3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    I'm looking forward to the update. As for the gear grind... I dunno' I played World of Warcraft and did Arena and high-level raiding so grinding gear was almost non-stop and this game isn't that bad, though I will say it's definitely not easy. It's taking me almost 2 weeks to get 50 purple eye-balls for Yoda. LOL. What I think the problem is that many people are just getting a significant quantity of toons to 70 and now we have to grind to 80 and to max out your characters again at 80 and this is going to take some time. Hopefully we get a fair amount of time to do this and actually play with the characters maxed out before it's time to move on to 90. Hopefully there's not a new level cap every 3 to 4 months. Can't wait to see what the surprises are.

It's been 2 months since the cap raise from 60 to 70. Expect the raise from 80 to 90 in June.
  • Options
    Robdd wrote: »
    Farming gear is boring as can be, even being able to s

To read the rest of this sentence you must pay $5.00

Lol. More like to read the rest of this sentence you can pay five dollars for a 20% chance that you will be given the letters to read the rest of the sentence...

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    You seem to be very quick on your judgement before the patch is released. I am almost sure that big surprise is a new content. Ships or any other table. And now think about it from the following prospective: what reward should be given by this table?
    1) Credits? Actually, GW gives you a lot of credits the amount of which should be increased with your level. It doesn't allow you to max everyone, but it is reasonable amount. And... it is balanced. All of us feel lack of credit because we spend crystals on cantina refills and hard nodes refreshes. This usage of crystals breaks balance that is designed for original shard inflow. If you spend the same amount of crystals for credit bundles as you do for shards earning, you might be pretty OK with credits. So credits might be our reward, but not the main one like they are for GW.
    2) Shards? Everyone will like it and I don't mind it either, but... Indeed we have enough places to farm characters, tbh.
    3) Experience? It will make this table useless after reaching level cap.
    4) Ability mats or Training droids? There is no diversity in them and current challenges are more than enough.
    The only answer left for me is gears! But today's system of getting gears (keep in mind that we will have some new gear challenges that will make it a bit easier) is pretty doable without additional ways of acquiring them, so it may reduce fun of getting them through a new table.
    To cut the long story short: if it is a new content and it allows you to get gears, adding some gears to complicate the process of heroes' gear level increase is absolutely reasonable and logical.
  • Options
    Not looking forward to more grind. At all. I'm already at the limit of my crafting patience.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Afraid of the new update you are not?

You will be.

You will be...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Unable to craft gear until I reach the level requirement. Did they fix the precraft after seeing that we've "exploited" it ?

how are we exploiting anything? if people had the gears they should be able to craft them as they always have, them telling us at the last minute the requirements are going up and then stealth nerfing things so people cant craft a couple of these to help out in the future is them exploiting us not the other way around

Don't worry my guess is that nobody will be able to equip those gears until level 81. I think we wasted our crystals for nothing, including myself! Otherwise there would be a difference in gear level among players. There are people that don't read forums and when they see that you are 1 or 2 gear levels above them and that they can't do that, they will flip out and quit! So forget it, even if you crafted you won't be able to equip till 81. On the other hand, you possibly saved some farming for later. But yea...

Ok, so i don't believe this is a joke anymore, because it has gone too far! This is real!

What is going to happen is this: Ima-Gun Di, Hoth Rebel Scout, Jawa, Kylo Ren, Nighsister Initiate, Obi-Wan Kenobi, First Order Stormtrooper and Ct 5's. These are going to form the new meta probably. They are all allowed to get to gear x/xi. While we, who farmed Sidious and such, are going to be left behind! Period! Especially Scout, Ren, Nightsister and Ct 5s. They will be able to advance 2 gear levels and are going to become what GS and Yoda are now! There i said it!

This is the devs way of changing the 'meta'!
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Not looking forward to more grind. At all. I'm already at the limit of my crafting patience.

I have no issues with grinding if it benefited me in some other way than just arena (and mildly GW).

