3/31 Update Comment and Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Aiming to have the update live in the next hour. Will give another update shortly.

Are you trying to help us get the entire fleet of Wambulances gased up and ready for a busy night? :)
  • Options
    Can't remember what I said last time..... oh well. What was that famous George W. Bush quote? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me can't get fooled again. Was that it?
    https://youtu.be/eKgPY1adc0A
  • Options
    Just think about how many people will boycot the franchise Star Wars. LucasFilm wouldn't allow total ripoff. I'm for one already developed a strong distaste of Star Wars franchise because of the joke EA turned it into with their mishap and greed.
    I'm sure someone at LucasFilms is reading these forums and will reign in.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This is not a rip-off. You decided, much like myself, to farm for those. Nobody told you to. I think this is happening btw!
  • Options
    Update is coming in an hour so we'll know soon. I am merging this with the mega thread.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    I spent about $3K on the game. First $100 was enjoyable, the rest...
    I'm looking at this update and increased gear requirements and feel like a fool.

I don't know which category I fall into: Whales or Dolphins - but this is just too much for someone like me!

EA will get no more $ from me. I'll only do challenges and free stuff.

Screw them, if their goal was to make me spend more, they were wrong.

What more you were doing as a whale that an f2p couldn't? Running a GQJ/Dooku team? F2p does that too. (with possible exception of a 7* RG instead of lower star one for f2p) This game has no content other than 5 battles and a chore that is called GW, which can be cleared easily by f2p. I can't believe people pay thousand dollars to do what an f2p does. Sorry but you got scammed.

How about 6 refreshes in cantina and 6 refreshes of energy? You understand the difference between p2p and f2p now? People complain about packs...yea they should...if they don't have money! Otherwise you can get everything you want in there. The gear that takes you one week to farm? Takes one hour for them. Heavy P2p are ready for anything this game throws at them at any time! I don't understand how you can be this ignorant.

Do i have the same team as whales? Yes. Did i spend any money for it? No. I wouldn't care less if you paid 3k just to have Plo koon, Tarkin, Darth Maul and whatever other hero, sitting at lvl 30-40 with lvl 3 abilities and gear. What you do with all those heroes you farmed? Nothing. You stare at them. Why? Because if you use them you're gonna get dropped in arena like a meteor. And f2p will laugh at you with their GQJ and Dooku led teams. Go check you leaderboard and tell me what the whales are using at top 10 ranks. And then come here and tell me how your money was well spent.
  • Options
    Lol
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    Just think about how many people will boycot the franchise Star Wars. LucasFilm wouldn't allow total ripoff. I'm for one already developed a strong distaste of Star Wars franchise because of the joke EA turned it into with their mishap and greed.

Not even a remote chance any of this would or is happening.
  • Bex
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Aiming to have the update live in the next hour. Will give another update shortly.

Hooray <3
  • Options
    I'm looking at this update and increased gear requirements and feel like a fool.

I don't know which category I fall into: Whales or Dolphins - but this is just too much for someone like me!

What more you were doing as a whale that an f2p couldn't? Running a GQJ/Dooku team? F2p does that too. (with possible exception of a 7* RG instead of lower star one for f2p) This game has no content other than 5 battles and a chore that is called GW, which can be cleared easily by f2p. I can't believe people pay thousand dollars to do what an f2p does. Sorry but you got scammed.

How about 6 refreshes in cantina and 6 refreshes of energy? You understand the difference between p2p and f2p now? People complain about packs...yea they should...if they don't have money! Otherwise you can get everything you want in there. The gear that takes you one week to farm? Takes one hour for them. Heavy P2p are ready for anything this game throws at them at any time! I don't understand how you can be this ignorant.

Do i have the same team as whales? Yes. Did i spend any money for it? No. I wouldn't care less if you paid 3k just to have Plo koon, Tarkin, Darth Maul and whatever other hero, sitting at lvl 30-40 with lvl 3 abilities and gear. What you do with all those heroes you farmed? Nothing. You stare at them. Why? Because if you use them you're gonna get dropped in arena like a meteor. And f2p will laugh at you with their GQJ and Dooku led teams. Go check you leaderboard and tell me what the whales are using at top 10 ranks. And then come here and tell me how your money was well spent.

Well said
  • Options

This game made you develop a strong distaste for Star Wars?

Lol-Face-Animated-Gif-03.gif

Star Wars has been ripping people off on mediocre stuff for years. Just look at the prequels, most video games, most EU and the unending supply of toys and stuff to spend your money on.

Nobody at Lucasfilms is reading this.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Great idea Warmonkey, have a mega thread where everything will get mixed up and no one will read it. Awesome job :smile: Hi5
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    Are you guys in Europe gonna wait the whole night and not sleep just to be there at the moment of the update ? :#:#:#:#

00:07 in Spain... I'm tired :(
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This waiting game is chit
  • Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    Great idea Warmonkey, have a mega thread where everything will get mixed up and no one will read it. Awesome job :smile: Hi5

18 pages mean someone is read it =)

Again, send me a PM if you have problem with my moderating decisions.

It's the last time I'll respond to you in public.
  • Options

If there was ever a need for a like button its now.
    Well said. The only thing dropping 10K for me would be faster level rising and more experimenting ie: old ben as a lead instead of dooku for example.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options

Ah yes. The infamous "shortly". We do love a shortly.
  • Options
    Dani_PvP wrote: »
    3:11 in the middle of Russia (Yekaterinburg city) :s zzzzzzzzZZ
    Russian SW:GoH Community| 4PDA
  • Options
    No need to hate on people for their spending decisions.
  • Options

I agree mostly with this but there are some exceptions

Leia is useful in arena
    RG is extremely useful in arena, hes not whale exclusive but very hard to farm for the non whale
    FOTP is useful in arena with huge damage, same thing hes not whale exclusive but super hard to farm for the average joe
    Aayla i've seen used in arena, her guaranteed stun on any crit can be devastating
    Yoda is useful on offense in arena, and very hard for the average player to get to 7*
    Rex is fairly useful in arena, he'll be a lot better at level 80
    Rey is amazing in arena, very hard farm for non whales
  • Options
    Update is coming in an hour so we'll know soon. I am merging this with the mega thread.

In 45 minutes here will be april... I havent waste my dailys yet, so nervous
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Perfect! Im going to need a break from my arena run at around 6:45...
  • Options

Same here hope it will arrive soon
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    1:15 a.m. in Ukraine. Character of the month - Resistance Trooper if someone is interested.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options

hello, I think you are on my server. "Dani PvP Champion", right?

• Options
    3:11 in the middle of Russia (Yekaterinburg city) :s zzzzzzzzZZ

Omg sleep dude! I have tomorrow an exam, perfect :*
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

00.15 where I am so I just used up mine just before midnight. Missed on that little extra xp
  • Options
    is this going to be an in game update or a whole new app store update?
  • Options
    Just got a client restart
  • Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    is this going to be an in game update or a whole new app store update?

In game if there is no new content
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information