Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Entus wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Serious question. How does a rollback work? (Not saying this is what they will do to fix it just asking since people keep bringing it up.)

So if it rolls your roster back to a point in time before the event starts does it also roll back the energy you've used today, crystals you've used, credits you've used, mods you've upgraded? Or can the rollback apply only to a specific character?

I'm genuinely asking how it works because I'm not a programmer. I just want to know because while yeah I clicked the event on reflex and did the dark side one before checking the forums. I checked after I got the reward and then saw it was a bug so didn't try the light side. D idnt gear him up afterward because i only needed two gear pieces anyway because he was already 6 star G11 +4. And I wasn't going to spend 50 bucks finishing him off. But in the meantime today i have finished farming another G12+ piece for anakin and upgraded some mpds on other characters.

So will a rollback only affect the one character or will it affect your entire roster? I genuinely want to know how it works. Don't really care about them taking away the 75 Malak shards because it just means back to the grind I was on before.

It will rollback just your inventory. If, during the time of the event, you upgraded a toon, it will be rolled back as well. Say the event started at point A, and CG stopped it at point B. If you upgraded a toon after point B, then it will not be affected. If you upgraded a toon betwwen point A and B, it will be rolled back.

The only thing they cant roll back are purchases. I imagine for anyone that made a purchase of any kind during that time, they WILL NOT be included in the rollback. They will have to work those accounts individually. This is how they have done it in the past anyway.

What if you upgraded another character? Shards become shard shop currency, becomes gear, goes onto another character, or squished into relics, put on another character, or donated to another player...
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    dcbfan wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    dcbfan wrote: »
    You all promoting this bug, is no different then what McMole and BullDogg did. In the interest of fairness you all should be banned for 30 days at least too.

You can replay the AA and Mace capital ship mission for extra shards, why would people that dont visit the forums think this would be any different???

Again you should read what I said. The people promoting the bug should be banned. Not the one that played it. There is no way of knowing who played it for fun or extra shards. The player on this forums promoting the bug is clearly promoting a cheat.

You mean the player that posted BEFORE CG made a statement on it?? I played the dark side before I came here, and was gonna come here and post about it, because they changed it to be like the AA and Mace events...free shard shop money, but found the blow up. It’s not a bug or exploit, its bad QA, period. No one should get banned.
  • Options
    There is no way that they can fix this with a simple hotfix. Every account that got extra shards will be in a slightly different position. For some people all of those shards went to shard shop currancy for some they all went to unlocking malak, for most it will be a mixture of both. The only way they could even hope to "fix" this is to go account by account and fix it manually.

In addition to this, I imagine that many people have been hoarding gear specifically for malak. Mk6 stun guns, mk4 stun cuffs, and whatever g12 pieces that people spent will also have to be refunded on a case by case basis.

Really the biggest problem that I can see from this whole fiasco is the amount of bad will that will be built up no matter what decision they ultimately reach. Let everyone keep their extra malak shards and the people who spent GET to get him will be unhappy. Take the malak shards away and you have just taken away a shiny new toy from thousands of players. Either way you are going to have a metaphorical riot on your hands.
  • Options

I agree it should be 7 star from the start. But thats not what they did...[/quote]

Yes but they can do this as a fix
  • Options
    No, no. They would rollback from point A to point B. Point B was hours ago. Anything you do now will not be affected.

So anything from the time the event went live until CG_SBCrumb's post at 8:14AM then? Personally I can live with that rather easily because I was asleep for the vast majority of that period. There may be others that are dissatisfied with that, which I would understand.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Well they are busy making a brand new shiny game at this very moment.
    Will the swgoh community flock to the new game swing as so many bugs exists in this one.
    Hmmmmmm??!!!
  • Options
    That's fair to me. I re-did the event for fun this morning and was surprised first that their was no start rating, unusual for an event I already beat, and later on, that I got 75 shards out of it. My Malak was 6* 25/100 prior to the event, I just hope they don't mess up the patch... I'm not too confident I'll admit it.
  • Options
    One last thing I forgot: Since g11 can't use 6 dot mods, I wonder how many people upgraded malak, upgraded his mods, and now won't be able to use those mods on him if they roll it back.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Update for those who have not seen it.
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Due to the issue above, we will be doing a hotfix shortly to remove Starforge Showdown from being an active event. Once we have resolved the issue we will reschedule the event. We apologize for the inconvenience.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/216160/extra-shards-from-the-starforge-showdown#latest
  • Options
    The only way to make it right, would be to refund the GET tokens to anyone who unlocked him and took him to 7* before this event started. Anything else would be a spit in the face to long term players, P2P and F2P alike.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

It most certainly did say that.
    u9a99hjnluw9.jpeg

That is only reflected on the rewards tab that not everyone looks at first, just entering the event and playing does NOT reflect that.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Serious question. How does a rollback work? (Not saying this is what they will do to fix it just asking since people keep bringing it up.)

So if it rolls your roster back to a point in time before the event starts does it also roll back the energy you've used today, crystals you've used, credits you've used, mods you've upgraded? Or can the rollback apply only to a specific character?

