New Bug? General Skywalker - after update gets an extra counter before entering Cover

Replies

• Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.
    Once he's at 0% prot he's shutdown. Sorry. Clear as day. Unless you want say Rebels to get counters in before they die.
    Once he's at 0% protection, he goes into cover at the end of the turn. Other things happen before the end of the turn... such as counter attacks. Going into cover is not the same as being defeated. You can say it should work differently all you want, but the FACT is that it now works exactly as the ability is written.

It would be correct only if he did it every time. But the way it is, sometimes he counts, sometimes not.

When exactly is he not countering? Some abilities cannot be countered, and daze will stop a counter.

Sometimes GAS simply doesn't counter, and daze has nothing to do with it. Hence, the discussion of it being a bug.

Personally, I believe it's a bug, but I don't necessarily care if it's "fixed" or left alone.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.
    Once he's at 0% prot he's shutdown. Sorry. Clear as day. Unless you want say Rebels to get counters in before they die.
    Once he's at 0% protection, he goes into cover at the end of the turn. Other things happen before the end of the turn... such as counter attacks. Going into cover is not the same as being defeated. You can say it should work differently all you want, but the FACT is that it now works exactly as the ability is written.

It would be correct only if he did it every time. But the way it is, sometimes he counts, sometimes not.

When exactly is he not countering? Some abilities cannot be countered, and daze will stop a counter.

Sometimes GAS simply doesn't counter, and daze has nothing to do with it. Hence, the discussion of it being a bug.

Personally, I believe it's a bug, but I don't necessarily care if it's "fixed" or left alone.

I have never seen him fail to counter when he should counter. Ever.
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starl0rd wrote: »

yes, it is true that he sometimes doesn't counter, but the important part is when. Personally, I have only experience him not countering when he is attacked by an ability that cannot be countered.

So, when is your GAS not countering?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Makes sense to me; turn of the toon that GAS is countering hasn't ended yet so GAS counters. WAI. Nobody cared before because no one took the time to understand what he should have been doing. CG fixed his counter mechanic because the Sith raid was freezing probably because he wasn't WAI before. It's funny to me that stuff like this blows up so much on forums.
  • TVF wrote: »

The issue of counter-attack when dropped to 0 protection I'm speaking of, not the regular counter-attack with protection. Don't know what to tell you haven't observed it, I've observed it quite a few times actually.
    TVF wrote: »

The issue of counter-attack when dropped to 0 protection I'm speaking of, not the regular counter-attack with protection. Don't know what to tell you haven't observed it, I've observed it quite a few times actually.

Yes, he is now countering when reaching 0 protection, but you claimed it was only happening occasionally, to which some have asked when you had witnessed him counter when he shouldn't? The only times he has not countered for me since the update is when he was hit with attacks that cannot be countered.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Yes, he is now countering when reaching 0 protection, but you claimed it was only happening occasionally, to which some have asked when you had witnessed him counter when he shouldn't? The only times he has not countered for me since the update is when he was hit with attacks that cannot be countered.

Yep, he's countering all the time now. Your characters look at him wrong and he counters. Even less than 7* GA$ are countering an excessive amount. But hey, more frustration purchasing for everyone!!!

As if he wasn't already stupidly broken OP, CG said, "hold our fancy hipster IPAs, we can make him even MORE broken OP!"
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Yep, he's countering all the time now. Your characters look at him wrong and he counters. Even less than 7* GA$ are countering an excessive amount. But hey, more frustration purchasing for everyone!!!

As if he wasn't already stupidly broken OP, CG said, "hold our fancy hipster IPAs, we can make him even MORE broken OP!"

But I thought Skywalker was useless? Thats what everyone was complaining about for months
  • This boils down to when skywalker reaches 0 protection should he take cover or do some counter attacking first kill some toons then take cover.

The answer is devs dont really have a wai in mind they just observing seeing how these new units all interact. As long as people spending that's good.

