Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Kyno I don't think it leads anywhere answering to this topic again as our opinions on this are clearly different and we won't agree with each other.
    But is the answer to the stacking speed coming with the feedback to what Doja wrote about earlier or can you / the devs already share somthing?
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier [...]
    This is what I'm talking about:
    Nemio wrote: »
    Here, the boss has under 20% health. If it is working like you say, he should have 100%+75+75+75+75 = 400% speed. So anywhere between 880 and 1200. Then Jedi Master Luke goes before him. Unless I'm missing something (would appreciate someone pointing it out if so), the mechanics are not working as you are saying they are. It would be nice to have more insight than: 'It is working as intended'. He is indeed faster and seems to hit harder later on in the fight, but nowhere close to 4 times 75% buffs.

This is the issues he is referring to. We wont hear anything for a little bit due to the bug guy being out, I believe with a bug (ah the irony).

So a studio of CG's size only has ONE guy that can fix this? I read that as just another reason to believe that CG is back burning SWGOH for their new game.

No that's not what was said, please go back and read Dojas comment.

As always, don't let the truth in the way of a good story.
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier and sent them to the appropriate person without realizing they are out sick today. So, as a backup plan, I sent to our general QA dept.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. Might be next week, tho given our resident expert on bugs for this particular raid is out.

Sooooo....the "appropriate PERSON" and "resident expert" (singular) is out...so therefore, we have to wait....which would imply that there is ONE person for this....you know....since we have to wait until that ONE person gets back to work for resolution....becasue there is ONE person. As always, dont let the truth get in the way there Kyno.

Resident expert on bugs for this particular raid.

That in no way states or implies there is only one person who handles all bugs, or is the only one who can fix this. Just that they have one person who would make quicker work of this than others on the team.

But you dont want to believe they have a team, and its basically Crumb and Doja doing all of this from one computer.

I didn’t say all bugs....and I heard it was Doja’s attic, the basement is where all our feedback is buried.

And he never said no one else could fix it.

Basement or the fire pit out back?

1dcuaf57e023.jpg

Ooohhh, fire pit....gets rid of the evidence so you can say “they don’t disregard our feedback, they take it seriously”. Well played.
  • MorganFreeman
    196 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Can CG confirm that the requirement to send in a sacrificial lamb during the Rancor phases, just so Devour got used up before a point scoring run, was an intentional mechanic?
    Edit: I'm referring to Devour starting on 0 cooldown.

Is this so people finally had a use for Rose 🌹?
  • Options
    R8 materials will eventually be available in other places over time

Name your source please. CG has already said numerous times that r8 materials are exclusive to this raid and available nowhere else in game unless you spend. So where else are they going to be available? How soon? Curious minds want to know.
  • Options
    You know what I'd like to see? GLs are already deliberately nerfed, but I'd like to make sure we can still actually use them, to whatever extent.

What about a feature, "Intimidating Aura" for GLs: When the Rancor has more than one valid target for devour, it will not select a GL.

It won't stop the devour. It won't even slow it down. It just makes sure that if you go through all the effort to get one, your GL isn't the first one eaten.

Unless you're JML. Sorry, Luke old boy. That's just the way the dismembered hand bounces.
  • Options
    You know what I'd like to see? GLs are already deliberately nerfed, but I'd like to make sure we can still actually use them, to whatever extent.

What about a feature, "Intimidating Aura" for GLs: When the Rancor has more than one valid target for devour, it will not select a GL.

It won't stop the devour. It won't even slow it down. It just makes sure that if you go through all the effort to get one, your GL isn't the first one eaten.

Unless you're JML. Sorry, Luke old boy. That's just the way the dismembered hand bounces.

GLs are currently the best options for all phases (except 4)as far as I've seen. You can -actually- use them.

