Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What about people buying gears with extra 150 malak shards? @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    It's a bug, they fix it, fine. I do have a problem if they don't accurately fix it though - I hadn't realized at first there was a bug, I just replayed dark side to see how the squad did with Darth Revan upgraded with relics. When I got shards I didn't realize it was a bug and upgraded to 6*, so as long as I get the 500K back that's fine.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    scottdude8 wrote: »
    Umm... so I got the shards and used it to 7* Malak (yay!) before the announcement that this wasn’t as intended. I don’t think it was unreasonable to think that this was a bonus to replaying it... so am I somehow going to be punished for just playing what was active in game?

If a store clerk accidentally gives you extra change and asks for it back, it isn't punishment. It was never really yours.

Why should you be able to get Malak to 7* while everyone else spends GET? The entitlement is very strong in this whole thread.
  • Options
    :popcorn:
  • Options
    JKDude01 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JKDude01 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wait - you don't get to keep the crystals you were awarded in arena for all those months of having him? Certainly you're not suggesting that if you knew almost a year ago that you could take your 5* Malak to 7*, you would have waited? C'mon man - let's cool it with the made up drama.

ETA: I spent GET on Malak and certainly will NOT be demanding or expecting a refund.

Go preach elsewhere dude. Maybe we will meet up someday in GAC.....

Lol. Excellent response, keyboard warrior. So you really have no explanation as to why it would be "unfair" if it's working as intended. You just some how feel deserving of a refund despite having had the benefit of a "maxed" Malak for months? Okay. Cool. The entitlement is strong in this thread. :D

LOL. Yeah in looking at your lackluster roster you wouldn’t want to face me in GAC. Haha

Not another internet tough guy thread. Post your swgoh.hh profile. And have you spent more than $8 in the past 3 years? Or are you a wallet warrior as well as a keyboard warrior?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    How will we be compensated for resources and Money spent on malak today?

@CG_SBCrumb
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Best part is with all these mess ups does CG think we are going to scramble over to their new game hahahahaha.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    How will we be compensated for resources and Money spent on malak today?

@CG_SBCrumb

With the Malak you unlocked
  • Options
    Last night around 3 am EST I redid the darth malak event seeing that they gave extra shards out. Already having a 7* Malak I though this may be a good oppertunity to get extra shard tokens to use on gear in the shard store, not realising this was a bug. So now after seeing the news that this was a bug am I going to lose my 7* darth malak that Ive had for months just because I played an event now knowing it was a bug or will shard tokens get taken away instead?
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    I sincerely doubt they're going to be able to put everyone back exactly like they were. Some people spent crystals on the gear and wouldn't have if they weren't going to be able to put it on malak. Are they going to look at every single account on a case-by-case basis? Are they going to refund people that spent money on crystals to get gear? I already had Malak at 7, but if I hadn't I certainly would have spent money to take him to gear 13 right away. But I'd be pretty angry if they simply gave me the gear back instead of refunding everything I spent. I guarantee there are a lot of people who spent money that they otherwise would not have spent and they are going to be angry if the only thing they do is simply give the gear back to them.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I hope this is a hard lesson for them to realize unlocking at 5* and farming to 7* through a store is dumb. Just give us our epic characters at 7*.

All the man hours used to fix this. SMH.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Best part is with all these mess ups does CG think we are going to scramble over to their new game hahahahaha.

This is the only (and last) CG game I have ever played.

@CG_SBCrumb - just a question for the developers, if you could pass it along that'd be great:
    Does they have a zeta on the "Epic Failure" ability, or is that just an omega? Just curious to know if they can make it even better.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    scottdude8 wrote: »
    Umm... so I got the shards and used it to 7* Malak (yay!) before the announcement that this wasn’t as intended. I don’t think it was unreasonable to think that this was a bonus to replaying it... so am I somehow going to be punished for just playing what was active in game?

If a store clerk accidentally gives you extra change and asks for it back, it isn't punishment. It was never really yours.

But what if you can't get it?

*I removed the video, I forgot about the first part. Sorry!*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I've played this game since Dec 2016. I figured they gave shards this way because the GAS hoarding will basically eliminate Malak investment in GET for many like me. It was a nice boost and appreciated. I get both sides of the equation. I've spent at a Dolphin level on this game and quite honestly - if they strip the 7 star Malak i just spent money to gear up after i got him there this AM - i am going to really contemplate quitting on this one.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    A full server rollback to a backed up state before the event started and then a f-ton of crystals for the inconvenience, error, and progress lost in the hours 'removed' from existence due to the rollback seems like the only fair way to handle this. Oh, and probably award both (teams/individuals) 'wins' in (TW/GAC) this round.

