36630 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

It is NOT rng when the droprate is lowered as the event gets closer.

Luckily they don't do this.

Yes they do.

Well argued. Where's your data?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    GIJippo wrote: »
    Pjfp wrote: »
    Nothing beats the vets

They're gonna be 25% easier soon

When / Why?

They're being moved to an easier node with relics being added

Sweet, do you know where I can find the post on this? I want to include this info in my next vid. TY
  • Options
    Nothing beats the vets

When / Why?

Sweet, do you know where I can find the post on this? I want to include this info in my next vid. TY

On the forums. Under announcements I believe.
  • Options
    Nothing beats the vets

When / Why?

How do you know this? Who else is being moved?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    One of these days maybe one of these -omg, they nerf the droprates for x- or -omg they nerf the droprates when x happens- people will do something useful and start to collect some samples. Maybe not though.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Nothing beats the vets

When / Why?

Official announcements. Where else?
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Nothing beats the vets

When / Why?

Official announcements. Where else?

Reddit?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

You are right, not RNG. It's a false conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    khelzac wrote: »
    Nothing beats the vets

When / Why?

On the forums. Under announcements I believe.

Found it, thanks!
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

Yes they do.

I knew you would ask for that. Go ahead and ask Warrior for his as well. Where is yours to prove with data that it does not change over time? Many people have reported that the drops have "severely changed" when an event is added and they are farming the team. It is a tactic to get a player to purchase the shards using money/gems.

Needless to say, by saying "wheres the data" does not invalidate my argument or my point. It obfuscates the conversation.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201822/crippled-drop-rates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl8-bkIYDaI
  • Options
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

Yes they do.

I knew you would ask for that. Go ahead and ask Warrior for his as well. Where is yours to prove with data that it does not change over time? Many people have reported that the drops have "severely changed" when an event is added and they are farming the team. It is a tactic to get a player to purchase the shards using money/gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl8-bkIYDaI
    Devs openly stated they do not use the product mentioned in that patent.

There are lots and lots of people who have posted detailed data of their farming, and they always settle on 33% drop rate for shards.

“Many people have reported” is not evidence. It’s mass delusion from conspiracy-theory tinfoil-hat-wearers.

As I said further up, there’s one thing all you guys have in common. You present no clear evidence. Just vague hunches and “feels like” statements. And when people do present genuine evidence, you dismiss them as an EA shill.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @nabokovfan Hehe the usual "just saying" argument. There are literally thousands of drop rate tracking threads on reddit. This -drop rates get nerfed when close to complete shards- thing is new and it's fine if you don't believe in dev word outright denying it.

You just need to do one single thing: gather up some data, convince others to gather data as well so there is a larger sample size. Since the window of finishing up shards are narrow, a single person can't gather enough samples. To see how it alternates you can divide how many attempts it took each 20 shard segment took, which would showcase if there's any dependence to how many shards you have. -If- that data looks significantly different than the average shard drop rates, then we are in biz. You really can be the one to prove that there's such an alteration.

Then we all know you'll believe what you'll believe anyways and majority echo chamber is convincing enough for you. We'll never see any data from you or anyone that are positive droprates get actively nerfed via some system/patent -in this game-, will we?

It's fine, neither side of the argument care at this point. We have different wirings.

https://youtu.be/hAAlDoAtV7Y
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    @nabokovfan Hehe the usual "just saying" argument. There are literally thousands of drop rate tracking threads on reddit. This -drop rates get nerfed when close to complete shards- thing is new and it's fine if you don't believe in dev word outright denying it.

You just need to do one single thing: gather up some data, convince others to gather data as well so there is a larger sample size. Since the window of finishing up shards are narrow, a single person can't gather enough samples. To see how it alternates you can divide how many attempts it took each 20 shard segment took, which would showcase if there's any dependence to how many shards you have. -If- that data looks significantly different than the average shard drop rates, then we are in biz. You really can be the one to prove that there's such an alteration.

Then we all know you'll believe what you'll believe anyways and majority echo chamber is convincing enough for you. We'll never see any data from you or anyone that are positive droprates get actively nerfed via some system/patent -in this game-, will we?

It's fine, neither side of the argument care at this point. We have different wirings.

https://youtu.be/hAAlDoAtV7Y

No studies have been performed for a random week of attempts and the a week prior to an event on a full squad that is required.
  • Options
    Some of you people.... what don’t you understand about RandomNG? Sometimes it’s great, sometimes it’s horrible... EA is pretty upfront with there money grabs, but they don’t pull petty moves like some of you are claiming...
  • Options
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

It isn't lowered buddy stop thinking CG is out to get u.

When JKR dropped my bastila farm seemed faster smh
  • Karlito
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Some ppl will feel the rates are lower and some will experience the opposite. Normal distribution. But the only ones coming on the forums to tell are the ones with bad rng. This might explain why you seem to think that "a lot of people" experience bad rng the closer the event gets... you don't read about the others...

