3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Branmark wrote: »
    Perhaps we all should wait for the actual update to drop before we all cry "the sky is falling".

This is fine. It's the healthy perspective. It's optimism when maybe past history suggests we should be otherwise.

And I agree with the post upthread that points out that new gear means new builds for old characters which suggests making different characters playable. Which is great and healthy for the longterm!

But grinding 50 purple gear at ~20% drop rate sucks! A lot! And maybe we'll get some out of the challenges and maybe there'll be a mysterious new way to acquire these gear that doesn't suck! But that still sort of misses the point.

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse was active in the forum 30min ago, hope there will be a statement.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    The update is coming in 10 minutes !
  • Options
    people complain about these things because they have been around long enough to know that none of these changes end well for the player, if the devs actually released a change in this game that didnt completely make things harder for the player i'd have a little more faith but so far their track record is not good
  • Options
    Branmark wrote: »
    Perhaps we all should wait for the actual update to drop before we all cry "the sky is falling".

Haven't been around for the previous patches then?
  • Options
    If this is not the very definition of a ****storm:-)

But seriously my guess is a lot of people will quit the game this time if the final outcome of the changes is as anticiptaed here by a lot of the members. I say let's wait till we finally see the changes. However most of us had hoped for an easier grind by adding sth like chiewab to the challenges.

On a side note, someone wrote that gear is for p2p. I don't think so. I think most of the whales are also annoyed by the current systen of simming like 200-300 times just to get one item of gear ready. As for the financial part, you have to be a massive whale in order to get the gear, not just p2p. I invested like $40 and often rank top 5 at payout, sometimes lower but at leat top20. I easily do 3-5 refills a day on energy. Sometimes more. I spend easily 300+ crystals a day just on energy. You can do the math what this would cost if I had to buy those. Everything goes into gear and It still takes a weak to get the 50 cufflinks or chiewab.
  • Options
    On a serious note....shouldn't it be difficult to gear up a character...and also take time. It's really the only thing that can separate players. Once everyone has lvl 80 max gear toons...it's really boring...and arena basically comes down to who can spend crystals and snipe the best. I honestly don't understand why people think this a bad thing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    On a serious note....shouldn't it be difficult to gear up a character...and also take time. It's really the only thing that can separate players. Once everyone has lvl 80 max gear toons...it's really boring...and arena basically comes down to who can spend crystals and snipe the best. I honestly don't understand why people think this a bad thing.

Honestly, I don't think the issue here is "long time" so much as it is "mundanely repetitive". If the new patch had interesting challenges/missions/new ways to acquire gear or pieces to make gear, I think most people would be okay with it. Especially if there were way for P2P (and P2W) players to speed up that process.

The issue is that to this point, the only way that we are aware of to obtain gear is hit "SIM" hundreds of times (while pausing only to buy more energy) - that's not a game, nor is it fun. That's a job. Monotonous and boring.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand why people think this a bad thing.
    It doesn't really matter why people think this. People thinking it is enough.
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You guys, it could have been worse. They could have released a scoundrel event, chat and guild function, star ship builder, gear crafting, random gear/shard prizes for top 3 arena players, or even added more to the main story...

I'm mean, srsly, what if they put a countdown timer on the yoda event, we would probably all quit right now!
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Unable to craft gear until I reach the level requirement. Did they fix the precraft after seeing that we've "exploited" it ?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    You guys, it could have been worse. They could have released a scoundrel event, chat and guild function, star ship builder, gear crafting, random gear/shard prizes for top 3 arena players, or even added more to the main story...

I'm mean, srsly, what if they put a countdown timer on the yoda event, we would probably all quit right now!

Going oppo - I like it!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I m waiting until 11:59 PM before to claim my achievements
  • Options
    You can wait until 1 if I aint wrong because of dst start which was last week.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    but some patience will go a long way. Let's see what happens when the update kicks in first I say.

