SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    Heh someone in my guild today found a way to beat SEE quite easily without Jericho, and without good mods on JML.

@MightyWizard you only have SEE, only have been playing since 2019. I hope you eventually unlock SLKR and can feel what a real GL can do some day.

Ahh well. Let the thread die. Just don't whale out on GLs ever again until they are confirmed to work properly by the community. That's my parting advice.
  • Options
    Lmao TVF.

Look, Dunbar, this whole thread is filled with posts with you stating time and again that SEE is useless, that he's a waste of time, that he can hardly beat anything, and many more things and it all really just goes on repeat. I'm sorry if this seems condescending to you, but all your posts led me to draw the conclusion that you, must in fact have no clue in the whole wide world how to use your SEE.

SEE beats every GL on offense quite easily, including SLKR. He tears them all apart rather. You just have to use the right tool for the job, eh? You'll get it eventually.

EDIT: Oh and Dunbar, that bit about you being kind of a big deal in the sith discord just undermines your position, seeing as you still somehow think SEE is not awesome. I thought it was funny so I had to mention.

Also, way to gloss over 90% of my post. I never said SEE has a problem on offense in Arena. In fact I said he does Arena offense quite well. Do you have any comment about SEE's performance in Raids, GCs, ABs, TBs, etc?

If you're going to start an argument, at least don't make it a circular one.

My only gripe about SEE in Arena (and PvP in general) is that he should not be able to be soloed.
  • Options
    Krako923 wrote: »
    While I agree that there are still some issues that should have been addressed regarding SEE's link ability and his leadership, I think the addition of the armorer went a long way to fix some of his weaknesses. What he lacks in PvE viability he makes up for in being arguably the best offensive PvP toon in the game. I do appreciate @CG_Doja_Fett taking the time to communicate our sentiment to the Devs, It is definitely a nice change of pace from the past. Also, it's been a lot of fun running over double tank SLKR teams in Arena using this combo:

https://youtu.be/h9OeM6yRCNY

SEE with The Armorer is ridiculous on offense.
  • Jenoke76
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Yes, you are right.
    All we ask to make linked working also on solo opponents.
    Than he would be more useful in Raids and not soloed by GLs when on defense
  • Son_Goku9001
    102 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Yes 100% See is a monster on offense my only complaint now is the link not working on solo but hey no sense in crying over spilled milk. I am happy with him and the armorer so I’ll take what I can get
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    gphuq549yxgx.png

Hope CG makes it SEE lead for the Sith Mandalorian GC

According to everyone complaining in this trait, that would be equal to CG throwing F2P players a bone
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    While I agree that there are still some issues that should have been addressed regarding SEE's link ability and his leadership, I think the addition of the armorer went a long way to fix some of his weaknesses. What he lacks in PvE viability he makes up for in being arguably the best offensive PvP toon in the game. I do appreciate @CG_Doja_Fett taking the time to communicate our sentiment to the Devs, It is definitely a nice change of pace from the past. Also, it's been a lot of fun running over double tank SLKR teams in Arena using this combo:

So is JKL. As predicted, armorer plus a JKL-level power toon can counter SLKR. A true devastating attacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyLL7_Z1HnU&ab_channel=ClashDoE

But it's all moot because people with 2-3 GLs are now getting SEE, so if that's enough for CG then that's all that really matters.

I still hope one day for a sith faction meta, especially for all those who didn't have a chance at traya meta.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    dgree wrote: »

So is JKL. As predicted, armorer plus a JKL-level power toon can counter SLKR. A true devastating attacker.

But it's all moot because people with 2-3 GLs are now getting SEE, so if that's enough for CG then that's all that really matters.

I still hope one day for a sith faction meta, especially for all those who didn't have a chance at traya meta.

Or the Vader meta? Or the Zaul meta? Or the Darth Revan meta? Or the Palpatine meta? Heck, there was even the Dooku dodge and dance meta.

IIRC, there have been more Sith metas than possibly any other single faction. An argument could be made for Rebels - but I still think Sith had more.

There are some valid frustrations around SEE (raid performance) - but "not enough Sith metas" is not 1.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    Options
    From my point of view EEP do not need any buff, actually he need a nerf/rework.

