Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Jarioch69 wrote: »
    100% Agree, all raids existing are Pre-GL and Pre-Relics!! Tank needs full Sim like Pit and/or New Tiers relative to Updated Toon capabilities. Also could bring New Raid and maybe a Fleet Raid. Raids have become stale, stale, stale....

I did ask them about Raids a year ago,
    Q: Whatever happened to Arcade / Mythic Raids? The whole scoring system was a neat idea and interesting take but its been a year since all that stuff was datamined to be a work in progress.?

A: CG_Vyeking - The foundation laid for Arcade/Mythic raids last year will serve as the bones for our upcoming content system. Our goal for this feature is to provide you with more solo and guild content more quickly, and for all players. Pre-production for this feature has just started and you can expect to see something later in 2020.
    unless Vyeking was talking about Galactic Challenges, we still have two months left in 2020, so I'm hopeful the next Road Ahead is about this, or Guild vs Guild GAC they mentioned or something else related to this

This made me chuckle of another goal not met. I hope I am wrong, but let's be real about their track record.
    How do we know they didn't meet their goal?

Fair. We have 2 holiday filled months left of the year, Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
    Even if they don't deliver more new PvE or PvP content for the rest of the year, Vyeking's comments won't be wrong because of GC, GL events, JKL event

Well Vyeking also said this, so I don’t know that I’d count GL or JKL events as content.

Q: Could you please define what you consider “new content?” I believe that there is a significant disconnect between what CG thinks of as “new content,” and what a large part of the playerbase does.
    A: CG_Vyeking - While we broadly term characters, ships, and their corresponding events as content, this is not the 'new' content that I referred to in previous Q&A's. Nor would I consider the addition of the Challenge Tiers in Assault Battles the form of 'new' content I think meets the needs of our players. When I say 'new' content I mean wholly-new and fresh experiences served up to our players at regular intervals.
  • Options
    100% Agree, all raids existing are Pre-GL and Pre-Relics!! Tank needs full Sim like Pit and/or New Tiers relative to Updated Toon capabilities. Also could bring New Raid and maybe a Fleet Raid. Raids have become stale, stale, stale....

Q: Whatever happened to Arcade / Mythic Raids? The whole scoring system was a neat idea and interesting take but its been a year since all that stuff was datamined to be a work in progress.?

A: CG_Vyeking - The foundation laid for Arcade/Mythic raids last year will serve as the bones for our upcoming content system. Our goal for this feature is to provide you with more solo and guild content more quickly, and for all players. Pre-production for this feature has just started and you can expect to see something later in 2020.
    unless Vyeking was talking about Galactic Challenges, we still have two months left in 2020, so I'm hopeful the next Road Ahead is about this, or Guild vs Guild GAC they mentioned or something else related to this

This made me chuckle of another goal not met. I hope I am wrong, but let's be real about their track record.
    How do we know they didn't meet their goal?

Fair. We have 2 holiday filled months left of the year, Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
    Even if they don't deliver more new PvE or PvP content for the rest of the year, Vyeking's comments won't be wrong because of GC, GL events, JKL event

Well Vyeking also said this, so I don’t know that I’d count GL or JKL events as content.

Q: Could you please define what you consider “new content?” I believe that there is a significant disconnect between what CG thinks of as “new content,” and what a large part of the playerbase does.
    A: CG_Vyeking - While we broadly term characters, ships, and their corresponding events as content, this is not the 'new' content that I referred to in previous Q&A's. Nor would I consider the addition of the Challenge Tiers in Assault Battles the form of 'new' content I think meets the needs of our players. When I say 'new' content I mean wholly-new and fresh experiences served up to our players at regular intervals.

It doesn't. And the actual question was related to mythic/Arcade style raids. They technically have 2 months to deliver, so we shall see. (but I wouldn't hold your breath).
  • Options

You know he was in part describing the original pitched idea of GC.

And we know it was a big failure in delivering the daily aspect they also described.

Also talking about it between now and 12/31 is not the same as delivering it in 2020.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    The rewards in HSR and how it is not handled shows that the only new content is packs and more packs and toon packs. Boring.

