SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Options
    dgree wrote: »
    I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

So, not sure what'll happen, but they're taking a deeper dive based on player sentiment (meaning you're being heard).

I'm pretty sure you cannot say this, but I guess it is not wrong to ask and hoping for an answer. How long does roughly take the devs to do this kind of process? Thx by the way for some sort of update even though it doesn't really change the situation at all.

I don't think there's any telling. That they somehow released SEE focusing on nerfing him out the box, without testing, and without anticipating the mistakes they made not understanding his weaknesses and compensating them with strengths, for a brand new meta galactic legend... this is probably unprecedented.

They totally dropped the ball on SEE and picking it back up and figuring stuff out--if they want to do anything at all, or are allowed to--is going to take time, especially when it's not a priority. No good precedent, and not a priority? That's really not the sort of thing you can get a good estimate for.

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for a Sheev fix at all. But for such a large company, processing large data sets shouldn't take that long imo. It is what it is tho. We might have Sith month in February next year :D
  • Options
    I also now have see ftp. I'm not even mad though. I got use out of him (or at least his requirements) and he does ok in arena.

I really didn't expect much more than that. The assualt battles and linked not removing protection bothers me more than anything to be honest.

Well I'm mostly in agreement with you.

Personally I feel SEE is fine in Arena, which is good since that's the only thing he's useful for. I don't understand everyone's hangups on Arena. A little bit of better defensive capabilities would be nice for his team so he can hold a bit better; it doesnt6 affect me personally though because I have the aforementioned agreement with my shard mates where they try not to attack me.

My problem with SEE is mostly that he's a liability in GA and TW. But that kind of ties in with the above point about making his teammates able to survive better. If you could finish TW and GA battles with the whole team alive instead of only SEE alive, the banners would be worth it.

I don't think giving SEE's teammates a lot more survivability will really change any outcomes of a matchup, it will just help you get more banners. If a SEE is vs. a JML for example, it's not going to matter if SEE's teammates are alive or dead by the end of the round, SEE is still going to win. It's just you would win with more banners. If you understand what I mean.

As it is now, SEE's teammates are just warm bodies who's only purpose seems to be dying to prolong the match until SEE get's his ultimate. Rey, SLKR, will pick them off and kill them in 1 hit every turn. Same with JKL and GAS under JML. They all die way too easily.

My other problem with SEE is his damage output. He is billed as a Devastating Attacker by CG's own words, but he hits for less damage pre-ultimate than most heros in the game, and post-ultimate is still behind Rey and SLKR for damage.

But I'm totally fine with his damage output where it is in PvP. But it needs a severe boost in PvE. It's just an unbelievable discrepancy that Immense Attacker SLKR can solo the entire sith raid, but Devastating Attacker SEE can't even get more than 6-9 million in a single phase. I think this ties in a lot with what you want to see in Assault Battles; better PvE usability.

• Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    im a week away from unlocking him

so buffing him a week from now would be great
  • Options
    The biggest issue for me as to why SEE isnt on par with other GLs is just how atrocious he is in GAC/TW. Easily beaten by lower tier teams on defense, and his offensive battles against anyone other than Jedi or lower tier squads often results in losing most of the team, making it inefficient on banners. The other GLs do a hell of a lot better in that regard in almost all matchups. Not a handfull.

And the thing is....he doesnt even really benefit from killing his allies. A team wide heal and cleanse is nice I guess....but its not all that often that healing the whole team after the tank dies is actually that impactful. Losing allies doesnt supercharge SEE. It just slows down the rate at which the rest die.
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    I also now have see ftp. I'm not even mad though. I got use out of him (or at least his requirements) and he does ok in arena.

I really didn't expect much more than that. The assualt battles and linked not removing protection bothers me more than anything to be honest.

Personally I feel SEE is fine in Arena, which is good since that's the only thing he's useful for. I don't understand everyone's hangups on Arena. A little bit of better defensive capabilities would be nice for his team so he can hold a bit better; it doesnt6 affect me personally though because I have the aforementioned agreement with my shard mates where they try not to attack me.

