SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    While there have been many SEE videos, I feel like we’d have seen even more with how upset people seem to be

Some of us can't record due to various limitations. So the best we can do is take what experience we've gathered over many many tests. We have multi paragraph sections in this thread detailing all the faults with his kit and performance.

@Kyno seems to suggest that you need to provide videos if you want anything done. Plus, you have to have whatever is the correct modding and composition and play the match correctly.
  • Options
    While there have been many SEE videos, I feel like we’d have seen even more with how upset people seem to be

Some of us can't record due to various limitations. So the best we can do is take what experience we've gathered over many many tests. We have multi paragraph sections in this thread detailing all the faults with his kit and performance.

@Kyno seems to suggest that you need to provide videos if you want anything done. Plus, you have to have whatever is the correct modding and composition and play the match correctly.

That's why I refuse to make any videos really...

I don't want my mods or strategy ripped apart.

Honestly using a GL, you shouldn't need god mods, perfect strategy, and RNG to win...

If I want the match to be extremely difficult and need perfect mods, strategy, and RNG, ill load up my vader/wat counter to Rey or my Fives counter to SLKR. Much cheaper than investing in a GL l, and so far those counters work better. LOL
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno seems to suggest that you need to provide videos if you want anything done. Plus, you have to have whatever is the correct modding and composition and play the match correctly.

When have I said that is the only way to get things done?

When did I say you have to have that?
    Have I asked to provide supporting information to help whoever is going to advocate got them? Yes.

I have asked that players consider their team comp and modding. The gist question always asked, is can this be effected by mods or team comp.

No one is expecting 1 team comp or "whatever mods I have sitting around" to always do the job. They are not likely to take action on something that is not tested or that looks like it has things that can be changed.

As I have said, I am just trying to help. Dont believe me, ok.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno seems to suggest that you need to provide videos if you want anything done. Plus, you have to have whatever is the correct modding and composition and play the match correctly.

Have I asked to provide supporting information to help whoever is going to advocate got them? Yes.

I have asked that players consider their team comp and modding. The gist question always asked, is can this be effected by mods or team comp.

No one is expecting 1 team comp or "whatever mods I have sitting around" to always do the job. They are not likely to take action on something that is not tested or that looks like it has things that can be changed.

I don’t know why you think we don’t believe you.

That’s the impression I’ve gotten. Every time someone asks what’s being done you say something like “nothing to report. They’re watching it, but we need more videos.” Or “they aren’t seeing it, share videos.”
    Then most videos I’ve seen that are posted you don’t say “thanks” you say “this is wrong, that is wrong”. Which I’m not criticizing any of that, or saying you are incorrect. I’m just saying that was the impression I got. I’ve probably missed some responses of yours, again that’s why I said “seems to suggest”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That’s the impression I’ve gotten. Every time someone asks what’s being done you say something like “nothing to report. They’re watching it, but we need more videos.” Or “they aren’t seeing it, share videos.”
    Then most videos I’ve seen that are posted you don’t say “thanks” you say “this is wrong, that is wrong”. Which I’m not criticizing any of that, or saying you are incorrect. I’m just saying that was the impression I got. I’ve probably missed some responses of yours, again that’s why I said “seems to suggest”

I don't think I have said "they aren't seeing it ".

When did I say" that is wrong"?

You have said several things that I said, and they are not true. Please feel free to show a quote of any of those.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

You have said several things that I said, and they are not true. Please feel free to show a quote of any of those.

I used the quotation marks to help identify separation, But I used the phrase “something like” because I knew I wasn’t going to get it exact.
    But I have seen you say SOMETHING LIKE “they aren’t seeing X interaction, please send videos” on more than one occasion to things and I’ve seen you say SOMETHING LIKE “he played wrong in that video” “the mods are probably/seem wrong in that video” etc
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Did any of you guys seen the new JML "Jericho" comp? I highly suggest you to take a look at that on youtube.

https://youtu.be/gGrqCMAipts

I won't go in depth again about the flaws of SEE. But until now there was this one thing he was above average, countering jml.
    Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    It was posted when it came out. SEE being able to counter JML was always mostly a matter of a couple gimmicks and exploiting JML weaknesses (much as DR already does without SEE even in the squad), but team comp and better modding hardly made the battle insurmountable for Jedi--especially on offense here where the various Jedi abilities aren't left to the AI. And even if JML could use a tiny boost, he's pretty decent and the Jedi titan squad is pretty good. This Jedi nuke should basically work against almost anything, and of course there's nothing in SEE's almost Sidious-level leadership that would make SEE different.

