Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    4lolo wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    For me it is not enjoyable at all. In my top team I have all with 250+ speed (vader effective around 290), r3-r7 and I am not able to get through sector 2. In last fight I didn't make even single move before I was thrashed. That is ridiculous.

What you consider your top team seems too weak for hard mode. Imo you should chill a bit in normal until you develop better teams.

I am on normal mode...

Ok then, maybe we can give you a few pointers on what to develop. Reliced Vader team should do perfetcly fine on full stamina, but this depends on whom you use with him.
  • The main thing I see with this round is that normal mode is 2x as hard this time around. I’ve come up against a Shaak/Clones squad that are way to OP. They are almost one shoting a relic 6 JKR. I understand that it is fun if it’s a challenge but not so hard to the point that it’s one shoting R6 toons. Again, normal mode r3 clones should not be so OP they one shot a relic 6 Jedi Knight Revan. At that point it’s not fun anymore. It just makes me not want to play this game anymore.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    For me it is not enjoyable at all. In my top team I have all with 250+ speed (vader effective around 290), r3-r7 and I am not able to get through sector 2. In last fight I didn't make even single move before I was thrashed. That is ridiculous.

What you consider your top team seems too weak for hard mode. Imo you should chill a bit in normal until you develop better teams.

I am on normal mode...

Ok then, maybe we can give you a few pointers on what to develop. Reliced Vader team should do perfetcly fine on full stamina, but this depends on whom you use with him.

I found speed booster in shop (+16%) and on final battle in Sector 2 I was able to make 2 moves one time, maybe 5 other time. Stamina is 100%. That gives my Vader 335 speed, 305 for Palp, 321 for Thrawn, 323 for Dooku, 293 for Darth Sion. I tried with KRU instead of Darth Sion, but the result was similar. I know this is not the best team in the game, but 2 moves before I got thrashed with 335 speed?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    The main thing I see with this round is that normal mode is 2x as hard this time around. I’ve come up against a Shaak/Clones squad that are way to OP. They are almost one shoting a relic 6 JKR. I understand that it is fun if it’s a challenge but not so hard to the point that it’s one shoting R6 toons. Again, normal mode r3 clones should not be so OP they one shot a relic 6 Jedi Knight Revan. At that point it’s not fun anymore. It just makes me not want to play this game anymore.

It's not any harder, nothing has changed.

My alt is 3m and it's the same experience as last time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The main thing I see with this round is that normal mode is 2x as hard this time around. I’ve come up against a Shaak/Clones squad that are way to OP. They are almost one shoting a relic 6 JKR. I understand that it is fun if it’s a challenge but not so hard to the point that it’s one shoting R6 toons. Again, normal mode r3 clones should not be so OP they one shot a relic 6 Jedi Knight Revan. At that point it’s not fun anymore. It just makes me not want to play this game anymore.

Jkr is very squishy, even at r8. Other probably gave you the same advice, but to pass through a non-boss wall, you can: go around it and fight another team, try a different disk allocation, use a potion.

Good luck !
  • Do we know for sure if data disks stack?

For example, if I have 2x Leader's Resolve equipped and both give +66% Max Health, do I get +132% or +66?

I had originally assumed they would stack, but based on the HP lost by my Rey when she uses LB, this disc does not appear to.

Similar question for others (e.g. Deployable Cooling Systems, Decay: Turn Meter, Vitality, Power, etc)
  • Do we know for sure if data disks stack?

For example, if I have 2x Leader's Resolve equipped and both give +66% Max Health, do I get +132% or +66?

I had originally assumed they would stack, but based on the HP lost by my Rey when she uses LB, this disc does not appear to.

Similar question for others (e.g. Deployable Cooling Systems, Decay: Turn Meter, Vitality, Power, etc)

They do stack. Everything stacks. If it wasn’t for the stacking cooldowns, I wouldn’t be able to beat that JML boss on hard mode or do the 700% TM reduction Beskar Mando feat with Jedi Training Rey lead resistance team.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1758 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Do we know for sure if data disks stack?

They do stack. Everything stacks. If it wasn’t for the stacking cooldowns, I wouldn’t be able to beat that JML boss on hard mode or do the 700% TM reduction Beskar Mando feat with Jedi Training Rey lead resistance team.

