New Bug? General Skywalker - after update gets an extra counter before entering Cover

Replies

  • Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.

  • Treeburner wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    Counter attacks happen during the attacking character's turn, and then abilities that happen "at the end of the turn" take place afterwards. Counter attacks are not bonus turns and they do not take place in some sort of ether between turns.

    When I noticed this the most was when I would use my Padme team against Darth Revan and Malak. If I used General Kenobi to give the team retribution, I would often end up with fear on my characters after Malak would attack one of them. He would attack, they would counter attack, crit, and then they would get fear. It was the reason I stopped using Kenobi's cleanse unless I absolutely had to because it was always bad news when Jedi Knight Anakin would get fear that way.

    Shaak-ti's unique, Heightened Reflexes, gives herself or a friendly Clone Trooper retribution at the end of the turn if they take damage. Fives has an 85% counter chance already. If Fives is attacked when he does not have retribution, he will most likely counter-attack, and then he will gain retribution.

    This is also why Magnaguard can counter attack before getting his bonus turn when he is about to die. You can also see how it works with Nightsister Zombie... attack something that will counter attack, and you'll see that the counter attack happens and then Zombie gains her taunt after it happens.

    Go try any of those scenarios and see for yourself.

    Skywalker should absolutely be getting his counter attacks immediately after losing protection, because he doesn't take cover until the end of the turn. If he wasn't getting counter attacks before this update, then that was when he was bugged and now he is fixed.

    Your reasoning is fine, i haven’t argued any points on turns and the like...GAS has operated as intended (per devs saying now not operating as intended) for months since release...so however ppl want to read it, it hasn’t been an issue until it stopped working as intended this week. If they have to reword for ppl to be happy I don’t care, but spare me the ‘he was bugged and now he isn’t’ rubbish

    You basically agree but don't like it hahahah

    I agree with the reasoning around turns, it’s a turn based game so a counter has to be inside a turn I think. It’s also a resource management based game, many players have invested many many resources into counters in the basis they work. Take the counter away by the ‘change’ mentioned in the post (caused by game update) and the resources are wasted to a degree...could have just pre cooked my clones so when my gas goes 7 star he is 100% ready to go. He was working as intended, until it changed. Even in the original event, if he was to counter before taking cover then you could probably halve the number of gas out there...he would break that droid team to pieces with counter before cover.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    ...GAS has operated as intended (per devs saying now not operating as intended) for months since release

    I don’t think the devs have said that.

    Crumb said they will investigate it. (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224222/general-skywalker-countering-before-entering-cover#latest)

    But It seems like something was corrected and since then G$ has changed and is now working as he should have all along. So all the complaining about the “Insanely High Event reqs” and subsequent “useless paperweight” seems moot.

    Yes I read the post, the change occurred as a result of a bug fix for him in STR...if you believe what they say, more likely they have changed it on purpose to appease the love children.
  • Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.

    Did you complain once it wasn’t working correctly before it changed?
  • HokieFiend
    199 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.
    Once he's at 0% prot he's shutdown. Sorry. Clear as day. Unless you want say Rebels to get counters in before they die.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Lol. I have a fully relic'ed GAS. People are trying anything they can to get over on people running teams that can counter GAS. I wouldn't expect anything less though. It's pretty clear how the mechanic should work. The change wasn't intended and it's clear cut that it shouldn't work the way it is now. Arguing over semantics of the way something is worded is ridiculous. They never get the descriptions 100% correct or easy to understand. He hits 0% and he should go down plain and simple. It's absolutely similar to a death mechanic.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Lol. I have a fully relic'ed GAS. People are trying anything they can to get over on people running teams that can counter GAS. I wouldn't expect anything less though. It's pretty clear how the mechanic should work. The change wasn't intended and it's clear cut that it shouldn't work the way it is now. Arguing over semantics of the way something is worded is ridiculous. They never get the descriptions 100% correct or easy to understand. He hits 0% and he should go down plain and simple. It's absolutely similar to a death mechanic.

