Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I upgraded Malak from 11 to 13. What happens with all the gear? Money spent?
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ohhh no... It was a bug all along and you should use it... I hope they ban atleast a handful of people to show who's the boss

I thought you were better than this. lol. Apparently I was wrong. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Who cares about someone having the benefit of 1000 shard store token?! So be it, have fun! But the 57.000 GET ... that is what matters!
  • Options
    it'll get refunded like they've done in the past for zeta changes and Sith Assassin/Malak kit issues.... you'll just have to wait a month.
  • Options
    There's entire guilds of people who have had MAlak since the first iteration (like myself) and collected their 150 shards for shard shop currency and spent it (as they would have with any other shard shop currency) - all before this notice popped up?

Do you intend to go into those accounts and remove the salvage purchased, or put a negative value on their shard shop currency?
  • Options
    Kudlaty wrote: »
    IMHO if they really take away shards, then they probably will also remove gear given to Malak and return it to player inventory. Regard shard shop, they can just deduct from current balance amount that player received, even if it means going below 0. I think that it would be easiest solution.

That's presuming that what you are suggesting is even technically possible for them to do. I have a feeling this going to get worse before it gets....worse.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Oh man this is some funny stuff. CG, you suck at your job.

In that case, you are never again allowed to mess up at your own job

This whole issue isn't a big deal. I don't get why people are so angry over a veeery obvious bug.

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    The only equitable solution is to take away everyone's gear and shard currency except mine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It's wasted. Next time get the character the official and right way

Lol. Looks like somebody got **** of. They cannot do this the way you like it.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    They can take whole gear and ability materials from Malak and put it back in player inventory, they did that with some reworks if I recall correctly. But one could only wonder: is it a proper way of managing million dollar worth business?
  • Options
    It's wasted. Next time get the character the official and right way

That’s not the right answer, their screw up... they should refund everything used including the credit cost for promotion and all gear used which can’t be placed when he’s 5 or 6 star (g11 2 pieces plus all g12 and g13 stuff) they should have just compensated the players who already had him 7 star, fix the bug and left it at that. If they don’t do a refund then that’s the majority of players in the last 12 hours who cg have managed to hack off. Well done!
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The only equitable solution is to take away everyone's gear and shard currency except mine.

Which is pretty much what everyone is saying. They're just wording it differently depending on their situation.

• Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I've spent all my currency on gear now. 9k of it.
  • Options
    What a total balls up it seems like cg are intentionally trying to get rid of their player Base it's funny and sad to watch
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi folks,
    We are aware of the issue where Darth Malak's event, Starforge Showdow, is still giving out shards when completing the event a second time. Do not use this bug in the meantime. We will be removing these extra shards from accounts and the event with a hotfix. We will let you know when this will occur as soon as possible.

giphy.gif

• Options
    Umm... so I got the shards and used it to 7* Malak (yay!) before the announcement that this wasn’t as intended. I don’t think it was unreasonable to think that this was a bonus to replaying it... so am I somehow going to be punished for just playing what was active in game?
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • Options

Are they gonna refund over 4k crystals too?

Rollback Malak gonna do more damage than fix it.
  • Options
    All I want to know is when am I going to get the GET1 I invested in Malak back?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    VelanKariv wrote: »
    Stop merging the topics about the Malak event and maybe give us an answer? Or did you fire everyone that handles these constant blunders?

It is 830 am there, we are waiting for someone to get into the office, and probably have a conversation about how to handle this.

Did they handle falcon 7* made by 5* capital ships?
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    Another farce. Their own making and yet the community get punished again.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Which is pretty much what everyone is saying. They're just wording it differently depending on their situation.

Nah I think they should leave it as is. It was their mistake. They should have to pay for it, not us.
  • Rottweiler666
    73 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    How will we be compensated for resources and money spent on malak today ?

@SB_SBCrumb
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We are aware of the issue where Darth Malak's event, Starforge Showdow, is still giving out shards when completing the event a second time. Do not use this bug in the meantime. We will be removing these extra shards from accounts and the event with a hotfix. We will let you know when this will occur as soon as possible.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/216160/extra-shards-from-the-starforge-showdown#latest
  • Options
    jfears2 wrote: »

There are a lot of moving parts here and I'm not sure how they will do this unless they do a full server rollback to before the event began. Someone is going to lose something somewhere and that person is going to be ****, and it's probably going to be more than one person but I don't see how a hotfix is going to get a catch all and fix everything perfectly.

Totally agreed - there is a huge risk associated with even thinking about taking this approach. It could well screw things up well beyond where we are right now. This is true even if cg had the best testing practices, tests and testers.
  • Options

Are they gonna refund over 4k crystals too?

Rollback Malak gonna do more damage than fix it.

That's what I'm saying. We'll be **** out of money/crystals/gear. All they're worried about is taking away the shards.
  • Options
    Lol I can't wait to see the rollback cluster. We know CG is at best "marginally" competent as a development group, but how are they gonna handle the following situation:

Had 0 shard shop currency.
    Played event. Received 150 shards.
    Converted 150 shards into shard shop currency.
    Spent shard shop all shard shop currency on pieces of eq.
    Applied EQ to characters.

I'd bet my 5* GAS they aren't getting this rollback right.
  • Options

*Dang, that guy is good...*
  • Options
    I’m guessing as your removing the shards from accounts which was due to the buggy event that your compensating the players who 7 starred him with the 1 mil credit cost and all gear which has been put on him which can’t be used when he’s not 7 star?

Be happy they don't ban you.

Why? There’s no reason to ban anyone. It was 100% their fault. They’re terrible at communicating, so why would anyone just sit and wait to see if it’s a bug? If they ban, it’s a sign to just stop playing IMO 🤷🏼‍♂️