Truth is most likely they leave it like this for 6 months then fix it back to the way it was to make way for the next meta after enough people have invested in ga$
  • This boils down to when skywalker reaches 0 protection should he take cover or do some counter attacking first kill some toons then take cover.

The answer is devs dont really have a wai in mind they just observing seeing how these new units all interact. As long as people spending that's good.

Truth is most likely they leave it like this for 6 months then fix it back to the way it was to make way for the next meta after enough people have invested in ga$
    They are not able to think long-term. I belong to those players who have stopped spending real money completely, as long as things in the game are not going to change for the better. Spending a little here and there, like in the old days, wouldn't help me staying competitive anymore, anyway. And my motivation to support the game has gone because I don't feel like a respected customer that should just enjoy the game, instead have to worry about power creep, gear crunch and other issues, topped with bugs that don't get fixed in time to make it even harder.
    We had a nice time in my arena shard for a while, finally a nice and interesting kind of "balance" with Skywalkers, Dralak, Padme and a few g13 CLS teams. Now that is completely ruined again.

But I thought Skywalker was useless? Thats what everyone was complaining about for months

Since the last update my relic 4/5 DR Malak team suddenly can't get through a 6 star skywalker's protection in one rotation. Previously, I'd get him down in one rotation, then clear the clones and when he got back up pretty much take him down in 1-2 hits. Pretty substantial difference vs the same exact teams I've been facing for over a month now with my same arena team.

If they aren't calling that a bug, then they're just enjoying the thought of more frustration purchasing people will be doing to be sure they can unlock GA$ to have a chance.

I also think players who haven't even unlocked skywalker shouldn't be facing players in GAC that have him, let alone relic'd up. (5 total in my group and 4 are relic'd.) I was able to 2-team GA$ previous to this "update" and now can't.

GA$ - "Because we haven't quite made a billion in revenue yet, but we're gonna aim for 2 billion now!"
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Since the last update my relic 4/5 DR Malak team suddenly can't get through a 6 star skywalker's protection in one rotation. Previously, I'd get him down in one rotation, then clear the clones and when he got back up pretty much take him down in 1-2 hits. Pretty substantial difference vs the same exact teams I've been facing for over a month now with my same arena team.

If they aren't calling that a bug, then they're just enjoying the thought of more frustration purchasing people will be doing to be sure they can unlock GA$ to have a chance.

I also think players who haven't even unlocked skywalker shouldn't be facing players in GAC that have him, let alone relic'd up. (5 total in my group and 4 are relic'd.) I was able to 2-team GA$ previous to this "update" and now can't.

GA$ - "Because we haven't quite made a billion in revenue yet, but we're gonna aim for 2 billion now!"

The "bug" is that he counters once extra. Not that he has had a protection increase. The issue there might be you haven't worked on your team and other people have, it's called progression.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Yep, he's countering all the time now. Your characters look at him wrong and he counters.

The only difference is that he can now counter before going into cover. He always had 100% counter chance otherwise.
  • Whatelse73
    2137 posts Member
    edited February 2020

The bug is that he counters once extra. Not that he has had a protection increase. The issue there might be you haven't worked on your team and other people have, it's called progression.

A relic 5 DR, relic 5 Malak, Relic 4 [Removed - CM] and HK vs a 6 star GEAR 11 GA$ and my team is the problem? Especially when I've beaten that same time multiple times with no issue until that last update, but it's my fault? Really? Even my relic'd padme team is having similar issues that I've built up and worked on and improved.

That just shouldn't be a thing, relic 4/5 characters facing a 6* gear 11 character should be no contest. Suddenly it isn't, for the relic'd team...
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    Relic 4 F'n ****

I could see this causing some issues for you if someone calls it out at the start of battle, certainly.

Yeah, this change has nothing to do with how quickly your team gets through his protection. All thats happening is he is countering 1 extra time per topple than normal, which really shouldnt be game breaking. Besides, if you are losing to a 6* GAS you should probably look at the real issue: your opponents have improved their team while you have not.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited February 2020

The bug is that he counters once extra. Not that he has had a protection increase. The issue there might be you haven't worked on your team and other people have, it's called progression.

