Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

  • Kyno
    27516 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Do other companies put out “exhibition” modes like this? MSF, etc.

    No. Other companies are actually competent.
  • ShaggyB
    1873 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

    Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

    To be honest, i dont expect an r5 to be deleted either
  • Nauros
    3823 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Do other companies put out “exhibition” modes like this? MSF, etc.

    do the communities of other games ask for open betas? (this one has, quite a few times)

    But we didn't get an open beta. We got beta testing on a live, released product. Steam can switch between beta and stable version by a press of a button, why can't this game do it too?
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • ShaggyB
    1873 posts Member
    Also that made me play it again on 1x just to watch it ignore sith empire trooper taunt to wipe out palpatine who is r7 with one shot.

    Super lame design
  • Kyno
    27516 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

    Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

    To be honest, i dont expect an r5 to be deleted either

    in some ways I think thats an unreasonable expectation. thats the reason games like this have different roles. an attacker should be able to deal massive amounts of damage to a non tanky character.... IMHO. not saying the current setup we see in the first seconds is right, just that I dont expect to have such a cut and dry "rule" like that in my mind.
  • Kyno
    27516 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    Do other companies put out “exhibition” modes like this? MSF, etc.

    do the communities of other games ask for open betas? (this one has, quite a few times)

    But we didn't get an open beta. We got beta testing on a live, released product. Steam can switch between beta and stable version by a press of a button, why can't this game do it too?

    what they are calling an exhibition is the equivalent to an open beta. its intentionally unfinished in a way to allow players to see and play it and provide feedback at a time in the process where things can be more easily changed.

    Steam has a lot of very tight controls on what they put out there, you would have to ask Google why this is not an option as it would have to be done on a similar level from them, not really the dev team per say.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

    Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

    To be honest, i dont expect an r5 to be deleted either

    in some ways I think thats an unreasonable expectation. thats the reason games like this have different roles. an attacker should be able to deal massive amounts of damage to a non tanky character.... IMHO. not saying the current setup we see in the first seconds is right, just that I dont expect to have such a cut and dry "rule" like that in my mind.

    I think it's unreasonable to have a feat that requires not losing a unit when there is a mechanicism that allows instant loss of a unit, especially when that mechanism is not clearly defined.

    Having an opponent that can instant kill before I have any chance of taking a turn is in no way fun. Having fun in a game seems like a reasonable expectation.
  • Kyno
    27516 posts Moderator
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

    Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

    To be honest, i dont expect an r5 to be deleted either

    in some ways I think thats an unreasonable expectation. thats the reason games like this have different roles. an attacker should be able to deal massive amounts of damage to a non tanky character.... IMHO. not saying the current setup we see in the first seconds is right, just that I dont expect to have such a cut and dry "rule" like that in my mind.

    I think it's unreasonable to have a feat that requires not losing a unit when there is a mechanicism that allows instant loss of a unit, especially when that mechanism is not clearly defined.

    Having an opponent that can instant kill before I have any chance of taking a turn is in no way fun. Having fun in a game seems like a reasonable expectation.

    all i was trying to say is that once a toon hits X and another toon is Y, they can no longer kill me as a straight rule, may not be reasonable, because attackers are generally "supposed to be" lighter defense and lower health, as the trade off for higher damage.

    its also not an impossible feat, but as I said, its not great that one way to achieve this is to restart until the right toon (who will survive, say a tank) is targeted.
  • Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

    Ignores taunt is obly ab issue due to the delete of r7 characters. And thats my point: if my requirement is a r5 character, taunting tank or not, i dont expect a r7 to be deleted with one shot.

    To be honest, i dont expect an r5 to be deleted either

    in some ways I think thats an unreasonable expectation. thats the reason games like this have different roles. an attacker should be able to deal massive amounts of damage to a non tanky character.... IMHO. not saying the current setup we see in the first seconds is right, just that I dont expect to have such a cut and dry "rule" like that in my mind.

    I think it's unreasonable to have a feat that requires not losing a unit when there is a mechanicism that allows instant loss of a unit, especially when that mechanism is not clearly defined.

    Having an opponent that can instant kill before I have any chance of taking a turn is in no way fun. Having fun in a game seems like a reasonable expectation.

    It's annoying but using a DR lead with Bastila Fallen and Malak there are 3 characters that can take that initial shot (foresight or sheer HP) and still complete the feat... I'm sure there are others...
  • Where can I find the abilities for the sniper droid?
  • Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Where can I find the abilities for the sniper droid?

    I don't know if the event unit has the same abilities as the GeoTB one, but it's on the details tab under enemies...

    xmqohxjwbxci.png
  • Kyno
    27516 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Where can I find the abilities for the sniper droid?

    I don't know if the event unit has the same abilities as the GeoTB one, but it's on the details tab under enemies...

    xmqohxjwbxci.png

    Yes they are the same, AFAIK
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Where can I find the abilities for the sniper droid?

    I don't know if the event unit has the same abilities as the GeoTB one, but it's on the details tab under enemies...

    xmqohxjwbxci.png

    Thanks
  • Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Where can I find the abilities for the sniper droid?

    I don't know if the event unit has the same abilities as the GeoTB one, but it's on the details tab under enemies...

    xmqohxjwbxci.png

    Thanks

    Weird that you have to go to another part of the game to look up the abilities of the unit in this part of the game. Why not just add a tab with unit abilities. It’s not complicated stuff. I add tabs in programs all day long.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Csharpmao wrote: »

    [*] Find another way to make fights challenging than insta-kills and preloaded TM
    [/list]

    This needs to be feedback on every event in this game.

