New Bug? General Skywalker - after update gets an extra counter before entering Cover

Prev134567
Basically, he is getting an extra counter that didn't used to take place. If Echo has Command then it's a three hit counter (GS's counter, Echo's assist and Turret's assist) that is enough to wipe out a full-health R7 Malak...in other words, pretty much ****.

This isn't in the patch notes, so I'm guessing it's not expected behavior and perhaps created by the fixing of this bug?:
UNIT - Fixed an issue that would cause General Skywalker not to enter “Cover” if reduced to 0 Protection from Resistance Hero Poe's Unique ability “Spark of Resistance”.

Thoughts?

Replies

• NOOCH
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes this nullifies the zeta nooch just spent on stormtrooper han. Would appreciate the zeta back or return the mechanic to normal.
  • Basically, he is getting an extra counter that didn't used to take place. If Echo has Command then it's a three hit counter (GS's counter, Echo's assist and Turret's assist) that is enough to wipe out a full-health R7 Malak...in other words, pretty much ****.

This isn't in the patch notes, so I'm guessing it's not expected behavior and perhaps created by the fixing of this bug?:
    UNIT - Fixed an issue that would cause General Skywalker not to enter “Cover” if reduced to 0 Protection from Resistance Hero Poe's Unique ability “Spark of Resistance”.

Thoughts?

Um... if echo and the turret are assisting on a GAS counter attack you should file a bug report.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Especially since the turret only assists on Arc’s counters, or the Command toon’s turn. Not if the Command toon is assisting or countering.
  • Yeah, pretty sure it was Echo's counter then the Turret. I'll verify again to be 100% positive.
  • I've noticed that even without arc trooper but using ahsoka that General Skywalker has been extra hard today, I only won 1 fight out of 5 attempts against teams I usually can get through relatively easy on padme. Assists that strip protection up just seem to be happening more frequently so I almost never get my own turns and protection up/courage was really low compared to usual when I get to topple phase, on top of GS 1 shotting whoever hits him last before toppling because they converted to courage hit him, and then he countered them with no protection up and crit them.
  • I actually kind of like this happening. This adjustment makes the team a bit better, which is enough to actually give value to the person who has the team. We saw Jedi Revan and then Darth Revan eclipse the previous meta by a huge margin, and then watched General Skywalker just kind of be pretty good. Maybe a tad better than a full Sith Empire team.

With this extra attack it really takes the team a step forward. I totally understand being mad about this bug, but I like it a bit
  • I actually kind of like this happening. This adjustment makes the team a bit better, which is enough to actually give value to the person who has the team. We saw Jedi Revan and then Darth Revan eclipse the previous meta by a huge margin, and then watched General Skywalker just kind of be pretty good. Maybe a tad better than a full Sith Empire team.

With this extra attack it really takes the team a step forward. I totally understand being mad about this bug, but I like it a bit
    Having a team with no viable counters breaks the game.

• Yep 100% a new bug after latest update.
  • .i can confirm this! i'm using Drevan counter against all GS on my shard.
    .and every time i took GS to 0 protection, he counters before taking cover (which messes my strategy), this only happened for me since today!!!!
    .please FIX this!!!
  • Sorry but this is not a bug / shouldn't be one.

GS Kit:
    "Takes Cover if he has 0% Protection AT THE END OF EVERY TURN"

For example:
    DR is attacking GS. GS drops to 0% Protection. (Turn is not over yet. A turn is over when another char is gaining TM / having a turn)
    GS should counter because DR is still in his turn. (It is a counter act to his turn but he is still at his turn)

I don't know why this is a bug tbh. For me it is working as intended.
    If they claim it as a bug they should rename the ability to "Takes immediately Cover if he reaches 0% Protection" and give everyone a compensation for that.
  • Akenno wrote: »
    Sorry but this is not a bug / shouldn't be one.

