Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    An experiment? Oh, I see. They are experimenting with different options. Cool.
  • Options
    the experiment was if they get away with it :D
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Why is the brand new Hero's Journey character, a Scoundrel, a feat for this Resistance Galactic Challenge?

That's not a realistic goal for anyone, and it feels so arbitrary.
    Post edited by Rebmes on
  • Options
    Ultowe wrote: »

This 100% 😂
    On a serious note its important that these threads frequent this forum when CG tries to pull this kind of crap... it's the only way the community can visibly hold them to account
  • Options
    What I find amazing with CG is that they do not understand communication and the power of it at all.
    They could do the exact same things as they do now but be proactive in their communications about it and their customers would be less angry about it. Maybe even happy with a different spin.

“We’re going to release a new newbie friendly legendary, the required characters are available to farm immediately for f2p which will take just under 2 months for a dedicated player, the combined drop rate will be roughly the same as the high end hard node characters but you can select which nodes to farm during the first month, and for those who feel they want him unlocked day 1 and spend money we add a special bonus feat package in the revamped GC reward on top of the normal rewards and just because it’s Xmas we will give you all 5 extra character shards for each mandalorian series character. Happy holidays” the last part is of course wishful thinking and not really needed. But I think more players would actually spend when they get this initial boost.

There is no amount of spin to make me feel okay that my well relic'd and modded resistance can't get the top box rewards. And why my scoundrels won't next GC. Or my droids the GC after that. No mod building for me! Hurray!

This also has the delightful bonus of impacting Beskar Mando. He's not existed for very long but I already have 0 interest in unlocking him now. He's the toon that is now hampering my roster's development. So why should I get him? I won't be able to get these feats when I finally do unlock him bc we know they won't be returning. This was their 'gotcha' to players. When everyone has him there's zero reason to run the feat again so why should I get him? Maybe CG's legal department can work that one out too.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I don't know why, but I have the feeling that they are trying to do their things (developping the game) on their own, sometimes it's awesome but there is so many area in the game that could be improved , they chose the one that let them get more money (and we can't blame them, it is how a company works) BUT there is ways far less painfull to do it.
    There is a french game developpement studio who make awesome 4x game (if you like this kind of game) and works with its community to make their game great, there is no shame working together !
    There is no shame trying things like others if it's make your game better.

Sorry if I have no right to put is there but the studio is:
    Amplitude Studio and its community: platform https://www.games2gether.com/
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed not a single gun, cuff or carb in the new crates?
  • Options
    This is the consequence of not whaling right away. A new face for the same lesson: buy the new stuff or you will miss out on the good stuff.

If you are not the kind of player that would ever buy the new shiny, then this lesson is not for you. If you are the target whale, the reward boost seems miniscule really, but it is there, a nice little garnish for your new purchase that the scrubs don't get.

There will be more good stuff gated behind Beskar Mando. If you want it, you know the way.
  • Options
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

As much as I like the communication I would chalk this up as an abysmal failure of an experiment. A make good with the rest of the rewards for those who have completed all feats except Beskar Mando would be in order.
  • Options
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

I get this. And I agree with most of it. I still think you guys tripped over your own feet with this one though.

An experiment begins with a question, then you create a hypothesis to answer that question. Then you design a way to test your hypothesis by introducing variables. Then you run the test and draw conclusions to help you going forward. "Why do things fall down instead of up? I think there's a force, let's call it gravity, that draws small things to this much larger thing." For instance.

The question that seems to have predicated this experiment was either "How can we reward people who have unlocked a new character early?" or "What can we do to make sure people don't always use the same team for each Galactic Challenge?" Unfortunately it seems, to me, like someone rolled these two separate questions into one hypothesis: "Requiring a specific new character that is difficult to obtain unless you worked on the requirements early will reward those who did so while also ensuring people can't use the same team over and over." This is a valid experiment in a laboratory or focus group somewhere, but testing it on the playerbase was a terrible idea. We're not a focus group--you pay focus groups. We're players--we pay you. This experiment had the obvious concousion to draw from it: Whether it worked or not to reward early Mandolorian unlockers and whether or not it ensured people didn't repeatedly use the same teams is irrelevant because it made people very, very upset.

The questions should never have been rolled into one experiment. It should have been two separate experiments all along:

To reward people who unlocked Mandolorian early, create a Mandolorian-themed event. It could be a Galactic Challenge, I'm not saying that was the problem. The problem was that you took a Resistance-themed event and shoehorned a Mandolorian requirement on it, thus ensuring that it wouldn't please Resistance OR Mandolorian fans, and would in fact actively upset Resistance fans who were looking forward to finally getting a red box. Had this been a Scoundrel-themed GC like Navarro I don't think you'd see as many upset people, and the upset people you saw would each be less upset.

To ensure people vary their teams, change the opponents, change the even modifiers, and/or require a specific character of that faction. If this feat had been "Use Poe Dameron as your leader" you would have drastically changed the team necessary to accomplish the feat and stayed within the event's theme. If instead of Geonosians we were fighting Sith Empire, we would need different teams still. The only way I could see this experiment breaking bad is if you'd required people to use Rose Tico, because a large portion of the internet are suckers and haters, but, again, at least you're ensuring people don't One Team to Rule Them All.

