SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    I’ll be honest, I was initially very disappointed with SEE, and I can understand more end game players still being bitterly disappointed. But, for me, as I’ve adjusted to it I’ve found him to fill the role I needed at this time in my roster.

The meta is shifting to needing 2+ GLs to remain relevant and he can win on offence for me. So I can’t complain there.

The soloing and disappointing raid performance is an annoyance but I’ll deal with that by not sticking SEE on defence once my opponents start catching up. And the speed at which SEE can do damage in P2 means I can get a second team in there as well to keep a top 10 score. Would I like him to solo a phase? Sure, but he was never going to be SLKR and I think he’s clearly meant to be a PVP attacking toon.

If they could have fixed link to deal with the silos it would be nice but I’ll live with what I have.

Finally, just want to say thanks to @Kyno and @CG_Doja_Fett for everything over the life of this thread. We didn’t win today but I can’t fault you guys.

All the best,

JD
  • Options
    Maybe take some hope from the situation with Jedi in that JML has breathed new life into former meta characters (GAS and JKL). We don't know what (if anything) is planned in respect of Sith but we may see him getting helped at some point in the future.

To echo the comment above, we didn't get the result we wanted this time but thanks to everyone that contributed - whatever their view. 👍
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    ☝️ to add to my above post

My SEE has all the Zetas. My SLKR only has 2 zetas. LOL.

Yes, SEE loses most of his squad, but he still easily wins once he gets into ultimate
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yes, SEE loses most of his squad, but he still easily wins once he gets into ultimate

But it's evidence that SEE is a horrible, horrible leader. And if you don't have him as leader, he can't gain his ultimate. Meanwhile all the other GLs work fine in the non-leader slot.

You just made more of a point to how terrible SEE is and another something that he lacks that the other GLs can do.

And SEE literally relies only on his AoE lightning. A true one-trick pony. How else can you explain his entire team dying 30 seconds into the match, but him going on to win.

Listen. I don't really care if SEE gets fixed or not. I have SLKR, and will have JML in about a month. I will have 2 TRUE galactic legends in my roster. SEE can fill a niche role if I ever need him I guess. So he's not entirely useless but he's darn near close.

But to say SEE is on par with the other GLs, or should even have the GL tag, is a joke. As others have said in the course of this thread, he is more like a legendary or marquee toon.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    A marquee?????

Hahahaha.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

But it's evidence that SEE is a horrible, horrible leader. And if you don't have him as leader, he can't gain his ultimate. Meanwhile all the other GLs work fine in the non-leader slot.

You just made more of a point to how terrible SEE is and another something that he lacks that the other GLs can do.

And SEE literally relies only on his AoE lightning. A true one-trick pony. How else can you explain his entire team dying 30 seconds into the match, but him going on to win.

Listen. I don't really care if SEE gets fixed or not. I have SLKR, and will have JML in about a month. I will have 2 TRUE galactic legends in my roster. SEE can fill a niche role if I ever need him I guess. So he's not entirely useless but he's darn near close.

But to say SEE is on par with the other GLs, or should even have the GL tag, is a joke. As others have said in the course of this thread, he is more like a legendary or marquee toon.
    He’s a great leader, and he only needs the ultimate vs GL squads

He works fine in non leader squads too outside of squad arena, but his lead is so good that it’s better to set him as lead
  • Options

He works fine in non leader squads too outside of squad arena, but his lead is so good that it’s better to set him as lead

Not true at all
    EP or Traya lead is way better for sith
    But without SEE as lead he can't gain ult. thats why we run him as lead because we are forced to.

Only in TB do we run him as non-lead because there he's actually better without the ult.
  • Options
    As someone who has him as my only GL and someone who definitely wanted him buffed/tweaked, I will say just let it go. He’s not getting touched, he is what he is so there’s no point harping on about it any more.
  • Options
    As someone who has him as my only GL and someone who definitely wanted him buffed/tweaked, I will say just let it go. He’s not getting touched, he is what he is so there’s no point harping on about it any more.

