The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'll bring up another issue with the raid. The 20% mechanic sucks but that has already been addressed.

I think the raid itself is flawed in that even on a good run, you get a couple turns and your team is dead.

I have an alt account and have played the original pit with less than ideal characters and even at g8 or so you can get to enrage. You still don't get massive damage without the tm removal but you at least get to take turns.

I think it would have been much better to boost the boss's health or defense to achieve the same results rather than having it one shot relic toons. At least then you get to play until enrage.

Add that to the ramping damage if your guildmates knock it below 80% health and you get the boss killing you without getting a turn. That isn't a fun experience.

This depends on the team very much. Rey+clones consistently gets to enrage which is what I like about it compared to initial hstr times where a team can go under very fast after losing an integral toon.

That's nice for those that farmed the right GL. But for those of use that farmed see (remember he was supposed to be equal), that doesn't happen and you get a couple turns and 2% damage.

Most non GL teams either don't get a turn or get one turn.

I'm fine with GLs doing more damage. After farming them, you deserve it. But other teams should at least get turns. Even if they don't get a lot of damage in.

From a fun aspect, it is more fun to get several turns on a run and get some damage than to die before taking a turn and get a zero.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1835 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Now that the stacking speed/damage mechanic has been "fixed", I am curious, was it working on the test server? In other words, what was CG expecting our experience to be: the first run or the most recent one?

If the first, I think the difficulty is somewhat defensible (albeit a horrible mechanic). If it's what we're seeing now, blah.

Exactly what I asked two pages back. And there was no reaction whatsoever by the devs or Kyno.

Don't worry. A CG rep or Moderator will make a joke about something off topic, and the bootlickers will tell us CG communicates and we have impossible standards. :P

Or, there's a meaningful reaction from the devs (i.e. an announcement, not some "We hear you" **** in this thread), and I will gladly eat crow.
  • Options
    I'll bring up another issue with the raid. The 20% mechanic sucks but that has already been addressed.

I think the raid itself is flawed in that even on a good run, you get a couple turns and your team is dead.

I have an alt account and have played the original pit with less than ideal characters and even at g8 or so you can get to enrage. You still don't get massive damage without the tm removal but you at least get to take turns.

I think it would have been much better to boost the boss's health or defense to achieve the same results rather than having it one shot relic toons. At least then you get to play until enrage.

Add that to the ramping damage if your guildmates knock it below 80% health and you get the boss killing you without getting a turn. That isn't a fun experience.

This depends on the team very much. Rey+clones consistently gets to enrage which is what I like about it compared to initial hstr times where a team can go under very fast after losing an integral toon.

That's nice for those that farmed the right GL. But for those of use that farmed see (remember he was supposed to be equal), that doesn't happen and you get a couple turns and 2% damage.

I'm fine with GLs doing more damage. After farming them, you deserve it. But other teams should at least get turns. Even if they don't get a lot of damage in.

From a fun aspect, it is more fun to get several turns on a run and get some damage than to die before taking a turn and get a zero.

Without enough gls in totality, I doubt the raid is finishable for a guild for now. Even though gls are very nerfed for the raid, they still are the best option for all phases variantly (except see) until we come up with some theorycrafted gl-less teams.
  • Options
    Now that the stacking speed/damage mechanic has been "fixed", I am curious, was it working on the test server? In other words, what was CG expecting our experience to be: the first run or the most recent one?

If the first, I think the difficulty is somewhat defensible (albeit a horrible mechanic). If it's what we're seeing now, blah.

Exactly what I asked two pages back. And there was no reaction whatsoever by the devs or Kyno.

Don't worry. A CG rep or Moderator will make a joke about something off topic, and the bootlickers will tell us CG communicates and we have impossible standards. :P

Or, there's a meaningful reaction from the devs (i.e. an announcement, not some "We hear you" **** in this thread), and I will gladly eat crow.

