New Bug? General Skywalker - after update gets an extra counter before entering Cover

Replies

• TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned with the phrasing of the Dev update on this bug?

The subtext tells me that they will see how much it helps GAS stay at the top of Arena, and leave the bug in there if it helps the whales. :o

The wording says ‘we fixed GS, for the Sith Raid, And he is acting differently in other areas too’.” we will look into it”.

Seems like one correction led to another. He should be finishing the turn and counter attacking before covering. That’s how the kit reads. Don’t be embarrassed iif you need help understanding the novella of skills and mechanics on most new chars. There are classes you can take.

Droids specifically b1 now can counterattack after the change to who's turn it is that CG recently made so its effecting more than just Gas...

I've even had anakin attack twice in one turn yesterday.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Not a bug now lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • To say the least, the official response on this bug is disappointing.

The new extra counters bug essentially makes any counter other than mirror significantly harder, and is more of a general push to increase the difficulty across all game content, to continue to push hard on the $pend incentive.

Great for the monthly numbers, horrible for the 99% of the player base, forcing them out of the top 20 for most arena shards unless significant concessions are made by the ones leaving GAS in.

CG's idea of kit balance is ludicrous at best. There is no such thing, just every increasing highs that make any prior investments invalid, and more incentive to keep $pending, when it's already far out of hand.

The subtext tells me that they will see how much it helps GAS stay at the top of Arena, and leave the bug in there if it helps the whales. :o

The wording says ‘we fixed GS, for the Sith Raid, And he is acting differently in other areas too’.” we will look into it”.

Seems like one correction led to another. He should be finishing the turn and counter attacking before covering. That’s how the kit reads. Don’t be embarrassed iif you need help understanding the novella of skills and mechanics on most new chars. There are classes you can take.

Why they "fixed" him is more likely to do with how easy Padme and CLS and even DR Malak teams could take him down than anything else.

The same thing happened with Traya, Malak, DR, JKR, etc etc. "Uh oh, that unit has a way to defeat our latest Meta, fix something!!!!"
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Why they "fixed" him is more likely to do with how easy Padme and CLS and even DR Malak teams could take him down than anything else.

The same thing happened with Traya, Malak, DR, JKR, etc etc. "Uh oh, that unit has a way to defeat our latest Meta, fix something!!!!"

This would be like those situations...if this wasn't 4 months after release and on the verge of releasing what will likely be the new meta teams next month.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

So you think this was intentional, and then they pretended it was unintended, then pretended to investigate it, before finally pretending to make a decision on it?

Ok.

This would be like those situations...if this wasn't 4 months after release and on the verge of releasing what will likely be the new meta teams next month.

U think GL is coming in March?
  • To say the least, the official response on this bug is disappointing.

The new extra counters bug essentially makes any counter other than mirror significantly harder, and is more of a general push to increase the difficulty across all game content, to continue to push hard on the $pend incentive.

Great for the monthly numbers, horrible for the 99% of the player base, forcing them out of the top 20 for most arena shards unless significant concessions are made by the ones leaving GAS in.

CG's idea of kit balance is ludicrous at best. There is no such thing, just every increasing highs that make any prior investments invalid, and more incentive to keep $pending, when it's already far out of hand.

If a couple extra counters are ruining your counter, it probably wasn't very good
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

That was the plan. Final requirements in March and event to launch at the end of the month.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Its confirmed to be planned to come in March

Yeah

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223017/state-of-the-galaxy-january-2020#latest
  • Booooooooooo CG for not fixing the bug you created while fixing another bug! I'm so disappointed.
  • These have to be the laziest, most clueless developers of any game I've ever played. One bad choice after another.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Guys I think Bobcat is just making a witty comment on Dev competence.
  • This is ****. We FINALLY get a diverse arena again, with everyone able to beat everyone, and then suddenly CG goes, "Nope, can't have that. That would be bad." and ruins it. I called it. They screwed it up, 'investigated it', then claimed it was on purpose. "No significant impact on the balance of this character" they can't have investigated very hard then. Or did they even bother? Just wait a few days, put out the generic "we're investigating further" message to make it seem they were going to do something before announcing what we knew all along; they weren't going to do ****.
  • This is ****. We FINALLY get a diverse arena again, with everyone able to beat everyone, and then suddenly CG goes, "Nope, can't have that. That would be bad." and ruins it. I called it. They screwed it up, 'investigated it', then claimed it was on purpose. "No significant impact on the balance of this character" they can't have investigated very hard then. Or did they even bother? Just wait a few days, put out the generic "we're investigating further" message to make it seem they were going to do something before announcing what we knew all along; they weren't going to do ****.

