3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    The majority of people didn't want a cap increase before the combat change, and no one wanted to grind more gear, so what do we get?

Cap increase and more grinding gear...
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

So I'm a whale, I have spent around 2K € on this game since I started playing in early January.
    That's not a problem for me, I can afford it and I've been playing the game in ways I that made me enjoy it up to now. If I didn't enjoy it I obviously wouldn't pay or play.

I could afford to keep on buying crystals to continue starring up, leveling and gearing up my toons, money isn't an issue.

But... I won't.

Why? Because buying crystals just so I get to hit the sim button ad nauseam to gather hundreds of gear components that drop somewhere around 20% just isn't fun...

On top of that, if I understand correctly, under the 80 cap, some toons will be able to gear up while many won't.
    Since the new gear requirements will be so difficult to meet, you will be making it almost impossible for players to raise multiple toons/teams, you should at least make sure that those we have been farming and gearing up for months are not left behind because of such discrepancy between gear requirement and availability...

Games should be fun by definition, they should be entertaining, that's their entire purpose.
    They should also be challenging and rewarding.

Adding more gear grind to gear up will achieve the exact opposite, turning fun into frustration, entertainment into a pointless, redundant, boring chore which is neither challenging nor rewarding.
    Even someone like me who could refresh all day won't find anything fun, entertaining, challenging or rewarding at all in this tedious process...

It will be even worse for those who can't or won't pay to play, and I have nothing but respect for these guys who grind it out everyday strictly on free ressources at a snails pace that I would never find the patience for. Hats off to you guys for keeping it up.

The reaction is pretty unanimous about this upcoming gear update, I have read every single post in this thread, nobody, nobody is going " Yay, we get to grind out more gear components!" quite the opposite...

And about this;
    "Hey Everyone, While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future."

More ways to acquire gear... That's not what players/customers/investors/funders want.
    Acquiring gears is the least interesting aspect of the game, it's redundant, frustrating and boring.

I usually stay away from these type of threads, my thoughts are that a company like EA is professional and experimented enough to know how to develop its games but it's obvious to everybody that has posted here that this announced gear update is not the way to improve the game.

So if I and so many others took time to express their views on this it's because they care about a game they've invested time and money into.
    It's also a cry to the devs not to break the game they love, not to turn fun into frustration.

Remember that people posting in this forum are only the tip of the iceberg, for everybody posting here, there are thousands thinking the same but not expressing it.

Consider this a poll, where 99.99% of the surveyed players strongly dislike the upcoming gear update.

Math is very simple, if you keep ignoring you players/customers opinions, you will lose many of them.
    Some play for free, some pay to play but all play to have some fun.

Regards and may the Force be with you, you will need it!

+1 Hope someone of EA will read this. 1h till their working day starts.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @DarthPaiMei
    i fully agree with what you said, but im afraid, they dont care anything about it ... by the time, 1 (so called) whale gets to level 70+ and finds out, that there is no fun left anymore in this game and quits, 10+ other "whales" just started to p(l)ay ... I see this in almost every game i played in past ... its fun until "high-level" and from there, its just an endless/pointless grind like they try to force ppl to quit ... just too sad ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

So I'm a whale, I have spent around 2K € on this game since I started playing in early January.
    That's not a problem for me, I can afford it and I've been playing the game in ways I that made me enjoy it up to now. If I didn't enjoy it I obviously wouldn't pay or play.

I could afford to keep on buying crystals to continue starring up, leveling and gearing up my toons, money isn't an issue.

But... I won't.

Why? Because buying crystals just so I get to hit the sim button ad nauseam to gather hundreds of gear components that drop somewhere around 20% just isn't fun...

On top of that, if I understand correctly, under the 80 cap, some toons will be able to gear up while many won't.
    Since the new gear requirements will be so difficult to meet, you will be making it almost impossible for players to raise multiple toons/teams, you should at least make sure that those we have been farming and gearing up for months are not left behind because of such discrepancy between gear requirement and availability...

Games should be fun by definition, they should be entertaining, that's their entire purpose.

Adding more gear grind to gear up will achieve the exact opposite, turning fun into frustration, entertainment into a pointless, redundant, boring chore which is neither challenging nor rewarding.
    Even someone like me who could refresh all day won't find anything fun, entertaining, challenging or rewarding at all in this tedious process...

