Sith Raid Rewards: Time to Revisit

1234568Next

Replies

• Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

So here’s a visual for you. I intentionally took a zero this HSTR (for this and to let others get top 10 for once...oh look another issue!)

The first pictures are top 10 rewards from the HSTR we did a few days ago.
    fxalc0q4z0at.png
    nv0fdu4jmn1f.png

Good rewards right? Solid full crafts of lower tier gear, a full G12 piece AND a full G12+ piece. Still poor g12 salvage though which, why is it so little? Anyway....

Here’s from today. Rank 24.
    c13c9193ddqx.png
    7dblpe1nhen7.png

Yeah....that’s fair? Lolololol. First off why are you putting TANK RAID rewards in HSTR? Not to mention tank raid pieces that are in high abundance and low necessity. And “salvage material” is a poor excuse.

There are ways to make this more fair. Otherwise make it simmable and give everyone a chance at full crafts in top 10 as a result. This needs to change and you guys really have no excuse to not. This is more directed at top hat since both Doja and Crumb have expressed empathy and agree that changes need to be made but that’s not in their power to do so. Come on top hat, make the change.
  • Options
    Funny thing. I placed 4th in our last HSith and would have loved what you got at 10 instead. I think the only full piece I got was a mk4 holo lens.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Either the rewards system needs to change OR (unpopular) SLKR siphon needs to be capped in the raid so we can stop all this solo madness - especially if no one else is allowed to solo the raid. SLKR broke the raid and everyones response till this day is 'get your own SLKR'. Cap his siphon in the raid only and turn it back into a brawl for the highest score with your full roster and raid/team knowledge, like its supposed to be, especially if there is no new raid coming out.
  • Options
    Plus 100. This has caused un-needed tension in our guild for something that's supposed to be cooperative. Of course people are going to want to use their best squad and consistently get the best rewards. What this means though is that the rest all get the scraps and get further and further behind.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Funny thing. I placed 4th in our last HSith and would have loved what you got at 10 instead. I think the only full piece I got was a mk4 holo lens.

This is why people who say hstr top 10 is better than arena top 10 are not paying attention.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

This is why people who say hstr top 10 is better than arena top 10 are not paying attention.

It’s just confirmation bias when top 5 full crafts aren’t useful. On average top 10 full crafts from a crystal value perspective far exceed arena and TB.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    BryGuy2k wrote: »

It’s just confirmation bias when top 5 full crafts aren’t useful. On average top 10 full crafts from a crystal value perspective far exceed arena and TB.

Lol no. You can do less than 2 raids a week (1.9 on average for a 30k daily ticket guild). I'll take 3500 crystals (which are way more flexible) over the chance for a full craft every single time thank you very much.
  • Options
    Why are we choosing between raid rewards or arena rewards?
    SLKR let you get both?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    SLKR let you get both?

You'd have to ask the multiple people that keep claiming raid rewards are better.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    SLKR let you get both?

You'd have to ask the multiple people that keep claiming raid rewards are better.

I forgot that this conversation was about arena vs raid rewards and not the terrible structure of the raid rewards themself....thanks for keeping us on track 😒
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

So here’s a visual for you. I intentionally took a zero this HSTR (for this and to let others get top 10 for once...oh look another issue!)

The first pictures are top 10 rewards from the HSTR we did a few days ago.
    fxalc0q4z0at.png
    nv0fdu4jmn1f.png

Good rewards right? Solid full crafts of lower tier gear, a full G12 piece AND a full G12+ piece. Still poor g12 salvage though which, why is it so little? Anyway....

Here’s from today. Rank 24.
    c13c9193ddqx.png
    7dblpe1nhen7.png

Yeah....that’s fair? Lolololol. First off why are you putting TANK RAID rewards in HSTR? Not to mention tank raid pieces that are in high abundance and low necessity. And “salvage material” is a poor excuse.

There are ways to make this more fair. Otherwise make it simmable and give everyone a chance at full crafts in top 10 as a result. This needs to change and you guys really have no excuse to not. This is more directed at top hat since both Doja and Crumb have expressed empathy and agree that changes need to be made but that’s not in their power to do so. Come on top hat, make the change.

Unfortunately, knowing cg if they even out the rewards, it'll look more like the 24th rank than the top 10 rank.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Those players, who finish soloing the raid, shall all be ranked as No.1 in the result list. Then the rest of the players, who did not solo, shall be placed accordingly from 2 onward.

This is imho the best solution. Those, who have SLKR and can solo the raid (regardless how many of them exist in the guild), get the rewards for No.1 . Those in the guild, who are not able to solo the raid, get the rewards ranked by their actual score.

No change to the raid needed and no need to make it simable. Just change a table.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    Those players, who finish soloing the raid, shall all be ranked as No.1 in the result list. Then the rest of the players, who did not solo, shall be placed accordingly from 2 onward.