Well, I know the HP for Leader's Resolve doesn't stack. :(

EDIT: I am wrong, probably
    Post edited by Ragnarok_COTF on
  • Morgoth01
    487 posts Member
    edited March 2021

How do you know? Can you describe what you're seeing a bit more thoroughly? I don't quite understand your comment about the HP lost by Rey when using LB - as far as I know, you can only see the % health lost, and since LB is based on reducing by a fixed %, not really sure what you are seeing here...
    All data disks are intended to stack, but might be there's a bug with the leaders resolve ones...
  • i really like it! Its a lot of fun! :) Im just only missing one stage only for fleets. Should be open at the beginning with stage one and only one. but i would love to try something with fleets and special data disks :grin:
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1758 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

How do you know? Can you describe what you're seeing a bit more thoroughly? I don't quite understand your comment about the HP lost by Rey when using LB - as far as I know, you can only see the % health lost, and since LB is based on reducing by a fixed %, not really sure what you are seeing here...
    All data disks are intended to stack, but might be there's a bug with the leaders resolve ones...

EDIT:

Okay, I think I realize what I'm missing. The boosts are probably on Rey's base stats, not her effective stats. Rey's unique and leader ability give her, effectively, +100% HP. The disks give her +132% HP. So that would put me at +232% HP.

200k x (1+232%) x <25% LB penalty> = 166k

original:

When Rey uses LB you can see how much HP she loses. In GC, Rey loses about 100k HP. In Conquest, she is losing 166k, which means she has 66% more HP in Conquest than normal. If the discs stacked, I'd be losing 232k HP when I use LB.
  • Feedback Update: Hard node cleared. Just leftover feats left.

General: The difficulty is totally fine so long as data cards are left alone. I get if there will be minor tweaks and alterations but for the love of the jedi do not nerf them severely. You still need the right comps and combinations to make specific strategies work and I fear an overhaul will ruin the overall system.

Data cards: As stated above, minor tweaks are ok but overall please leave them be. The theory crafting with them is great. Having said that if there are changes made, then the availability of better cards needs to be more common. The only purple data card I could get the entire hard more was booming voice at the end of the conquest. The discrepancy is a little bit much and I think the end data cards should be the same for all and more rewarding than a node in the middle of the sector would be.

Rewards: Gotta boost those numbers up. Remove mk4 carbs and stun guns. TRASH! Please don’t take away gear boxes as you progress either. I get RC is the big ticket reward but a few extra shards are not worth the loss of gear boxes.

Traveling Scavenger: Prices are a bit high honestly for higher end relic materials/ gear. Could use a reduction in price especially considering the cap you’ve imposed on conquest credits. The items themselves are really cool though.

Feats: Counters. Counters and....counters. Lots of the feats are fun to try and get but the health recovery and TM strip is annoying beyond belief. Less of those. Or just get rid of them.

Difficulty: I like the challenge. JML’s enemy buff was such a pain in the...ahem...but it was fun to snuff him out with leaders resolve data cards and booming voice when I played it again.

Bottom line: Conquest is a win in my book. There’s some minor tweaks we all want to see I’m sure, but the groundwork of this game mode is fantastic and something we’ve wanted for a LONG LONG time. Bravo CG, you guys have done extremely well with this new feature and I look forward to how much play you guys have with this in the future.

PS: If you made a Clone wars maul the next exclusive prize....I wouldn’t complain ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nearing the end of hard mode, I think an "uber-hard" mode might be in order. I expected to get stuck somewhere before the end, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I have a fairly well developed roster, but there certainly are bigger fish than me and they probably breezed through hard mode already, so I think something in the difficulty ballpark of the LS Geo TB would be useful in addition to (NOT instead of) the current hard mode. It would probably have to break the gradual difficulty progression and start at a lower level than hard sector 5, otherwise even the first box might be hard to obtain for people who clear hard. Or give a bunch of datadisks before the first battle.
  • Bunk
    6 posts Member
    So, thank you for creating a fun game mode (I’d rather just have expanded GAC with guild/friend play, less 3v3 but more weird stuff like 6v6, but that’s neither here nor there), but once a month is just not going to cut it. We’ve seen that it can be full-cleared in a day, and we’ve seen that the cadence can be twice a month (it’s literally happening right now). It needs to be twice a month, and anything less is just another slap in the face.
  • robert68
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Having a great time!! Even though I only have about 1 million GP, it's still a lot of fun to wipe out some G12 rebels with my empire! When I'm stronger, I'm really looking forward to it! skribbl io
    Post edited by robert68 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    So now with conquest out (wonderful game mode) is there a Road ahead in the works? Also a question regarding conquest, I noticed all 5 of the bosses were the same as last conquest, is there going to be variations in bosses or will it always be those 5?