My problem with SEE is mostly that he's a liability in GA and TW. But that kind of ties in with the above point about making his teammates able to survive better. If you could finish TW and GA battles with the whole team alive instead of only SEE alive, the banners would be worth it.

I don't think giving SEE's teammates a lot more survivability will really change any outcomes of a matchup, it will just help you get more banners. If a SEE is vs. a JML for example, it's not going to matter if SEE's teammates are alive or dead by the end of the round, SEE is still going to win. It's just you would win with more banners. If you understand what I mean.

As it is now, SEE's teammates are just warm bodies who's only purpose seems to be dying to prolong the match until SEE get's his ultimate. Rey, SLKR, will pick them off and kill them in 1 hit every turn. Same with JKL and GAS under JML. They all die way too easily.

My other problem with SEE is his damage output. He is billed as a Devastating Attacker by CG's own words, but he hits for less damage pre-ultimate than most heros in the game, and post-ultimate is still behind Rey and SLKR for damage.

But I'm totally fine with his damage output where it is in PvP. But it needs a severe boost in PvE. It's just an unbelievable discrepancy that Immense Attacker SLKR can solo the entire sith raid, but Devastating Attacker SEE can't even get more than 6-9 million in a single phase. I think this ties in a lot with what you want to see in Assault Battles; better PvE usability.

I haven't really used mine in gac yet so can't judge a lot there. Mine was g11 with no Zetas last round. I put him on defense with maul and sideous to at least force my opponent to use a decent team to go after him.

I think he has some viability in gac though. The soloing of gas teams is worth something. Though situational.

And as far as I know, it takes a good counter or a GL to beat him so he should have some defensive viability. Though admittedly you probably need either sith empire or triumvirate for that. But if you put him with garbage sith, there is the chance your opponent will underestimate him.
  • Options
    And we are all forgetting the biggest point here that definitely needs to be fixed; how SLKR and Rey can SOLO a SEE team and win.

We'd all like to see SEE get more viability in PvE, hold better in Arena, survive better in TW/GA, get damage boost, etc ...

But please for the love of god, a Galactic Legend should not be able to be solo'd!! If nothing else, please fix this CG!
  • Options
    Many people have gone to court fighting these types of things. Look at all the new laws for video games in the recent years. If you can prove SEE isnt up to the advertising you will easily win. Plenty of cases to prove it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    And we are all forgetting the biggest point here that definitely needs to be fixed; how SLKR and Rey can SOLO a SEE team and win.

We'd all like to see SEE get more viability in PvE, hold better in Arena, survive better in TW/GA, get damage boost, etc ...

But please for the love of god, a Galactic Legend should not be able to be solo'd!! If nothing else, please fix this CG!

I think the best fix to this would simply be replacing the linked ability with an instant kill ability if there aren't any enemies to link. And program the ai to use it.

I also think that if a linked enemy is killed, the remaining linked enemy should get a "broken link" debuff until see links someone else. Basically just leave the attributes of linked on the remaining enemy. You could let it expire after a few turns if see doesn't link anyone else even.

Basically a way to not punish you for linking two threats and then killing one of them as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Many people have gone to court fighting these types of things. Look at all the new laws for video games in the recent years. If you can prove SEE isnt up to the advertising you will easily win. Plenty of cases to prove it.

Yeah, yet in a game with 500k active players, noone did that...for some reason.
  • Options

I haven't really used mine in gac yet so can't judge a lot there. Mine was g11 with no Zetas last round. I put him on defense with maul and sideous to at least force my opponent to use a decent team to go after him.

I think he has some viability in gac though. The soloing of gas teams is worth something. Though situational.

And as far as I know, it takes a good counter or a GL to beat him so he should have some defensive viability. Though admittedly you probably need either sith empire or triumvirate for that. But if you put him with garbage sith, there is the chance your opponent will underestimate him.

In 3v3 GA he has some limited use, afaik only other GLs can beat him in 3v3, maybe Vader and Wat can too idk.

In 5v5 GA (and TW by extent) his usefulness goes way down, since he can be beat by f2p teams like troopers, geos, ns, etc.