I'm genuinely asking how it works because I'm not a programmer. I just want to know because while yeah I clicked the event on reflex and did the dark side one before checking the forums. I checked after I got the reward and then saw it was a bug so didn't try the light side. D idnt gear him up afterward because i only needed two gear pieces anyway because he was already 6 star G11 +4. And I wasn't going to spend 50 bucks finishing him off. But in the meantime today i have finished farming another G12+ piece for anakin and upgraded some mpds on other characters.

So will a rollback only affect the one character or will it affect your entire roster? I genuinely want to know how it works. Don't really care about them taking away the 75 Malak shards because it just means back to the grind I was on before.

It will rollback just your inventory. If, during the time of the event, you upgraded a toon, it will be rolled back as well. Say the event started at point A, and CG stopped it at point B. If you upgraded a toon after point B, then it will not be affected. If you upgraded a toon betwwen point A and B, it will be rolled back.

The only thing they cant roll back are purchases. I imagine for anyone that made a purchase of any kind during that time, they WILL NOT be included in the rollback. They will have to work those accounts individually. This is how they have done it in the past anyway.

What if you upgraded another character? Shards become shard shop currency, becomes gear, goes onto another character, or squished into relics, put on another character, or donated to another player...

I assume they will just rollback malak. Your other toons may be unaffected. They may decide to do malak and ur inventory. Well have to see.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    There is no way that they can fix this with a simple hotfix. Every account that got extra shards will be in a slightly different position. For some people all of those shards went to shard shop currancy for some they all went to unlocking malak, for most it will be a mixture of both. The only way they could even hope to "fix" this is to go account by account and fix it manually.

In addition to this, I imagine that many people have been hoarding gear specifically for malak. Mk6 stun guns, mk4 stun cuffs, and whatever g12 pieces that people spent will also have to be refunded on a case by case basis.

Really the biggest problem that I can see from this whole fiasco is the amount of bad will that will be built up no matter what decision they ultimately reach. Let everyone keep their extra malak shards and the people who spent GET to get him will be unhappy. Take the malak shards away and you have just taken away a shiny new toy from thousands of players. Either way you are going to have a metaphorical riot on your hands.

If they roll your entire inventory back to before the event, how does that not fix this?
  • Options
    So I spent 5k crystals to gear my malak up thinking like a lot of others that this was what the devs meant in their Q&A about making legendarys more easily farmable n alleviating the gets crunch so all the gear I purchased an my 5k crystals am i gonna get all tht back? This is one huge clusterbuck. No matter what they do here there will be lot of unhappy ppl an i see lot ppl losing out on $$ they may have spent an gear they added an crystals used.
  • Options
    I wonder how many SWGOH players will ever play another CG game and how many will avoid them like the plague.
  • Options
    I wonder how many SWGOH players will ever play another CG game and how many will avoid them like the plague.

I estimate that only the shilliest of shills will play the new game
  • gura
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    As for Malak event - anything you want to do with that CG (personally I think you should only revert shards for these ppl who unlocked Malak having only light or only dark side toons) - do not take back Malak from ppl who just unlocked it.
    Some of us spent many hours from the very morning trying to unlock it. Spent a lot of credits for remodding and now we just want to play with our just unlocked toon.
    We just played the event for the first time, completed it and deserved Malak. Don't make us furious.
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    PSUIVERSON wrote: »

I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary and have spent a nice amount on this game (Used Car level) / i'm gone if they take this away and rollback.

If "taking away" something you got from an exploit and weren't entitled to receive is enough to make you quit the game, then you were basically out the door already and would have quit soon anyway.

Stop calling it an exploit.

It's an exploit now, since they confirmed it to be bugged and told everyone not to use it.

No it's not
  • Options

If they roll your entire inventory back to before the event, how does that not fix this?

What about other people who have been affected? A player who should have won vs a 6-star G11 Malak suddenly had to face a R7 Malak and lost, will that be compensated?
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    There is no reason to believe that they will take it back. They said they will remove the "extra" shards, which means anyone completing a tier for the first time should be fine.
    We will be removing these extra shards from accounts and the event with a hotfix.
  • Options
    At this point if they mess up the recovery it's going to be bad for the game overall. They can roll it back but several in my guild (a guild that has been around since day 1 of this game) said they would quit if they roll this back. It's not a matter of "fixing it" for those that have completed it but rather a matter of CG's approach to the game as a whole. Look CG, you messed up... own it. Let it ride, don't lose players to keep the money machine going. Also if you ban players who did it that will be that, basically my entire guild will quit out of solidarity. Don't mess this up, just let it ride.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options

Are you intentionally being obtuse? The event started half a day ago. How many changes have happened to rosters in that time that are unrelated to Malak?

What about Tw rewards that were just paid out?

Wont dont you get. Only malak, crystals, gear would be affected. Not other characters. No other events...
  • Options
    Fine if you were unlocking him for the first time but I was 25 shards off 7 star.
    Did ds round on the way to work
    this morning, blissfully unaware this was a bug. Got him to 7 star and cashed in the 50 spare shards.
    If they take 75 back off me I’m now at 0/100 and short 75 shards worth of get tokens.
    I will most definitely be quitting the game if that is how it plays out
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »

What about other people who have been affected? A player who should have won vs a 6-star G11 Malak suddenly had to face a R7 Malak and lost, will that be compensated?

Cmon now..really? That can be **** up to, you should have known better. Thats just petty.