If there were events that you got better rewards for if you could bring in better characters. Or if ships are like Garrisons in WoW, where the stronger your guys the better rewards.

But, as it stands, keeping the game the way it is and asking us to grind more... is just unfun. I hope there is more to this patch than they are letting on.
  • Options
    BenjiFett wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the update. As for the gear grind... I dunno' I played World of Warcraft and did Arena and high-level raiding so grinding gear was almost non-stop and this game isn't that bad, though I will say it's definitely not easy. It's taking me almost 2 weeks to get 50 purple eye-balls for Yoda. LOL. What I think the problem is that many people are just getting a significant quantity of toons to 70 and now we have to grind to 80 and to max out your characters again at 80 and this is going to take some time. Hopefully we get a fair amount of time to do this and actually play with the characters maxed out before it's time to move on to 90. Hopefully there's not a new level cap every 3 to 4 months. Can't wait to see what the surprises are.

It's been 2 months since the cap raise from 60 to 70. Expect the raise from 80 to 90 in June.

Oh ****, guess I started playing this game seriously after that change, didn't realize there was a 60. LOL
    You seem to be very quick on your judgement before the patch is released. I am almost sure that big surprise is a new content. Ships or any other table. And now think about it from the following prospective: what reward should be given by this table?

That's really my thoughts on this as well. Until we see the update and have a couple weeks at 80 we don't know what everything will be like. My only real gripe is that there are good characters not accessible through the game, only packs. If EA considers them ultra-rare or something and only available through purchase, then give us the opportunity to buy those toons outright (e.g. Aayla).
  • Radwin
    69 posts Member
    Options
    They are trying to slow the game down. If they don't change the grinding system everyone will max out everything too soon... I mean since it seems to take time to develop new charachters and we get one a month. We want the game to go on some time right? I cannot complain on the sim feature, I think it's fantastic. I would quit if I had to battle out every fight. Everyone will be slowed down except for a few who have invested a lot so it does not disturb me that much. I'm a half whale myself and I'm fine with the update
  • Options
    Radwin wrote: »
    They are trying to slow the game down. If they don't change the grinding system everyone will max out everything too soon... I mean since it seems to take time to develop new charachters and we get one a month. We want the game to go on some time right? I cannot complain on the sim feature, I think it's fantastic. I would quit if I had to battle out every fight. Everyone will be slowed down except for a few who have invested a lot so it does not disturb me that much. I'm a half whale myself and I'm fine with the update

if they dont change the grinding system everyone will max out everything to soon?! are you kidding me? there are so many characters in this game, even the biggest krakens in existence couldnt fully gear, level, star and ability upgrade every character in this game this soon, and they are adding new characters which take forever to catch up to the rest. This was done to force people to use more crystals and spend more money, thats the only reason
  • Options
    HI, any one know if for sure the Update will be done by the next 6-10 hours?
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future.

Serious question: Does this just mean there will be more nodes to farm said gear? Because technically, that would make this statement true.

I'm worried because we don't want more ways we want better ways.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    HI, any one know if for sure the Update will be done by the next 6-10 hours?

Yes. The devs do. Probably.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

While I can't share exact details yet, know that there will be more ways to acquire gear in the near future.

Serious question: Does this just mean there will be more nodes to farm said gear? Because technically, that would make this statement true.

I do not believe he meant nodes. ..that isn't worth stating since it is already understood that when the new light side and dark side missions unlock, there will be more ways to gear. Its safe to assume there will be a new feature, eventually, that he cannot reveal details about
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I do not believe he meant nodes. ..that isn't worth stating since it is already understood that when the new light side and dark side missions unlock, there will be more ways to gear. Ito safe to assume there will be a new feature.

Gearodinium packs, for $19.99

Drops:
    10 gray gear
    5 green gear
    2 blue gear
    1k credits
    A chance to drop 1 purple gear
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I do not believe he meant nodes. ..that isn't worth stating since it is already understood that when the new light side and dark side missions unlock, there will be more ways to gear. Ito safe to assume there will be a new feature.