I know it feels good to vent but at least try to connect it to the topic in some relevant way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I would emphasize caution in what you wish for. I would bet dollars to donuts that the addition of SLKR solos has created an “economic” problem where one SLKR in less developed guilds that by their own right shouldn’t be successful now have one member able to solo. This means that the SLKR member is guaranteed 1st while a bunch of players are getting 2-10. Somebody from one of the large alliances could probably tell us if they’ve started spreading out SLKR to the feeder guilds.

I would guess to the plan is to level out the rewards for HSTR and significantly curtail the full crafted gear (and probably eliminate right side fulls).
  • Options
    If boosting rewards is not in the cards, then what about simply adding hstr t8?

You can add a couple slkr like no stacking damage, and get guilds back to using strategy and planning to complete the hardest raid modes.
  • Options
    HSTR rewards structure is something myself and Crumb have been (and will continue to be) raising awareness about with the devs. It's not our call, so can't say what will happen going forward, but I feel like it's a worthwhile cause.

Thank you for your response; I truly appreciate it. I don't often check the forums anymore cause, well, you know why I'm sure. If you are going to be a more common presence than what we are used to in the past two years, I'll change that up.

One thing I would urge you to make sure the devs are thinking about is the trickle down here. People in end game guilds are now having to merc to get decent rewards again. So tiny guilds that have no business beating HSR are going to be getting HSR rewards.

Thank you again for responding. This community can be a great one when it is given attention.
  • Options
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    I would emphasize caution in what you wish for. I would bet dollars to donuts that the addition of SLKR solos has created an “economic” problem where one SLKR in less developed guilds that by their own right shouldn’t be successful now have one member able to solo. This means that the SLKR member is guaranteed 1st while a bunch of players are getting 2-10. Somebody from one of the large alliances could probably tell us if they’ve started spreading out SLKR to the feeder guilds.

I would guess to the plan is to level out the rewards for HSTR and significantly curtail the full crafted gear (and probably eliminate right side fulls).

It doesn't even take a SLKR in a guild. Even a person that can put good damage up or solo a phase may be the only thing that is keeping some smaller guilds heroic.

Right now, they get 1st so it is worth it to stay in a smaller guild. If they flatten rewards many of the players currently helping small guilds will be in a larger guild.

Just an unintended consequence. I'm not saying they shouldn't flatten the rewards but there will be unintended consequences if they do.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Just an unintended consequence. I'm not saying they shouldn't flatten the rewards but there will be unintended consequences if they do.

My hypothesis is that outcome in in fact the intended one based on the guess that SLKR solos have dramatically increased the amount of gear being given out - now that relics are mostly mandatory there is a very good incentive to eliminate right side full crafts while packaging it as a rewards curve flattening.

• Options

My hypothesis is that outcome in in fact the intended one based on the guess that SLKR solos have dramatically increased the amount of gear being given out - now that relics are mostly mandatory there is a very good incentive to eliminate right side full crafts while packaging it as a rewards curve flattening.

A lot of guilds were already clearing the raid before SLKR so I don't think it increased it all that much. Sure a few more lower guilds being able to finish, but a lot of SLKR owners probably don't merc any more than they did when they had a ns team that could clear a phase.

I really hope they don't decrease the gear flow. That would be just horrible with as many characters that eventually need relics. Especially for the newer players. They need all the help they can get to get some characters reliced in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Options

A lot of guilds were already clearing the raid before SLKR so I don't think it increased it all that much. Sure a few more lower guilds being able to finish, but a lot of SLKR owners probably don't merc any more than they did when they had a ns team that could clear a phase.

I really hope they don't decrease the gear flow. That would be just horrible with as many characters that eventually need relics. Especially for the newer players. They need all the help they can get to get some characters reliced in a reasonable amount of time.

This. Since HSith was released the "end-game" finish line (not that there truly is a thing) has moved considerably. There has been the introduction of relics, 4 GLs, JKLS, etc. Gear acquisition should speed up - not slow down.