You mean there's a difference? (Sarcasm in case anyone can't read tone from text)
  • Options
    The amusing thing is it's not Rey that's doing the damage in the team, she's there as a healer. You get murdered terribly if you try to use her the usual way due to mechanics.
  • Options

Without enough gls in totality, I doubt the raid is finishable for a guild for now. Even though gls are very nerfed for the raid, they still are the best option for all phases variantly (except see) until we come up with some theorycrafted gl-less teams.

Supposedly vader, wat, malak, thrawn, +1 can do 10% in phases 2 and 3. But that's the only non GL team that I know of.

I still need one more tb to 7 star wat then I'll give that team a go.

Right now, we just don't know enough. We can't get an answer of they will fix see or not. It's possible they'll just nerf the other GLs for the raid to balance that since the mechanics seem to be anti GL.

I'd really hate to get halfway through gearing the req for Rey or kylo only to have them nerfed. (Which if they want longterm balance in arena is probably the better solution. They probably need nerfed you work only with their faction). But that may limit their viability since both of their raid teams rely on non resistance or non fo people for max damage.
  • Options

SEE does serve a purpose in the raid. You need a relic toon for the Rancor to devour to open phase 2 (even though "Devour" clearly states that the ability starts on cooldown...but that bug hasn't been fixed)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

SEE does serve a purpose in the raid. You need a relic toon for the Rancor to devour to open phase 2 (even though "Devour" clearly states that the ability starts on cooldown...but that bug hasn't been fixed)

But see isn't the best option for this. He is very expensive rancor bait. If you already have him, then, yes, he is good for little else. But rose tico is much easier to r5 for that purpose.
  • Options

But see isn't the best option for this. He is very expensive rancor bait. If you already have him, then, yes, he is good for little else. But rose tico is much easier to r5 for that purpose.

I know - it was more tongue-in-cheek. Sorry, I know that doesn't translate to a message board as well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

Lando is decent Rancor bait, too.
  • Options

I know - it was more tongue-in-cheek. Sorry, I know that doesn't translate to a message board as well.

I think I'll start doing like hk 47 and putting a qualifier at the beginning to be clear.

Statement: See is horrible for the new rancor raid.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »

But not as much fun as rose.
  • Options

Lando at least has a purpose outside of the raid bait lol
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Lando at least has a purpose outside of the raid bait lol

Sarcasm: But rose and see are great
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

Too true, but I’m not gonna gear her up.
  • Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Everyone Complaining on R5 Gate, yeah it's not the Best, but Probably Chars Below it would be Defeated before they could do anything so...

To add to this, some characters do get defeated before they get a turn even at relic 5
  • Options

I'm torn. I do like to get high damage. But I hate the sequels. And gearing toons for Rey or kylo is a huge investment. And with my luck, I'd get halfway there only to have CG decide to nerf them in the raid or for another team that works just as well for less to be found.
  • Options
    exile038 wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    Everyone Complaining on R5 Gate, yeah it's not the Best, but Probably Chars Below it would be Defeated before they could do anything so...

To add to this, some characters do get defeated before they get a turn even at relic 5

But the r5 gate prevents me from using a non r5 Rose as rancor bait.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

I'm torn. I do like to get high damage. But I hate the sequels. And gearing toons for Rey or kylo is a huge investment. And with my luck, I'd get halfway there only to have CG decide to nerf them in the raid or for another team that works just as well for less to be found.

I feel the same way about the sequel trilogy. I was just starting the Kylo grind when JKL was released. Completely changed course. Then it put me on the JML path. I think another GL/character/faction is going to be my farm well before I go for Rey (can’t do Rose or Holdo, just can’t). I still have Kylo, SEE and MBA to go for.
  • Options
    Why did you have to add stacking thresholds? Co ordinating with 40+ people living in different timezones to hold damage and release it at a specific time is ludicrous to begin with, but on top of that, if we fail to do so in P4 we can just kiss the raid goodbye.
    You could simply put individual thresholds to prevent solos and still make this raid enjoyable.In its current state, people will lose interest switching between other apps and the game for orders every few days till the end of time.