On the offensive side, yeah it's cool he can solo GAS (actually I tried this once and lost, the video of him doing that must have been vs. a weak GAS team), but is it worth the huge investment in a GL like him for such limited and situational functions? I think not.
  • Options

In 3v3 GA he has some limited use, afaik only other GLs can beat him in 3v3, maybe Vader and Wat can too idk.

In 5v5 GA (and TW by extent) his usefulness goes way down, since he can be beat by f2p teams like troopers, geos, ns, etc.

On the offensive side, yeah it's cool he can solo GAS (actually I tried this once and lost, the video of him doing that must have been vs. a weak GAS team), but is it worth the huge investment in a GL like him for such limited and situational functions? I think not.

I look at it in terms of characters that I had to relic that I wouldn't have otherwise. That makes it more palatable to me at least. Only 5 characters instead of 15. And I even get limited use out of maul and sideous in tb.

That's why I'm reluctant on going for Rey and Kylo. I just don't like the sequels so for me the requirements seem more steep. And there are hardly any events that require resistance or fo.
  • Options

I think the best fix to this would simply be replacing the linked ability with an instant kill ability if there aren't any enemies to link. And program the ai to use it.

This sounds OP but it makes sense.

If you are trying to prevent Rey or SLKR from soloing SEE, then just instakill them from the get-go. Boom, problem solved.

Make this instakill only work pre-ultimate, so that it can't be used in 5v5 matchups.

(If you manage to kill an entire Rey, JML, or SLKR team before SEE gets ultimate, congrats, you did the impossible and won the match anyway).

• Options
    As of now, I haven't been able to win uSEE with any variation of JML.
    (please dont post the jericho, fast traya destroys it).
    If you get him buffed, what's gonna happen on the JML vs SEE fight? SEE always win but JML never?
    And don't get me wrong, SEE needs a buff.
  • Options

MaruMaru wrote: »

Most typical players don't care or don't want to spend the lawyer fees. I know I've dabbled in the thought process a few times. Especially in this case. There's plenty of ammo for SEE being less then on par along with CG stating that they we're "equal in power to the previous ones." when they clearly are not.
  • Options

If you are trying to prevent Rey or SLKR from soloing SEE, then just instakill them from the get-go. Boom, problem solved.

Make this instakill only work pre-ultimate, so that it can't be used in 5v5 matchups.

(If you manage to kill an entire Rey, JML, or SLKR team before SEE gets ultimate, congrats, you did the impossible and won the match anyway).

Or just limit it to the first turn even. Solves the solo problem and can't be used if the opponent has more than 1 character
  • Options
    pånøs wrote: »
    If you get him buffed, what's gonna happen on the JML vs SEE fight? SEE always win but JML never?

I'm fine with them nerfing SEE vs. JML if it means buffing SEE vs. Rey and SLKR, and buffing SEE in raids/PvE.

As it is now, it's boring fighting JML and just hitting auto on every match. A little bit of challenge would be nice.

However, I don't want that taken away yet, since beating JML is the *only* thing SEE is good at... Presently.

• Options
    Shiryu wrote: »

Most typical players don't care or don't want to spend the lawyer fees. I know I've dabbled in the thought process a few times. Especially in this case. There's plenty of ammo for SEE being less then on par along with CG stating that they we're "equal in power to the previous ones." when they clearly are not.

They don't sell see, they only sell resources that can lead to it.
  • Options

Personally as long as there are counters available, I'm ok with one GL being near impossible to beat with another. SEE being near impossible to beat with jml is ok. As is kylo being near impossible to beat with SEE and jml being near impossible to beat with kylo.

