3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Is everyone this angry/passionate/salty about things that actually matter?

I bet not.

Lets just wait for the patch to drop before we lose our collective cool.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »

I bet not.

I'm angry about what this patch will do to the price of beer in my local pub. it's outrageous.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I bet not.

I'm angry about what this patch will do to the price of beer in my local pub. it's outrageous.

Dooku caused that, not the update. If your going to rage, at least aim at the right target.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I just read on the interweb that the patch notes have caused an increase in Global Warming. :|
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I bet not.

Dooku caused that, not the update. If your going to rage, at least aim at the right target.

I'm seriously considering enslaving him and forcing him to compete in an unending series of gladiatorial combats to get recompense for this slight.
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Can someone nerf these dang patch notes??
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    JSnow54 wrote: »
    QGJ's " Potency Up for 1 turn at the beginning of each encounter."

Is that to counter Sid's evade against Jedi?

Potency is the chance to apply effects, that wont help Jedi actually hit him, but if they did it would increase the chance of say Eeth stun landing.

Yep which makes this very weak because Jedi dont debuff aside from Mace, Eeth and Old Ben.
  • Options
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    what an interesting patch. Still, its backwards. Should implement balancing changes before level cap so people are not wasting money, time, and effort on toons that will not work.

Yep. 100%
  • Options

Potency is the chance to apply effects, that wont help Jedi actually hit him, but if they did it would increase the chance of say Eeth stun landing.

Yep which makes this very weak because Jedi dont debuff aside from Mace, Eeth and Old Ben.

Lumi and koon. Sounds pretty nice
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    EkEukLC.jpg

That's how corporate meeting usually go in my experience.
  • Options
    @BentWookie technically that would be correct.

Fear is the path to the global warming. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to global warming.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Can someone nerf these **** patch notes??
    Can someone nerf these darn patch notes??

Lol, thanks @BentWookie, I would have preferred "dang". Haha
  • Options
    Can someone nerf these **** patch notes??
    Can someone nerf these darn patch notes??

Lol, thanks @BentWookie, I would have preferred "dang". Haha

Fixed! :)

• Options
    Client must be restarted ?
  • Options
    I'm thinking these new gear pieces will address the fortitude feature they plan on releasing in a few weeks.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    The reason everyone is crying is because the worst aspect of the game just got even worse.

I personally think this game just lost its appeal. I am full f2p from now on. I've spent over 500$ on this game, the most I have ever spent in my life. And what do I have to show for it? 11 chars at 7 stars but only 8 maxed. EA is trying to capitalize on the wealthy that have nothing better to do.
  • Options
    I'm thinking these new gear pieces will address the fortitude feature they plan on releasing in a few weeks.

I was thinking the same. New pieces and gear types will add fortitude to toons.

Unsure how that plays out pre release of fortitude though.

Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Doga wrote: »
    SWGOH is broken and the new update is an attempt to fix it. The problem with the game is that once a player reaches the top 4 consistently at payout there is no need for that player to spend money on the game to maintain the position. The crystals earned are enough to farm all available gear slots for the players top toons, albeit slowly, as well as slowly work towards bringing up another toon to max level. No more money for the company that invested millions into such a terrific game. The solution is to give those top players a reason to depart with their money because as we all know spending it on random chromium pack chances it pointless unless you have mega bucks at your disposal which the majority of players do not.

Once people have invested real money into a game no matter how much it becomes much harder for them to walk away. So it's simple economics, if a player has to spend more money to maintain their status of what they find important, and if that player has already spend even a little bit of money, said player is likely to invest more money. Problem fixed. Will anyone really walk away, we all threaten it but in truth the players they loose will be offset by the money more people put into the game to maintain their progress.

Yes. I promise I will walk away and have no problem doing so. Because if I'm no longer having fun in a game, there's no sense in staying.

It's like anything...you pay money and sometimes you don't like what you paid for. You can try to get a refund or you can cut your losses. If I go to Disney World and it rains, I may leave. Why? Not as much fun anymore. I've paid money, it was fun while it lasted, but now I'm done.

The gear grind in this game is tedious at best. I'm sure it is the least appealing part of the game to most, if not all of the players. And they're increasing it. More ways to get gear doesn't offset the fact it's still a boring chore. That part of the game should be lessened.

What they should do is have the toon gain battle XP over time increasing some of their stats gradually. So every time I use Dooku, he gains a small amount of INT, STR, etc. keep it at the individual level. That way he gets stronger through use, not some arbitrary space metal nonsense.

Bottom line is, if I'm done having fun, my money leaves. I recognize it for the investment it was and can walk away just fine. People are more pragmatic than you're giving them credit for. And only those that are addicted will continue to chain smoke on EAs tail pipe.

Now as a consumer, I'll think twice before I ever invest in another EA product again though.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »

Now as a consumer, I'll think twice before I ever invest in another EA product again though.

This is the exact way I feel. I will never ever play another free game from EA. I wish I had read the "worst company in America" artice before I started playing this game. It's funny because I didn't even know that award exsisted. I hope everyone learns from their past mistakes and stays away from EA. I have never ever seen such hate towards a gaming company. I feel that they will see a massive loss in the future after games like this one stop making money. Having said that, I do know they are making tons of money now, so I doubt they care.
  • Options

Forgot Luminaras ability block and her zero potency?
  • Options
    So is this the major update? Newer dark and light side battles which I'll beat in a day? Where are the game modes?!