    The important part is AT THE END OF EVERY TURN. He shouldn't go into cover until the end of the attacking unit's turn. Counter attacks happen before the attacking unit's turn is over. Right now it is working as written.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Lol. I have a fully relic'ed GAS. People are trying anything they can to get over on people running teams that can counter GAS. I wouldn't expect anything less though. It's pretty clear how the mechanic should work. The change wasn't intended and it's clear cut that it shouldn't work the way it is now. Arguing over semantics of the way something is worded is ridiculous. They never get the descriptions 100% correct or easy to understand. He hits 0% and he should go down plain and simple. It's absolutely similar to a death mechanic.

    The important part is AT THE END OF EVERY TURN. He shouldn't go into cover until the end of the attacking unit's turn. Counter attacks happen before the attacking unit's turn is over. Right now it is working as written.

    But not how it was working, which there was nothing wrong with and that no one complained about
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    LGeo? Really? Won’t make a huge difference there, biggest difference is PvP
  • TheRHOMBUS
    981 posts Member
    edited February 15
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    ...They never get the descriptions 100% correct or easy to understand. He hits 0% and he should go down plain and simple. It's absolutely similar to a death mechanic.

    So you agree you have trouble understanding CGs descriptions?

    It’s all semantics. There is no reason a char shouldn’t finish the turn with a counterattack, unless stunned or killed. The cover mechanic isn’t a debuff, and shouldn’t be treated like one.

    (Side note: GL Maul cover ‘mechanic’ will have him pace around tauntingly)
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Lol. I have a fully relic'ed GAS. People are trying anything they can to get over on people running teams that can counter GAS. I wouldn't expect anything less though. It's pretty clear how the mechanic should work. The change wasn't intended and it's clear cut that it shouldn't work the way it is now. Arguing over semantics of the way something is worded is ridiculous. They never get the descriptions 100% correct or easy to understand. He hits 0% and he should go down plain and simple. It's absolutely similar to a death mechanic.

    The important part is AT THE END OF EVERY TURN. He shouldn't go into cover until the end of the attacking unit's turn. Counter attacks happen before the attacking unit's turn is over. Right now it is working as written.

    Not if going into cover should be like a death mechanic or even a stun... which it should be. I think that's what they intended. They've botched it with another bug fix. They'll sort it out. Squabbling over something like this because people are mad they can get countered is ridiculous.

  • DJT1 wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.

    Did you complain once it wasn’t working correctly before it changed?

    Yes. After every LS Geo. I think we all complained. Most of the Skywalker talk was that he was underwhelming... and Not Worth it.

    And you think it should go back to that? After TB starts you might change your mind.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    ...They never get the descriptions 100% correct or easy to understand. He hits 0% and he should go down plain and simple. It's absolutely similar to a death mechanic.

    So you agree you have trouble understanding CGs descriptions?

    It’s all semantics. There is no reason a char shouldn’t finish the turn with a counterattack, unless stunned or killed. The cover mechanic isn’t a debuff, and shouldn’t be treated like one.

    (Side note: GL Maul cover ‘mechanic’ will have him pace around tauntingly)

    Lol. It's probably the ultimate "debuff".

  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    DJT1 wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.

    Did you complain once it wasn’t working correctly before it changed?

    Yes. After every LS Geo. I think we all complained. Most of the Skywalker talk was that he was underwhelming... and Not Worth it.

    And you think it should go back to that? After TB starts you might change your mind.

    The LS TB on Geo requires relic increases plain as day, it has clearly been designed to survive power creep...a change in mechanic like this (one hit extra to these crazy high hp/tenacity/everything seps) won’t change much imo. It is a PvP changer, imo - you can have your opinion no dramas, I just disagree mate
  • DJT1 wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.

    Did you complain once it wasn’t working correctly before it changed?

    Hahaha great question. Why is it all of a sudden an issue. You mean to tell me nobody noticed this for 4 months? I understand after reading his kit that it should have been this way but that still doesn't change the fact that it was released not working properly for 4 MONTHS.

    But you’d agree the view of the char has been underwhelming.

    Would you also agree the view is that LSGeos difficulty was tuned too high? Especially P1-2; Where we have R7 G$ and Ahsoka not being able to confidently achieve a 4/4 in their mission.