To sum up: Experimentation is great. Do it. Keep things fresh by introducing different variables. But don't be so arbitrary--or, if you're going to be arbitrary, understand that the only accomplishment is going to be another unforced error like this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Ahnald has spoken. A Kraken has spoken. Let’s hope it does something
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Options
    Ultowe wrote: »

Nah it was too see how much gc feats would milk whales and krakens haha. They bit off more than they could chew luckily
  • Options
    Ahnald has spoken. A Kraken has spoken. Let’s hope it does something

Meh they know Ahnald. He'll run his mouth about how horrible they are to appeal to his fanbase but then like a good little boy he'll turn around and continue to spend spend spend. It's what he does.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    This might be one of those small times they think of their paying customers and in the smallest way say thx lol
    Post edited by Sewpot on
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I was feeling good about the game again, and in the last month I’ve spent more money than I had in the previous 6 months combined. I was even planning on treating myself for Christmas and dropping some coin on packs and crystals to speed up my Blingy-Mando farm and to build Challenge Rancor teams. Now I’m not feeling good about the game, and I have no intention on spending any money on it in the near future...or in any future if the bad will continues. Maybe bad will generates more cash for CG than good will does, and maybe there aren’t enough people like me to impact their bottom line, but the only way to be consistent as a customer is to voice my dissatisfaction and back it up by withdrawing financial support.
  • Options
    I was feeling good about the game again, and in the last month I’ve spent more money than I had in the previous 6 months combined. I was even planning on treating myself for Christmas and dropping some coin on packs and crystals to speed up my Blingy-Mando farm and to build Challenge Rancor teams. Now I’m not feeling good about the game, and I have no intention on spending any money on it in the near future...or in any future if the bad will continues. Maybe bad will generates more cash for CG than good will does, and maybe there aren’t enough people like me to impact their bottom line, but the only way to be consistent as a customer is to voice my dissatisfaction and back it up by withdrawing financial support.

Think there is plenty of people like yourself... I to had planned on spending over xmas... was going to speed up my farms with the new mando packs as well as getting a few key hear pieces as my gear stores are pretty low. Have now come to the decision to not spend and may even consider going F2P if they continue with what's seems could be a new trend
  • Options
    Another thing that’s come to mind, I love how they made mando’s event a permanent thing on day 1. That way they can allow to do feats like this without any sort of complaints/backlash from not being able to access the event due to it being ended.

CG, if that really was your way of thinking, you’re really the worst kind of company.
  • Options
    Pay us £1,000,000.

"This is the way"
  • Options
    I worked for 9 months to get GL Rey. Finally thought I had a chance to complete a glatic challenge but no, CG requires a non resistance character on a resistance challenge.
    This is absurd!!!

I've never posted on the forum before but after playing this game every day for five years this move of their's is making me think of quiting it altogether. I know they are trying to make money but this move could cost them more in lost players than they make off it.

Hope they give us all a great big bonus package as an apology for doing something so absolutely stupid!!!
  • Options
    yeah if they put it in the scoundrell chalange i could accept it even i dont like it but this is simply carbage
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed not a single gun, cuff or carb in the new crates?

Yes and its terrible.
  • Options
    It’s good to see so many people are jumping back off the CG bandwagon. It’s been pretty annoying listening to all the CG apologist.
  • Options
    This might be the first time I have signed into these forums. I came here specifically to say that this feat upsets me every time I open the game right now. If you want to screw the player base into forcing them to purchase specific characters and gear them to certain levels then at least do the real work of creating the environmental effects, enemy team and dialed in difficulty to require it. Don’t just throw in a lazy defensive team on a random environment and then make the gate a completely random and unrelated feat. At least be sly, skillful and cunning if you’re gonna screw people over.

I’m not normally an angry person. But if these types of feats are the norm for the future (which is my concern), then I’m going to be upset often enough that this whole game might not be worth it at all. Y’all won’t feel any pain from the loss of my flash in the pan $50-100 a month spending, but just know that I have NEVER been more excited about Star Wars in my entire life than I am after yesterday’s Mando episode, but today I have very little interest in this game or that **** character.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    It’s good to see so many people are jumping back off the CG bandwagon. It’s been pretty annoying listening to all the CG apologist.

Sorry
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

They deserved praise for the past few months. It had been great. Then they pulled the ol classic cg move by being sneaky
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

They deserved praise for the past few months. It had been great. Then they pulled the ol classic cg move by being sneaky

I wouldn’t say few months. October is when they started with making some good changes and the last two weeks have been absolutely abysmal. If this path continues, idc what anyone says about what they’ve made better. They’ll have erased any goodwill they’ve built
  • Options
    Here is the thing that is horrifying to think about. All the GC's have allowed you to use whatever composition of said team was. Here we set a precedent- Not only is Bando not a resistance...it requires a SPECIFIC character not any 5 of your choosing? What's next - Use a relic 8 character and win to get rewards.....meanwhile only way to relic 8 is 100 bucks or completing pit challenge....I guess that's at least cheaper than putting it behind Bando on day two for those that had other priorities lined up. Good thing we can get these mod parts from other content....oh wait.....
This discussion has been closed.