Just put together cycling events like yoda. Rebel event night Sister event scoundrel event sith event. I would have so much fun with that.
  • Options
    In 45 min it will be 1 pm Pacific time
  • Options
    Yeah for the first time ever i would be happy if they pushed the next patch release date back just 1 day :)
  • Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    Doga wrote: »
    SWGOH is broken and the new update is an attempt to fix it. The problem with the game is that once a player reaches the top 4 consistently at payout there is no need for that player to spend money on the game to maintain the position. The crystals earned are enough to farm all available gear slots for the players top toons, albeit slowly, as well as slowly work towards bringing up another toon to max level. No more money for the company that invested millions into such a terrific game. The solution is to give those top players a reason to depart with their money because as we all know spending it on random chromium pack chances it pointless unless you have mega bucks at your disposal which the majority of players do not.

Once people have invested real money into a game no matter how much it becomes much harder for them to walk away. So it's simple economics, if a player has to spend more money to maintain their status of what they find important, and if that player has already spend even a little bit of money, said player is likely to invest more money. Problem fixed. Will anyone really walk away, we all threaten it but in truth the players they loose will be offset by the money more people put into the game to maintain their progress.

Yes. I promise I will walk away and have no problem doing so. Because if I'm no longer having fun in a game, there's no sense in staying.

It's like anything...you pay money and sometimes you don't like what you paid for. You can try to get a refund or you can cut your losses. If I go to Disney World and it rains, I may leave. Why? Not as much fun anymore. I've paid money, it was fun while it lasted, but now I'm done.

The gear grind in this game is tedious at best. I'm sure it is the least appealing part of the game to most, if not all of the players. And they're increasing it. More ways to get gear doesn't offset the fact it's still a boring chore. That part of the game should be lessened.

What they should do is have the toon gain battle XP over time increasing some of their stats gradually. So every time I use Dooku, he gains a small amount of INT, STR, etc. keep it at the individual level. That way he gets stronger through use, not some arbitrary space metal nonsense.

Bottom line is, if I'm done having fun, my money leaves. I recognize it for the investment it was and can walk away just fine. People are more pragmatic than you're giving them credit for. And only those that are addicted will continue to chain smoke on EAs tail pipe.

I'm guessing you haven't played ea games often, none of this is a surprise haha there's a reason ea gets voted worst company almost every year, people just stay because EA had the rights to high demand brands like star wars, fifa, and madden. There's complaints every year about fifa but no one wants to play PES with their generic names and teams because they lack the licensing.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    ichotolot wrote: »

Forgot Luminaras ability block and her zero potency?
    And anakin could have a more reliable buff immunity to stop those annoying taunters like RG. The potency up is not all that useless
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

So I'm a whale, I have spent around 2K € on this game since I started playing in early January.
    That's not a problem for me, I can afford it and I've been playing the game in ways I that made me enjoy it up to now. If I didn't enjoy it I obviously wouldn't pay or play.

I could afford to keep on buying crystals to continue starring up, leveling and gearing up my toons, money isn't an issue.

But... I won't.

Why? Because buying crystals just so I get to hit the sim button ad nauseam to gather hundreds of gear components that drop somewhere around 20% just isn't fun...

On top of that, if I understand correctly, under the 80 cap, some toons will be able to gear up while many won't.
    Since the new gear requirements will be so difficult to meet, you will be making it almost impossible for players to raise multiple toons/teams, you should at least make sure that those we have been farming and gearing up for months are not left behind because of such discrepancy between gear requirement and availability...

Games should be fun by definition, they should be entertaining, that's their entire purpose.
    They should also be challenging and rewarding.

Adding more gear grind to gear up will achieve the exact opposite, turning fun into frustration, entertainment into a pointless, redundant, boring chore which is neither challenging nor rewarding.
    Even someone like me who could refresh all day won't find anything fun, entertaining, challenging or rewarding at all in this tedious process...

It will be even worse for those who can't or won't pay to play, and I have nothing but respect for these guys who grind it out everyday strictly on free ressources at a snails pace that I would never find the patience for. Hats off to you guys for keeping it up.

The reaction is pretty unanimous about this upcoming gear update, I have read every single post in this thread, nobody, nobody is going " Yay, we get to grind out more gear components!" quite the opposite...

And about this;
    "Hey Everyone, While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future."

More ways to acquire gear... That's not what players/customers/investors/funders want.
    Acquiring gears is the least interesting aspect of the game, it's redundant, frustrating and boring.

I usually stay away from these type of threads, my thoughts are that a company like EA is professional and experimented enough to know how to develop its games but it's obvious to everybody that has posted here that this announced gear update is not the way to improve the game.

So if I and so many others took time to express their views on this it's because they care about a game they've invested time and money into.
    It's also a cry to the devs not to break the game they love, not to turn fun into frustration.

Remember that people posting in this forum are only the tip of the iceberg, for everybody posting here, there are thousands thinking the same but not expressing it.

Consider this a poll, where 99.99% of the surveyed players strongly dislike the upcoming gear update.

Math is very simple, if you keep ignoring you players/customers opinions, you will lose many of them.
    Some play for free, some pay to play but all play to have some fun.

Regards and may the Force be with you, you will need it!

+1 ... best post I've seen. make the game more fun, not more of a grind. thanks.
  • Options

time.is says that it is 11:24 a.m. there, so mb an hour and 35 minutes?
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »

I dont think so. I am in california. It s PST here and it s 12:30 right now
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »

I dont think so. I am in california. It s PST here and it s 12:30 right now

This. It's 12:31 in Cali right now.

This is the final count down. Do do do do, do do do do doo
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    9.30pm Thursday where I am so I hope it's soon so I can get some xp from my dailies