A relic 5 DR, relic 5 Malak, Relic 4 [Removed - CM] and HK vs a 6 star GEAR 11 GA$ and my team is the problem? Especially when I've beaten that same time multiple times with no issue until that last update, but it's my fault? Really? Even my relic'd padme team is having similar issues that I've built up and worked on and improved.

That just shouldn't be a thing, relic 4/5 characters facing a 6* gear 11 character should be no contest. Suddenly it isn't, for the relic'd team...

Anyone else on the team or is it a solo g11 gas ?
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Solo ga$ can be found in the cabin of the millennium falcon if you smell hard enough.

It not present in arenas tho
  • DJT1 wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    Maybe you can lobby hard for them to reword it...did you ask them to make this change prior to it happening this week @Lynora

Why would I ask them to reword it now that it's working as it should? Also, what difference does it make if I personally ask them to fix something? With how long stuff stays broken in this game, I just assume nothing will get fixed. Your attitude that people should only benefit from a bug fix if they personally reported it is absurd... you realize that, don't you?

I absolutely hate CG, I find them to be a horrible, greedy, predatory company... but I find it funny that the one time they actually do fix a legitimate bug, and it positively impacts a character, you people throw a fit. You guys must get whiplash by looking so hard for things to get outraged about.

Mate I still beat this horrible meta team regardless of the way it is now playing, more difficult with SE than it was but not much difference with GR...clearly you have maxed gas and have your panties in a knot that it doesn’t hold you top 10 all day. You didn’t think it was bugged previously, you just like that it suits your current team now and hence you’re beating the drum to leave it. Was never a problem before don’t see why it needed to change, GAS holds better than anything else on D right now...that’s plenty. I’m inherently reasonable in how I approach things, what’s absurd is I bothered to ask you if you were on the bandwagon before the bug appeared

It's more important to me that fixing the bug made him better on Geonosis. It didn't change my arena performance at all, because all but a few people in my arena's top 50 use him.

Only sub 7* when he's limited to G11. He's definitely meta when he can have relics. Hits for like 200k.
  • Anyone else concerned with the phrasing of the Dev update on this bug?

The subtext tells me that they will see how much it helps GAS stay at the top of Arena, and leave the bug in there if it helps the whales. :o
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Whales? Still?
  • Almost a week and they didn't fix the bug. Why took so long? Non Gas user is suffered enough for this. Several are burning 150 crystals to get to the top now. This thing affect crystal earning for non Gas user so much. Crystal compensation would be nice for non gas user. Thanks
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    They might not change this interaction. Don’t depend on this getting reverted but rather try your best to win against this change

There isn’t any crystal compensation needed over this
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    The post said they'd let us know in advance IF they decide to take action. So, no word means they're leaving it the way it is for now. And "for now" can mean this is how they like things and want to keep it that way. They never said they were fixing the bug.
  • Will be fixed once over 50% of players have a 7 star Ga$
  • TVF wrote: »
    Whales? Still?
    Yeah I don't get it... this was the most free to play friendly event character in years. There was enough time for people to have farmed all the prerequisite characters before his event happened the first time. I only missed him the first time around because I didn't start working on Shaak-ti immediately after she was put on the fleet table. If I had been doing one crystal refresh on her a day, I would have easily had her at 7 stars and ready to go, and all the other characters had been farmable for a loooong time, some since day 1. Even then, the whales couldn't get him to 7 stars immediately, and no amount of spending would have changed that.

People HAD to spend money to get the Revans and Malak the first time around, and that absolutely made them pay to win characters. All those marquee characters didn't become farmable with enough time for F2P people to get them ready for the event. General Skywalker was like them throwing us F2P people a bone. Yet here we are, people calling him "GA$" and acting like only the spenders have the character.

• I like the change, my 6* GAS can now climb vs relic 7 GAS teams which it couldn't before... however I am bothered by the fact that changes also happened to padme lead which makes her pants !!
This discussion has been closed.