CT_Waxer_7777 yes the bosses will be the same, that is designed that way so players have at least some measurable point to build towards, as the other factors will change each time.

Do you know (or have it been mentioned somewhere) if the feats are going to stay the same?
    It would make it simpler to complete feats if they are the same every time, but could make it more interesting (or bothersome) if they mix up event, sector and boss feats from run to run.

There is a lot of flexibility here with what they can change, but I think we will see them the same for a little while as they are rolling this out.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    So now with conquest out (wonderful game mode) is there a Road ahead in the works? Also a question regarding conquest, I noticed all 5 of the bosses were the same as last conquest, is there going to be variations in bosses or will it always be those 5?

CT_Waxer_7777 yes the bosses will be the same, that is designed that way so players have at least some measurable point to build towards, as the other factors will change each time.

Do you know (or have it been mentioned somewhere) if the feats are going to stay the same?
    It would make it simpler to complete feats if they are the same every time, but could make it more interesting (or bothersome) if they mix up event, sector and boss feats from run to run.

There is a lot of flexibility here with what they can change, but I think we will see them the same for a little while as they are rolling this out.

I'm still not sure what I hope for on this. It'll be a lot simpler with the same feats from time to time, just need to find that magic formula and work it, but it will also be a lot less interesting if you can just follow 1 approach every time.
    As long as they don't increase amount of TM removal feats (without counters and with 2 out of 5 enemies being immune to TM reduction...) and don't start with the "own character Y to access final box", I'd be happy to see some variety here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm still not sure what I hope for on this. It'll be a lot simpler with the same feats from time to time, just need to find that magic formula and work it, but it will also be a lot less interesting if you can just follow 1 approach every time.
    As long as they don't increase amount of TM removal feats (without counters and with 2 out of 5 enemies being immune to TM reduction...) and don't start with the "own character Y to access final box", I'd be happy to see some variety here.

From my understanding, they plan to make changes to aspects like this, but it will be either few changes here and there over long periods (so each one will change but will stick around for a bit), or long holds and then changes (as in they all change at once). either way you should have time to work up a strategy and make it work for you.

but even that is just the general thoughts they have, and for right now they want to just get this rolling, it is still very early to know what the future will truly bring.
  • Is this the new puzzle ?
  • I also find the 2nd round of Conquest much harder. I have better discs this time (now I know what to look for) but find the battles much more frustrating.

I thought 1st Conquest that CG had done good and finally created something incredible, that you could enjoy and work hard for success. Now I'm back to wondering why I bother as the difficulty seems to, once again, revert to "smash you into frustration in the hope you spend even more dolla"
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    stepgib wrote: »
    I also find the 2nd round of Conquest much harder. I have better discs this time (now I know what to look for) but find the battles much more frustrating.

I thought 1st Conquest that CG had done good and finally created something incredible, that you could enjoy and work hard for success. Now I'm back to wondering why I bother as the difficulty seems to, once again, revert to "smash you into frustration in the hope you spend even more dolla"

My 2.4M alt account got stopped by a GAS squad in the 1st run in sector 5 (I only want T6 crate for more gear so I just went for feats instead of gunning for the end), but I made it all the way through the final boss this 2nd time. I only have EP/Vader, JKR & Padme squads realistically available for use.

There could be some RNG differences on disks and opponents that could be stopping you, but perhaps there are some available ideas that could help you. What teams do you have? What disks do you have? What opponents are you struggling with?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I'm through on my alt now and see zero difference.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lowynn
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I concur with the players in this thread who are expressing the fact that "Normal" mode seems to be more difficult this time around. If anything (since the first Galactic Conquest), my characters have become better overall. However, I'm struggling to get through certain sectors and enemy squads comparatively speaking to the first GC.

I do understand the argument regarding data disks (acquiring the proper types, combining them according to the squads you're facing, as well as stacking them appropriately), in an effort to maximize your progression. I also understand the RNG aspect of the game (battles vary from one attempt to the next), and they need to otherwise the game would become overly predictable. Both explanations are plausible reasons for why certain players may be experiencing more difficulty this time around when compared to others.

However, I also can't deny that several of our guild members are experiencing the same issue as myself, as well as various posts on Reddit, and here within the SWGoH forum ("Normal" mode GC seems more difficult this time around compared to the 1st GC).