GS Kit:

For example:
    DR is attacking GS. GS drops to 0% Protection. (Turn is not over yet. A turn is over when another char is gaining TM / having a turn)
    GS should counter because DR is still in his turn. (It is a counter act to his turn but he is still at his turn)

If they claim it as a bug they should rename the ability to "Takes immediately Cover if he reaches 0% Protection" and give everyone a compensation for that.
    That is the way it has worked since he was released until yesterday. You get him to 0% protection he takes cover.

• It's confirmed as a bug now: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224222/general-skywalker-countering-before-entering-cover#latest
    But they're not going to fix it before tomorrrow, won't help with arena climbings through those bugged teams today.
  • Akenno wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

When he is countering it happens AFTER the end of the attacker’s turn, so this is a bug.

It should go...

You hit him. Your turn ends. He counters if he is still up, but if his protection is at zero then since a turn just ended he will take cover.

Regardless of anyone’s interpretation (yours is incorrect according to the designers of the game) it has worked this way since release, and players have spent and upgraded counter teams based on how it has been working. So kind of a disincentive to spend if that’s going to happen to screw up counters right after we’ve upgraded them.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    I actually kind of like this happening. This adjustment makes the team a bit better, which is enough to actually give value to the person who has the team. We saw Jedi Revan and then Darth Revan eclipse the previous meta by a huge margin, and then watched General Skywalker just kind of be pretty good. Maybe a tad better than a full Sith Empire team.

First off again I understand not liking the bug, but this is a flawed argument.

When Jedi Revan came out you absolutely 100% could not beat a near max/max team unless you had Jedi Revan. When Darth Revan and Malak came out you couldn't beat a near max/max DR/Malak team... unless you had DR/Malak. General Skywalker was the first "new meta" that was beatable by half a dozen much easier to farm teams right from the get-go since before the Revans and even to a lesser extent Traya.

Which also is probably a good thing. But as a first time adopter of a meta the initial release, it kinda sucks having General Skywalker and being beaten by every team under the sun. This bug makes it marginally better to be a Skywalker owner. Although it isn't really a massive difference
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

When he is countering it happens AFTER the end of the attacker’s turn, so this is a bug.

It should go...

You hit him. Your turn ends. He counters if he is still up, but if his protection is at zero then since a turn just ended he will take cover.

Regardless of anyone’s interpretation (yours is incorrect according to the designers of the game) it has worked this way since release, and players have spent and upgraded counter teams based on how it has been working. So kind of a disincentive to spend if that’s going to happen to screw up counters right after we’ve upgraded them.

Sorry to say that but a counter attack occurs if someone attacked. The turn does not end if you attacked or used an ability. The turn ends if everything associated with that ends. Otherwise a turn based game would make zero sense at all. Just add the wording "immediately" and its ready or just leave it so and clarify that a counter attack is still inside a turn from someone.
  • I noticed this yesterday also and they've already confirmed That it's a bug
  • They're workin on it, relax
  • Just another bug that gives the player base headaches.... at least there's no plan in development that requires multiple high relic'd characters to grab some cash & give us worthless characters 6 months down the road... ahem!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    JacenRoe wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

It should go...

Sorry to say that but a counter attack occurs if someone attacked. The turn does not end if you attacked or used an ability. The turn ends if everything associated with that ends. Otherwise a turn based game would make zero sense at all. Just add the wording "immediately" and its ready or just leave it so and clarify that a counter attack is still inside a turn from someone.

When a character is doing a thing... it is their turn.

When they stop doing that thing... their turn has ended.

Someone else doing a thing afterwards is not part of their turn... because it happens... AFTER.

Seems simple enough. Also the people that designed the game say you’re wrong. So... argue with them that they didn’t intend what they says they did.
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited February 2020

When Jedi Revan came out you absolutely 100% could not beat a near max/max team unless you had Jedi Revan. When Darth Revan and Malak came out you couldn't beat a near max/max DR/Malak team... unless you had DR/Malak.

Wow. Everything you just said is entirely freaking wrong and inaccurate. Stop with nonsense already.