This is imho the best solution. Those, who have SLKR and can solo the raid (regardless how many of them exist in the guild), get the rewards for No.1 . Those in the guild, who are not able to solo the raid, get the rewards ranked by their actual score.

No change to the raid needed and no need to make it simable. Just change a table.

This will never, ever happen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

that would be great. but this will not happen.

but yes all guild based events should at a minimum be treated like this. team work makes the dream work, and more players soloing actually helps your guild.

that is not the way they work, and unfortunately, never will.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

but yes all guild based events should at a minimum be treated like this. team work makes the dream work, and more players soloing actually helps your guild.

It would be nice if the next raid 3 years from now gives us a base rewards that is the same for everyone, and then you get bonus rewards based on placement. Would help lessen the sting of getting 11th.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It would be nice if the next raid 3 years from now gives us a base rewards that is the same for everyone, and then you get bonus rewards based on placement. Would help lessen the sting of getting 11th.

in theory, if a raid was designed from the beginning with rewards in a more "even" or level way, the rewards would not be as good over all. its just the simple economics of things like this.

or the raid would have to be designed to be LSGeo level of difficulty, to really stretch the length of time it takes to hit a point like this where the top tier is on farm, and becoming easier to solo.

so the reality is that a setup like this is good, IF they have a plan and execute a plan to then redistribute them later.

IMHO

also you spelled "3 months from now" wrong.........uuuhhgggg....I wish that wasn't such a horrible joke. I vote for a mulligan on 2020. obviously more than just a video game is driving that, but you all know where I'm coming from.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

in theory, if a raid was designed from the beginning with rewards in a more "even" or level way, the rewards would not be as good over all. its just the simple economics of things like this.

or the raid would have to be designed to be LSGeo level of difficulty, to really stretch the length of time it takes to hit a point like this where the top tier is on farm, and becoming easier to solo.

so the reality is that a setup like this is good, IF they have a plan and execute a plan to then redistribute them later.

IMHO
    I would assume the total disbursement of rewards would be the same either way, but individually it would be "flattened" so there may be that perception. But that's ok with me. A raid is supposed to be cooperative, not competitive.

also you spelled "3 months from now" wrong.........uuuhhgggg....I wish that wasn't such a horrible joke. I vote for a mulligan on 2020. obviously more than just a video game is driving that, but you all know where I'm coming from.

Yeah, I wish we were getting a new raid. And I wish we were getting tank and STR sims. But considering how much effort was expended into the GCs I have very, very low expectations of CG's ability to actually produce anything resembling repeatable content that people enjoy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

IMHO
    I would assume the total disbursement of rewards would be the same either way, but individually it would be "flattened" so there may be that perception. But that's ok with me. A raid is supposed to be cooperative, not competitive.

I guess you could be right, but I always look at things like this from the literally "what goes into the community" perspective, and that seems to play out "correctly" when you look at what they have done as far as trying to flatten rewards previously. so while I am ok with that in the later stages of life of a raid, i think its a bit off putting for a new event to have "lackluster rewards".

IMHO

Yeah, I wish we were getting a new raid. And I wish we were getting tank and STR sims. But considering how much effort was expended into the GCs I have very, very low expectations of CG's ability to actually produce anything resembling repeatable content that people enjoy.

I wish they could be more transparent about things. I know it may look like this from the outside, but there is so much out there in the background that if they spoke about it would help everyone understand what happened and what is going on. I dont have the full picture or anything, but the little bits we hear, here and there, help paint the picture.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

IMHO

I guess you could be right, but I always look at things like this from the literally "what goes into the community" perspective, and that seems to play out "correctly" when you look at what they have done as far as trying to flatten rewards previously. so while I am ok with that in the later stages of life of a raid, i think its a bit off putting for a new event to have "lackluster rewards".

IMHO

I wish they could be more transparent about things. I know it may look like this from the outside, but there is so much out there in the background that if they spoke about it would help everyone understand what happened and what is going on. I dont have the full picture or anything, but the little bits we hear, here and there, help paint the picture.

All I need to know about the picture is they spent all year talking about the new engine making new content easier to make and they wanted us to have something challenging to do every day. What we got was a Galactic Challenge that runs 3 days out of the week and takes less than 15 minutes to fully complete.

So, if they want people to think they aren't lazy gits just counting their cash all day, they should probably start sharing that bigger picture.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

IMHO

IMHO

All I need to know about the picture is they spent all year talking about the new engine making new content easier to make and they wanted us to have something challenging to do every day. What we got was a Galactic Challenge that runs 3 days out of the week and takes less than 15 minutes to fully complete.

So, if they want people to think they aren't lazy gits just counting their cash all day, they should probably start sharing that bigger picture.

unfortunately that statement already ignores what they have said, which may be, at least in part, why they do not talk about things like that. so for anyone to start to see a bigger picture, it would take a little effort to ignore implied bias, and keeping an eye on perspective.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    unfortunately that statement already ignores what they have said, which may be, at least in part, why they do not talk about things like that. so for anyone to start to see a bigger picture, it would take a little effort to ignore implied bias, and keeping an eye on perspective.