I don't think handling this one account at a time is even on the table. They need to use the server time-machine to un-f this situation.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    VelanKariv wrote: »
    Stop merging the topics about the Malak event and maybe give us an answer? Or did you fire everyone that handles these constant blunders?

It is 830 am there, we are waiting for someone to get into the office, and probably have a conversation about how to handle this.

Lol, this should be interesting. I’ve got the popcorn ready.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Apparently hot fix pending. To remove shards gained. But how do they adress the guys who 7starred and g12d for example?

I can’t tell if hotfix is to remove shards gained or just remove future folks from getting shards

That's gonna EXPLODE those who were late to get shards >:)

I don't think they have a way to rollback if you actually upgraded the character or spent the shard shop currency.

It took them months and a few bungled attempts to refund Sith Assassin's gear. There is no way a hotfix is rolling back gear, credits, (spent) shard shop currency. Will most likely just purge any unused Malak shards from people who already completed the event, as well as stop the exploits in the event.

They can't realistically punish their user base for their own incompetence. We had a guild member who had 7* Malak already making a video of the LS for other guild members who hadn't done the event. He got the 75 shards and unsurprisingly cashed them in at the shard shop (because you can't selectively cash in shards - it just does all of them). Are they somehow going to remove half a Carbanti from his account. Or ungear some other character? Obviously not.

Without an in-game notification there was no way to know intent. Particularly for people who don't read forums or speak English.

It's an unfortunate situation and any solution is going to be unfair to someone. Probably the best analogy is when someone gets a TV that is priced wrong. They fix the price and cancel unfilled orders, but if you already have the TV they are SoL. And people who paid fill price get bupkus.
  • Options
    Cg gotta take it on the chin, compensate well (since you mess up alllll the time) take the hit on people getting 7 star GAS easy. And make a cash grab for ep9 before Christmas so you can still ‘win’
  • Options
    u7on89bmljbg.jpg
    They're taking the shards away, prepare for outrage oon a community wide scale
  • Options
    No matter what they do at this point, it’s going tick off a lot of people. I see many inactive accounts coming up soon. The rage quitting is going to increase more than it already has in the last few weeks of trash they have put out.
  • Options
    Just a friendly reminder to the devs, while fixing the mess the malak bug created please do not forget to do something for EVERY person that spent GET on Malak.

A person who is at 6* 90/100 deserve a reimbursement too. Because not only they spent more than 50k worth of currency but compare to other 7 stars you cannot even argue that they could enjoy the shiny toy.

Not trying to start a war between 6* and 7* owners, just trying to have everybody receiving a fair “fix”.

May the force be with you during those dark times!
  • Options
    If CG will delete the extra shards, will they refund the invested gear on the OR chars? NO
  • Options
    Cwc shards imminent
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    No matter what they do at this point, it’s going tick off a lot of people. I see many inactive accounts coming up soon. The rage quitting is going to increase more than it already has in the last few weeks of trash they have put out.

If they just leave it be and compensate the Guild Event Currency it would be a huge gesture of goodwill that would go a long way towards repairing their reputation.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    And before someone says this is a bug and everyone should have known it was a bug and so they shouldn't have done it, I'm going to call **** on that. CG has never been great at communication. While it is certainly unlikely that CG would have done this intentionally because it doesn't benefit them, it is an event and it is perfectly logical to think that they made it like other events where you can get the same rewards again. It's not a legendary journey. You get shards and zetas every time you do the Ewok event and the Dathomir event. I can certainly see how some people would have assumed this change was on purpose. Especially since this is literally the only "epic confrontation" that has run more than once. It's not unthinkable that they would change it to allow people to obtain 7* Malak this way, especially since people now have to save and spend those on General Skywalker. Again, it's totally out of the norm for CG to help players out in this way, but it's not unthinkable so also not a reason for everyone to assume it's a bug.
  • Options
    People should take screenshots of their characters and mods. This rollback will likely not go well and things will get screwed up.
  • Options
    The post thar was screenshotted was removed and is no longer there.
  • Options
    What a big bloody mess!
  • PSUIVERSON
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I vote they shut it down - those diehards who took advantage of it - let them have it. Give 50k GET to those who had 7 star Malak's prior to the bug.