of time zones and some ppl might be sleeping at the time. Just would like to report this and let this guy know he should have asked for permission before doing that and show my defense to the others. Thx
    The timing which you stopped attacking was suspicious, also not once did he call you a cheater. Sounds to me like you got caught but gotta stand firm, Lance Armstrong style. Good luck with that big bad report there tough guy.

Post edited by Fauztin on
  • I did not get 1000 points for winning the round. I have restarted the game. Still nothing. Case # 50509725 @CG_Leviathan
  • I contact the live chat already twice to complain about the fact that I couldn’t join the GA and they just said wait. And they did nothing. As I can see I’m not the only one who get issues.
  • Sewperbad wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan , I found out from some friends that Cubsfanhan did a live streaming on You Tube last night of our GAC battle, without asking for permission, he showed to the others in our group my defense. He also eventually called me cheater several times, because I could have watched the video and take advantage from that. Nobody asked him to go for free on live streaming right at the beginning of GAC, not very clever, I would not call the person who’s watching the video a cheater, it’s his fault or decision. He maybe forgot in Europe was midnight because of time zones and some ppl might be sleeping at the time. Just would like to report this and let this guy know he should have asked for permission before doing that and show my defense to the others. Thx

Perhaps you should move to Africa and grow crops with your tears. The timing which you stopped attacking was suspicious, also not once did he call you a cheater. Sounds to me like you got caught but gotta stand firm, Lance Armstrong style. Good luck with that big bad report there tough guy.
    What do you mean with suspicious? I did a couple of battles late at night, right before Update I stopped as usual, then went to bed, it was midnight here. Nobody is crying here and you should really go to Africa, it’s a nice place with nice people, very inappropriate of you to say that. What you are missing is not the point of using the word “cheat” or “”cheap”, it doesn’t really matter. The point is that no one is allowed to stream a GAC battle without permission, you can keep writing what you want, i really couldn’t care less
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Sewperbad wrote: »

Perhaps you should move to Africa and grow crops with your tears. The timing which you stopped attacking was suspicious, also not once did he call you a cheater. Sounds to me like you got caught but gotta stand firm, Lance Armstrong style. Good luck with that big bad report there tough guy.
    What do you mean with suspicious? I did a couple of battles late at night, right before Update I stopped as usual, then went to bed, it was midnight here. Nobody is crying here and you should really go to Africa, it’s a nice place with nice people, very inappropriate of you to say that. What you are missing is not the point of using the word “cheat” or “”cheap”, it doesn’t really matter. The point is that no one is allowed to stream a GAC battle without permission, you can keep writing what you want, i really couldn’t care less
    I’m referencing the lack of water in Africa and their need, and your ability to cry a tropical storms worth of tears would help grow crops. But based on this whole situation you don’t strike me as a bright enough person to get the reference and that’s okay. I’ll just simply put, Cubsfan doesn’t have to have your permission to stream his battles, so suck it up and quit ghosting his stream for wins.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Yeah, I too am wondering how there are players with over 4,000 points already. It would be very helpful if someone at CG could break that down for us.

I placed 8 defensive squads and my opponent cleared 4 of them. I won my 1st round match by going 8 for 8 in battles with 57+ points in all but 1 victory (which I got 54). I completed 2 feats and have 2 remaining (win 5 undermanned battles & 15 Fleet wins).

I have 3,069 points to show for that.

Meanwhile, there are at least 100 players in my division with over 4,000 points. How is it possible they have 1,000 more points? The math is not obvious.
    Sewperbad wrote: »

You bone head, I’m referencing the lack of water in Africa and their need, and your ability to cry a tropical storms worth of tears would help grow crops. But based on this whole situation you don’t strike me as a bright enough person to get the reference and that’s okay. I’ll just simply put, Cubsfan doesn’t have to have your permission to stream his battles, so suck it up and quit ghosting his stream for wins.
    You can keep insulting me, doesn’t matter, it just show you’re a rude person. I’m maybe not a bright person, though I’m a MD, but at least I have good manners. I actually don’t know why your playing his lawyer, it has nothing to do with you, get a life, would ya!
  • Sewperbad
    56 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You can keep insulting me, doesn’t matter, it just show you’re a rude person. I’m maybe not a bright person, though I’m a MD, but at least I have good manners. I actually don’t know why your playing his lawyer, it has nothing to do with you, get a life, would ya!