Be careful using those words...you will be called a troll.

It's refreshing to see someone that actually gets it
    Oootini wrote: »
    Okay after reading this I can see its cause quite the excretion storm...
    I myself don't seem to impressed but this move, but some patience will go a long way. Let's see what happens when the update kicks in first I say.

But make sure to farm some MK3 Astro Gel so that when the time comes to bend over you don't get burned.

I've shredded EA/CG on these forums before and will do it again if I feel it's justified. Complaining about something that hasn't happened yet is not justified. Wait one more day. If it does all go mammary glands up, then I will be with everyone else tearing this game apart
  • Options
    Honestly the gear changes outside of the furnace sort of make sense, none of the other 3 required any purple gear to craft. Furnaces on the other hand already needed 70 purples
  • tele
    7 posts Member
    Options

How do you know?
  • Options
    I can't say any of these changes will improve the game, for me. I'm really close to quitting the game because, quite frankly, it's not that fun always fighting the very same enemies.

They need to add new features really, not add "something new" that is basically only a time machine backwards a few levels, which is what adding 10 more levels did. It didn't change anything, you just have to do the same all over again.
  • Options

:|

Don't... Just don't. It's not original, nor funny.

• Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Craft your mark V droid callers now.

^^^ This. Also, besides RG and QGJ, Poggle needs one for gear 9

• Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Craft your mark V droid callers now.

^^^ This. Also, besides RG and QGJ, Poggle needs one for gear 9

Old Daka needs it too, to get to gear 9.

I got 3 of em! One for RG, QGJ & Old daka
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Honestly the gear changes outside of the furnace sort of make sense, none of the other 3 required any purple gear to craft. Furnaces on the other hand already needed 70 purples

Actually I was quite pleased that the last gear slot to hit gear IX was a little easier. I feel like I earned it after spending so much on purples for the other slots.
  • Options

I see what you did there...
    +1
  • Options
    -bookmarks thread before bed time
    -wake up to the sound of 103 notifications in my email

Morning.

The problem is the repetitiveness, if grinding gear was fun - would anyone actually complain?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Unable to craft gear until I reach the level requirement. Did they fix the precraft after seeing that we've "exploited" it ?

how are we exploiting anything? if people had the gears they should be able to craft them as they always have, them telling us at the last minute the requirements are going up and then stealth nerfing things so people cant craft a couple of these to help out in the future is them exploiting us not the other way around

they are so very fast to patch things that could potentially help the player, even in a small way, yet they take ages to fix bugs on characters that people paid hundreds of dollars for like Rex, go dev team, fabulous as ever I see
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the update. As for the gear grind... I dunno' I played World of Warcraft and did Arena and high-level raiding so grinding gear was almost non-stop and this game isn't that bad, though I will say it's definitely not easy. It's taking me almost 2 weeks to get 50 purple eye-balls for Yoda. LOL. What I think the problem is that many people are just getting a significant quantity of toons to 70 and now we have to grind to 80 and to max out your characters again at 80 and this is going to take some time. Hopefully we get a fair amount of time to do this and actually play with the characters maxed out before it's time to move on to 90. Hopefully there's not a new level cap every 3 to 4 months. Can't wait to see what the surprises are.
  • Options
    You know, the Star Wars film franchise is slated to run over the next six years. You would think this game would work to follow that same trend but the quick focus on raising pay wall expectations, level caps (of which they end at 100 but we are already at 80 now) and no new content are quickly reducing player desire and involvement. Really not sure what their end game is here.
  • Options
    You know, the Star Wars film franchise is slated to run over the next six years. You would think this game would work to follow that same trend but the quick focus on raising pay wall expectations, level caps (of which they end at 100 but we are already at 80 now) and no new content are quickly reducing player desire and involvement. Really not sure what their end game is here.

I think you missed a zero. The max level cap will be 1000. We are getting 10 level increase every month until the franchise is over
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information