I have no idea what arenas are you playing on, mine is one of the first in the game/strongest in the game (nearly everyone in top 50 for sure but i guess 400+ have at least 3 GLs). EEP's i'm seeing there are rediciolous good. Actually it is the only GL that anyone from the shard have problems with, while climbing.

JML is totaly garbage against EEP (there is an option with Bastila lead, but still it is rng), any other options with JML dont exist at all.

SLKR can beat it, BUT it is a type of fight where EEP is able to obtain ulti faster than SLKR = 100% lost. Rey is quite efective.

Still with any other GL's everyone already have 100% win ratio on my shard, with EEP not. And as i have wrote it earlier it is from a point of view of a person that see all 5xr7 teams with mods sets like 5x 180+ speed.

All he might receive is a some kind of rework that alows him to work better when there is 1 oponent only.

Actually in my opinion the only one GL that require total rework is JML. It is not even a buff, he needs a total rework with his lead/unique/ulti. It is a rediciolous that his lead is totaly garbage, so much that it is not even worth of unlocking ulti on him (what for if you will never use it... lead sux so much that ulti is not worth of switching him to a lead spot at all). It is rediciolous he sux as a tank (only one tank GL).

Every other GL is playable/best teams while they are lead... and here it is so much ****..
  • Options
    WulW wrote: »
    I have no idea what arenas are you playing on, mine is one of the first in the game/strongest in the game (nearly everyone in top 50 for sure but i guess 400+ have at least 3 GLs). EEP's i'm seeing there are rediciolous good. Actually it is the only GL that anyone from the shard have problems with, while climbing.

JML is totaly garbage against EEP (there is an option with Bastila lead, but still it is rng), any other options with JML dont exist at all.

Actually in my opinion the only one GL that require total rework is JML. It is not even a buff, he needs a total rework with his lead/unique/ulti.

In my shard SEE can drop from 1st to outside the top 50, whereas Luke rarely falls outside of the top 20. No GLs seem to have any issues beating SEE, even a standard Luke team.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Or the Vader meta? Or the Zaul meta? Or the Darth Revan meta? Or the Palpatine meta? Heck, there was even the Dooku dodge and dance meta.

IIRC, there have been more Sith metas than possibly any other single faction. An argument could be made for Rebels - but I still think Sith had more.

There are some valid frustrations around SEE (raid performance) - but "not enough Sith metas" is not 1.
    It's not about SEE performance but about Sith faction relevance. If players couldn't participate in the traya meta and had EP, that means they had EP during an anti-EP meta: Bast lead, JKR, etc. And of course that's after this Maul meta that basically only launch shard people talk about.

Suffice it to say that some people have downloaded the game in the last 3 and a half years. You're really just proving the point that maybe Sith as a faction was relevant at some point but that by now the faction is immensely neglected, and CG devs only takes a look at them when there's an opportunity for a nerf.
  • WulW
    30 posts Member
    Options
    it is all about team/relics/mods.JML's fall's below 50 at my arena... with JKR/Wat teams as well.

GL's are more or less equal - ok, BUT situation when 3 GL's have the best lead in any team they are in, and 1 GL have worst... the same GL in a reason of weak lead have no chance of having/using ulti? This is a real problem, and this is a real reason why JML needs a total rework.
  • Options
    it is all about team/relics/mods.JML's fall's below 50 at my arena... with JKR/Wat teams as well.

GL's are more or less equal - ok, BUT situation when 3 GL's have the best lead in any team they are in, and 1 GL have worst... the same GL in a reason of weak lead have no chance of having/using ulti? This is a real problem, and this is a real reason why JML needs a total rework.

Luke needs a change to help his leadership, it shouldn't be the case that a GL is better in a non-lead slot.

However, SEE's lead is bad too. He does little to help the team outside of a speed boost. The only reason people keep him as leader is that he can't really get ultimate without it, and unlike Luke, without his ultimate he is pretty poor, a support character that can buff protection and not much else.
  • Options

SLKR can beat it, BUT it is a type of fight where EEP is able to obtain ulti faster than SLKR = 100% lost. Rey is quite efective.

Still with any other GL's everyone already have 100% win ratio on my shard, with EEP not. And as i have wrote it earlier it is from a point of view of a person that see all 5xr7 teams with mods sets like 5x 180+ speed.