Maybe it is too early, but there have been no solid effects on the meta report from last week to today, thus no evidence of this ruining our more diverse meta. GAS is up 0-1% in the top 10, and is actually less popular than last week in the top 100.
  • I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's like they go out of their way to make the game worse.

• Also, it is just really dumb, to see GAS behave like Magnaguard now, and CG doesn't feel like fixing their mistake.

Your GAS gets an extra turn on death?

Um...what? #sarcarm I guess?
  • "We have no idea how to fix this bug, so we'll just leave it"
  • “No significant impact” between countering and not countering. I only have a slight issue with that, which is: what are you saying? It’s completely significant, an entire extra attack or even more than one, doing a large amount of damage.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    “No significant impact” between countering and not countering. I only have a slight issue with that, which is: what are you saying? It’s completely significant, an entire extra attack or even more than one, doing a large amount of damage.

Yea if gas countering damage like magnaguard it's not significant. He is like just need 2 hit on bsf and hk to blow them
    “No significant impact” between countering and not countering. I only have a slight issue with that, which is: what are you saying? It’s completely significant, an entire extra attack or even more than one, doing a large amount of damage.

They are probably seeing the same thing as the meta report: GAS is not being used more in the top squads than he was a week ago, thus no significant impact.
  • Maybe it is too early, but there have been no solid effects on the meta report from last week to today, thus no evidence of this ruining our more diverse meta. GAS is up 0-1% in the top 10, and is actually less popular than last week in the top 100.

I'm calling **** on that. Last week there were 4 Dralaks in the top 20, 2 in the top 10 of my arena. There was a Padme squad up there too. The top 10 of my arena is now exclusively GAS. And while we're on the subject of "GAS works perfectly now he lines up with his kit" ......if that's the case then why is it that in GAS v GAS counters, both GAS aren't countering 100% of the time? In fact even vs Dralaks he's not countering100% of the time. So if he's "fixed now" as people keep claiming why is the behavior inconsistent?
    Is there an asterisk in his kit that I'm missing now? Does he only counter 75% of the time? 80% of the time? Oh no, it says 100%. And it still doesn't work accurately. But don't worry everyone, you're just reading his kit wrong. Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Let's see a video where he doesn't counter. I've never seen it.
  • Maybe it is too early, but there have been no solid effects on the meta report from last week to today, thus no evidence of this ruining our more diverse meta. GAS is up 0-1% in the top 10, and is actually less popular than last week in the top 100.

I'm calling **** on that. Last week there were 4 Dralaks in the top 20, 2 in the top 10 of my arena. There was a Padme squad up there too. The top 10 of my arena is now exclusively GAS. And while we're on the subject of "GAS works perfectly now he lines up with his kit" ......if that's the case then why is it that in GAS v GAS counters, both GAS aren't countering 100% of the time? In fact even vs Dralaks he's not countering100% of the time. So if he's "fixed now" as people keep claiming why is the behavior inconsistent?
    Is there an asterisk in his kit that I'm missing now? Does he only counter 75% of the time? 80% of the time? Oh no, it says 100%. And it still doesn't work accurately. But don't worry everyone, you're just reading his kit wrong. Move along. Nothing to see here.

You do realize there is such a thing as attacks that cannot be countered, right? They say so in the kits.

Meta History report exists, and despite your anecdotal evidence, his percentage of top places is essentially unchanged. https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-history/1/7/

They are probably seeing the same thing as the meta report: GAS is not being used more in the top squads than he was a week ago, thus no significant impact.

That has nothing to do with the effectiveness of GAS, but rather reflects star and gear progress.
    Geshtianna wrote: »

That has nothing to do with the effectiveness of GAS, but rather reflects star and gear progress.

So no change in the number of GAS squads in the top of the meta report reflects advancing star and gear levels? If this were significantly altering his effectiveness, he would have gained relative representation in the meta report as less teams would be able to knock him out of the top spots.
    Geshtianna wrote: »

So no change in the number of GAS squads in the top of the meta report reflects advancing star and gear levels? If this were significantly altering his effectiveness, he would have gained relative representation in the meta report as less teams would be able to knock him out of the top spots.

Yes, since the effectiveness of GAS at 6 stars G11 and 7 stars G13 is massive, even more when approaching R7. The main reason for not using GAS is not having a 7-star, not because any single team is better than a 7-star GAS. Since the event is not happening, there are no new GAS, the only increase is from stars and gear.
This discussion has been closed.