Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Game Over dear CG, game over...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Now that we are slowly burning through most of -4- speed bump mods and the no hits gradually need higher mod mats, this is turning even more insidious. The difference in first mat between these 2 chests shows a %25 loss, but it's a %50 loss on higher mats

rdkbqj9a7007.png

kxgsk54plb9r.png

ii4ou3mllwit.png

Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • Options
    My guild had a 5 year vet quit over this. 5 years this guy never missed a login. 5 years this guy gave you his loyalty, his time, and his money.
    There are plenty of posts here to cover my every complaint on the matter so I will just close by saying that this is bad business CG. Despicable and you know it.
  • Options
    That corporate spin @CG_Doja_Fett posted basically says the january calendar is set and they wont be changing it in regards to the GC.

From datamines we see this is basically all mando and all annoying. So be ready. This wont get better until halfway throigh q1 2021.

Unless they develop something for once and release a fix. Post reads like thats not possible but according to the year of upgrades this thing should be a quick fix.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    That corporate spin @CG_Doja_Fett posted basically says the january calendar is set and they wont be changing it in regards to the GC.

From datamines we see this is basically all mando and all annoying. So be ready. This wont get better until halfway throigh q1 2021.

Unless they develop something for once and release a fix. Post reads like thats not possible but according to the year of upgrades this thing should be a quick fix.

I really hope you are wrong and they going to fix it. A lot of people doesn’t know about data-mine and think this is one off, but even more people think this is a sneaky move to cash grab and they will back off due to uproar in the community. If they won’t - well, this is just the beginning of the unrest in the community...
  • Porgalicious
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Leodemiurg wrote: »

I really hope you are wrong and they going to fix it. A lot of people doesn’t know about data-mine and think this is one off, but even more people think this is a sneaky move to cash grab and they will back off due to uproar in the community. If they won’t - well, this is just the beginning of the unrest in the community...

They've made their statement. I was honestly surprised they even commented on it - don't expect any changes, and expect this mechanic to stay the same for the future. If you set the bar really low, you can't be disappointed, although CG does it's best to test that statement on a regular basis. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were to plan a surprise mechanic to take shards away during character farm from time-to-time. That's how low my expectations are for them right now.

Conspiracy theory: Krakens, like a spoiled child, got really mad when the idea of the dirty proletariat being able to get a shiny new character within a few weeks of them along with a leveling of the playing field when it came to the new slicing materials. CG complied because they're more afraid of losing kraken money than losing players that pay small amounts or none at all (which is fine, that's their decision). This game is all about catering content to those who spend the most and the rest trickles down to us. Get used to it and accept it - play the game as you see fit.

Farm who you want, find your niche and have as much fun with your guildmates as your can. Don't expect anything except roadblocks and a few random giveaways to keep you mildly satiated while the top spenders get anything and everything they desire.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    bvckpomhqbjg.png
  • Options
    You know what’s the saddest thing is?

It is community VERSUS developers every time, not community WITH developers working on the game.

Very, very saddening.
  • Options

Conspiracy theory: Krakens, like a spoiled child, got really mad when the idea of the dirty proletariat being able to get a shiny new character within a few weeks of them along with a leveling of the playing field when it came to the new slicing materials.

I genuinely thought the same thing. The big spenders don't like it that the plebeian class have been getting slicing mats at pretty much the same rate as them. Quick call to CG has now remedied that.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    It’s good to see so many people are jumping back off the CG bandwagon. It’s been pretty annoying listening to all the CG apologist.

If being a reasonable person who doesn't jump on the knee-**** bandwagon every time a training droid heist is held the 13th day instead of the 12th day makes me an apologist, then go buy a kitten.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    It's a bit weird to put Mando in a Resistance event, but I think I understand the reason for it.

For those players who whaled on Kuiil and IG-11, there should be some sort of reward before the masses catch up and unlock them, which is going to happen way sooner because of the somewhat accelerated drop rate.

So they only have a short window to enjoy having a shiny new Beskar Mando that others do not have yet.

This GC is part of that window. So unless you are one of the above mentioned whales, getting a full clear in this GC is not for you.

I can live with that, since I don't see it as a recurring thing - it's to balance the accelerated drop rate.
  • Options
    I can live with that, since I don't see it as a recurring thing - it's to balance the accelerated drop rate.

