Which one is stronger Luke or Palp?

Replies

• Options
    I think at the beginning JML will be stronger. But then they buff SEE reducing him to the trash...
  • Options
    Palpatine’s ability has a cooldown of 20
  • Options
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Wonder How SLK’s Siphon mastery will work with EEP’s mastery buffs... seems like SLK will Siphon ALOT of mastery by % each time and will grow his even faster...
    Guess we’ll see though...

Scratch that, I totally misread your post.

You were talking about how much SLKR will be able to Siphon when facing a SEEP team right?

Then the same applies for JML, he gives 100% Mastery when he gets into his ultimate

GLs are immune to being siphoned; JML's mastery won't decrease, but SLKR's mastery will still increase at the same rate as it usually would. It's not a case of he effectively steals mastery; it works by increasing his mastery based on his siphon and the target loses mastery based on his siphon - the target's mastery doesn't matter.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • Options
    As for my opinion on this matter:

I see SEE as being quite largely superior as a unit. He flat out counters JML teams thanks to all the anti-jedi synergy in his kit. The protection drain in his link will obviously work better vs GL Rey/JML comps than it will against SLKR - this is just because SLKR lineups usually run KRU and sometimes Malak (reduced damage from % effects). I don't see SEE having any trouble beating current GL lineups.

JML may be able to nuke SEE before he gets running if you have a fast enough team that hits hard enough. A full Jedi team seems to be pretty much a must, and he should hit his ultimate FAST. The taunt ignore that he spreads with Jedi Legacy will really help vs SLKR teams as they rely on strong tanks to protect SiT/Hux/SLKR long enough for him to ramp up his damage. The mastery bonus he provides with Jedi Legacy is not as powerful as many seem to think...100% is still significantly lower improvement than Master's Training from Hoda. I don't se JML having trouble beating GL Rey or SLKR...he may struggle with SEE if he can't ramp damage.

I'd vote a preliminary tier list as:

1) SLKR - most viability in all game modes, doesn't break other team comps, solo HSTR
    2) SEE - seems the most powerful in terms of raw damage output and seems fun to play
    3) JML - strong kit, but pulls too many teams apart for continued viability in GAC/TW. Limited raid potential.
    4) Rey - strong kit. Useful in LS Geo TB, but full resistance squads not optimal.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • Options
    Remember it’s the weaker GL that gets the buffs! So keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    when you look at all 4 kits, I get it that one or the other may seem like it can't beat one or another, but this almost seem like we may have the basis for a rock-paper-scissor-spock meta here.

only time will tell

Did you really need to bring up rock-paper-scissor when talking about GL's?
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Remember it’s the weaker GL that gets the buffs! So keep that in mind.

In that case....

b50r3p3mtsgi.jpeg
  • Options
    The BEST GL will be the one which takes the most banners away from you in defeating it. Right now if you have GL REY or GL SLK, wiping away a REY team usually takes more banners away from you then taking out a SLK

If the new PALP ability means you loose your entire team accept your GL, then that's stripping away your precious banners. Luke MAYBE on paper a WALL, but if you can take down the wall brick by brick within 5 mins and still achieve high banners then that's going to be better then walking away from a PALP fight with all your toons dead apart from your GL. Ultimately this will be a rock paper scissors META as CG have said as much. But we don't yet know what players might be able to fashion once they have had a chance to play. Some of the current meta teams were not discovered until a few months after the previous GL's were made available. It may well be that the META has nothing to-do with the GL's and all to-do with the NEW 6 DOT mods and who dares to spend the most on that!

I can imagine CG are delighting in bleeding you all dry in unlock these GL's, only to be met by a fresh set of checkouts waiting for your 6 DOT MOD transactions.

• Options
    Eweff wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    Also can’t figure out why SEE’s kit targets rebels.

May well be a hint at the next set of GL’s in 6-8 months. Rebel Leader Leia and Bounty Hunter Jabba.