I actually like that dynamic. So if they buffed see, I think jml may need a touch up as well.
  • Options

Or just limit it to the first turn even. Solves the solo problem and can't be used if the opponent has more than 1 character

Does anyone know if SEE can be "duo'd" yet? I suspect that even if SEE is up against 2 enemies he would still have a hard time winning? Yeah his link would work (until you kill one of them) but he also would not gain hardly any ultimate charge with only 2 enemies ??
  • Options

With the money some people drop, I'm surprised more of them don't want to mess with lawyer fees.
  • Options

Not a good solution as people will just use Wat/Rey or Wat/SLKR or Wat/SEE to achieve the same results.
  • Options

Does anyone know if SEE can be "duo'd" yet? I suspect that even if SEE is up against 2 enemies he would still have a hard time winning? Yeah his link would work (until you kill one of them) but he also would not gain hardly any ultimate charge with only 2 enemies ??

The broken link idea for a fix would help that.
  • Options

Yes and that is 100% intentional. No you can't sue CG for how you decided to use the resources but yeah you can still seek a refund thru Google or Apple
  • Options

Yes and that is 100% intentional. No you can't sue CG for how you decided to use the resources but yeah you can still seek a refund thru Google or Apple

Yup, that was my whole point. And you can get such a refund whether your rationale has some merit or not. The stores will be super fine as long as it's a minority that does this. It's not like store personell knows anything about the internalities of the games.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Personally as long as there are counters available, I'm ok with one GL being near impossible to beat with another. SEE being near impossible to beat with jml is ok. As is kylo being near impossible to beat with SEE and jml being near impossible to beat with kylo.

I actually like that dynamic. So if they buffed see, I think jml may need a touch up as well.

I personally find it impossible. Without the near, and that triggers me. Now that we only have 4 GL it should be easy to balance them out. Tomorrow when we have 20, i'd understand that X can't beat Y.
  • Options

You absolutely can sue them for false advertising. You may not win but that doesn't stop a lot of people.
  • Options

I personally find it impossible. Without the near, and that triggers me. Now that we only have 4 GL it should be easy to balance them out. Tomorrow when we have 20, i'd understand that X can't beat Y.

You're triggered to easily then. It's just a game. I can't beat kylo with see. I haven't even had a lot of luck against Rey with see. I use another team that I worked on to counter them if I see them in arena. Much better than getting all triggered.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I think GML needs a fix - his ult is too hard to activate or I'd say nearly impossible. You either win or loose before the time u can 'transform'
  • Options
    dgree wrote: »
    I checked in to get an update. Nothing major to report, but the devs are in the process of looking at data and analytics, and will likely be contrasting that info with the other GLs to see how things measure up.

So, not sure what'll happen, but they're taking a deeper dive based on player sentiment (meaning you're being heard).

Appreciate the non-update update. Unfortunately a lack of good news is when you're needed the most.
    kit will still be a clunky mess and he'll still be useless in most if not all places.

Yeh. He's really only good in Arena (only because he's a hard counter to JML and there's so many JMLs), and even there, he's not the dominant force. If this GL drop didn't have JML or SEE didn't counter him, can anyone honestly say that SEE is on par or has any use in the game at all? Thank the lord he can at least do 1 thing fairly well. But he needs to be able to do more.

"There are so many JMLs"

Man I wish. If there were I wouldn't have the problem I have in arena where 35-40 of the top 50 are Kylos. So everyone saying "at least he's great in arena" are cordially invited to bite my **** because I have gotten absolutely nothing out of being one of the first to unlock him. I mean zilch. I already had plenty of 4/4 DS Geo teams and could already beat all the Assault Battles he's involved in. So yeah, I'm a little bitter about it
  • Options
    Tattz wrote: »
    If they buffed him to immortality then what about the SLKR, Rey and JML owners 🤷‍♂️

He needs to be on par with the other GLs as advertised otherwise it is false advertising and CG could be forced to refund people's money.

Lmao, good luck with that.

I did it before when CG gave everyone bonus shards by mistake for a hero (I think it was malak?) and I unlocked him to 7 stars and spent $200 on gear to take him straight to g12. Then when they took the shards back and reverted him back to 6 stars I requested refund through Google and they approved. I will probably do the same here with SEE. Maybe.

Yeah, soooo...cg won't refund money on things like this, the stores will as long as you risk your account in the process.

Really? What's the process? I would absolutely give my account up today if it meant I could get the money I spent back from the GL announcement to here
This discussion has been closed.