Data-mine shows otherwise, it is also an important precedent. It’s not the last NEW character, so it’s not the last OPPORTUNITY to gate essential content and cash grab. If you don’t see that - prepare to be very disappointed in upcoming months.
  • Options
    Again, nobody would have any problems if they would give extra stuff for those who whale hard on new Bando. But they locked EXISTING content, up until now available to f2p behind it. That’s why everybody mad.
  • Options
    You know what’s the saddest thing is?

It is community VERSUS developers every time, not community WITH developers working on the game.

Very, very saddening.

What's even sadder is that there was a time when it was that way.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Conspiracy theory: Krakens, like a spoiled child, got really mad when the idea of the dirty proletariat being able to get a shiny new character within a few weeks of them along with a leveling of the playing field when it came to the new slicing materials.

I genuinely thought the same thing. The big spenders don't like it that the plebeian class have been getting slicing mats at pretty much the same rate as them. Quick call to CG has now remedied that.

That would mean that the company has made itself subject to blackmail. A very bad sign and also embarrassing.
  • Options
    Again, nobody would have any problems if they would give extra stuff for those who whale hard on new Bando. But they locked EXISTING content, up until now available to f2p behind it. That’s why everybody mad.

This would be a good third option added to the two I mentioned earlier:

Add a second tier of red box, add Mandalorian requirement as a fourth feat, set the threshold for that last box to the point where you can't get it without that fourth feat. That way you're rewarding early investors without punishing people who can't get it yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I, for one, welcome the 26 overlords who pay for me to play for free.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It's bad game design to depend on such a small percentage of extremely high spenders. And to rely on only those to keep the game going is, at its best, short-sighted. A healthy game economy would encourage the majority of players to pay small amounts on a regular base, to support a game they love... instead in this game's current state, players get scared away or boycott spending at all.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Maybe even less, since you could do it for free with hoarded crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

This^^

I would welcome those who spent money unlocking Bando earning “exclusive” (hard to type that without laughing) rewards for doing so. Existing rewards effectively being gated behind a paywall is just awful.

Note: If the mod slicing materials were available anywhere else, I would not care.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

The bigger point is that only 26 people can get the highest tier of rewards for these GAC’s as even those with boarded crystals are limited because of the atrocious drop rates on Kuil and IG-11.
  • Options
    I'm rather sure swgoh.gg is not updating Mando right right now. My guild shows zero unlocks even though there are many. I'd be really surprised if it's not in the few hundreds already after they correct whatever issue they have.

f560fbprgooz.png
    7l5ktaizirpo.png
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The bigger point is that only 26 people can get the highest tier of rewards for these GAC’s as even those with boarded crystals are limited because of the atrocious drop rates on Kuil and IG-11.

This is a glimmer of hope actually. This may mean their “experiment” have failed. I don’t see how it may be a good business move to **** off whole community, force many of them to boycott paying, push some of them to leave, and all of that just to milk few dozens krakens. There is hope that they will abandon this idea.
  • Options

This is a glimmer of hope actually. This may mean their “experiment” have failed. I don’t see how it may be a good business move to **** off whole community, force many of them to boycott paying, push some of them to leave, and all of that just to milk few dozens krakens. There is hope that they will abandon this idea.

It would be nice if this was actually the case, it would give the impression what cg does flunk. Unfortunately it isn't the reality, whales are going at it like there's no tomorrow like usual. We'll soon see the real picture of what's happening.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    It's a bit weird to put Mando in a Resistance event, but I think I understand the reason for it.

For those players who whaled on Kuiil and IG-11, there should be some sort of reward before the masses catch up and unlock them, which is going to happen way sooner because of the somewhat accelerated drop rate.

So they only have a short window to enjoy having a shiny new Beskar Mando that others do not have yet.

This GC is part of that window. So unless you are one of the above mentioned whales, getting a full clear in this GC is not for you.

Oh I have bad news for you. Next GC he's there again. And the one after that. And how does denying me, who isn't chasing Beskar Mando but has maxed resistance, my deserved red box in Galactic Challenges create 'balance'? That's the most ridiculous thing I've read since Doja posted their legal department's assurances that they're going to do this again.

Also if CG feels the need to 'balance' an accelerated drop rate, how about DON'T HAVE ONE? As it currently stands, there's no longer any reason for anyone to work on their various factions for Galactic Challenges bc in the future, as the lawyers stated, CG will be doing this again.

There are a million other ways they could 'reward' the whales without harming everyone else. They have chosen to harm everyone else. Don't excuse that decision or give them a pass for it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

You catch on pretty quick
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.