Ah yes well put! You certainly refuted all of my points with a well thought out accurate response with counterpoints and wit!
  • The CG bug fixing updates

1 bug leaves, 1 bug enters.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • This is ridiculous. Can they not change anything in the game without screwing something else up? This makes GAS almost unstoppable. I've lost all arena matches to GAS teams
  • I'm guessing there won't be any crystal reimbursement for those who have lost arena matches due to the bug that they typically win either. Ah, CG's usual Mark of incompetence. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

It should go...

Someone else doing a thing afterwards is not part of their turn... because it happens... AFTER.

Seems simple enough. Also the people that designed the game say you’re wrong. So... argue with them that they didn’t intend what they says they did.

Well, actually...counter attacks occur before the end of turn. For example, if you’re using DR and attack an opponent with retribution or some other means of counter and take that opponent below 50% health, the opponent will counter before death mark gets placed on the leader.

Key part of DR’s lead here:

“At the end of each turn, if an enemy fell below 50% Health during that turn, inflict Deathmark on the enemy leader for 1 turn. This Deathmark can't be copied, dispelled or resisted, or evaded.”

The way GAS was working is inconsistent with how other end of turn abilities work. It’s now working as the ability is worded. If CG wants GAS to immediately go into Cover when he loses protection then I believe they’ll need to change the wording of his leader ability to say immediately instead of end of turn.

Another example would be Barriss. She clears debuffs at the end of her turn. If she attacks someone that can counter, they will counter her attack and then the debuffs will be removed.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    I actually kind of like this happening. This adjustment makes the team a bit better, which is enough to actually give value to the person who has the team. We saw Jedi Revan and then Darth Revan eclipse the previous meta by a huge margin, and then watched General Skywalker just kind of be pretty good. Maybe a tad better than a full Sith Empire team.

First off again I understand not liking the bug, but this is a flawed argument.

When Jedi Revan came out you absolutely 100% could not beat a near max/max team unless you had Jedi Revan. When Darth Revan and Malak came out you couldn't beat a near max/max DR/Malak team... unless you had DR/Malak. General Skywalker was the first "new meta" that was beatable by half a dozen much easier to farm teams right from the get-go since before the Revans and even to a lesser extent Traya.

Which also is probably a good thing. But as a first time adopter of a meta the initial release, it kinda sucks having General Skywalker and being beaten by every team under the sun. This bug makes it marginally better to be a Skywalker owner. Although it isn't really a massive difference

Screw your sense of entitlement to being invincible. This is a game and there needs to be some balance. There does need to be some counters, and no not every squad can counter General Skywalker, fewer squads can than any other team, because he's the meta. There are lots of soft counters to JKR now (DR/Malak and General Skywalker are hard counters), and GS is a hard counter to Malak but there are other squads that soft counter him like Padme, CLS, JKR, and now the new Resistance Hero characters with JTR, General Grievous nuke squad.
    General Skywalker has no hard counters and 3 soft counters. DR/Malak, Padme, and CLS.
    Quit with the hyperbole about every team being able to beat it.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »

GS Kit:

For example:

It should go...

Well, actually...counter attacks occur before the end of turn. For example, if you’re using DR and attack an opponent with retribution or some other means of counter and take that opponent below 50% health, the opponent will counter before death mark gets placed on the leader.

Key part of DR’s lead here:

“At the end of each turn, if an enemy fell below 50% Health during that turn, inflict Deathmark on the enemy leader for 1 turn. This Deathmark can't be copied, dispelled or resisted, or evaded.”

The way GAS was working is inconsistent with how other end of turn abilities work. It’s now working as the ability is worded. If CG wants GAS to immediately go into Cover when he loses protection then I believe they’ll need to change the wording of his leader ability to say immediately instead of end of turn.

Another example would be Barriss. She clears debuffs at the end of her turn. If she attacks someone that can counter, they will counter her attack and then the debuffs will be removed.

I don't think that this makes sense. If an attack brings a character to 0% health, they would die prior to counter-attacking even if they had retribution. The attacker's turn is over after they have attacked- the counter-attack is a new mechanism, not part of the original turn. With your reasoning, killed toons would counterattack before dying. Clearly it is not WAI right now because the developers consider it a bug and it only started happening after they fixed another bug.
This discussion has been closed.