    I can’t wait for TB to Crush some Clankers with Counter Attacks. Only 21hrs.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Mods and relics aren't going to help if Padme's core functionality, which is converting protection up, their source of crit immunity, to courage, their source of damage to topple skywalker results in them getting countered and crit and 1 shot because General Skywalker can hit for over 200k on a crit.
    The way the counter works is that you are able to put him down, kill the clones and have protection up buffs protecting you from Skyguy's crits when he stands back up.
    To get countered with no immunity to crits kills the counter.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Mods and relics aren't going to help if Padme's core functionality, which is converting protection up, their source of crit immunity, to courage, their source of damage to topple skywalker results in them getting countered and crit and 1 shot because General Skywalker can hit for over 200k on a crit.
    The way the counter works is that you are able to put him down, kill the clones and have protection up buffs protecting you from Skyguy's crits when he stands back up.
    To get countered with no immunity to crits kills the counter.

    Padme doesn’t counter G$. I’m sorry, I guess that GR team will have to settle for 1 black mark.
  • TheRHOMBUS
    981 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Working as intended.

    my current arena shard.

    0evjszyr1q5q.jpeg
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.

    But It’s not death or anything even close to that. This is General Anakin Skywalker. He sits down and calms himself like a true Jedi Knight. If you happen to kill his friends he will stand up and still murder everyone. When he covers he allows you a chance. This shouldn’t ‘function like death’ at all. It’s insulting to the Chosen One to even think so.

    Listen. We get it, your Rebel’s Counter needs better mods and more relics. But if we can start dominating P1-2 of LGeo, so be it. This is the way.

    Mods and relics aren't going to help if Padme's core functionality, which is converting protection up, their source of crit immunity, to courage, their source of damage to topple skywalker results in them getting countered and crit and 1 shot because General Skywalker can hit for over 200k on a crit.
    The way the counter works is that you are able to put him down, kill the clones and have protection up buffs protecting you from Skyguy's crits when he stands back up.
    To get countered with no immunity to crits kills the counter.

    Padme doesn’t counter G$. I’m sorry, I guess that GR team will have to settle for 1 black mark.

    Let’s not get that twisted now. It just isn't a 100% rate now lol

    True.

    I meant, In reply to Malevolan; if this “fix” stopped Padme counters 100%, I’d still be okay with it. That GR team handles almost anything else.
  • It wasn't 100% before. But now it's just way harder, can only be done if the hit that puts GS down is something that gives protection up to sponge the counter.
    But this is a bug, it's not what they intended. They didn't intend for the team to be unbeatable.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It wasn't 100% before. But now it's just way harder, can only be done if the hit that puts GS down is something that gives protection up to sponge the counter.
    But this is a bug, it's not what they intended. They didn't intend for the team to be unbeatable.

    In my experience before update, I haven't lost a match against GAS in arena or GAC using Padme. 5th is GMY. Try using Padme 2nd special to stun him when possible. It seems to help after update.

    That's actually what got my padme 1 shot after he lost all his protection and would have normally gone into cover, was a kick from padme, instead of being stunned then going down he countered, and she had no protection up so she got 1 shot for 200k.
    There's other ways to lose, such as a fast echo that can get off a second grenade before you can kill him (which means instead of the fives ->rex ->echo kill order you have to go fives ->echo->rex and sometimes that leads to GK getting rexecuted if they're a fast team) then skyguy stands up and 1 shots the entire team, and it always gets to a rocky start when GS goes before anyone else after Rex raises their TM's and crits everyone so all their specials are on CD.
    Not guaranteed but it was a good 85-90% successful team, 100% successful if Echo went first after Rex and crit everyone.
    But with this bug it only works if 1 of 2 things happen.
    1. GK has protection up and taunt to eat the counter
    2. The last hit provides protection up.

    But if GK isn't taunting and you would put him into cover with Anakin's basic, say goodbye to Anakin.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Pretty clear cut. Once at 0% prot, he should go into cover without any counter attack. The people who have brought up that it should function like a death are correct.
    Except that's not how the ability is worded. He doesn't go into cover until the end of the turn, and counter attacks happen before the turn ends. So... you are wrong.
    Once he's at 0% prot he's shutdown. Sorry. Clear as day. Unless you want say Rebels to get counters in before they die.
    Once he's at 0% protection, he goes into cover at the end of the turn. Other things happen before the end of the turn... such as counter attacks. Going into cover is not the same as being defeated. You can say it should work differently all you want, but the FACT is that it now works exactly as the ability is written.
This discussion has been closed.