It will be even worse for those who can't or won't pay to play, and I have nothing but respect for these guys who grind it out everyday strictly on free ressources at a snails pace that I would never find the patience for. Hats off to you guys for keeping it up.

The reaction is pretty unanimous about this upcoming gear update, I have read every single post in this thread, nobody, nobody is going " Yay, we get to grind out more gear components!" quite the opposite...

And about this;
    "Hey Everyone, While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future."

More ways to acquire gear... That's not what players/customers/investors/funders want.
    Acquiring gears is the least interesting aspect of the game, it's redundant, frustrating and boring.

I usually stay away from these type of threads, my thoughts are that a company like EA is professional and experimented enough to know how to develop its games but it's obvious to everybody that has posted here that this announced gear update is not the way to improve the game.

So if I and so many others took time to express their views on this it's because they care about a game they've invested time and money into.
    It's also a cry to the devs not to break the game they love, not to turn fun into frustration.

Remember that people posting in this forum are only the tip of the iceberg, for everybody posting here, there are thousands thinking the same but not expressing it.

Consider this a poll, where 99.99% of the surveyed players strongly dislike the upcoming gear update.

Math is very simple, if you keep ignoring you players/customers opinions, you will lose many of them.

Tbh, i was wondering how whales spend so much money in this game. There are some whales in my shard, but they use the same team in arena as everyone. (QGJ/Dooku) And as far as i'm concerned, Squad Arena is the only thing in this game. GW is a chore farm, and beyond that everything is sim. Now if with 100$ you could buy a 7* hero , max lvl and gear that can be used instantly, that i can understand. But to spend money for heroes lvl 1, with lvl 1 skills and no gear, that bugs me. On other games, like Hearthstone, HotS, when you buy something, it's usable right away. Especially now with lvl cap + gear change, the pricing in this game became atrocious! You'll have to farm a lot more gear and training droids + credits, just to get a hero that you bought with real money, playable. And with the current balance, sadly, more than half heroes aren't playable.

EDIT: Sorry for derailing a bit, but to resume what i wanted to say : The heroes that you people bought with real money, they just became a bit more unavailable with this update. Meaning it will take extra effort to be able to play them again, because of the increase of the farming that required. Financially speaking, this change just dropped the value of packs that were bought with real money.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    still no news of when the update will arrive?

I mean come on. don't keep us in suspense.

They said about 4 or 5 times: Thursday between 1-6 PST. Not sure why you can't grasp this. There is a lot to be annoyed about with the update, but drop day/time has been fairly well communicated for at least the past 24 hours.

@Nikoms565

So it's 1pm-6pm PST so it's tomorrow for me.

Just needed to confirm as I have XP banked.

I am terrible at the time zone conversions.

@SpeedWeed it's 8-13 hours from right now (whatever the time stamp is on THIS post). Plus about 7 minutes.

@Nikoms565

Much appreciated
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @DarthPaiMei I am sure that there are many whales that feel just like you feel. I don't think there's a player whale, low p2p or f2p that wants this. I am f2p and even if it's a slow grind it has been ok up until this point. I agree with absolutely everything in your post, very well said!
  • Options
    Pretty disappointed. I don't have yoda to craft his gear piece. And no hair driers to craft furnaces. Im holding out hope that these 50x required gear pieces will be heavily dropped in the next tier of the challenges
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    still no news of when the update will arrive?

I mean come on. don't keep us in suspense.

They said about 4 or 5 times: Thursday between 1-6 PST. Not sure why you can't grasp this. There is a lot to be annoyed about with the update, but drop day/time has been fairly well communicated for at least the past 24 hours.

@Nikoms565

So it's 1pm-6pm PST so it's tomorrow for me.

Just needed to confirm as I have XP banked.

I am terrible at the time zone conversions.

@SpeedWeed it's 8-13 hours from right now (whatever the time stamp is on THIS post). Plus about 7 minutes.

@Nikoms565

Much appreciated

No problem. Every now and then I can be helpful ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    LemurLepke wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

This post is perfect. I love this game. I've spent a lot of money on this game and I'm totally okay with it. But if the grind changes are as bad as they seem, I'm going to have to seriously reconsider my relationship with this game.