Any other strong squad that comes down the pipe is also going to smash SEE. He's really only build right now to be good for a very very narrow scenario and if a strong enemy squad doesn't put itself in that specific situation (and, even better, forces SEE to kill the linked tank), SEE's totally exposed and he can get run over. I would use the phrase "caught with his pants down," but SEE's pants are basically always down by default.
  • Options
    Bora wrote: »
    Did any of you guys seen the new JML "Jericho" comp? I highly suggest you to take a look at that on youtube.

I won't go in depth again about the flaws of SEE. But until now there was this one thing he was above average, countering jml.
    Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

Yes that has been posted here before but its still a good reminder on how good JML is.

And before others come in and yell the "AI won't do that." Yes. your correct. That team runs very well on offense and acts like any other JML on defense.

But here you see on offense JML, with buffs, hitting 2 to 4 times the damage of SEE.

I fought a Rey last night, purposely drew out the battle to 4 1/2 minutes, used ultimate, then hit rey and JKR with his aoe shock. It hit rey for 60k x2 + the 60k true damage hit. It instantly killed her ally due to link. I then hit her (cause of course she lived) with a basic shock for another 50-60k when she was deceived.
    Running a CD triangle, speed set (to slow otherwise), and roughly 12k special offense.

Besides his JANKY kit his damage is pathetic. JML does more damage then him at baseline, has actual controlling debuffs, and can at least make his team better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I used the quotation marks to help identify separation, But I used the phrase “something like” because I knew I wasn’t going to get it exact.
    But I have seen you say SOMETHING LIKE “they aren’t seeing X interaction, please send videos” on more than one occasion to things and I’ve seen you say SOMETHING LIKE “he played wrong in that video” “the mods are probably/seem wrong in that video” etc

Ok, well, since I did not say those things, its possible your take on what I'm saying is based on your paraphrased snips of what you think I'm saying when I'm not.

Just to be clear, I never said they were or were not seeing something. I have asked for videos to pass along in support of statements made.

I never said anyone played it wrong, I tried to ask why it was played a certain way, when another seemed more viable. I never commented about someone mods, I did question why an ability was not upgraded.

If you are not interested in helping support your own cause, that's ok, no need. But dont act like I'm not trying to help get the information where it needs to go, while also trying to help work out details.
  • Options
    Someone found a way to beat Rey with SEE
    It involves 2 heros that have no synergy with SEE but it works

https://youtu.be/lwh8vggZd4s

Good for arena, bad for TW/GAC though because you need to break up your geos, BH, and sith teams to use it.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options

Ok, well, since I did not say those things, its possible your take on what I'm saying is based on your paraphrased snips of what you think I'm saying when I'm not.

Just to be clear, I never said they were or were not seeing something. I have asked for videos to pass along in support of statements made.

I never said anyone played it wrong, I tried to ask why it was played a certain way, when another seemed more viable. I never commented about someone mods, I did question why an ability was not upgraded.

If you are not interested in helping support your own cause, that's ok, no need. But dont act like I'm not trying to help get the information where it needs to go, while also trying to help work out details.

Are you reading someone else’s responses? This is getting confusing with you responding to things I’m not saying or accusing since the first reply.
  • Options
    Padme beats SEE (non ult)

We need more testing to see if padme can beat SEE with ultimate.

https://youtu.be/kdyuomYTYi4
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

more nonsense.
    LordDunbar wrote: »

Good for arena, bad for TW/GAC though because you need to break up your geos, BH, and sith teams to use it.

...like the other GL's?

As said before, at most a tweak and polishing of SEE's kit is welcomed, however all these nonsensical claims isn't going to help.

*EDIT for spelling
  • Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

more nonsense.

...like the other GL's?

While I agree that breaking up teams of titans is nothing new for GL's , I fail to see how a tank decimating a team led by a GL "devastating attacker" and controller is nonsense. What part of GML's kit suggests he should be able to deal four times SEE's base damage when Sith have synergy against Jedi?
  • Options

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

more nonsense.

...like the other GL's?

As said before, at most a tweak and polishing of SEE's kit is welcomed, however all these nonsensical claims isn't going to help.

*EDIT for spelling

If you cant see the problem with JML dealing more dmg in his second turn with an ability that has a 4 turn CD than SEEs ult AoE that has a CD of 20 and removes his only other usefull ability then youre either a jester or a fool.