I just had a 8/10 roll on juhani while yesterday I was whining in the guild chat about a 0/10...
    8/20 is not so bad after all...

Edit : SemiGod just proved me wrong: you do read about the good rng too ahah
  • Options
    The best therapy for any and all drop rate conspiracy merchants is the following, which I offer free of charge!

- Using the forum search function, search "tracking drop rates"
    - Besides 2 threads on the first 10 pages that contain a genuinely significant data sample, which I've linked before to other people, have a read of even just some of the other threads that come up
    - notice that pretty much every character is claimed to be "the worst drop rates ever" (they can't all be, surely)
    - notice that "drop rates have definitely been nerfed" at least once a month since November 2016 (if they've been nerfed as often as these guys suggest they've been nerfed, they must be at 1% by now?)
    - notice also that the extent of data provided in these threads is "I went 2/15 on BSF the other day" or "I got 1/10 on MT today - the drop rate has been nerfed to 10%" (the data is never clear, concise or consistent, because they are only paying attention to the bad RNG days. They forget the good RNG days as soon as the next bad one comes along)

If you've bothered to do all that, then one of 2 things will happen:

1) You'll have an epiphany. You'll realise that your gripes have been echoed through the history of the game by a succession of others, all claiming that drop rates for one toon have been worse than ever before, that drop rates have apparently been decreased since the game launched and that these claims are based on patchy short term data from people suffering from confirmation bias.

2) You'll feel galvanised. "I knew it!" you'll say. All these other people feel the same as me! Well, they think it's a different toon that has a lower drop rate but maybe we're all right! And I could have sworn they lowered the drop rate in August 2019, but maybe the guys who claimed it the month before that were right too! And the guys for the 24 consecutive months before that as well!

If 2) happens, then no amount of data will ever convince you that drop rates are static, they have been since the game launched and they have never been dropped, tweaked or lowered at any point ever.

If 1) happens... well... I don't think I need to finish this sentence. I'll edit this if 1) ever does happen.
  • Options
    Karlito wrote: »
    Some ppl will feel the rates are lower and some will experience the opposite. Normal distribution. But the only ones coming on the forums to tell are the ones with bad rng. This might explain why you seem to think that "a lot of people" experience bad rng the closer the event gets... you don't read about the others...

I just had a 8/10 roll on juhani while yesterday I was whining in the guild chat about a 0/10...
    8/20 is not so bad after all...

Edit : SemiGod just proved me wrong: you do read about the good rng too ahah

Lol. I've been lucking out since the start of 2019.

I'm hoping it doesnt run out
  • Options
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376127151688384515/593400871149109260/Screenshot_20190626-071420.png

Juhani and Carth were both horrible long for me. I had a major celebration whem this happened 1 time. It didn't make up for all the zeroes but it was a welcome surprise for sure!
  • Options
    I got a 5/5 1 time with Juhani and had a major celebration because of all the 0/5 I got :) She seemed like an extraordinary long farm to me too.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

It isn't lowered buddy stop thinking CG is out to get u.

When JKR dropped my bastila farm seemed faster smh

I don't think they are out to get me. It's a business decision. Probably not even by them to do so.

That's why I said "all 5 characters required" not all of them change.
  • DarthPadraig
    132 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    The juhanni drops have **** from the get go. I don't care what anyone says. they have not been an even 30%. Not remotely close to it.

I've farmed more than enough toons to know that she's taken longer than anyone except sabine. Big difference is sabine is fairly optional. Juhanni, not so much.

Either every other toon i've done has been off the charts good, or she's off the charts bad. Seeing as i've been doing 2 at a time and the other toon hasn't been abysmal at all, it's not pure RNG. Unless, that is, i have unusually good RNG on every other toon (which i don't).

People will say "it's just you, I got her super fast!!" "It evens out, you'll have good RNG days." "Stop with your confirmation-biased frivolity, n00b!" "No it's 33% really it is trust me."

Must be nice, eh? I've been farming Carth, Juhani, and BSF since long before the last DR event, at least one daily refresh for each, and all three are only at 5*. And they all were already 3* from their respective marquees.

I'll take Juhani as an example. I've been farming her for at least four months now, with at least one refresh per day. For now we'll say that's 120 days and 1,200 battles, which are reasonable numbers to use. She is currently at 18/85.

Many commenters here will claim a 30% or 33% drop rate "if given enough time;" many online farming calculators assume 25%. I'll be even more generous and assume a 20% drop rate averaged over time. Over 1,200 battles, that should yield around 240 shards.

Starting at 3* with 0/30, I've collected 113 total shards (30+65+18) over ~1,200 battles, for a drop rate of ~9.4%. That's slightly less than half of my (again generous) expected 20%, and is of course even worse compared to the actual 25% and 33% rates which are commonly cited. In actuality my real drop rate would be even lower, because I've done an extra refresh on several occasions.