To clarify, the difficulty of the raid is fine, but the whole 20% threshold for the entire guild is a disgusting mechanic and should be removed entirely.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    We’ve beat it twice now and absolutely you don’t brute your way through it. Actually only needs about 17 members to beat. But it takes math. Need to have everyone do good %.and hold. Don’t post. Once you have enough damage on hold you give the go ahead to post. Skip to next phase, rinse and repeat. Last phase is the tricky one. 2% is a minimum. 4% is better. Would love to tell you team comps that do 4%+ but I’m not allowed. With low members it makes for about the last 10% to be zerg but that’s also easy with cls and kitchen sink. Still better if you can have more members but once again it doesn’t require everyone.

Are you in the guild from the video?

No we have a better system then that lol
  • Options

I feel the same way about the sequel trilogy. I was just starting the Kylo grind when JKL was released. Completely changed course. Then it put me on the JML path. I think another GL/character/faction is going to be my farm well before I go for Rey (can’t do Rose or Holdo, just can’t). I still have Kylo, SEE and MBA to go for.

I quit for 8 months last year so didn't farm either Rey or kylo. Shortly after I started again, after time to relic a few counters, the new ones dropped and they said they'd be equal. I assumed newer would be slightly better. I figured jkl would be req for jml when the event returned and I wasn't going to make it. So see was the best option. Or so I thought. But now he's just expensive rancor food.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    We’ve beat it twice now and absolutely you don’t brute your way through it. Actually only needs about 17 members to beat. But it takes math. Need to have everyone do good %.and hold. Don’t post. Once you have enough damage on hold you give the go ahead to post. Skip to next phase, rinse and repeat. Last phase is the tricky one. 2% is a minimum. 4% is better. Would love to tell you team comps that do 4%+ but I’m not allowed. With low members it makes for about the last 10% to be zerg but that’s also easy with cls and kitchen sink. Still better if you can have more members but once again it doesn’t require everyone.

Are you in the guild from the video?

No we have a better system then that lol

Cool, thanks I was just curious. Yeah brute force is not a good tactic. Haha.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options

I quit for 8 months last year so didn't farm either Rey or kylo. Shortly after I started again, after time to relic a few counters, the new ones dropped and they said they'd be equal. I assumed newer would be slightly better. I figured jkl would be req for jml when the event returned and I wasn't going to make it. So see was the best option. Or so I thought. But now he's just expensive rancor food.

Unfortunately, you’re right about SEE right now. I would prefer to do his farm next, but that isn’t the smartest GL to go for right now. Rancor food indeed.
  • Options
    I just want to reiterate how terrible and unfun this 20% stacking is. Only takes one person to forget how airplane mode works to ruin the entire raid for 49 other people.
  • Ultra
    11602 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I just want to reiterate how terrible and unfun this 20% stacking is. Only takes one person to forget how airplane mode works to ruin the entire raid for 49 other people.

Yeah, even if you get all 50 players available at the same time, we've had a few who are bad at not posting until its time to post damage
  • Options
    After a couple runs at it, regardless of how we did, I can say the mechanics of this raid is one of the worst things to make its way into the game.
    I feel sorry for international guilds, laid back guilds and most of all officer's who now have the stress of trying to organise members hitting the raid at the same time.

We found ourselves stuck beyond the 20% mark at one point. A SLKR squad managed 0.3%.
    I like a challenge, but not when it is based on coordinated availability of people who have lives outside of this game.
    It shouldn't have to be complete each phase 100% or it's game over. Individual attack runs could have had stacking penalties that reset back to 0 with the next squad, while the Raid had an increased health pool.

A difficult raid would have been fine, but what this raid requires is too much.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, even if you get all 50 players available at the same time, we've had a few who are bad at not posting until its time to post damage

Airplane mode is a must. Then you can go to discord and turn it back on to post your damage and add it up. Just don’t go back in the game without turning airplane mode back on until ready lol
    We have people slip up but not enough to mess the raid up. 1-3 slip ups is tolerable lol
  • Options

It could not be even a player's fault - your app might crash while holding, happened few times in my guild, your phone could ring, etc.
    This game is not designed for a stable hardware as it's a mobile game. Absolute awful idea that puts people in position to risk their jobs, family relations and even life or eventually quit the game. We need to get rid of this mechanic ASAP!