    Insta kill and preloaded TM are by far the lamest way to create challenge. Its not challenge at all its making the other team have an advantage the player can never overcome except by gearing to survive or playing down a character.

    CG stop that now.

    In fact when you finish changes here, go fix that in assault battles.

    just one clarification, not that it is a huge difference but we should keep in mind that sniper droid gets a bonus turn not preloaded TM.

    so we can't overcome it, but we can..... gearing tanks or other characters to survive, is a strategy. I will agree that having to restart a few times because he can ignore taunt kind of breaks the point of a pretaunting tank (which is strategy too), is not great game play and thats the part that could be changed.

    not that it makes a huge difference but which ability gives him a bonus turn?
    or is the translation of the modifier soooo off?
  • oh and you can click on the skills in the fight to read
    its actually different than the ones from tb
    for example just need 5 stacks instead fo 15 to oneshot anything
  • Iy4oy4s
    2088 posts Member
    CG communicated! It’s refreshing to see them respond to the backlash and I hope it means that they will really take onboard the feedback given. One concern, sim tickets were the reward you saw fit to call out? Not the mk1 stun gun for the last tier?
  • I really appreciated the post. I wonder what effect some of those comments would have had if they had come out at event launch?
    I’m okay with where my head is through all of this, but too many reacted right away unfortunately. I will miss them.
  • Making fun of the sim ticket rewards yet implemented them in the first place
    Stonks
  • Jppc
    361 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG communicated! It’s refreshing to see them respond to the backlash and I hope it means that they will really take onboard the feedback given. One concern, sim tickets were the reward you saw fit to call out? Not the mk1 stun gun for the last tier?

    I picked the worst one but that Stun Gun was down there on the list. You can at least salvage the Stun Gun but the SIM tickets... what are you going to do with it other than throw it into the pile?

    Very good post about the feedback!!! Really!!!
    Feels so good to be listen! I think you are right about the duration, 2-3 days will be enough! I’m also excited about the new feats and modifiers, but would be nice if we could on/off the modifiers (if it is off we couldn’t get the rewards or something like that). The rewards I’ll wait and see what changes will be but I think it’s good that there will be changes.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2088 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG communicated! It’s refreshing to see them respond to the backlash and I hope it means that they will really take onboard the feedback given. One concern, sim tickets were the reward you saw fit to call out? Not the mk1 stun gun for the last tier?

    I picked the worst one but that Stun Gun was down there on the list. You can at least salvage the Stun Gun but the SIM tickets... what are you going to do with it other than throw it into the pile?

    Ok, I’ll give you that one. It’s nice to see you in a post that wasn’t started by CG! More of this please.

    2 days seems to be the sweet spot. Gives enough time for players to complete while not being too long before the next one starts.
  • How do you guys pick what is going to be offered in the event rewards? Does anyone look at what players need most or is it some random thing. Myself I would put every effort into your new game mode and look forward to seeing it pop up in the event calendar if I knew that at the end of it all there would be some real kick butt rewards. I can understand you gotta make money and all that but just once it would be nice to have a real payday. It might help to boost morale and get some positive feedback for your game.
  • TL;DR: I was pleased to see Crumb's latest post that they're looking at feedback and I'm hoping they'll have an explicit survey at the end of the event.

    CG buffing rewards seems a lot more friendly to me compared to nerfing them later on (like what happened with Grand Arena). I'm looking forward to the shorter durations but not too short and I'm hoping that they line them up with GAC to support our streamers. If the Galactic Challenges appeared on GAC off days we would be able to watch our favorite streamers more consistently. The off week for GAC would give an opportunity for something bigger, perhaps a progressively revealed Galactic Challenge event. Again, something to keep the streamers busy.

    Finally Galactic Challenges are just the start, they do have the opportunity to connect multiple events together just like Grand Arena became GAC. For instance, completing all of the challenges (not the feats) for the week long progressively revealed Galactic Challenge event could yield a larger reward (just like we get bigger rewards for completing 4 Grand Arenas in GAC).

    There's still a lot of untapped opportunity here and I can't wait to see where this goes.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Making fun of the sim ticket rewards yet implemented them in the first place
    Stonks

    They weren't always useless in the larger in-game economy. There was a time many moons ago as a noob that I would spend crystals on sim tickets. The need for them was very high and they weren't as readily available as they are today.
  • Great post @CG_SBCrumb. Honestly, I think that's all the community wants on a regular basis is that kind of feedback and information. It goes a long way, and it was much appreciated. Looking forward to where you all take these events. They have tons of potential to add enjoyment to the game.
  • TVF
    26831 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Making fun of the sim ticket rewards yet implemented them in the first place
    Stonks

    They weren't always useless in the larger in-game economy. There was a time many moons ago as a noob that I would spend crystals on sim tickets. The need for them was very high and they weren't as readily available as they are today.

    As someone who started an alt not too long ago, they were a gate on progress until I unlocked ships (level 60 I think).
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    27516 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    Making fun of the sim ticket rewards yet implemented them in the first place
    Stonks

    They weren't always useless in the larger in-game economy. There was a time many moons ago as a noob that I would spend crystals on sim tickets. The need for them was very high and they weren't as readily available as they are today.

    As someone who started an alt not too long ago, they were a gate on progress until I unlocked ships (level 60 I think).

    Yep.
Sign In or Register to comment.