Maybe we’ll get some content between now and then to use our GLs in

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man your killing me with those jokes.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    The BEST GL will be the one which takes the most banners away from you in defeating it. Right now if you have GL REY or GL SLK, wiping away a REY team usually takes more banners away from you then taking out a SLK

If the new PALP ability means you loose your entire team accept your GL, then that's stripping away your precious banners. Luke MAYBE on paper a WALL, but if you can take down the wall brick by brick within 5 mins and still achieve high banners then that's going to be better then walking away from a PALP fight with all your toons dead apart from your GL. Ultimately this will be a rock paper scissors META as CG have said as much. But we don't yet know what players might be able to fashion once they have had a chance to play. Some of the current meta teams were not discovered until a few months after the previous GL's were made available. It may well be that the META has nothing to-do with the GL's and all to-do with the NEW 6 DOT mods and who dares to spend the most on that!

I can imagine CG are delighting in bleeding you all dry in unlock these GL's, only to be met by a fresh set of checkouts waiting for your 6 DOT MOD transactions.

Well I know at least one person that wishes they were getting a new GL but won't be....

Also capitalizing random words doesn't make your argument stronger.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Baby Yoda will kill them all.
  • Options

Need a stronger argument? The thing to do is grab your imaginary watermelon:

vtstv.jpg

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dalosto147 wrote: »

I keep getting told they wont bring him in directly as a character...... something about not shooting at babies.... :smirk:
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options

I keep getting told they wont bring him in directly as a character...... something about not shooting at babies.... :smirk:

Isn't The Child around 50? Funny how we can kill Ashoka, Ezra and others in this game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Both of the new GLs cannibalize meta teams to be optimal so the original GLs seem better to me since FO isn't a great team without GL Kylo and Rey can use any decent light side characters and be good. SEE seems more difficult to field a team because he is likely going to gut the Traya trio or DR. There are more Jedi than Sith even if half of them are sub-optimal.

Jolee isn't going to be very good against other GLs since they all prevent revives.
  • Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    Both of the new GLs cannibalize meta teams to be optimal so the original GLs seem better to me since FO isn't a great team without GL Kylo and Rey can use any decent light side characters and be good. SEE seems more difficult to field a team because he is likely going to gut the Traya trio or DR. There are more Jedi than Sith even if half of them are sub-optimal.

Jolee isn't going to be very good against other GLs since they all prevent revives.

It just depends on how you look at it. If you run with trio with papa palps and another tank, you can say he's gutting the team. Or I can say he's supercharging the team.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Straegen wrote: »

Or do they.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Well I know at least one person that wishes they were getting a new GL but won't be....

Why NOT?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

So a summon is still fair game. Probably untargetable like the turret.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think it matters who's "stronger" based on the kits - or even shortly after release. Everyone thought Rey was stronger after both. Then CG buffed SLKR repeatedly, until he was the best character in the history of the game and could solo the hardest content yet.

Proceed with caution....and be prepared to be frustrated, no matter which one you pick.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think it matters who's "stronger" based on the kits - or even shortly after release. Everyone thought Rey was stronger after both. Then CG buffed SLKR repeatedly, until he was the best character in the history of the game and could solo the hardest content yet.

Proceed with caution....and be prepared to be frustrated, no matter which one you pick.

jA2kQwE.gif
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't think it matters who's "stronger" based on the kits

What really matters is who's stronger in an octogon, no force powers.

I vote Luke. Palpatine may be scrappy, but Luke will crane kicked him to the ground.

• Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think it matters who's "stronger" based on the kits

What really matters is who's stronger in an octogon, no force powers.

I vote Luke. Palpatine may be scrappy, but Luke will crane kicked him to the ground.

pfft in that case, I'd vote Rey. Luke and Palp are old as the hills and Rey has wider shoulders and more muscular features than Kylo.
  • Options
    SLKR didnt get any buff. It was some bug fix against the cheese team
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Lol, you wish
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah crit immunity and speed aren't buffs
  • Options
    Juldi wrote: »
    Yeah crit immunity and speed aren't buffs

Lol
  • Options

How is +30 speed to all dark side allies and crit immunity when you have advantage not a buff?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Wow. Fact-averse aren't we?