Replay malak event. It gives shards [MERGE]

Replies

• JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    That's cool. Then I guess I should be able to get shards for CLS, JTR, JKR, and DR when those events come around too?

They have made it crystal clear that epic confrontation is NOT a legendary event or hero's journey.

Turns out it may be more like the original Mother Talzin/ Wicked event with just alot harder requirements and different structure. Either way, it's a category of it's own.
  • Options
    I unlocked him the 2nd time around. Had him 6* part way to 7* and I don't really care about the 150 shards going to people who newly got him. I find the character sorta underwhelming especially since GG is so easy to get and GS is a new top character. My Malak gets smashed all the time I doubt 7* is a major difference. People who had him 7* on the first go reaped the benefits for months before GG and GS were plentiful.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Efranzblau wrote: »
    It's intended now because it's the 3rd time he's come. That's probably how it's going to be for GS too. That's how they help with the gear crunch. Use your GET1 if you want him fast to 7* and not if you want to wait. No one should get GET1 back unless you also want to give back the crystals you accumulated from having a 7* Malak.

Yeah, sure. So tell me of the great benefits I had for having a 7* Malak for 3 days?

If you read my previous post, I clearly said that if you are a second time unlock you deserve refund, especially if you hoarded and just finished him. Those who can't speak for refunds are those who got him the first time and benefit for months from having him.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    I think now they should Nerf Malik to the point he has the same strength as Mace Windu

Also Nerf Anakin to lets say CUP because be honest the best are and have always been han and chewie

Then nerf this comment
  • Options
    Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend at EA Sacramento!

Jokes aside, the best way to fix this would be to just give everyone a free 7* Malak. No tedious grinds or events needed. Me first obviously.
  • Options
    It's by far worse that for some people this goddamn game keeps freezing upon winning against malak and you can't get any shards at all.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Hyosube wrote: »
    It's by far worse that for some people this goddamn game keeps freezing upon winning against malak and you can't get any shards at all.

That's a new one, it may be a hardware issue on your end, I don't think anyone else has reported this issue
  • Options
    Efranzblau wrote: »
    It's intended now because it's the 3rd time he's come. That's probably how it's going to be for GS too. That's how they help with the gear crunch. Use your GET1 if you want him fast to 7* and not if you want to wait. No one should get GET1 back unless you also want to give back the crystals you accumulated from having a 7* Malak.

Yeah, sure. So tell me of the great benefits I had for having a 7* Malak for 3 days?

Ouch. That hurts. Your situation is about the worst it gets. You never got to even enjoy him at 7 star. Cg definitely botched this. Any way you slice this it’s a massive failure on their part. I wasn’t a huge Carrie fan, but woah... the game seems to be run so poorly anymore. It’s sad, because there is so much potential. I hope the devs start to learn, and that they can improve. Hopefully their decisions and mistakes are all improved moving forward.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Pille wrote: »
    Pille wrote: »
    The currency for Malak is earned by beating the wars. In a whale Guild it is easy, but the lower you are the more difficult it is to earn the currency...the currency is a Bonus for higher guilds, nothing else and the Bonus for Malak is over...you will have the Bonus now for General Anakin...even if you are now out of this currency...for a short time...we had things like this before e.g. with chirrut and baze or wedge

Everyone who writes that stuff has comprehensive skills like a stone.

Ok...thanks for your arguments little trolli ;-)

That's also stone-like. Can't comprehend the text and calls them trolls. Silly people never change

I think personal skill and resource Management should be the key to unlock and Level your chars not any bonus from being in a high Level guild...for short Term i am fine
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    slapjunk wrote: »
    I unlocked him the 2nd time around. Had him 6* part way to 7* and I don't really care about the 150 shards going to people who newly got him. I find the character sorta underwhelming especially since GG is so easy to get and GS is a new top character. My Malak gets smashed all the time I doubt 7* is a major difference. People who had him 7* on the first go reaped the benefits for months before GG and GS were plentiful.