*disclaimer: excludes see
  • Options
    A few thoughts on r8's impact on gear economy;

Cg pulled a sleight of hand with the new raid and introduction of r8. While the raid difficulty makes it seem like it's the -exclusive- piece that will be bottlenecking us, they just threw in impulse detectors in there. The previous relic tiers all need 1 new scrap type, r8 builds 2 new types at once.

gb5mj3khq0fh.png
    5f4bh3np9171.png

20 zinbiddles are converted for 100 high demand gear
    20 impulse dets cost 184 of that

If I'm not mistaken the gear types needed for impulse dets. can't be bought with crystals from daily/weekly shipments, so we'll be mostly farming those from ds/ls.

When the cost of signal data is added, the total needs of a single upgrade comes close to an entire gear 12 tier. This is hard to justify from cost/benefit perspective what r8 currently brings in terms of stats. Thus I think the main intention with r8 is to create a significant gear bottleneck/slowdown for anything that gets released in the future.
  • Options
    4- for 20% of its max health. So yes if you go in at 75% and have done nothing else, it will have the (one) stack of O and H.

Hi Kyno, thanks for your answer. Just a clarification: are the buffs applying by thresholds? You wording "one stack" seems to indicate so, but in my guild we had the feeling that the rancor in 84% health was stronger than 100%. Maybe it's all bias, but we were wondering if the buffs are applying proportionally to the rancor's health (for example in 90% health he gets 37.5% H&O, in 80% he gets 75%H&O, in 70% he gets 112.5% H&O etc or does he get 0 buffs from 100 to 80, then 75% as soon as he goes below 80%.

• Options
    Have to agree that the 75% boost every 20% health is a silky mechanic.

It reward guilds which have the option of coordinating a large number of players.
    It rewards those in a guild who either have enough free time or are lucky enough to be online at the start of phases, punishes those with more real life commitments.

If they point wasn’t to reward guilds for coordination (and thus punish those spread across the globe, with more members with more real life commitments) I don’t see what the point is.

If it was to make the raid harder it would have been simpler (and more fair) to just overall increase damage/speed.
    If the point was to prevent solos it would have been a stronger mechanic if it was personal and then kicked in more forcefully, e.g. every 5% health in a run.

Current design just seems bad, though I fully appreciated this is somehow what CG intended.
    I would like to hear what the ideas are behind the mechanic, what they wanted to achieve and which behaviour they wanted to encourage...
  • Options
    They state the raid will require a lot of coordination for guilds that have mastered all previous raids. The response is to remove one of the major elements that forces coordination for guilds that are on the lower end of ability to beat it. Who is being obtuse?

There are definitely better ways of encouraging people to cooperate than forcing the entire guild to be online in the given time and then give them rewards with 11x spread.
    Just like the Sith raid, they will monitor the situation and the feedback and adjust things that miss the mark, and just like the Sith raid, it will be difficult and players will figure out strategies and teams that work and there will be a clear path to defeat it outlined, just like every raid before.

And just like the Sith raid, it will require many months to do event slightest adjustments? And that adjustments partially will be even more controversial than the original raid? And we again should wait until some clever (and rich, giving the fact we need R5 to even start theorycrafting) people find some truly creative ways to use some game mechanics which wasn't predicted by CG to make the raid truly playable by masses? Honestly, mentioning HSTR (aka the-most-hated-raid-before-new-rancor) in this context wasn't a good idea.
  • Options
    Can we drop this -entire guild- act? Is there any guild that have done it that way; %90+ of the guild going in at the beginning of all 4 phases? If this really is the case for some guild, please show us your experience.
  • Options
    Some boxes for the curious

