Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    You want to make a Journey or Legendary or some other character the key to getting full rewards. that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. But at least make sure the character is of the faction being featured. There's no reason Mandalorian should be required to get optimal rewards for a Resistance event. That's a garbage move.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    So how do I prepare for these events if CG continues to experiment indefinitely? I've geared teams for every assault battle and spent quite a bit of money in doing so. I'd be happy to do the same for GCs. But if they never return and instead "take various forms moving forward"... sorry, but that's too vague. I can't farm and gear for all the various forms an event may or may not take, and I refuse to be pressured into ad-hoc purchases.

This type of game is all about long-term planning and resource management, which requires a certain stability and predictability. We need to know which rewards can be obtained from where and with which teams. Why would I whale out on Bando now if the event might never return in this form? I'd need some reassurance that CG continues to honor my investment. This kind of randomness can only disincentivize spending.
  • Options
    Next experiment :

GC feat : win a battle with CUP, mob enforcer, ugnaught, urorrurrr, and KAM
  • Options
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

Wow, that statement took a long time to get approved. Was Mark out of the office part of the day? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So how do I prepare for these events if CG continues to experiment indefinitely? I've geared teams for every assault battle and spent quite a bit of money in doing so. I'd be happy to do the same for GCs. But if they never return and instead "take various forms moving forward"... sorry, but that's too vague. I can't farm and gear for all the various forms an event may or may not take, and I refuse to be pressured into ad-hoc purchases.

This type of game is all about long-term planning and resource management, which requires a certain stability and predictability. We need to know which rewards can be obtained from where and with which teams. Why would I whale out on Bando now if the event might never return in this form? I'd need some reassurance that CG continues to honor my investment. This kind of randomness can only disincentivize spending.

This!
  • Options
    Its like they just wanted to spit in the eye of everyone who chased GL Rey and was severely underwhelmed compared to SLKR...not only did you waste a ton of gear and time leveling up a bunch of useless resistance characters, but now the one event featuring those crap toons can't even be completed without another premium farm...my neck is wet and CG keeps telling me it is raining.
  • Options
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

Why would you bother to post this bull?

To the still "earning most of the rewards" comment:
    The simple fact is that changing to a single loot delivery system based on tiers, does nothing but limit the player.

Previously i could get all but one feat a tier in a GC i lacked the faction on and get all the rewards but that one feat.... now i am limited to not unlocking a certain feat which prevents the next level of loot.

If i fail to get a feat i fail to get all the rewards i used to get. so you can see why that would **** people off.

As to the reply as a whole:
    In the future, dont post this corporate spin. You are the customer advocate.... this response should make you angry as it is equivalent to a "we hear you, now go away".

If you can only say something like this post on a specific subject, I think its time to go all phantom menace and call for "a vote of no confidence" in you as community manager
  • Options

I hate it when the marketing and communications department writes my responses to clients, they always sound just like... this... and actually say nothing. It would've been a far better idea not to respond like this @CG_Doja_Fett because at least you could've kept some of the respect you had from the community.
  • Options
    I think anyone with a brain already knew how this "experiment" would end up.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    This doesn’t sound like Doja to me. This sounds like Doja took complaints from the community to someone else and they wrote this statement for Doja to share back with the community. It lacks the subtle charms while being professionally “informative.”

If I am reading this right, it will be more common to have fresh marquee/legendary requirements to hit all of the feats and earn the highest reward in the future. There was the relic gate in GC rewards before. We hated it and the devs removed it. Why add another paywall? I mean I know why, but why did you ever take the relic gate away if you were just going to do another gating system?

I love Star Wars. I want to love this game. There are a lot of things I do enjoy about the game. I don’t think this event needed to be gated behind Mando (Beskar Armor). If you wanted us to go for Mando, you could have made him amazing in the new Rancor Challenge Tier. I bet many would have spent money simply to beat the raid sooner.

Incentivizing spending on a one off reward box is less appealing compared to spending in order to do well on a weekly raid. Another step backward, CG.
  • Options

You honestly expect us to believe that you guys didn't know what you were doing?
  • Options
    How about the ludicrous speed in the final Tier? Couldn't even get Vader to go first with an effective starting speed of 374 (318+56 from No Escape)...