Gearodinium packs, for $19.99

Drops:
    10 gray gear
    5 green gear
    2 blue gear
    1k credits
    A chance to drop 1 purple gear

"It was as if millions of voices cried out in agony...then they all hit "UNINSTALL"

• Options
    Anyone remember the line in episode 3 where sid screams "UNLIMITED POWER" I now have this image stuck in my head of one of the developers screaming "UNLIMITED PURPLE HAIR DRYERS" to get one piece of gear. Seriously harder to unlock gear what does go on in these developers minds????
  • Options
    Leodedeus wrote: »
    Anyone remember the line in episode 3 where sid screams "UNLIMITED POWER" I now have this image stuck in my head of one of the developers screaming "UNLIMITED PURPLE HAIR DRYERS" to get one piece of gear. Seriously harder to unlock gear what does go on in these developers minds????

"Milk as much money out of the players as we can as quickly as we can" Thats their thoughts
  • Options
    The big surprise is the addition of an unmutable David Hasslehoff medle on a continuous loop
  • Patman
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still spending money.... Just on a different game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Leodedeus wrote: »

11ql6d.jpg
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Just crafted two mk5 droid callers. Thanks for the heads up, devs.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Robdd wrote: »
    Farming gear is boring as can be, even being able to s

To read the rest of this sentence you must pay $5.00

Lol. More like to read the rest of this sentence you can pay five dollars for a 20% chance that you will be given the letters to read the rest of the sentence...

Read all 408 comments I did not... but I like this one^. Ha.

Hey on the bright side I just got an Mk1 Stun Gun and 300 credits on my last 2 Bronzium pulls! I'm of to the races on this new gear & upgrade challenge!
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    So if there are things in the works to help with the massive new gear grind they are about to hand us, but those things aren't ready yet, why release the gear crafting changes? Why not wait until the other stuff is ready to support the crafting changes?

And the answer is the level cap increase, I am sure. But if the level cap increase needs crafting changes to support them, and the crafting changes need gear availability changes to support them, and those aren't ready, why release the level cap?

They are rushing this, and other than monitory reasons, I can't find a single reason why.

Maybe it's preparing for truly new content like we really want. But if that was the case, why not come out and say that? It would at least soften the blow a little. And I still don't see how releasing the crafting changes before changes to support it is the right way to do things for the players.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Come on EA, at least give us the update before the game resets, 5 hours left here in europe....
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Craft your mark V droid callers now.

^^^ This. Also, besides RG and QGJ, Poggle needs one for gear 9

Old Daka needs it too, to get to gear 9.

I got 3 of em! One for RG, QGJ & Old daka

Oh, and Barriss too if you use her for GW. I was only able to craft 2, but I've got 4 toons that need it. Decisions, decisions...
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Come on EA, at least give us the update before the game resets, 5 hours left here in europe....

I've got 4 hours left in South Africa and all my dailies waiting to be collected still
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Radwin wrote: »

Slow the game down? What are you smoking? I play since December and i only just finished my 5th char up to 7 stars for my main squad...Which also happens to be Sid, Lumi, Phasma + 2 more (the easier obtainable ones)
    What would you say to people that start playing this today? "Don't worry...you ll start being competitive in about 6 months if you play every day non stop". There are people here that been playing non stop every day for almost half year, and they don't even have 1/3 of the game's heroes maxed...
  • Options
    Interested to see what the max level daily reward is. New ability material?

Guess someone like yoyoyada will tell us about 1hr after the update lol.

They capped the amount of energy you can stockpile so they won't be able to leap ahead much like with previous cap raises. Which kind of makes me sad since I'm a Team instinct member. Lol

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    What is the Max Daily Player thing...does that mean after I get level 80 that and do the dailys I get a purple ability mat because I no longer get XP?

Yes, maybe not a purple. They alluded to a different high level ability mat elsewhere, so not sure but at least we'll get something for all the lost XP
    Ally Code: 945-699-762