e8z7hpdx8tmo.png
    2giu8ogf4kle.png
    bfm0dbi3g7zj.png
    jfajo4nn5z7i.png
    y75y9t8q8h8r.png
    fhm8y7ni6tia.png
    xx0qe9f2wigb.png
    49trh4hirisl.png
    pf9tbdf4qz6j.png
    xn0jnggtekdh.png
    g51wzbkz0ct4.png
    fgbd6jdjniht.png
    ysxidjyhecc0.png
    zc6dcqola5u4.png
    6czzp4ddhkey.png
    lgttdm70aulp.png
    ycbo6bggkuu2.png
    iuj00utqwo1l.png
    xuyra2r0yope.png
  • Options
    R8 will be incredibly exclusive and in most cases not worth the gear cost
  • Options
    Yeah, personally I'll be saving up the relic mats that comes the raid until I find a spot that makes it a must. If they stop with the pack that's currently on sale, it will be exclusive and rather rare for some time. The era beyond this will be really painful though.
  • Options
    Probably gives the rest of us 15 years of effort to get all characters to R8
  • Options
    The problem with this 3 gear types is the scarcity of possibilities. Let's assume you are spending daily freebies on ls/ds for other things and using 3*50+3*100 to get the impulse dets necessary for 1 upgrade. This gives you 72 attempts at %20 droprate. It takes you 13 days to wrap it, with zinbiddles 20 days. Costs 9k crystals excluding signal data.
  • Options
    This deal is getting worse all the time. - LC

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    That loot doesn't look too bad. Shame my guild is struggling to finish the raid and I'm probably gonna be kicked because I don't have enough toons above relic 4 because since SLKR (who I don't have but have been working on for many, many months now) started soloing the HSTR my g12 gear has dried up meaning I can't relic past 4 without spending money or waiting a long time.

I've already spent more money on this game than any other and more than a high-end PC. Yet, because I'm not even one third of the length of the proverbial spear I'm probably gonna get booted and then struggle to find a guild worthwhile.

Flattening that gear distribution would really help me and many others in the same situation out quite a lot right now.

CG and the forum trolls: Get gud! Whale harder!

Seriously? Imo the loot looks absolutely horrible. It's way worse than HSTR gear (not counting the R8 mats). Did you even see the pics that MaruMaru posted? The vast majority of the gear pieces in those pictures are things that neither I nor other long-time players have any need for. All of the g12 salvage in those loot boxes are the more common ones that many of us already have an extreme surplus of (no mk12 furnaces in any of those pics!). Those gear boxes are embarrassingly bad for end-game content.
  • Options
    No relic 8 mats in inventory.

The 8 relic 8 mats I recieved from pit are not in my inventory.
    268777242 ally code.
    Please fix it.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    sapper317 wrote: »
    No relic 8 mats in inventory.

The 8 relic 8 mats I recieved from pit are not in my inventory.
    268777242 ally code.
    Please fix it.

I believe you need to reach out to ea help (in game settings tabs).
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Can we drop this -entire guild- act? Is there any guild that have done it that way; %90+ of the guild going in at the beginning of all 4 phases? If this really is the case for some guild, please show us your experience.
    The guilds that have completed it already either already used simultaneous starts or will do so going forward because free for all just makes the whole raid harder.

The guilds who cam close but failed to complete the raid the first time will be forced to consider simultaneous starts in order to succeed.

The weaker / less hardcore a guild is, the more players it will need to coordinate simultaneously in order to succeed. A truly asinine setup.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    The guilds that have completed it already either already used simultaneous starts or will do so going forward because free for all just makes the whole raid harder.

The guilds who cam close but failed to complete the raid the first time will be forced to consider simultaneous starts in order to succeed.

The weaker / less hardcore a guild is, the more players it will need to coordinate simultaneously in order to succeed. A truly asinine setup.

While I agree that the coordinated damage posting is silly, I think many (rightly) say that it is/will be doable with more relic teams not using a coordinated attack now and in the future. Neither of my guilds completed it (one could but chooses not to coordinate for various reasons and the other simply cannot). I don’t love it, but possibilities exist and will only increase in number over time.

All that stated, I do prefer the suggestions toward single run increases of boss stats instead of overall health loss based increases in boss stats (affecting all runs).
  • Options
    Correction to my last post I cant find.
    RE: relic 8 mats.