Exactly. Move on, and just learn lesson, don't whale or spend on a GL ever again unless it's been througly vettee by the community first, you just can't trust the hype when CG promotes a new GL.
  • Options
    Still waiting on that buff...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Still waiting on that buff...

39n.gif
  • Options
    dc1gcf5mr0k4.jpg

So... I have to go back on my original sentiment that SEE needs a buff. He does not. After unlocking his ultimate at long last, and kitting him out with a bespoke mod set, I was able to climb to 1st in arena with minimal effort, using my setup of SEE, DR, BSF, Thrawn, and GBA. He tears apart all of the other three GLs in all of the setups I've encountered. It still remains to be seen how well he holds overnight, but he's definitely a nuclear wrecking ball in any case.

While I don't particularly think he should be buffed, he does still need some new sith to go with him. Another strong tank or two that actually synergize with him would be nice, and maybe some form of sith support. I'd personally like to run the all powerful sithiest sith with a full team of sith.

In any case, my final verdict on SEE is that he's pretty amazing after all. No regrets.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Not true at all
    But without SEE as lead he can't gain ult. thats why we run him as lead because we are forced to.
    Funny. If you replace "EP or Traya" with "JKR or Bastila" and talk about Jedi, it's the same for JML. Except JML is so bad a lead, most people don't use him there at all (as evidenced by the screenshot in the post just above mine).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not true at all
    Funny. If you replace "EP or Traya" with "JKR or Bastila" and talk about Jedi, it's the same for JML. Except JML is so bad a lead, most people don't use him there at all (as evidenced by the screenshot in the post just above mine).

Agreed JML lead is bad.

But at least JML is still great when not in the leader slot.

With SEE we are forced to use him in the leader slot.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Guys SEE is great. With my setup I wreck absolutely everything. People saying he sucks have either not unlocked his ultimate yet, or just don't know how to SEE.

His only drawbacks are the awkward effects of linked VS solo enemies, and his urgent need of new sith toons.
  • Options
    Seriously???
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Not true at all

My JML lead rocks. But my team is very fast.
  • Options

Not true at all

JKR lead is the second strongest leadership in the game. Its only slightly less bloated than SLKRs leadership. JKR is pretty much the sole reason for why Darth Revan became a Sith Empire leader only. Wouldnt say its fair to call JML lead trash just because its not as crazy as JKR.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Not true at all

Hence the term "most" ;)

ETA: Yes, the 347 JKR works under JML lead. Some of us mere mortals who can only get into the low 330s have to make due.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Just posting this video here again before thread is locked

https://youtu.be/NEd-SUqs46Y
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

That's cute...except most of the "facts" in that video have been debunked. SEE actually has a better banner count in GAC than other GLs because, with Wat, he can 2-man JML or Rey (the two GLs most common on defense).

Many of the "easy f2p counters" are anything but easy - and most of them only work against non-ultimate SEE with very poor mods and bad team comps (most of the ones in the video are against teams with SE Trooper - no one runs him in SEE teams anymore)
    And here's the current meta report

naiq6kwn07e1.jpg

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    before thread is locked

If not before then why now.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Not true at all

Hence the term "most" ;)

ETA: Yes, the 347 JKR works under JML lead. Some of us mere mortals who can only get into the low 330s have to make due.

Don't forget the 575 JML (w/3 prot primaries), 326 GMY, and 316 GAS ;)
  • Options

That's cute...except most of the "facts" in that video have been debunked. SEE actually has a better banner count in GAC than other GLs because, with Wat, he can 2-man JML or Rey (the two GLs most common on defense).

Many of the "easy f2p counters" are anything but easy - and most of them only work against non-ultimate SEE with very poor mods and bad team comps (most of the ones in the video are against teams with SE Trooper - no one runs him in SEE teams anymore)
    And here's the current meta report

naiq6kwn07e1.jpg

I've tried the wat+see in GA for more banners, and yes you get more points for undermannning, but you also lose points for wat dying and see finishing with no protection. So the banner gain is minimal, possibly even lose banners, I'm not sure, i never made a direct comparison.