Also, calling things nonsense doesnt automatically make it so. But i guess you cant be bothered with actually backing up anything you say or something like that 😒
  • Options
    That's what I don't get. Isn't JML a tank, and SEE supposedly a 'devastating attacker'?

Shouldn't SEE be hitting for more damage than a tank? Especially on a tank that has weakness to SEE as a Jedi?

For that matter, SEE should be hitting for more than Kylo... Kylo was not billed and hyped as a 'devastating attacker' that I can recall, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it because SEE has one ability that can instakill linked enemies? That makes sense. But it seems like you really need to get super lucky to get to use this ability in a match. Yes? What are the flaws with this?

I am not being rhetorical with these questions, I am trying to piece together what I am hearing.

• Options
    While I agree that breaking up teams of titans is nothing new for GL's , I fail to see how a tank decimating a team led by a GL "devastating attacker" and controller is nonsense. What part of GML's kit suggests he should be able to deal four times SEE's base damage when Sith have synergy against Jedi?

...so are we now declaring JML is overpowered, in the "SEE definitely needs a buff" thread? ...we'll put that on the list too.

There are multiple (3 or 4 currently) SEE comps in top 10-15 of the arena shard I am on...but always "another" reason they're there, or just dismissed. Complete with exaggerated claims of broken promises and game mechanics that were never given, and game ending demands or people will quit/never spend another dollar.
    SLKR is a beast in pvp, AND can solo HSTR...maybe we should buff Rey so she can also solo HSTR too? I mean, that's only fair as many did spend a lot of money on her.

I'm all for a tweak / polish to SEE's kit, but the ****-and-vinegar attitude from some in the community isn't going to help. It's been said many times that SEE's performance is being monitored and making sure he's WAI. It really is hard to know what "WAI" means, as I don't remember reading he's supposed to beat this or that GL, solo whatever raid, and do whatever damage...

• Options

I get what your saying but a lot of the time your context easily comes off as questioning whether SEE needs a buff or something needs to shift. It does period. Even when using counters to JML its rough, and definitely not garunteed win.

Here is the absolutely nauseating fear myself and others have: We invested in him. Time, money etc. In his current state there are no outs for him to compete or define a meta as more and more JMLs flood shard tops. On top of that compare SEEs team synergy in and out of leads. JKL is literally a galactic legend himself. Add GAS and JKR, Bast leads. The one shots that go out along side of the survivability. Ive noticed Jedi teams are just monsters because of what they have access to.

The videos are constant. For the not quite whaling people we had a choice to make and right now a lot of us are being made to feel we made the wrong one. Please dont counter with you should have "waited". Metas shift over night and we were under the impression this GL would perform. We can speculate mods, comp, strategies, but thst means little unless we are assuming the 18 counters are all destroying him. Many people have already said it: We are ok with him being absolutely atrocious on D, he just appears garbage on O.

Again people feel like youre saying get good contextually through your statements.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    If you cant see the problem with JML dealing more dmg in his second turn with an ability that has a 4 turn CD than SEEs ult AoE that has a CD of 20 and removes his only other usefull ability then youre either a jester or a fool.

Also, calling things nonsense doesnt automatically make it so. But i guess you cant be bothered with actually backing up anything you say or something like that 😒

I started to try and help and post 1 of 4 SEE comps in my arena shard, and they're dismissed, so didn't bother with mods, other comps, etc. And let's hold off on personal jabs...I've also already stated that SEE could use a polishing / tweak to his kit...what else more do you want? To be a whiney a**hole like most of you here? We've already been told SEE is being actively monitored and they're collecting data... If his kit is going to be changed, I'm sure they'd like to do it once and make it the way they intended. I'm fine with that. I was happy with SLKR's adjustment, and I trust the same will be done to SEE if/where needed.
  • Options
    There are multiple (3 or 4 currently) SEE comps in top 10-15 of the arena shard I am on...but always "another" reason they're there, or just dismissed.

With all due respect my friend, I understand your observation. As well, in my arena top 20, there are now 3 people that have SEE, and I occasionally see them in the top 20. However, now I check, and the same people that have SEE, are using other GLs to climb and hold. In below screenshot for example, number 1 guy has three GLs (including SEE). I've seen him use SEE a handful of times, but mostly no.

qnc62xskq4hb.jpg
    xfo5glg50aaa.jpg

I think what we are seeing, is that the SEE owners in the top 20 (or top 10, or whatever) are players that own mutiple GLs, and they are just using SEE temporarily sometimes to either test him out, keep things interesting, or maybe even to fall a little bit in the rankings to allow different people in the ShardMafia™ to get their payout.