All he might receive is a some kind of rework that alows him to work better when there is 1 oponent only.

Actually in my opinion the only one GL that require total rework is JML. It is not even a buff, he needs a total rework with his lead/unique/ulti. It is a rediciolous that his lead is totaly garbage, so much that it is not even worth of unlocking ulti on him (what for if you will never use it... lead sux so much that ulti is not worth of switching him to a lead spot at all). It is rediciolous he sux as a tank (only one tank GL).

Every other GL is playable/best teams while they are lead... and here it is so much ****..

There are plenty of team comps where JML destroys SEE with little to no RNG at all, the Jericho being the most prominent (pretty strange you havent already heard of it) Not sure how being able to waste SLKRs stuns and Reys Whirlwind in considered sucking as a tank. Despite being a tank his Efflux is arguably the most devastating offensive ability in the game, and can with minimal set up rival SEEs ult in terms of dmg. While I do understand the frustration regarding JMLs lead, the only reason people use SEE lead is because he needs it to feasibly get his ultimate, and unlike JML SEE is almost useless without it.

Would also love to see a video of SEE gaining ult faster than SLKR on defense, because thats sounds Highly unlikely.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    SEE can gain ult faster than SLKR on defense because SLKR's ult is dependent on the FO squad's abilities and can be slowed down (crit immunity, stuns on FO squad, all the ABs and control on FO that Jedi have, basically, since Jedi are the gods of tanking and control debuffs now).

SEE's ult charge just depends on the attacker taking turns, so if the attacker doesn't cheese linked mechanics, they kinda need to kill SEE before he turns into GL IPD and blows up (which can be done with various jedi setups).
  • Options
    At this time, the devs have no intentions of making any changes to SEE’s kit. I understand this isn’t the update some of you were hoping for, but I wanted to address this head-on and let you all know.

I still very much appreciate the effort of those who spent part of their holiday break helping me gather information to present. The experience will be useful as we continue to work together on other issues. Obviously, some will be successful and some won’t. But, that doesn’t mean we won’t keep doing our best to relay player sentiment and advocate on your behalf.

Currently, I do not intend to contribute any amount of money to the developers. I understand that this is not what they would like. I really appreciate your disregard for the balance of legends. This experience will certainly be useful for me in the future, when there will be a question about whether to pay or not pay for your pictures.
  • Options
    SEE can gain ult faster than SLKR on defense because SLKR's ult is dependent on the FO squad's abilities and can be slowed down (crit immunity, stuns on FO squad, all the ABs and control on FO that Jedi have, basically, since Jedi are the gods of tanking and control debuffs now).

SEE's ult charge just depends on the attacker taking turns, so if the attacker doesn't cheese linked mechanics, they kinda need to kill SEE before he turns into GL IPD and blows up (which can be done with various jedi setups).

Im aware that SEE can get ult faster than SLKR vs for example JML. What WulW suggested was that SLKR fighting SEE on offense would gain ult slower than SEE, which I dont see happening unless the AI somehow by miracle manages to have Thrawn and Drevan get to your SLKR early on.
  • Options

I don't know what you mean. I can hit auto on any SEE team with my SLKR and win without losing a single unit. This is on a 5 year old shard with top tier mods, in the top 10 of the shard.

JML vs. SEE is harder but very doable if you can get your JKR to a modded speed faster than anyone on the Sith team, ensure that JKR isn't the "weakest" on your team (max health/prot), and mark SEE before any Sith have a turn. If you can do that by properly modding, you can beat just about any SEE with JML, except SEE that have been modded for insane protection/health (most mod SEE for damage).
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

There are plenty of team comps where JML destroys SEE with little to no RNG at all, the Jericho being the most prominent (pretty strange you havent already heard of it) Not sure how being able to waste SLKRs stuns and Reys Whirlwind in considered sucking as a tank. Despite being a tank his Efflux is arguably the most devastating offensive ability in the game, and can with minimal set up rival SEEs ult in terms of dmg. While I do understand the frustration regarding JMLs lead, the only reason people use SEE lead is because he needs it to feasibly get his ultimate, and unlike JML SEE is almost useless without it.

Would also love to see a video of SEE gaining ult faster than SLKR on defense, because thats sounds Highly unlikely.