Yep. I'll give it a try. But I think this could be the beginning of the end for me too. I haven't spent thousands yet, but I have spent hundreds and was planning on spending more. However, we need more ways for this game to be played not simed. It's just not that fun anymore, seems more like work.
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Wait I'm confused a little.. Why is everyone so upset about the gear changes.... I am making the assumption that this also changes the stats of the gear. I am guessing this is the easiest way for EA to change a char stats to where they want them to be.... its what they did to IG-100 to give him more health, they do it by changing the gear on a char. I am a F2P but honestly the only thing really left to do or the "end game" content as of now is to grind gear.. without that we have nothing so I'm meh about it. Yes I am currently grinding the famus stun cuffs and its slow but if I didn't have that to do on a daily bases I would have nothing and would probably stop altogether.

BINGO
  • Options
    I agree with @DarthPaiMei - that's a very well written post!
  • Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Well I managed to get 3 callers and 2 furnaces. I had to blow through all of my crystals between last night and today to finish off the last few peices. So if this ends up being an April fools thing in done. If my crafted peices somehow aren't usable, I'm done. I really enjoy playing the game(gear grind is my only major issue) and felt like I was mostly prepared for the update, before I read about the gear changes. I have been mostly FTP up to this point and was waiting for this update to see if it would be worth investing some coin in this game, but if I am investing in a gear grind only I'll stick to my mostly FTP.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So, anyone finding themselves currently grinding Mark 1 stun cuffs and bacta gels? :)

I just farmed 40 bacta gels so I could have 3 MK5 arakyd droid caller. Took 900 energy or so!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future.

Thank you! At least that says you hear us! I don't mind grinding I just don't want to feel like I hop on this game to spend sim tickets and leave. I'd rather do more attacks in arena, galatic war and hopefully something else because those two modes only last an hour of my day.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    So, anyone finding themselves currently grinding Mark 1 stun cuffs and bacta gels? :)

I just farmed 40 bacta gels so I could have 3 MK5 arakyd droid caller. Took 900 energy or so!

I was lucky enough to have quite a few of those already. One of Rey's nodes drops them, and before that I got a few farming Barriss.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    We should all start insisting on grinding more gear and more frequent level cap increases and no new content then maybe they will carry on doing the opposite of what everyone asks for and we can point them in the direction that won't kill this game we all love.
    Honestly every update is more boring, more useless and more money hungry than the last.
    It's like they intentionally want to annoy their customers or they simply cannot understand that games are meant to be fun, not a mundane, boring chore. Honestly CG/EA you suck!
  • Options
    My Geonosian Solider is going to be dropping +15% damage now

Boom
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Okay after reading this I can see its cause quite the excretion storm...
    I myself don't seem to impressed but this move, but some patience will go a long way. Let's see what happens when the update kicks in first I say.
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    Okay after reading this I can see its cause quite the excretion storm...
    I myself don't seem to impressed but this move, but some patience will go a long way. Let's see what happens when the update kicks in first I say.

But make sure to farm some MK3 Astro Gel so that when the time comes to bend over you don't get burned.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    but some patience will go a long way. Let's see what happens when the update kicks in first I say.

Be careful using those words...you will be called a troll.

It's refreshing to see someone that actually gets it
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't even be that annoyed about the gear changes if the new gear added was craftable /usable at LVL 80 but it's all 81,82 which means those who haven't gotten furnaces yet will have toons stuck on gear 8 until the lvl 90 cap raise
  • Options
    my goodness

lots of posts on this thread lol
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Hey I found this in an old post, CG said they are reading our posts and listen to us. So there is hope that the equipment change won't be released in the patch if we don't want it ;-)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/31389/#Comment_31389
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    so is update still scheduled for in 7/8 hours?
  • Options
    I wouldn't even be that annoyed about the gear changes if the new gear added was craftable /usable at LVL 80 but it's all 81,82 which means those who haven't gotten furnaces yet will have toons stuck on gear 8 until the lvl 90 cap raise

I would hope that would be adjusted so we can farm the gear before 81, 82

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Thats my only hope that it is a bad joke.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options

Hopefully, would be ridiculous to make a piece of gear that's craftable now un-craftable until the lvl 90 increase
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options

Hopefully, would be ridiculous to make a piece of gear that's craftable now un-craftable until the lvl 90 increase

We need the items with lvl 73/74 but the first new stages are unlock later. So there will be a big advance for the people who craft them before the patch.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • tele
    7 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse

But... I won't.

And about this;

My thoughts exactly however more Eloquently worded!