The point is, yes, drop rates for Juhani actually do suck, and farming her is hugely frustrating unless you can afford to spend hundreds of crystals per day on refreshes. Maybe it really is different with other characters, but somehow I doubt it.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Options
    The juhanni drops have **** from the get go. I don't care what anyone says. they have not been an even 30%. Not remotely close to it.

I've farmed more than enough toons to know that she's taken longer than anyone except sabine. Big difference is sabine is fairly optional. Juhanni, not so much.

Either every other toon i've done has been off the charts good, or she's off the charts bad. Seeing as i've been doing 2 at a time and the other toon hasn't been abysmal at all, it's not pure RNG. Unless, that is, i have unusually good RNG on every other toon (which i don't).

People will say "it's just you, I got her super fast!!" "It evens out, you'll have good RNG days." "Stop with your confirmation-biased frivolity, n00b!" "No it's 33% really it is trust me."

Must be nice, eh? I've been farming Carth, Juhani, and BSF since long before the last DR event, at least one daily refresh for each, and all three are only at 5*. And they all were already 3* from their respective marquees.

I'll take Juhani as an example. I've been farming her for at least four months now, with at least one refresh per day. For now we'll say that's 120 days and 1,200 battles, which are reasonable numbers to use. She is currently at 18/85.

Many commenters here will claim a 30% or 33% drop rate "if given enough time;" many online farming calculators assume 25%. I'll be even more generous and assume a 20% drop rate averaged over time. Over 1,200 battles, that should yield around 240 shards.

Starting at 3* with 0/30, I've collected 113 total shards (30+65+18) over ~1,200 battles, for a drop rate of ~9.4%. That's slightly less than half of my (again generous) expected 20%, and is of course even worse compared to the actual 25% and 33% rates which are commonly cited.

The point is, yes, drop rates for Juhani actually do suck, and farming her is hugely frustrating unless you can afford to spend hundreds of crystals per day on refreshes. Maybe it really is different with other characters, but somehow I doubt it.

I farmed Juhani from scratch as I was afk during the marquee time. I have been farming for about...three months now? (Can't be sure, I believe I started as last event ended).

She's at 96/100. Yes I do double node refresh and triple energy refresh every day but some days I just skip the node refresh if I get a good haul (3/5? 4/5? I got those enough times just as I went 0/5 multiple times... including today)

Notice how my "evidence" is vague? That's just how precise yours is as well. Track them better and you'll see a better picture.

So the point is, no, drop rates do not suck as you claim.
  • Options

Starting at 3* with 0/30, I've collected 113 total shards (30+65+18) over ~1,200 battles, for a drop rate of ~9.4%. That's slightly less than half of my (again generous) expected 20%, and is of course even worse compared to the actual 25% and 33% rates which are commonly cited. In actuality my real drop rate would be even lower, because I've done an extra refresh on several occasions.

They don't suck u have awful luck.

I farmed them without marquees for 6 months and they're all 7* 17500 power besides juhani
  • Options
    I never farmed her. Just bought her shards with crystals.
  • Options
    Demo1ition wrote: »
    I got a 5/5 1 time with Juhani and had a major celebration because of all the 0/5 I got :) She seemed like an extraordinary long farm to me too.
    With a 33% average drop rate, the chance of 5/5 is 0.39% while the chance of 0/5 is 13.5% hence you see a lot more 0/5 than 5/5.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just glad I have way more luck than most people. I'm so lucky I average out to 33% on my farms over time!
  • Options
    When event appeared in game, for 3 days in a row, I had 0 shard out of 10 tries, then 1 on the 5 next.
    Happened also on Carth on the same 3 days.
    Lots of crystals wasted. I still have 8 shards to go and feel like I won't unlock DR on the very 1st event day...
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    No pay 2 play toons have good drops juhani is no exception. If they want them to be accessible they will release on lower tier cantina. But it’s in ships the worse place to farm toons they want you to buy instead lol.
    U have bad RNG

33% drop rate

Yes they do.

Don’t talk back to TVF. He takes mega-corporations at their word as we all should. EA would never do anything to help their bottom line at the expense of their customer base.

I'd be more inclined to take EA's word for it than the vague and unsubstantiated claims of a forum user.

All these drop rate whines look the same. They're either bereft of any meaningful data and filled with statements like "much longer than other farms" or "took months on 1 or 2 refreshes most days"; or they present data for 2 days worth of farming as if that is of any relevance whatsoever.

As soon as just one person presents properly tracked data across a reasonable timeline or amount of sims, TVF and many others would take their claim seriously. Trouble is, nobody making these claims can ever provide data to back up their claims.
    Your logic is flawed if you see someone steal your vehicle but you didn’t record the incident does that mean it never happened? Lol nobody is recording months worth of statistics for a game unless they are paid to do so.
This discussion has been closed.