Can you imagine a new player coming into the game thinking "Just 3 or so years until I can have GML!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This. Since HSith was released the "end-game" finish line (not that there truly is a thing) has moved considerably. There has been the introduction of relics, 4 GLs, JKLS, etc. Gear acquisition should speed up - not slow down.

Can you imagine a new player coming into the game thinking "Just 3 or so years until I can have GML!"

I understand the sentiment - but that is not how frustration mechanics work. The intention is to create scarcity. Proliferation of SLKR in low GP guilds changes the economy dramatically - it’s no surprise that they just announced an economy overhaul today.

Eliminating the full crafts from the top 10 and spreading rewards across the lower levels does exactly what they stated in the podcast - helps newer players (while at the same time increasing the spend by top end players that already spend).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

@CG_Doja_Fett the Sith raid rewards are being a big problem in top guilds as more and more players are able to easily solo but get poor rewards

CG previously implemented a uniform reward when introducing g12+ but nerfed the reward pool. I think returning to that with top 10 rewards or some extension of the reward pool from top 10 to top 25 needs to be done or so

How would extending the top-10 to top-25 reward pool help players who end up at rank 26 when Soloing? How would your suggestion solve anything?

The problem is automatically solved as more and more players in the guild can solo the raid. With many (or even all) players able to solo the raid the rewards will autonaticaly be distributed more evenly the more raids you complete, since the order in case of ties is random. Sometimes you'll rank high - sometimes low. It all evens out over a large number of raids.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Regardless of the solution, I hope you can realize there is a problem when you can solo the raid and end up with rank 20+ rewards

In a raid where the best rewards are in top 10 placements, per CGs own reward distribution announcement

Why is that a problem? In the next raid you could end up in top-3 with the same score (a solo). Don't forget that the order in case of ties is random.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    HSTR rewards structure is something myself and Crumb have been (and will continue to be) raising awareness about with the devs. It's not our call, so can't say what will happen going forward, but I feel like it's a worthwhile cause.

@CG_Doja_Fett

OP's argument for a restructuring of the rewards is that high end guilds have 10+ players Soloing the raid (while only top-10 earns you that second rewards box with a chance of fully crafted gear). Having a lot of players Soloing the raid actually solves the problem of top-10 rewards being significantly better than the rest. The ranking order in case of ties is random. Hence the rewards will be distributed more evenly among all those players that solo every raid the more raids they complete. A player who solos the raids will sometimes rank high - at other times rank low. It all evens out the more raids they complete because of the random order. IMO it's a good thing.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

@CG_Doja_Fett the Sith raid rewards are being a big problem in top guilds as more and more players are able to easily solo but get poor rewards

CG previously implemented a uniform reward when introducing g12+ but nerfed the reward pool. I think returning to that with top 10 rewards or some extension of the reward pool from top 10 to top 25 needs to be done or so

How would extending the top-10 to top-25 reward pool help players who end up at rank 26 when Soloing? How would your suggestion solve anything?

The problem is automatically solved as more and more players in the guild can solo the raid. With many (or even all) players able to solo the raid the rewards will autonaticaly be distributed more evenly the more raids you complete, since the order in case of ties is random. Sometimes you'll rank high - sometimes low. It all evens out over a large number of raids.

Expecting an entire guild gradually solo a raid is not a solution, if anything, it's a disgrace.
  • Options
    A player who solos the raids will sometimes rank high - at other times rank low. It all evens out the more raids they complete because of the random order. IMO it's a good thing.

But this does mean everyone who unlocked SLKR share the good rewards, and the **** who went for one of the other "similar power level" GLs like SEE get the terrible rewards every time. It shouldn't be that you have to have one specific character of you want a chance at decent rewards.

• Options

I don't think that'd be the case as you'd have to drop down to a guild of about 100 million GP to find ones that can't quite finish Heroic but then you'd miss better rewards in TB when you could join guilds in the 150 million GP range and still be the only one with SLKR, but they were already completing the raid.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I don't think that'd be the case as you'd have to drop down to a guild of about 100 million GP to find ones that can't quite finish Heroic but then you'd miss better rewards in TB when you could join guilds in the 150 million GP range and still be the only one with SLKR, but they were already completing the raid.