My guild leader had me scroll the inventory list in scavenger section.
    The mats are there.

Apologies for my confusion.
  • Options

GLs are currently the best options for all phases (except 4)as far as I've seen. You can -actually- use them.

*disclaimer: excludes see

Well some of them. But not the new equal in power ones.
  • Options
    Having to coordinate will probably kill my guild. We are all in the same time zone but everyone plays at different hours. Sure we can probably succeed with LOTS of effort and a headache to organize for me and my officers... but i cant see this persisting long term even if we can succeed a few times. This is not the kind of the game where you can except people to be online for specific periods of time and wait for orders etc... Some can do it sure, i mean i can do it... but most in my guild i know wont have the time to be able to do that every time we launch it.

I feel like the R5 restriction is sufficiently restrictive, theres no reason to penalize whole groups just because we cant always play at the same time. I understand the mechanic is there to prevent full solos... well just make it that once you do 20% with a team you get the same mechanic ( or worse even) but just for your team.
  • Options
    R5 requirement is disgusting. Relic alone should qualify a toon.

The ramping damage requiring coordination is just a guild killer.
  • Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Kyno I don't think it leads anywhere answering to this topic again as our opinions on this are clearly different and we won't agree with each other.
    But is the answer to the stacking speed coming with the feedback to what Doja wrote about earlier or can you / the devs already share somthing?
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier [...]
    This is what I'm talking about:
    Nemio wrote: »
    Here, the boss has under 20% health. If it is working like you say, he should have 100%+75+75+75+75 = 400% speed. So anywhere between 880 and 1200. Then Jedi Master Luke goes before him. Unless I'm missing something (would appreciate someone pointing it out if so), the mechanics are not working as you are saying they are. It would be nice to have more insight than: 'It is working as intended'. He is indeed faster and seems to hit harder later on in the fight, but nowhere close to 4 times 75% buffs.

This is the issues he is referring to. We wont hear anything for a little bit due to the bug guy being out, I believe with a bug (ah the irony).

So a studio of CG's size only has ONE guy that can fix this? I read that as just another reason to believe that CG is back burning SWGOH for their new game.

No that's not what was said, please go back and read Dojas comment.

As always, don't let the truth in the way of a good story.
    Noted some of possible bugs being reported earlier and sent them to the appropriate person without realizing they are out sick today. So, as a backup plan, I sent to our general QA dept.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification soon. Might be next week, tho given our resident expert on bugs for this particular raid is out.

Sooooo....the "appropriate PERSON" and "resident expert" (singular) is out...so therefore, we have to wait....which would imply that there is ONE person for this....you know....since we have to wait until that ONE person gets back to work for resolution....becasue there is ONE person. As always, dont let the truth get in the way there Kyno.

Resident expert on bugs for this particular raid.

That in no way states or implies there is only one person who handles all bugs, or is the only one who can fix this. Just that they have one person who would make quicker work of this than others on the team.

But you dont want to believe they have a team, and its basically Crumb and Doja doing all of this from one computer.

He said basically why is there only one person handling bugs in the new Frontline content for swgoh...

You essentially called him a liar saying there isn't just 1 person.

Then he provided support for there being only one person coming directly from someone who actually works at cg (your a volunteer right?)

Then you put words in his mouth like he doesn't beleive there is a team and cg has 1 computed both things he didn't say to try to prove him wrong?

Very childish behavior imo. But hey it's 2020 forum is for players to voice their opinions or just a place to be ridiculed by mods who don't let the truth get in the way of their good stories?
  • Options
    Coordination exhausts officers more than it should and except for some r8 mats I won't find motivation to run it for my guild. We launched it day 1 and won but rewards don't worth the efforts in long run. Just make separate impossible-for-regular-guilds raid for MAWish guilds and remove that 20%-HP boss bonuses for rest of us.