The reality is, I am monitoring the top 20 constantly and I am not seeing anyone use SEE to climb or hold. Always the SEE is used briefly l, and either falls or is quickly replaced by another GL of the same player.

• Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

I attempted to post comps and gather mod info on the 4 SEE's that finish top 3 in my arena shard, but quickly got dismissed before I could gather more info and not going to waste my time. It's already been stated that SEE's performance is being monitored. I'm sure when they have the data they need, they would like to apply what's needed in the right places, one time. They did a great job with SLKR, and I would expect the same with SEE.

No need for personal jabs, I've already stated I think SEE's kit could use a tweak/polish.

• Options
    @Starl0rd you having a weak shard doesnt really prove anything. And you should probably watch your attitude, or Kyno will delete your next comment too 😉

• Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    With all due respect my friend, I understand your observation. As well, in my arena top 20, there are now 3 people that have SEE, and I occasionally see them in the top 20. However, now I check, and the same people that have SEE, are using other GLs to climb and hold. In below screenshot for example, number 1 guy has three GLs (including SEE). I've seen him use SEE a handful of times, but mostly no.

I think what we are seeing, is that the SEE owners in the top 20 (or top 10, or whatever) are players that own mutiple GLs, and they are just using SEE temporarily sometimes to either test him out, keep things interesting, or maybe even to fall a little bit in the rankings to allow different people in the ShardMafia™ to get their payout.

The reality is, I am monitoring the top 20 constantly and I am not seeing anyone use SEE to climb or hold. Always the SEE is used briefly l, and either falls or is quickly replaced by another GL of the same player.

Quite possible (all of your suggestions)...of the 4 SEE owners, 2 of them don't use him regularly, the other 2 do. How many in your shard have SEE?
  • Options

I attempted to post comps and gather mod info on the 4 SEE's that finish top 3 in my arena shard, but quickly got dismissed before I could gather more info and not going to waste my time with this crowd. It's already been stated that SEE's performance is being monitored. I'm sure when they have the data they need, they would like to apply what's needed in the right places, one time. They did a great job with SLKR, and I would expect the same with SEE.

No need for personal jabs, I've already stated I think SEE's kit could use a tweak/polish.

Thank you, sir. I know everyone here has their various opinions on what needs to happen with SEE. Personally, on my accord, I believe SEE to only need a touch up to his kit as well to make him a little bit more versatile and deal a little more damage. So we are in a stage of mutual agreement there, I believe. Others may see things differently and want to see the Sith Eternal Emperor as strong as Kylo. Well I would welcome that as well, it really is going to come down to what CG decides to do. Perhaps somewhere in the middle of the road between both desires would eventually be the best solution.
  • Options
    @Starl0rd you having a weak shard doesnt really prove anything. And you should probably watch your attitude, or Kyno will delete your next comment too 😉

..I really don't have an attitude outside of stating what's on my mind. I've read a lot of attitude here from some, when people should put that aside and discuss the technicalities.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dkfusion wrote: »

I get what your saying but a lot of the time your context easily comes off as questioning whether SEE needs a buff or something needs to shift. It does period.

which is why I have said multiple times that I agree with this position, and i would even go as far to say in every post where i have questioned anything.

so if someone wants to take it that way, even when i say the opposite, then that seems to be based on what they want me to be saying vs what I am saying.
  • Options

..I really don't have an attitude outside of stating what's on my mind. I've read a lot of attitude here from some, when people should put that aside and discuss the technicalities.

Shouting profanities and calling everyone whining ****, like your comment did before you edited it, isnt an attitude? Its hard reading things like that and not taking you for someone who doesnt just want SEE to be bad to make the game easier for you.
  • Options

Shouting profanities and calling everyone whining ****, like your comment did before you edited it, isnt an attitude? Its hard reading things like that and not taking you for someone who doesnt just want SEE to be bad to make the game easier for you.

He said he agrees SEE needs a tweak or touch-up, that's good enough for me.

So you can see from this thread, that, even the players a bit biased against SEE know that our dark lord is not performing as well as he should be, no matter how minor or major.
  • Options

You've taken a few subtle personal jabs yourself...and I wasn't "shouting profanities AND calling everyone..."

It's been said multiple times in this thread, by Kyno, that SEE's performance is being monitored. Instead of coming here to gather any info or read up on what's happening so far, it's the same constant rhetoric.

This discussion has been closed.