Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Cameron3
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm not having any luck against this GL Rey. Anyone I can reach out to to discuss strategy?
  • Options
    So after reaching sector 4 so far my main realization about Conquest (without deployable cooling) is that it needs a lot more transparency and information about enemy stats and how disks & modifiers interact and in which order things are applied. And a feat counter.
    As it stands now it’s a big game of guessing and wasting precious energy & currency to try out different strats that often do not work out as expected because of under the hood mechanics.
    It’s quickly getting less fun, which is a shame since this game mode really have a lot of potential.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So after reaching sector 4 so far my main realization about Conquest (without deployable cooling) is that it needs a lot more transparency and information about enemy stats and how disks & modifiers interact and in which order things are applied. And a feat counter.
    As it stands now it’s a big game of guessing and wasting precious energy & currency to try out different strats that often do not work out as expected because of under the hood mechanics.
    It’s quickly getting less fun, which is a shame since this game mode really have a lot of potential.

This was all pointed out at the beginning, but taking away things that help players takes higher priority than fixing stuff that makes it less fun...
  • Options
    If nothing else there are two things that would at least be a cheap temporary fix to alleviate some of the frustration without affecting the difficulty balance.

1) remove the energy cost at failed attempts
    2) remove the currency cost for switching disks

• TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why 3.5?

@TVF Doja called it 3,5 in the post Crystal and conquest reimbursement post a while back.
  • Options
    I definitely think it would be nice if you got some number of free disc swaps. Or maybe 1* are always free to swap and only 2* or above require tickets. With the increase in difficulty a little more theory crafting, tweaking, and fine tuning based on the squad you're using and the enemy squad is necessary and those tickets add up for sure.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    It's not an increase in difficulty, it's a "there's no more DCS nuclear option".

Without equipping DCS Conquest has been pretty much the same difficulty each time.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    In the past, BTW, Geos & Ewoks might also be a problem because they too get a lot of TM jumps, but with the sheer numbers of assists & mass attacks, the use of Convor's Agility is going to give you tons of dodge and therefore tons of TM. So that disk should be something close to a hard counter for them, and their speed/TM train isn't the same problem it is for Rebels.

Have to find a Convor's agility first. I was more than halfway through sector 3 before I even found one. instead CG was doing things like this to me: wue98slag6ax.png

ouch!
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Why 3.5?

@TVF Doja called it 3,5 in the post Crystal and conquest reimbursement post a while back.

Doja called the last one 3.5 in that post, he said this one would be 4
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's not an increase in difficulty, it's a "there's no more DCS nuclear option".

Without equipping DCS Conquest has been pretty much the same difficulty each time.

That's like saying that banning SLKR from CRancor doesn't make it harder, only removes a "nuclear option". Datadisks are an integral part of the game mode, changes to disks affect the difficulty of the whole.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to get a green Zealous Ambition disk in s1 (supports and healers get offense = +44% of their max health). My relic supports can pretty much one-shot any enemy. Echo is particularly nasty as I have him modded for max health for the Reek. At 57k, his offense goes up by 25k, making his grenade toss do 35k special damage. Add in the Offensive Buffs disk and 5s, and he can one-shot the entire enemy team in s4. Padme, GMY, and most of my troopers are similarly deadly. It's been fun playing this conquest because of the big shift in strategy that one disk has caused.

Only thing I miss about DCS is the ease at which some feats could be completed (esp the 700% TM one), but even the marked feat has been reworked so that GG and Piett marking allies counts, so that's not nearly as bad.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

1) Taking away something that makes the game easier is, by definition, making it harder (increasing the difficulty). It's basically a tautology.

2) I can do fine without DCS. The bigger pain point is the loss of Quickening.

Worth noting that if there had been any indication that my roster wasn't sufficient to clear GC from the first few runs I might have prioritized different parts of my roster to adjust. Realistically I need to put GL Rey on hold and Relic JKR/DR/Padme instead (for GC purposes, at least).
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Acymetric wrote: »

1) Taking away something that makes the game easier is, by definition, making it harder (increasing the difficulty). It's basically a tautology.

2) I can do fine without DCS. The bigger pain point is the loss of Quickening.

Worth noting that if there had been any indication that my roster wasn't sufficient to clear GC from the first few runs I might have prioritized different parts of my roster to adjust. Realistically I need to put GL Rey on hold and Relic JKR/DR/Padme instead (for GC purposes, at least).