There are always "things happening." And yet, here I am, the first day of a GC event with nothing to do in game. Again. As a result, I just spend more time (and money) in other games.

Though, back on topic: When we get the next raid in 2023, maybe they could just have the prize boxes be based on damage thresholds rather than ranked placements? Would be a good way for more people to get more rewards.
  • Options

There are always "things happening." And yet, here I am, the first day of a GC event with nothing to do in game. Again. As a result, I just spend more time (and money) in other games.

Though, back on topic: When we get the next raid in 2023, maybe they could just have the prize boxes be based on damage thresholds rather than ranked placements? Would be a good way for more people to get more rewards.

The year long project about -new system- was the unity update they had to do. As explained in the dev posts, what makes up GCs aren't only what you've seen out of GCs so far. Ofc you can ignore all that.

They should absolutely hurry up on the new raid and hopefully mythic raids which will clear this slate.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

The year long project about -new system- was the unity update they had to do. As explained in the dev posts, what makes up GCs aren't only what you've seen out of GCs so far. Ofc you can ignore all that.

They should absolutely hurry up on the new raid and hopefully mythic raids which will clear this slate.

The Unity upgrade was 4 months ago? The only thing they've done in that time frame is GCs. Doesn't feel faster yet.

But I would love a new raid and a mythic/arcade raids. Obviously I still love this game, else I wouldn't be here.
  • Options
    I'm gonna be honest, I think the system being broken in HSTR is a huge systemic issue with their way of maintaining high level content as a whole. Assuming we look at HSTR as the "highest raid content" they have, which is objectively true, it exposes a pattern:

HSTR was added march of 2018, Grand Arena was added December of 2018, LSGEOTB is a year old and very few changes have been made to improve the content or maintain it's playability besides unnecessary difficulty spikes, and GC's only take up three days of a seven day week, so last I checked their newest content is unplayable about 56% of the time, assuming you play it the full three days. The same thing happened with fleets becoming neglected content after a while. Once a certain ceiling is hit, they move on to new content creation (which takes long enough that the game gets stale well before we get new stuff) and neglect the old. I don't think they'll ever fully address HSTR rewards as much as they desperately need to, because once they've made new content, they'll come back and make AAT simmable and ignore the other raid complaints until they need to throw the community a bone. They'll ignore and neglect it until it becomes the only content they can think of to appease a disgruntled player base.

This is proven by the fact that in terms of "playable content," all of their new (or two year old) stuff, unless the schedule overlaps perfectly, is not playable (for many reasons) over half of the time you're in the game.

The only way to address this properly unless they plan to open the content floodgates soon, is to make that 44% of the time we actually play be worth our while with rewards. They tried that with GC, but the problem with that is that they created a whole new economy just to force the rewards to be worthwhile (6+ mods) and lowered the cadence of marquees so they have less incentive to develop actual content for new characters.

Whether it seems fair or not, whether it's a win or not, merc-ing is the result of seeking more playtime and a better payoff for said playtime. Better rewards and gearing up characters is what we strive for as gameplay now that most content is dulled, and the result over the past two years is a community environment where we have to make our own content for ourselves. In a game that *still has* an active dev team. This shouldn't happen, and if fixing HSTR raids makes it so more people have a reason to play and be active in guilds, it would extend the life of the content and be a good bone to throw the community. It's one of dozens of small problems, but it would be a huge fix.

Now before anyone points out that all I did here was nag, I have proposed solutions, as does the thread that I agree with.

The most intriguing to me, and most likely the most easily doable and most beneficial is individual raids. This rewards high effort players regardless of the level of their guild, makes solo's still incentivized, and those that just join with no effort still get rewards so any low effort players don't have to have "prescribed play" to gain anything, it just takes them longer as it should.

My personal choice that I think would be most likely to eventually happen is that they make all raids simmable. At the end of the day, even with lower rewards as a whole, this works because whether you sim or not becomes a guild-wide decision, so if people still wanna gamble on RNG rewards in the 10+ SLKR guilds, they are welcome to. Those that don't wish to subject themselves to that get a slower farm, but guaranteed rewards. It seems like a win-win, and given how CG treats their content, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only touch up to high level raids we can expect....probably ever.
  • Options
    wsgnvjqou55g.png
    aa5fj0tnb1ar.png
    ty9q1qvd8tzm.png

Now for rank 3, these rewards are “subpar” with only one full craft. These would be amazing for anything below 11 by comparison simply because of the full 12.5 craft.
    But the issues are the same not just in this tier but all. WHY are there still tanks rewards in the HSTR? They are not needed. They are not in high demand and already have a place in the HAAT. Take them out. Replace them with gear we need. Replace them with a chance for kyro’s, mk5 guns, mk3 carbantis, Mk 3 cuffs, etc.