Relic 7 Malak vs relic 7 GG is a close one. I think your problem may be mods, if you mod him with tons of tenacity and he resist the target lock from IPD and IG then he can taunt which disrupts the whole battle for GG.
  • Options
    Hyosube wrote: »

Are you using airplane mode? I can't think of a reason, other than a connection issue, that this would happen.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    154 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The trouble is I feel bad for the people who grafted the 57k to get him 7star. Also I feel bad for people who completed today and will likely have to get 57k tokens for 7* as it'll be removed next time around. So a few thousand lucky people get rewarded for an exploit.

Also all the guys complaining..no doubt cashed in for the 2,250 shard store currency and have already spent it on gear. So if they roll back then everyone should be rewarded 2,250 shard store currency.
  • Options

GAS is not plentiful. There are less than 7K of him in the game, and half or more of those are trash because of kyros and 5*.
  • Options
    Your GET wasn’t down the drain you used it to get ahead and reaped the benefits that having a 7 Star Malak early for you...

The problem is they made the event look like a one time only 5* unlock reward.

We were forced to waste GET tokens.

When it came second time around there was no rewards for those who completed it first time.

As a ftp I need those tokens! That was A LOT of gear wasted......
  • Options
    The devs have to be waking up soon. I’d imagine someone checks the forums and says oh crap any minute.
    Here is what I would expect-
    Take down the event and a nice letter explaining why.
    Then sometime later today an apology and a decision on how to handle this.
    I would imagine this is so bad that they have to get the attorneys involved to figure out what each ramification is for their course.
    I bet this thread is deleted within the next 30 mins
  • Gascharack
    48 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Calm down guys. The GET isn’t lost. Bacause if the investment we were able to play high ranks and get high rewards in arena and GA and TB and TW...

so if you say the GET is lost, you didn’t play the game right the last months. Ja, it’s a big surprise to take another 150 shards but it isn’t lost at all. And no one saved the GET without getting Malak to 7 stars, fall deep in arena and only wait for a meta shift which is far away...
  • Options
    Gascharack wrote: »
    Calm down guys. The GET isn’t lost. Bacause if the investment we were able to play high ranks and get high rewards in arena and GA and TB and TW...

so if you say the GET is lost, you didn’t play the game right the last months. Ja, it’s a big surprise to take another 150 shards but it isn’t lost at all. And no one saved the GET without getting Malak to 7 stars, fall deep in arena and only wait for a meta shift which is far away...

That makes zero sense.
  • Options
    so now you are able to unlock malak with only light side or only dark side team. some people can skip a lot of farming
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

If you had him 7* for a while then yes you don't deserve a refund on anything. If you unlocked him second time and you purchased most of the shards towards 7 stars or recently completed the grind then I think a refund is in order.

I'm just think it's a little hypocritical to see people who have had Malak at 7 stars gear 13 for ages acting like they are being wronged and deserve refunds of their tokens, because if they could turn back the clock knowing that this would happen, they would still end up spending the tokens for the competitive advantage Malak offered for so long, they wouldn't just wait all these months, sitting on a 5 star gear 11 Malak. So spare us with the drama please!
  • Options
    My brother just went 7* and G12 on him because of this bug. Saved him tens of thousands of GET1 currency.

Way to go CG.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Sparkle361 wrote: »
    so now you are able to unlock malak with only light side or only dark side team. some people can skip a lot of farming

No, because that is still a bug till the devs say something else.
    Anyone making it WAI hide the fact that they exploited an bug.

Lmao guilty until proven innocent? That's not how it works and for a good reason. So as far as I'm concerned it's WAI until the devs come out and say it's a bug. (Innocent until proven guilty). That's how courts and the laws operate, unless you think you're smarter than those who determined that this is the right approach.
  • Options
    JZ95 wrote: »
    Sparkle361 wrote: »

No, because that is still a bug till the devs say something else.
    Anyone making it WAI hide the fact that they exploited an bug.

Lmao guilty until proven innocent? That's not how it works and for a good reason. So as far as I'm concerned it's WAI until the devs come out and say it's a bug. (Innocent until proven guilty). That's how courts and the laws operate, unless you think you're smarter than those who determined that this is the right approach.

I agree with this. Until the developers come out and say it's a bug (and actually do something about it) - then no one is "exploiting" anything. Come on evoluza, stop using loaded language to troll. You're better than that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

If you had him 7* for a while then yes you don't deserve a refund on anything. If you unlocked him second time and you purchased most of the shards towards 7 stars or recently completed the grind then I think a refund is in order.