Meta report is kinda useless. Yeah SEE is in the top 3 in your picture, but that's mostly because there are so many JML ripe for the picking, and JML is the ONE thing SEE is good at beating. It's literally the only purpose.

Look, man. I have both SEE and SLKR, both R8. My IRL friend has JML and Rey which I've played with quite a few times. I'll even have JML next month or so myself.

As someone who's played with all the GLs quite a bit. I can say for sure that SEE is in no way as good as the other 3. Not even close. Is SEE good in Arena? Yes. But it's literally the only thing he's good for. And the other 3 GLs are good in Arena too. The other 3 GLs bring a LOT more utility and usefulness. Going for SEE was a mistake for me, and I would never suggest it to anyone.

Trust me I have no motives here or anything to gain by speaking the truth about SEE being horrible and worse than the other 3 GLs. So what, if SEE gets buffed, then my SLKR becomes less useful, and my JML when I have him next month becomes less useful? Lol.

Idrc anymore and haven't since the SLKR unlock if SEE gets buffed. In fact at this point I hope SEE doesn't get buffed. I hope he stays weak so I can still continue to beat him easily with SLKR and have a chance at beating him with JML. But what I would like is CG to refund everyone for SEE. At the very least, refund zetas.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Rey isn't really good in arena anymore
  • Options
    This Mr. Dunbar person clearly has no clue in the world how to effectively use his SEE. SEE is plain awesome. He wrecks everything. Just try using a different toon you understand how to use or something.

SEE still needs new sith toons. Give us more sith toons, powers that be. Pretty please.
  • Options
    This Mr. Dunbar person clearly has no clue in the world how to effectively use his SEE. SEE is plain awesome. He wrecks everything. Just try using a different toon you understand how to use or something.

SEE still needs new sith toons. Give us more sith toons, powers that be. Pretty please.

You are very condescending.

I know how to use SEE plenty fine. I am in the Sith discord and wrote a lot of the early strategies that youtubers publicized and profited from.

I fail to understand your point, or you seem to be missing mine entirely. Sure, SEE can wreck everything but SLKR. But SLKR can wreck everything but JML. JML can wreck everything but SEE. Rey can wreck all of the above.

But where is SEE's worth and utility anywhere else? All of the other 3 GLs are viable in raids. SEE is worthless there. All of the other 3 are viable in assault battles. SEE has some viability there, but isn't really better than anything else you can already beat it with. What about TBs? Yeah you can go 4/4 in DSTB with SEE, but you can with SLKR tooz and he's the better pick. What about Territory Wars? Ok SEE is good for attack, but is the worst of the 3 on defense.

Do you understand what I'm saying? Yeah, man, SEE is great in Arena. If Arena is your ONLY goal in the game, get SEE. If not, look elsewhere. SEE is not worth his farm and requirements, and certainly not worth spending money on, unless Arena is your only goal. Even if Arena IS your only goal, you'll still do great with JML and gave 2 great teams for LSTB in the process.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I am in the Sith discord and wrote a lot of the early strategies that youtubers publicized and profited from.

E0A9F842EC9EE997DB876FC5F249F982A2D902F4
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Lmao TVF.

Look, Dunbar, this whole thread is filled with posts with you stating time and again that SEE is useless, that he's a waste of time, that he can hardly beat anything, and many more things and it all really just goes on repeat. I'm sorry if this seems condescending to you, but all your posts led me to draw the conclusion that you, must in fact have no clue in the whole wide world how to use your SEE.

SEE beats every GL on offense quite easily, including SLKR. He tears them all apart rather. You just have to use the right tool for the job, eh? You'll get it eventually.

EDIT: Oh and Dunbar, that bit about you being kind of a big deal in the sith discord just undermines your position, seeing as you still somehow think SEE is not awesome. I thought it was funny so I had to mention.
  • Options
    Ok this thread is now the definition of beating a dead horse, can we get a lock soon?
This discussion has been closed.