Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    U know im hearing alot of noise about the rewards and ofcourse there should be coz those feats were an insult. The fact that cg needs feedback for that shows how much they are testing the waters of what we're willing to accept which is so dirty. I'm still **** that this is suppossed to be "new content". THIS IS ASSAULT BATTLES!!. Are u going to tell me that no one at Capital Games said " Yeh so similar to assault Battles this is". Look CG Enough. And stop this crap of the player base will always complain. Look u ****, i run a business and if i throw a bone to my customers for somwthing they really ask for then i get applause for that. U guys the majority of the player base asks for something so u say no we'll do it our way which is crap.

Communication is a good thing. Don't ruin it for everyone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Is the 7 days over yet?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Is the 7 days over yet?

tomorrow
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

[*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

CG stop that now.

In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

To be honest, i dont expect an r5 to be deleted either

in some ways I think thats an unreasonable expectation. thats the reason games like this have different roles. an attacker should be able to deal massive amounts of damage to a non tanky character.... IMHO. not saying the current setup we see in the first seconds is right, just that I dont expect to have such a cut and dry "rule" like that in my mind.

I think it's unreasonable to have a feat that requires not losing a unit when there is a mechanicism that allows instant loss of a unit, especially when that mechanism is not clearly defined.

Having an opponent that can instant kill before I have any chance of taking a turn is in no way fun. Having fun in a game seems like a reasonable expectation.

all i was trying to say is that once a toon hits X and another toon is Y, they can no longer kill me as a straight rule, may not be reasonable, because attackers are generally "supposed to be" lighter defense and lower health, as the trade off for higher damage.

its also not an impossible feat, but as I said, its not great that one way to achieve this is to restart until the right toon (who will survive, say a tank) is targeted.

Again at the first move of the match... no its not unreasonable to expect the required r5 to not be deleted instantly.

I think you are twisting what im saying to be i never expect to lose. I do expect to have to be strategic to win.... i just will never expect an r5 or an r7 to be deleted on turn 1 of the match. Thats bad programming
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Do other companies put out “exhibition” modes like this? MSF, etc.

No. Other companies are actually competent.
    CG releases something.
    “We demand testing before things are released!”
    CG releases something calling it an exhibition so they can get feedback.
    “Why was this released before it was done?”

I swear. If you were given a yardstick you’d complain it was only three feet.
    Nauros wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Do other companies put out “exhibition” modes like this? MSF, etc.

do the communities of other games ask for open betas? (this one has, quite a few times)

But we didn't get an open beta. We got beta testing on a live, released product. Steam can switch between beta and stable version by a press of a button, why can't this game do it too?
    Because if there was a beta version nobody would give a kitten to try it out. I know I wouldn’t, and I LOVE beta testing.

This is a beta test where everyone is going to participate AND get rewards—admittedly kind of shoddy rewards, but that was one area of feedback that was collected.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    As to the length of the event—
    I still think 7 days is fine. If it’s going to be 2-3 days, then unless you’re going to do them twice a week, what’s the difference?

As I see it, the chief drawback of 7 days is that you spend a couple days with an event icon on the right hand of the screen. The chief benefit is that you get to play the event around your schedule. If you’re going to be busy on the weekend you have five days to chip away—if you’re busy during the week you have the weekend to get it done. If you work a job that doesn’t have a traditional M-F schedule you can do it whenever your days off are.

The chief benefit of a 2-3 day event is that you can run two in a week. But I don’t really expect us to have 8 of these a month... If we do, great. But if not, I don’t see the need for it to be so short.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

[*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

CG stop that now.

just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

in some ways I think thats an unreasonable expectation. thats the reason games like this have different roles. an attacker should be able to deal massive amounts of damage to a non tanky character.... IMHO. not saying the current setup we see in the first seconds is right, just that I dont expect to have such a cut and dry "rule" like that in my mind.

I think it's unreasonable to have a feat that requires not losing a unit when there is a mechanicism that allows instant loss of a unit, especially when that mechanism is not clearly defined.

Having an opponent that can instant kill before I have any chance of taking a turn is in no way fun. Having fun in a game seems like a reasonable expectation.

all i was trying to say is that once a toon hits X and another toon is Y, they can no longer kill me as a straight rule, may not be reasonable, because attackers are generally "supposed to be" lighter defense and lower health, as the trade off for higher damage.

its also not an impossible feat, but as I said, its not great that one way to achieve this is to restart until the right toon (who will survive, say a tank) is targeted.

Again at the first move of the match... no its not unreasonable to expect the required r5 to not be deleted instantly.

I think you are twisting what im saying to be i never expect to lose. I do expect to have to be strategic to win.... i just will never expect an r5 or an r7 to be deleted on turn 1 of the match. Thats bad programming

No what I am saying is that just because a toon with lower health that is not meant to take a lot of attacks because they are designed to do damage, meaning they are an attacker, may get taken out in 1 shot regardless of gear level or turn, if they are not protected by a tank. That is a common tactic in games like this.