If you’re already in a HSTR guild with more than 10 SLKR you just have to drop down to a guild that fewer than that - preferably none. First in HSTR three times a week is worth far more than first in arena everyday and definitely worth way more than 5-10 stars in Geo TBs (remember we only get TBs twice a month now).
  • Options

If you’re already in a HSTR guild with more than 10 SLKR you just have to drop down to a guild that fewer than that - preferably none. First in HSTR three times a week is worth far more than first in arena everyday and definitely worth way more than 5-10 stars in Geo TBs (remember we only get TBs twice a month now).

If people are basically forced to leave guilds because of Raid payout structure, then the structure is poorly designed. And no - it was not the same with the other 2 raids because once everyone had the raid character, the rest of the rewards weren't a big deal - and there was still the possibility of full gear drops, even outside the top 10.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If people are basically forced to leave guilds because of Raid payout structure, then the structure is poorly designed. And no - it was not the same with the other 2 raids because once everyone had the raid character, the rest of the rewards weren't a big deal - and there was still the possibility of full gear drops, even outside the top 10.

No disagreement to that from me - but that is the way HSTR is and has always been since the addition of G12+ gear which is incredibly costly to craft but regularly drops in top 10.

I can guarantee that the “solution” to spread out rewards will involve virtually eliminating most all full crafts.
  • Options

No disagreement to that from me - but that is the way HSTR is and has always been since the addition of G12+ gear which is incredibly costly to craft but regularly drops in top 10.

I can guarantee that the “solution” to spread out rewards will involve virtually eliminating most all full crafts.

It shouldn't necessarily eliminate full crafts, completely depends on how generous cg feels. Rancor auto also decreased rewards but most I know is satisfied by the result. Our gear needs from when extreme hstr rewards would destruct the economy (remember the first change) is much different.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

Expecting an entire guild gradually solo a raid is not a solution, if anything, it's a disgrace.

Check the OP. The whole reason for this discussion is that in top guilds many players are able to solo the raid. That's what we are discussing - not the reward structure in general.

Still: Having many (or all) players able to solo the raid solves the problem and @Ultra's suggestion doesn't.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    SiStibbs wrote: »
    A player who solos the raids will sometimes rank high - at other times rank low. It all evens out the more raids they complete because of the random order. IMO it's a good thing.

But this does mean everyone who unlocked SLKR share the good rewards, and the **** who went for one of the other "similar power level" GLs like SEE get the terrible rewards every time. It shouldn't be that you have to have one specific character of you want a chance at decent rewards.

It has always been the case with every raid that at some point if you wanted to keep winning top rewards you needed to solo the raid. Nothing new. Raids become trivial at some point.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
  • Options
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

Check the OP. The whole reason for this discussion is that in top guilds many players are able to solo the raid. That's what we are discussing - not the reward structure in general.

Still: Having many (or all) players able to solo the raid solves the problem and @Ultra's suggestion doesn't.

I'm in one of those guilds (330m+) and it didn't solve anything, it will not solve anything as time goes by either. There's now the reemergence of mercing. Almost half of the guild is constantly moving to merc. I bet you are aware of the resurgence of the merc market in the preceding months. This is not healthy for the game whatsoever.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

I'm in one of those guilds (330m+) and it didn't solve anything, it will not solve anything as time goes by either. There's now the reemergence of mercing. Almost half of the guild is constantly moving to merc. I bet you are aware of the resurgence of the merc market in the preceding months. This is not healthy for the game whatsoever.

It distributes the raid rewards more evenly among the guild members of your guild. It solved the problem of an uneven distribution where top-10 won an extra rewards chest. When mercing it's a win-win situation - both for the mercenaries and for the guild they are helping out.
  • Options
    7jzmh5i7g5ht.png

It distributes the raid rewards more evenly among the guild members of your guild. It solved the problem of an uneven distribution where top-10 won an extra rewards chest. When mercing it's a win-win situation - both for the mercenaries and for the guild they are helping out.

It made a culture where mercing is the norm and you are losing if you don't merc. Are we now in the time that where we claim playing good means mercing, like we criticise other player oriented choices and offer options?