It means GBA has at least +215 speed from "developer mods" based on 160 G13 base speed.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    How about the ludicrous speed in the final Tier? Couldn't even get Vader to go first with an effective starting speed of 374 (318+56 from No Escape)...

It means GBA has at least +215 speed from "developer mods" based on 160 G13 base speed.

Because they're still "experimenting" with what will make events more difficult. While they figure out what that will be, they are adding TM loads of 200-800% and speeds of +200-400 speed because that's just easier to do.
  • Options

Me and every one of my guild mates can’t get final tier rewards because they are gated behind bando and every single one of us thinks that feat is one of the dumbest things CG has done. None of my guild mates who spend are spending on bando so they can have those final rewards if anything it’s actually made them less likely to spend on him. I thought CG was getting better but I should’ve known better
  • Options

So I read this as, you won’t get all the rewards because we set them behind a ludicrous paywall, but it’s ok because we can do what we want.

Even after the majority unlock and gear up BAM, you guys can just set another marquee toon up in this same manner....

I’m sorry but what the hell? This character just got released two days ago. Is this the new norm? If it is then just shut the game down now. If this is the type of practice that you guys are ok with then save the addicts their hard earned money and shut down the game. This is just a cop out response to say you guys can do as you like. Well guess what, I’ll do as I please and spend my money on MSF since they actually listen to their players. You guys are just awful at your jobs. Especially Mark ****. Bring Carrie back. She at least cared enough to make a single post on this forum.
  • Options
    Don’t worry the 1%ers that dump paychecks will get to slice twice, the rest of us will wait until the next ludicrous feat releases.
  • Options
    It’s pretty simple.

Beskar Mando is only playable once unlocked.

To unlock he needs the Kuiil and IG11 at 7*

These two are on a different farming structure (much appreciated) - but the lead time is ridiculously short.

In essence it is a pure paywall as you can only unlock by spending money.

CG know this. Just be honest.
  • Options

Thank you for taking the time to speak to the dev team but there is not really much substance to the reply they have given.
    We accepted the faction based format that you molded GC on and that it was there to encourage us to broaden the quality of our whole rosta. It was easy to accept when we came up short on some challenges that we needed to put more resources into said team. For many who have worked hard on their resistance faction it was a moment of excitement to see that they would have a shot at top rewards thus rewarding the time,resources and possibly money that they had put into that faction. To then see a totally unrelated and unprecedented requirement just thrown in at the end that blocked them from the top teir rewards is a poor show.
    This rightly came across as diminishing the investment they have put into said faction, whilst also penalizing them for not going out and spending a substantial amount of money to have legendary character unlocked just 2 days after its release.
    With this in mind those players have every right to be angry and disappointed with your actions.
    In your statement you do not rule out doing the same again in the future... so how are we meant to prepare? Why should the player base invest widely across their whole rosta if there is just going to be a random paywall wild card thrown in to earn the top GC rewards?
    This game is nothing without a large player base... we need the F2P and low spenders in ybe game to keep it healthy. Pulling moves like this will only hurt the game in the long run for all involved.
  • Options
    "Experimenting" in cg double speak mean "gauging how much we can turn the temperature on before the frog jumps". This has been the main stay of the game since the beginning. First cause some rage, measure the amount of rage, give something back if it's too much.
  • Options
    What I find amazing with CG is that they do not understand communication and the power of it at all.
    They could do the exact same things as they do now but be proactive in their communications about it and their customers would be less angry about it. Maybe even happy with a different spin.

“We’re going to release a new newbie friendly legendary, the required characters are available to farm immediately for f2p which will take just under 2 months for a dedicated player, the combined drop rate will be roughly the same as the high end hard node characters but you can select which nodes to farm during the first month, and for those who feel they want him unlocked day 1 and spend money we add a special bonus feat package in the revamped GC reward on top of the normal rewards and just because it’s Xmas we will give you all 5 extra character shards for each mandalorian series character. Happy holidays” the last part is of course wishful thinking and not really needed. But I think more players would actually spend when they get this initial boost.
  • Options
    Next experiment :

This is a false equivalency, though. These characters have been around forever. Stick to the matter at hand--Requiring an unrelated character for an event's rewards.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Next experiment :

This is a false equivalency, though. These characters have been around forever. Stick to the matter at hand--Requiring an unrelated character for an event's rewards.

He forgot to say you need'em all on R8.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
This discussion has been closed.