Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    PSUIVERSON wrote: »

I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary and have spent a nice amount on this game (Used Car level) / i'm gone if they take this away and rollback.

If "taking away" something you got from an exploit and weren't entitled to receive is enough to make you quit the game, then you were basically out the door already and would have quit soon anyway.
  • Options
    I hope this is a hard lesson for them to realize unlocking at 5* and farming to 7* through a store is dumb. Just give us our epic characters at 7*.

All the man hours used to fix this. SMH.

I totally agree, epic confrontations are hardest events and you get less than in legendary/journey, really silly idea from the start
  • Options

I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary and have spent a nice amount on this game (Used Car level) / i'm gone if they take this away and rollback.

If "taking away" something you got from an exploit and weren't entitled to receive is enough to make you quit the game, then you were basically out the door already and would have quit soon anyway.

Stop calling it an exploit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    CG will simply take a capture of the DB before the event was released and roll back to that point. They dont have to look at individual accounts. However, any changes you have made to ur account in the last few hours will be rolled back. The only thing left out will be money spent on packs or crystals. They will have to work on those case by case.
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    Options
    All this mess could be avoided if people could just learn to keep their mouths shut when they spot an obvious mistake.
  • Options
    If they do rollback the server, they will have to refund my money I spent on G12 packs and Relic materials. Anything less than that will result in disputing the payment with my credit card company.

Everyone who is in a similar boat should be ready to do the same. If CG is going to be like this than they can deal with thousands of credit card dispute claims. That will be another fun day at their offices.
  • Options
    CG in big doodoo this time
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It's an exploit now, since they confirmed it to be bugged and told everyone not to use it.

Agreed. But that's not the context of the quote. And it's only really fair to treat as an exploit if the post by Crumb is sent out in game. A majority of players don't read the forums.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36662 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »

It's an exploit now, since they confirmed it to be bugged and told everyone not to use it.

I missed the part where they told everyone not to use it.

EDIT: My bad, it does say that after all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    this situation is **** up. CG needs 8 hours to realize a "bug" which had even a preview in the events tab! Do the developers even play their own game?
    This is pure incompetence
  • Options
    If they do rollback the server, they will have to refund my money I spent on G12 packs and Relic materials. Anything less than that will result in disputing the payment with my credit card company.

Everyone who is in a similar boat should be ready to do the same. If CG is going to be like this than they can deal with thousands of credit card dispute claims. That will be another fun day at their offices.
    I totally agree, I can't see how else we can do this.

You paid to get it now the gear, if they send the gear back to hour inventory and say you need to grind six months of GET then you could have earned that f2p.

They must refund all purchases of gear today that are requested or we will have to get it refunded ourselves via the credit card company.
  • Options
    Simple, let us keep 7* Malak for those who got it today by playing the event again, and give the others who already had Malak at 7* the equivalent GET currency to use for something else?
  • Options
    @CG Mods, you guys are the worst. There are multiple aspects being talked about, and one giant thread makes it impossible. Having even twenty threads on a somewhat related topic doesnt hurt anything. One giant thread just shuts down the conversation because everything gets lost in the dozens of pages on the one thread, but then again, I guess the whole point of merging the threads IS to SHUT DOWN the conversation.
  • Options
    This game's got more bugs than a cheap motel.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Spent all my currency on gear instead of malak shards now. Will we get that back?
  • Options

They must refund all purchases of gear today that are requested or we will have to get it refunded ourselves via the credit card company.

Given CG's history, that's while they will take this path....i.e. "We screwed up...now our customers have to figure out how to fix it." :D

• Options

I prefer "than a picnic in a rain forest", but that works too.

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    All this mess could be avoided if people could just learn to keep their mouths shut when they spot an obvious mistake.

Exactly. There was a vending machine at my office that gave away two sodas for the price of one... for months I would silently get my two drinks and just go about my business...

Then a coworker comes along and starts bragging about the 2 for 1 deal to everyone that will listen. Within a week... back to one drink. I’m still not over it.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Spent all my currency on gear instead of malak shards now. Will we get that back?

First I dont believe you. You have heard of GS right? And if you did, thats ur fault. Guarantee u wont get that back.
  • Options
    I won both light and dark side challenges today, and g13 with relics 7 was done today.
  • Options

I respectfully disagree.
  • Options
    Entus wrote: »

First I dont believe you. You have heard of GS right? And if you did, thats ur fault. Guarantee u wont get that back.

What does Geonosian Soldier have to do with this?

• Options
    We should keep this post going so they can see how many people they PO'd with their screw up
  • Options
    Thats not good at all! Guys yuo made something wrong on the event. The previous was good. But u screwed something, i get the shards again after a few mount i was enjoyed my 7*malak. It was only 75 shards away becaouse the lame dropbof get from tb.... If i report a bug you dont intrested im warned etc... Thats not cool. Maybe you will ban me for this. U dont do anithing about the cheating yes cheating guilds at the tw but if we get free Malak shards u get it back. We lost many many materials, zetas, etc at the lost tw-s becouse of the travel downs. And now we have a malak event with free shards and you get it back. Are you insane?! Thats not our fault! Its yours!
  • Options

I don't agree with that. I assumed they modified the Malak event to encourage GAS GET savings going forward and this was intentional. Once i got the shards - i then upgraded Malak and am on the brink of G12. Used gear i needed for Padme to G12 and was saving. Expensive gear. Kyro and Stun Guns. That's not cool and that's a ton of time and effort - not me being passively flippant.
  • Options
    Aka_mannah wrote: »

I prefer "than a picnic in a rain forest", but that works too.

More bugs than a Bangkok **** is my favourite

Well, sure....but I like being allowed to post here, so I generally don't use that one.

• Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Entus wrote: »

Why wouldn't you believe me? 9k roughly. I'm not even close to gas so was always going to be gear after malak. Why is it my fault? Can't I spend my currency without having to check every forum beforehand. Genuinely thought they were dishing more malak shards out after the 5* gas uproar.
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    We should keep this post going so they can see how many people they PO'd with their screw up

In my experience, I don't think this will require much effort.