I agree. I feel like quickening is a bigger loss than DCS. Now, some of my toons that aren’t high relics (and a few times some that are) are killed before my first time. I’m hoping I can compensate after clearing by just going back with GLs to pick up the lost keycards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to get a green Zealous Ambition disk in s1 (supports and healers get offense = +44% of their max health). My relic supports can pretty much one-shot any enemy. Echo is particularly nasty as I have him modded for max health for the Reek. At 57k, his offense goes up by 25k, making his grenade toss do 35k special damage. Add in the Offensive Buffs disk and 5s, and he can one-shot the entire enemy team in s4. Padme, GMY, and most of my troopers are similarly deadly. It's been fun playing this conquest because of the big shift in strategy that one disk has caused.

Only thing I miss about DCS is the ease at which some feats could be completed (esp the 700% TM one), but even the marked feat has been reworked so that GG and Piett marking allies counts, so that's not nearly as bad.

I am also really loving that disc too, I used it last time too.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, GG marking allies counts again? Are we sure? It used to count and last run they changed it to not count.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Who did you use it with? Last time it only applied to healers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

barriss and jolee really crush things and it makes NS even better (g8 talia too) as my favorite "non used" characters/teams to add into the mix, as stamina gets low.

at the time I applied it thinking it applied to both, and just the wording was incorrect. so I thought it was going to be more generally effective, but still its a good disc.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I think my favorite disc to use is Debuff Dismantler. Combined with offensive buffs is quite nice.

c3hvii94imvp.png
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

barriss and jolee really crush things and it makes NS even better (g8 talia too) as my favorite "non used" characters/teams to add into the mix, as stamina gets low.

at the time I applied it thinking it applied to both, and just the wording was incorrect. so I thought it was going to be more generally effective, but still its a good disc.

I'm pretty sure it applies to both now, because after equipping it GMY, R2, and BB8 hit like a truck. Jolee still hits like a wet noodle though. That disc is definitely a huge help, but I'm still spending 2-4 attempts per node waiting for the RNG to take out the least useful toon so that I can 2* with the remaining 4. If I could pull one or the 5% offense when gaining a buff discs I could get away with dropping some of my other offensive discs in favor of defensive discs I suppose.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    I think my favorite disc to use is Debuff Dismantler. Combined with offensive buffs is quite nice.

c3hvii94imvp.png

I thought that disc looked great last GC, but I didn't feel like I noticed any impact (from the mastery, obviously it cleared debuffs sometimes) even paired with DCS, the TM gain when receiving a buff,
    Offensive + Defensive buffs discs, and GMY endlessly spreading buffs around. I found double dipping on the 5% stacking offense discs was way more effective.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, GG marking allies counts again? Are we sure? It used to count and last run they changed it to not count.

Anyone? Or was that post nonsense?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I'm pretty sure it applies to both now, because after equipping it GMY, R2, and BB8 hit like a truck. Jolee still hits like a wet noodle though. That disc is definitely a huge help, but I'm still spending 2-4 attempts per node waiting for the RNG to take out the least useful toon so that I can 2* with the remaining 4. If I could pull one or the 5% offense when gaining a buff discs I could get away with dropping some of my other offensive discs in favor of defensive discs I suppose.

yes it does, and its great.

may want to check your moding, my Jolee is crushing people.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    Options

Anyone? Or was that post nonsense?

I think it works, I used Troopers right now and marked Starck with Piett and it counted as 1 mark (previously had zero)
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options

I picked one of those up but haven’t used it yet. I’m thinking it will make my imperial troopers crush teams quickly (if they survive the opening barrage LOL).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I picked one of those up but haven’t used it yet. I’m thinking it will make my imperial troopers crush teams quickly (if they survive the opening barrage LOL).

yep a little bonus protection at the start really helps.
  • Options
    I run offensive and defensive buffs with a couple debuff dismantlers. Really stacks up mastery.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

c3hvii94imvp.png

I thought that disc looked great last GC, but I didn't feel like I noticed any impact (from the mastery, obviously it cleared debuffs sometimes) even paired with DCS, the TM gain when receiving a buff,
    Offensive + Defensive buffs discs, and GMY endlessly spreading buffs around. I found double dipping on the 5% stacking offense discs was way more effective.

I can understand that. In all honesty, I probably don’t even need disks for where I am in Sector 3 just yet so it is hard to tell. I do like having debuffs dispelled though.
    Unfortunately I don’t want the TM gain disk because that hurts my SLKR team a lot. Otherwise it is a great disk.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    DEATHER wrote: »

Ok I'm filing this in my "forum nonsense" folder then.

It counts, LRevan, Piet and GG is working, they changed description on feat to "Inflict Marked at least 40 times" so they removed part wich mentioned enemies.

@DEATHER thanks.
  • Options
    My R7 DR with 2 stacks of leaders resolve is like an ant being stampede

they think they **** me off I would give them money?

No I won’t
This discussion has been closed.