Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    That was weak even for me....better to pitch in the sun
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Soooooo the most valuable reward from GA isnt being compensated? Those gold slicing materials for each round?!? That's the MAIN reason I play GA, and unless they add a decent chance to get them for any mod battles during mod salvage double drops, it wont be a significant make good. Not to mention only 1 extra omega from challenges. Not good
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Double drops and extra events this month are it.
    Sorry, I mis spoke, they said they would run extra events, those are the double drops.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I remember my first 2 credit "compensation"

Lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Double drops are the compensation

Please stop spreading baseless speculation as fact.

Pfff. Baseless.
    They already said what will happen. Events.
    Double drops is eventful

Speculation is still just that, no matter if you happened to be right or wrong. Because you didn't know any more than anyone else here. But you act like you do. But you don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7483 posts Member
    Options
    Double drops and extra events this month are it.
    Sorry, I mis spoke, they said they would run extra events, those are the double drops.

Reason #317 I won't spend money on this game anymore. The devs continually show us how little they care about us.
  • Options
    Everyone so entitled. Jesus. They don't owe us anything for not running GA.
  • StarSon
    7483 posts Member
    Options
    Jamerson wrote: »

So, I'm entitled because I expect them to do what they say they'll do? That's an odd way to look at it.
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

So, I'm entitled because I expect them to do what they say they'll do? That's an odd way to look at it.

Them not doing what they said and you not liking what they did are completely different things.
  • StarSon
    7483 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Them not doing what they said and you not liking what they did are completely different things.

Sure. However, what they said
    In light of this, we are looking to offset the rewards you normally receive with some other events. Stay tuned.

They have not added those events, or told us when to expect them to be added, or what they'll be. I know Kyno claims CG says double drops are those events, but their in-game messaging states otherwise.
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't claim, he was given the answer by CG. Double drops are events, just not the events you want.
  • StarSon
    7483 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't claim, he was given the answer by CG. Double drops are events, just not the events you want.

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I'm more upset by the lack of actual things to do. GA, though not a lot of time, was still something to do. Double Drops is just the possibility of extra stuff for simming. Not a real "event."
  • Options
    Where are they at? Still waiting! Need them gold slicing mats.....
  • Options
    So why not say the double drops are to make up for the lost GA? Why say they are "to get ready for GAC"? It just seems either misleading or not well thought out/communicated. Honestly, I'm not that upset about it, it's just frustrating that we have to read between the lines so often.
  • StarSon
    7483 posts Member
    Options
    It just seems either misleading or not well thought out/communicated.

This is CG's mission statement.
  • Options
    Inbox everyone the rewards from a 1st place GA.
  • ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when they announced the double-drops they didn't say it was compensation for the cancelled GA.
    It does suspiciously feel like...

- What about the compensation for the cancelled GA?
    - Oh, we forgot about that, didn't we?
    - Well, what if we said it was the double-drops?
    - Sounds good, let's go with that. ;)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

ever go to a bar and buy a few rounds and then the bartender gives you a free drink? you are more likely to tip and more likely to spend money at that bar, due to the coolness of the bartender. It costs the bar a couple cents in booze and they make make times that in later drinks (sold at bar prices obv.)

CG would be so smart to throw us a bone every once in a while. I mean, their rates don't even make sense in the shops. why are double the shards/gear not less than double the price? Anyone selling anything knows that a discount in bulk encourages more spending.

The last two times CG has "made up" for something they gave us LITERALLY TWO CREDITS and now these announced double-drops (which are trash anyway imo. double the rate, not the #, and we could actually get somewhere)

it's so penny-wise, pound-foolish. I mean, they will make more money by giving us stuff for free once in a while
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

The last two times CG has "made up" for something they gave us LITERALLY TWO CREDITS

What are you talking about?
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    double the rate, not the #, and we could actually get somewhere

There is no difference.

33% drop rate, 9 sims, 3 shards, double drops give 6 shards.

66% drop rate, 9 sims, singe drops give 6 shards.

• Options
    Holy crap the amount of entitlement here. They don't have to give us free stuff just because events didn't run! That's like if your employer canceled overtime for the week but you demand they pay your for the time you would have worked.

Get off this entitled crap.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Holy crap the amount of entitlement here. They don't have to give us free stuff just because events didn't run! That's like if your employer canceled overtime for the week but you demand they pay your for the time you would have worked.

When my office was closed because the power went out to the whole block we all got paid like we worked the whole day.

Why are you so mad that some people actually treat others with respect?
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options

When my office was closed because the power went out to the whole block we all got paid like we worked the whole day.

Why are you so mad that some people actually treat others with respect?

We did get paid. With double drops.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Yes, they don't HAVE TO. But they said they WILL. See the difference?

(Edit: caps)
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion. The Double Drops are the additional events we scheduled to make up for the lack of TBs this month. This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA but it gives you the option to focus on farming whatever gear and squads you need to prepare for Grand Arena Championships.
  • UdalCuain
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the confusion. The Double Drops are the additional events we scheduled to make up for the lack of TBs this month. This is not designed to be a one to one replacement for all the materials you would have earned from GA but it gives you the option to focus on farming whatever gear and squads you need to prepare for Grand Arena Championships.

I'm grateful for the double drops, they are the reason I'm ready for DR, and I've finished a few side projects too. So firstly, thanks very much.

But you should have put a sentence in the double drop announcement stating that they were the replacement for the missing GA rewards, rather than just saying they were to help the community prepare for GAC. Then all confusion could have been avoided from the outset.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We appreciate the communications you guys try to do, but man get a communication manager at CG department because you post out a lit if confused updates and threads about what you will do and when and how which is not always clear to the community. And you know SW fun base, we love to play the theory games.
    He's great, things are fine. If they are confusing, they follow-up later on

Maybe they should go back to being quiet all the time so that people can't complain about things never said