I'm just think it's a little hypocritical to see people who have had Malak at 7 stars gear 13 for ages acting like they are being wronged and deserve refunds of their tokens, because if they could turn back the clock knowing that this would happen, they would still end up spending the tokens for the competitive advantage Malak offered for so long, they wouldn't just wait all these months, sitting on a 5 star gear 11 Malak. So spare us with the drama please!

Haha. First off CG is going to most likely do nothing. But it's laughable that you think if you completed it the second time around, a refund is in order. Its everyone or no one. They arent going to pick and choose.

Let me guess, you unlocked him the second time around? Hypocritical much?

And yes, I think everyone or no one should get a refund. Players weren't given the option to decide if they wanted to spend GEC. They were told, 5* unlock. Then GEC. I'm sure some would have chosen to not spend GEC.
  • Options

What you are missing it the opportunity cost of Malak for those of us who unlocked him the first or second time and spent GET1 to 7* him. Fact is we did not know this would happen (and CG probably didn't either) so we couldn't make that choice.
  • Options

Relic 7 Malak vs relic 7 GG is a close one. I think your problem may be mods, if you mod him with tons of tenacity and he resist the target lock from IPD and IG then he can taunt which disrupts the whole battle for GG.

Ya exactly my point though. Malak is not some "unbeatable" character right now. He's level with GG who is easy to get. Anyone who's had Malak since the first unlock likely has him relec 7, 7* and the whole team with godly mods. They've reaped the benefits with early unlocks due to GET currency and it'll be months before most of these new 7* Malak players can contend with their malaks and GG's so they still benefit. It's really not a big deal.
  • Options
    The amount of gear you could have got from 76k in guild token currency vs the 2200 shard store converted Malek shards is HUGE!!!

Anyone that spent guild tokens to buy Malek shards should be really upset. Sadly it’s a game and we shouldn’t let games upset us so much with so much other real life things that worthy of being upset about.

I’ve said this before and I still mean it: whoever is in charge of the decision making at CG is doing a horrible horrible job. It’s almost like they’ve hired some young 20something straight out of college that has 0 experience in the gaming industry field.

76k guild tokens vs 2200 shard currency is a big big difference in the amount of gear a lot of players got screwed out of.

CG you keep punishing players for the choices we make!!! No wonder why people are quitting left and right. You deserve whatever backlash comes in the future!

It's 68400 for the whole Malak. 57000 for the 150 shards this is all about and these amount 2250 shardstorecurrency.
    Get your facts straight!

Well excuse me for forgetting how many guild tokens I spent to get him the 1st....it was months ago.

Since you got the numbers correct: 57000 guild tokens vs 2250 shipment tokens is still a huge difference in the amount of gear that could have been bought instead of being spent on males shards!!
  • Options
    I too am seeing this. They can't put a hotfix in before I can do it again please!!!

On another note, did anyone with him do it again to see if it did indeed give you more shards?
  • Options
    The amount of gear you could have got from 76k in guild token currency vs the 2200 shard store converted Malek shards is HUGE!!!

Anyone that spent guild tokens to buy Malek shards should be really upset. Sadly it’s a game and we shouldn’t let games upset us so much with so much other real life things that worthy of being upset about.

I’ve said this before and I still mean it: whoever is in charge of the decision making at CG is doing a horrible horrible job. It’s almost like they’ve hired some young 20something straight out of college that has 0 experience in the gaming industry field.

76k guild tokens vs 2200 shard currency is a big big difference in the amount of gear a lot of players got screwed out of.

CG you keep punishing players for the choices we make!!! No wonder why people are quitting left and right. You deserve whatever backlash comes in the future!

It's 68400 for the whole Malak. 57000 for the 150 shards this is all about and these amount 2250 shardstorecurrency.
    Get your facts straight!

Well excuse me for forgetting how many guild tokens I spent to get him the 1st....it was months ago.

Since you got the numbers correct: 57000 guild tokens vs 2250 shipment tokens is still a huge difference in the amount of gear that could have been bought instead of being spent on males shards!!

You are hereby excused!

Better?