It ignoring taunts, so you cant protect them is the part that breaks the "common situation", not the coding or anything else.

Yes even an r5 or r7 toon that is not a tank can be attacked and taken out in 1 turn, there are a lot of factors involved, but yes that can happen, yes it should be that way. What we should be able to do is use strategy (i.e. - bring in a tank to protect your team)

We can agree to disagree.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

[/list]

CG stop that now.

No what I am saying is that just because a toon with lower health that is not meant to take a lot of attacks because they are designed to do damage, meaning they are an attacker, may get taken out in 1 shot regardless of gear level or turn, if they are not protected by a tank. That is a common tactic in games like this.

It ignoring taunts, so you cant protect them is the part that breaks the "common situation", not the coding or anything else.

Yes even an r5 or r7 toon that is not a tank can be attacked and taken out in 1 turn, there are a lot of factors involved, but yes that can happen, yes it should be that way. What we should be able to do is use strategy (i.e. - bring in a tank to protect your team)

We will have to, as this mode highlights that the one strategy you have doesnt work.

Not fun and shouldnt happen.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG communicated! It’s refreshing to see them respond to the backlash and I hope it means that they will really take onboard the feedback given. One concern, sim tickets were the reward you saw fit to call out? Not the mk1 stun gun for the last tier?

I picked the worst one but that Stun Gun was down there on the list. You can at least salvage the Stun Gun but the SIM tickets... what are you going to do with it other than throw it into the pile?

I did a double take when i saw this post. Welcome back to the internet lol.

Thank you for responding. My hope is you guys will make changes for tomorrows start
  • Options
    Feedback after 1 week of the event:

(a) 1 week is too long. Agree 2-3 days would be optimal.

(b) love the ability to replay the event over and over with different teams - gives a chance to practice teams/toons.

(c) jump in difficulty between tier 4 and 5 is a bit steep. Teams that auto 4 struggle with intelligent control on 5. Jump between 5 and 6 is nuts. Teams that auto 5 can't beat 6 at all.

(d) love the provision of benefits for certain squads (e.g. sith in this case). Very much dislike the relic-level (or gear level) based rewards. Make it easier for one faction and harder for others to accomplish the feat, but make the feat about an accomplishment, not about using (and particularly gearing) a faction. i.e. I could live with "complete this tier with a sith team" as a feat ... otherwise, the event becomes "do you have a GL? yes ... then press "auto". I don't like it, i feel it is part of a poorly designed power curve in the broader game, but I could live with it. But gating rewards behind gear levels in particular is against the spirit of the game (i.e. instead of "see how much you can acocmplish with how little, it is just another reward for relicing characters).
  • KP_HAAE
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I like having a chance to keep trying new squads and having a place to do that with increasing challenge levels. It lets me gauge where my squads are (at least some aspects of them) in strength.

But the jump from tier 4 to tier 5 is too large. In tier 4 my Mon Mothma team can win with barely a scratch. In tier 5 I might get 3 or 4 attacks before everyone is defeated. Add a tier between them and make it 8 tiers total, perhaps? Or just adjust the difficulties a bit to make the increments more even.
  • Options
    Hey @CG_SBCrumb that feedback post is awesome. Good job. I was very disappointed at first, and just seeing that made me feel enormously better about GCs. Thank you! For real, thank you!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

[/list]

CG stop that now.

We will have to, as this mode highlights that the one strategy you have doesnt work.

Not fun and shouldnt happen.

Foresight also works too.

And you can beat it by restarting until you get a good target, and this only matters for the 1 feat. Again, not ideal that restarting is a strategy.
  • Options
    Oh well. The next one is Bounty Hunters.

Lots of different possible combinations but I would say not many people have 5 reliced up
  • Options
    CG communicated! It’s refreshing to see them respond to the backlash and I hope it means that they will really take onboard the feedback given. One concern, sim tickets were the reward you saw fit to call out? Not the mk1 stun gun for the last tier?

I picked the worst one but that Stun Gun was down there on the list. You can at least salvage the Stun Gun but the SIM tickets... what are you going to do with it other than throw it into the pile?

@CG_SBCrumb you say the new tool allows devs to respond to feedback faster that is great!!!

Can you elaborate on how this tool reduces the time it takes for devs to make their response to feedback?

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this one... Your response to feedback was a post on the forum 6 days after launch. Decent, some would say even fast. But really all u did was just made a forum post responding to feedback given in this forum post...right? I'm still struggling to see how a in game development tool allowed you to make your forum post in less time than it would have taken before the tool existed...

That's why I'm asking for any clarification on what you said about the tool allowing you to respond to feedback faster.