I saw what you put in the discord server too so let’s not act like you’re Mr Innocent here. You went after him in a major way, it wasn’t right. You’ve now been called to the table on it and you don’t like it. You lied about what he said and very much misrepresented the whole situation. Doesn’t seem like something someone with legitimate MD would do but hey, do you.
    Post edited by Sewperbad on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    People, people, calm down! Clearly we’ve all insulted each other here, now it’s only a matter of proof and logic. Leave the name calling aside.

I saw what you put in the discord server too so let’s not act like you’re Mr Innocent here. You went after him in a major way, it wasn’t right. You’ve now been called to the table on it and you don’t like it. You lied about what he said and very much misrepresented the whole situation. Doesn’t seem like something someone with legitimate MD would do but hey, do you.
    Bla, bla, bla....you’re so annoying, it doesn’t even regard you but you jumped into this, get a life yourself nobody cares about you, don’t join other people’s casualties, it has nothing to do with you, still here trying to get attention, you’re not involved at all, so just get lost
  • qndbe8v83yvo.png

Please CG, retune these match making algorithms!! I’m on the verge of quitting because it’s so discouraging constantly playing people with 40 to 60 more g12 characters. It’s so unfair and would rather have the old system because atleast it’s the same GP! It’s way more forgiving to the player with dozens of more g12 because if they make a mistake they have way more g12 teams to chip away we’re g11 or under have no chance. This current system sucks! Look at this screen shot of my opponent! Aside from zetas, I’m killed in ALL areas and it’s NOT close...
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This looks like a pretty good matchup. Most of their extra G12 characters probably that great, and won’t match up to your speed mods.

Everyone wants the matchmaking to benefit their type of roster the most. It just so happens that with the new matchmaking, all types of rosters seem to be on the losing side, and I think that’s why we’ve seen so many more complaints about the new matchmaking.
  • @SNAKEMAN
    Looks like they are penalizing the mods and zetas you earned quite a bit. They better be on good characters
  • The matchmaking algorithm does not account for mods. And getting an appropriate match is not a punishment.
    Still not a he.
  • It does account for mods...but only in terms of how they contribute to top X gp. CG says it also does some weighting on hidden parameters, but I consider that a myth at this point xD.
  • Thanks for the encouragement lol feels lopsided. We’ll see
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement lol feels lopsided. We’ll see

You have 15 more zetas and some nicer speed mods...
  • Bla, bla, bla....you’re so annoying, it doesn’t even regard you but you jumped into this, get a life yourself nobody cares about you, don’t join other people’s casualties, it has nothing to do with you, still here trying to get attention, you’re not involved at all, so just get lost

It regards a person trying to smear someone for no reason and lying to do so. You’re in the wrong for this whole situation, from lying to reporting him and trying to get others to do so. So I don’t care if you think I should speak on it or not. I called you to the table for having low character, I believe your responses have done nothing but reinforce that view. Hopefully you’ll do better in the future. Good luck.

Bla, bla, bla....you’re so annoying, it doesn’t even regard you but you jumped into this, get a life yourself nobody cares about you, don’t join other people’s casualties, it has nothing to do with you, still here trying to get attention, you’re not involved at all, so just get lost

It regards a person trying to smear someone for no reason and lying to do so. You’re in the wrong for this whole situation, from lying to reporting him and trying to get others to do so. So I don’t care if you think I should speak on it or not. I called you to the table for having low character, I believe your responses have done nothing but reinforce that view. Hopefully you’ll do better in the future. Good luck.

Just imagine this is the attitude of the entitled MD you go to see when something unusual shows up on a cancer screening.

Just imagine this is the attitude of the entitled MD you go to see when something unusual shows up on a cancer screening.

Yikes, unlikely he’s a real MD anyway but it is indeed a scary proposition.