For those of you who haven't been affected adversely during your 2nd "Normal" mode playthrough, I'm happy your experience thus far has been positive. I really wish that I felt the same way, but unfortunately I do not.

If this were an isolated incident, I would say, "Well...I drew the short straw. Better luck next time." However, I can't deny what I'm experiencng at the present time when compared to the previous GC. I would also be remiss if I were to exclude what the members from my guild are saying, as well as the folks on Reddit and the SWGoH forums.
    Post edited by Lowynn on
  • Konju wrote: »
    I also find the 2nd round of Conquest much harder. I have better discs this time (now I know what to look for) but find the battles much more frustrating.

My 2.4M alt account got stopped by a GAS squad in the 1st run in sector 5 (I only want T6 crate for more gear so I just went for feats instead of gunning for the end), but I made it all the way through the final boss this 2nd time. I only have EP/Vader, JKR & Padme squads realistically available for use.

There could be some RNG differences on disks and opponents that could be stopping you, but perhaps there are some available ideas that could help you. What teams do you have? What disks do you have? What opponents are you struggling with?

I have nearky 6m gp and been playing for 5 years. I know the difference between bad rng and a difficulty level across the entire conquest that is wholly apparent to me. The enemies are faster and stronger than last time and kill my Relic 7 teams right off the bat with full stamina.

There is something not right with this current conquest for me and I don't feel I need to investigate what I may be doing wrong.
  • stepgib wrote: »
    There is something not right with this current conquest for me and I don't feel I need to investigate what I may be doing wrong.

The losses I experienced were when the opposing team had the modifier Steadfast Retribution, or the Overprepared one. By chance did you not look at modifiers? Both of those are the worst and make a C team punch at A levels.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • stepgib wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

I have nearky 6m gp and been playing for 5 years. I know the difference between bad rng and a difficulty level across the entire conquest that is wholly apparent to me. The enemies are faster and stronger than last time and kill my Relic 7 teams right off the bat with full stamina.

Wait you have nearly 6 mil GP but you're still doing Normal mode? Why?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Please do something about the feats in hard mode. They have everything about feats that everyone detests from GC (Galactic Challenges) - i.e. no counter for difficult to track stats like healing health %, or % TM removal, they require specific teams/comps - but not too strong or the opponents die to fast to complete the feat, etc. but have the added frustration of costing energy when you fail.

This, similar to the acquisition of GL relic materials, discourages people from actually engaging the content. It's better to not waste energy and wait until someone else posts a walkthrough, a cheese team that accomplishes multiple feats, check what other people did first, etc. I'm not quite sure why CG keeps doing things that seem like a combination of mechanics they already know people don't enjoy.

The first week of Conquest is enjoyable - the 2nd week/last few days, trying to accomplish 1 or 2 mundane feats is not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

I have 5.5M GP on my main and only been playing 3 years. Finished hard mode boss with that account. For my alt account the experience on Normal was the same: I have lost battles but overall did better on the 2nd attempt. I only have 6 characters at relic levels (R5 max) that made their way through the event. Again I just have JKR, Padme and EP/Vader teams realistically available for use.

If you don’t feel the need to investigate further to try to prove your case more fully (since my experience of not beating it 1st go round and fully beating it 2nd go round negates your argument), then why should CG or other players take time to investigate further? Your feeling is just a feeling at this point. I was only trying to help you succeed, but it seems you do not want that in preference to holding onto your own perceived difference of difficulty and the resulting negative feelings you expressed.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Only problem I had was data disks. I got doubles of the same disk numerous times. So by the time I got to jml I really was stuck on some feats because of lack of good disks. Now I’m on the max prize and have only 2 feats I keep banging my head against to try and finish for my ocd. Without those key disks it’s impossible. I agree with other people that feats should change up. Factions should also be shuffled up a little better. 1 zone I have 5 Phoenix teams. Gets a little lame fighting the same team even if they have different abilities each time. Would be cool if each pick out opponent and the abilities they will have. Then after the battle you can’t pick that faction again until you cross over fog of war. My 2 cents
  • I honestly don't know why anyone enjoys this. It is a longer version of challenges, which is terrible.

Both modes have modifiers which ruin almost every battle. Why not just have teams fight each other evenly?

Challenges are over in like an hour, then nothing more to be done. Conquest is over in a few days, then pointless replaying to get feats for days. Days of nothing...

All the praise heaped upon it so far is beyond my comprehension.