I look forward to your response, after all, you have the new tool now so please don't let me down! Please tell us how the tool reduces the time it takes to respond to feedback!!!!

Thank you and welcome back to the forums!
  • Options
    They have emphasized daily content, this shouldn't be 2-3 days. At maximum it should be 36 hours. Please tell me if you disagree.
  • Options
    Disagree, two days seems the best option, for people that can't spend too much time on the game. For example, time spent on a day that i need to attack on ga, i barely have time to look at events, and had to lose some because of their length(the bh vs rebels event for example).
  • Options
    COMPLETELY disagree.

We already have a name for 1-day Galactic Challenges. They're called "events". They can make more events if they want, I'm not stopping them, but as you've said...
    They have emphasized daily content

There are a ton of people who would like to be able to play more on the weekend (or whatever is their best time of the week) but don't need another do-or-die chore with a 24-hour deadline. Galactic Challenges was from the start designed to be multiday so that you can pick the day that works best for you.

They only reason to shorten the time frame to a single day is if you expect that means they'll suddenly design 7x the number of GalChallenges and give you 7x the rewards.

That's not going to happen. They're going to choose the total reward level based on player feedback and game balance. And they're going to do that having done the math on Per Challenge x Challenges per (Time Period) x (Time periods per year).

If they become daily, they'll slice the rewards by 7. And we won't have any freedom to play more when we want without being compelled to get a few minutes of gaming in when our kid wants a bedtime story.

No, we have events. We have lots and lots of 24-hour deadline things to do. This finally gives players options to schedule their play for when they can enjoy it. Revel in it, and don't delude yourself that they're suddenly going to have the programmer time to develop 7x as many challenges just because they gave you less time to complete each one.

Use your heads, people.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

CG_SBCrumb you say the new tool allows devs to respond to feedback faster that is great!!!

Can you elaborate on how this tool reduces the time it takes for devs to make their response to feedback?

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this one... Your response to feedback was a post on the forum 6 days after launch. Decent, some would say even fast. But really all u did was just made a forum post responding to feedback given in this forum post...right? I'm still struggling to see how a in game development tool allowed you to make your forum post in less time than it would have taken before the tool existed...

That's why I'm asking for any clarification on what you said about the tool allowing you to respond to feedback faster.

I look forward to your response, after all, you have the new tool now so please don't let me down! Please tell us how the tool reduces the time it takes to respond to feedback!!!!

He is not talking about the tool helping him respond to posts faster on the Forum. He is saying it will allow them to make changes in the game faster in response to feedback.
  • Options

CG_SBCrumb you say the new tool allows devs to respond to feedback faster that is great!!!

He is not talking about the tool helping him respond to posts faster on the Forum. He is saying it will allow them to make changes in the game faster in response to feedback.

Ahh that makes more sense. In his response to our feedback he said
    "one of the most beneficial parts of using our new tools is that it enables us to respond to your feedback faster" so I thought he was referring to his response coming faster. The thread is even titled response to feedback I think.

If he would have stated "it enables us to respond to your feedback making in game changes faster" it would have been more clear.

Anyways whatever allowed him to respond to us and make that forum post was great. I'm glad he is active again. We need more communication like that so all hope isn't lost. People are quitting because they are let down after such a long build up and there hasn't been much communication. Really good to see him engaged and posting on forum.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb thanks for the update. Keep doing stuff like that.
  • Options
    Here is the deal. They have the month scheduled. They are not making any changes (reading between the lines) until all scheduled events are over.
    Gathering more data = kicking the can down the road. They have all the data they need. Game mode, boring. Rewards are a joke. Requirements for the few decent rewards are way op. More of thr same coming up tomorrow. Enjoy.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ok... I'm going to make a response.

The good:
    • I think the fact you are giving something "new" to do, is good.
    • I think the fact you are adding stuff to the game, is good.
    • Trying to create new boosts / debuffs and strategy, is good.

The not so good
    • It's nothing new, no new mechanics, no new way of playing.
    • The rewards aren't great for the investment required for the bonuses.
    • A new raid would have been more interesting I think, but not if based on the standard game mechanics

What I'd personally like to see:
    • A new raid
    • New game mechanics, i.e. FPV, or an arcade mode (i.e. death star trench run), a new way of playing the game
    • Something more immersive, maybe a story mode?
    • A way of exploiting the rubbish characters we've been forced to relic
    • Some GET currency or something a little different

I'm normally very anti this game, but you have an opportunity here to really revive the game for a lot of people - please take this opportunity to do so.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Minor Bug Report!

The Feats do not count a team of 4 including ARC trooper as undersized. I guess it counts the turret as a toon too.
  • Options
    Did they make any changes?
    Boring, poor rewards, done in ten minutes.
    They make an announcement then give us more of the same.