The statement is even more hilarious as he was saying that SLKR on offense gains ult at a slower rate than SEE, not SEE on offense gaining ult faster than SLKR on defense. Also the battle being "100% lost" just because in some miracle scenario SEE might even get into his ult before SLKR has alrdy wiped the floor with SEE's team is just as silly.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I'm fine with SEE as is, these GLs value will change over time as new toons come into the game.

What truly disappoints me is the utter indifference to how crappy some of these req toons and the standards to which they were selected; Col. Starck, really? Admiral Piett? If you don't have any relevant new characters for you're GLs, make some! Rework Maul at least, even just stat boosts! C'mon.
    Rey sucks with the Resistance and became a temp Jedi leader now replaced by JML, SLK is a crappy leader that doesn't truly have great DS synergy, he is just a monster of a toon, The Knights Of Ren Ren could have made him much more interesting imo.
    It's like cutting Mace out of the Geo LSTB, their willingness to proceed forward without developing/reworking characters that make sense for their projects is something I find not only disappointing, but in cases like Mace Windu, insulting.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Starck is pretty essential on a Trooper squad and Piett is excellent across any Empire team.

Agree on Maul and a R7 Sideous is terrible. RG and Krennic are also very questionable.
  • Options
    Love my Troopers, and Starck is awesome, but has nothing practical to do with Palpatines story. They didnt bother creating enough characters to warrant 4x GLs from 3 movies, but they proceeded anyways. They do a Geo TB, without Mace, and like who the heck is Wat Tambor? I had to google that. My point is I'd love them to build a sensible roster for the projects they take on. For 2021 I'd love to see less random thematically inept content unsupported by marquees and reworks.
  • Options
    I'm glad they didn't follow his story or we would have a r7 Mace next to Sidious
  • Options
    There’s a Sith discord?
  • Options
    There’s a Sith discord?

It's not a story the jedi would tell you
  • Options
    There’s a Sith discord?

Are you worthy of this new knowledge?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I share the sentiment of those who are fine with this. We put our best arguments forward and it just didn’t play out the way we expected.

Did they address the issues I wanted? No. Did his viability improve? Yes, and at the end of the day that was my goal. It didn’t happen the way I or I think anyone else expected/wanted but it happened. I realize viability means different things to different people, but that was never a battle we were winning.

Just so there’s no revisionist history. There have bee a lot of changes and revelations since this thread started. We are also in the middle of 3v3 where he performs much better. That said I really want to thank the players who contributed to this thread and highlighted SEE’s flaws for the developers. I also wanted to thank those who provided data showing SEE’s strengths. I can honestly say it made my performance with him better. Finally thanks to @Kyno and @CG_Doja_Fett it was a bit bumpy at times, but I think this has been good thread.

P.S. Has anyone else been using SEE in GC? I’ve had really good results with him there. He has high survivability and low damage with the option to end the fight when ever he wants. This has been very useful when trying to get those (recover X health, get X Crits, etc) feats.
  • Options
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    I share the sentiment of those who are fine with this. We put our best arguments forward and it just didn’t play out the way we expected.

Did they address the issues I wanted? No. Did his viability improve? Yes, and at the end of the day that was my goal. It didn’t happen the way I or I think anyone else expected/wanted but it happened. I realize viability means different things to different people, but that was never a battle we were winning.

Just so there’s no revisionist history. There have bee a lot of changes and revelations since this thread started. We are also in the middle of 3v3 where he performs much better. That said I really want to thank the players who contributed to this thread and highlighted SEE’s flaws for the developers. I also wanted to thank those who provided data showing SEE’s strengths. I can honestly say it made my performance with him better. Finally thanks to @Kyno and @CG_Doja_Fett it was a bit bumpy at times, but I think this has been good thread.

P.S. Has anyone else been using SEE in GC? I’ve had really good results with him there. He has high survivability and low damage with the option to end the fight when ever he wants. This has been very useful when trying to get those (recover X health, get X Crits, etc) feats.

You were the sanest buff SEE proponent on this thread. Kudos! 👍
  • Options
    Armorer pretty much solved SEEs issue in terms of facing kylo ren.

A couple questions to those who still feel aggrieved by SEE

What modset are you running? Yeah his damage is pretty rotten but that's not his main focus. Survivability and that sweet sweet Instakill is the one you want.
This discussion has been closed.