[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• LordDirt
    5009 posts Member
    Options
    SEE, Wat, Armorer.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Fatalarousal1
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    SEE, Wat, Armorer.

Totally get it. I've noticed that's a great combo . What I'm worried about is putting more work towards those characters and the devs rear their ugly head a create new content making that squad irrelevant, which what seems to be happening now. Basically keeping Everyone one step behind.

Your right tho, great squad
  • LordDirt
    5009 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, CG doesnt fix SEE they nerf GL counters instead. You never know what crap they will pull in the future.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Fatalarousal1
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yep, CG doesnt fix SEE they nerf GL counters instead. You never know what crap they will pull in the future.

Yep and I only have problems with other GLs so I dont get what they are doing. I honestly wouldnt mind competition from non GLs as long as it was same across the GL spectrum
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options

they are buffing SEE

Giving him raid boss tags, and TM against troopers is a buff, not a nerf on troopers
  • Qutnerf
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Soon padme + cat will easily defeat master kenobi, so can we expect a nerf for cat in a year? If devs can change the rules whenever they want, it doesnt make sense to play this game. Im playing for 5 or 6 years and i feel totally betrayed now.
  • Options
    SEE sucks as it is right now. Might as well relic CUP lol and they are going screw his squad up. Explain if I'm wrong

Running SeE sith tri with vader. Was going to add WAT once geared.

I'm not asking to be in the top 50. I just want to have fun. Stinks to have done all that work to watch it crumble. The fun part is mixing squads to see the results. After this it will seem to be pretty much limited.

The game pace reminds me of mobile strike. Fun for the first year. Then the pace went straight p2p and I mean $200 a week to stay relevant. Destroyed the game. Usually happens when they are close to ending the game. Sad

Does he?

I have no problems getting a top 20 finish with him - SEE, Wat, Malak, Traya, Nihilus.
  • Options
    SerylT2 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    We are talking math, please feel free to move onto what ever topic you want, but that's not what I am talking about.

Balance in that quote is to keep the drop rate the same, if you bring in the bottom you have to adjust the top to keep the same rate.

My point exactly is that for you or anyone at CG to try to discuss proper balance in the game is a bad joke at best. There are hypocrisies abound this game. Look.. all I am saying is if CG and all of you just grabbed your stones and just came out and said.. "We want GL's and our new characters over powered so we can profit off them better.. we need to increase our profit margin.. so we need to widen the gap between older characters and newer characters." Yeah.. you admit its all about $$$ but in that circumstance at most I just shrug my shoulders and at least respect you all for your honesty. I know the game is not designed to be a fair game, I am fine with that, just do not insult my intelligence by trying to pretend it actually is a fair game and we will get along fine.

This is the truth to it, plain and simple. But the company man will never say so.

Id have more respect for them if they did, but that would hurt their bottom line. The only motivation is profit. Whether players actually enjoy the game is only relevant as far as the cash flow is concerned.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    But wouldnt that then also reduce the feel good moments to keep the balance on the average?

Balance Kyno? You mean like when they said they wanted to ensure tanks being more survivable and not dying in one hit? Even as they released a character in CAT who one hit kills all but GL's with her first force leap? Hell Cubs Fan Han even showed a video today of CAT under JMK doing a 900K hit on like her 5th force leap to GL Rey one shot killing her also.. so exactly what balance are you talking about here? I feel our definition of balance is two different things.

Cat’s annihilate turn 1 is only when she’s paired with a gl. GLs are on a whole other level of power, they stated it pretty clearly in the road ahead, as I’m pretty sure you noticed.

Edit: follow-up question: what is a ‘fair game’ for you ?

One in which a roster with more relic investment, especially in specific counters to a GL has a chance of beating that zgL without a GL of its own.
    GAS counter to SLKR takes way more investment than SLKR himself. So why does it get removed for the sake of "balancing with respect to investment?"

And don't tell me is balance is usefulness elsewhere, because SLKR is king of PvE content.
  • Fatalarousal1
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    SEE sucks as it is right now. Might as well relic CUP lol and they are going screw his squad up. Explain if I'm wrong

I'm not asking to be in the top 50. I just want to have fun. Stinks to have done all that work to watch it crumble. The fun part is mixing squads to see the results. After this it will seem to be pretty much limited.

The game pace reminds me of mobile strike. Fun for the first year. Then the pace went straight p2p and I mean $200 a week to stay relevant. Destroyed the game. Usually happens when they are close to ending the game. Sad

Does he?

I have no problems getting a top 20 finish with him - SEE, Wat, Malak, Traya, Nihilus.

Lol yes he's does without WAT. Run your same squad without WAT. I'm not hating, it's a scary thought to think one character makes all the difference. Because all that has to happen is an update on WAT and your top 20 teams goes to 100. Trust me I'm working on WAT also, but these money grab updates kill me. I hope maul will work well with SEE.

You can put SLKR with different combos and still be competitive. Not SEE, its either WAT or Amorer, and Amorer is 50/50
  • Fatalarousal1
    46 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    It is a money game. I get it . But **** lol slowwwwww down. Instead of crazy money grab characters, bring in new gear options and character add ons that are achievable. Make it interesting. I saw a player with all the GLs maxed even kenobi a week after release, wow

Great marketing is motivating f2p players to spend money. If someone can spend $ 200 and actually get something, they probably will. But $1000+ ....they will probably quit.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

they are buffing SEE

Giving him raid boss tags, and TM against troopers is a buff, not a nerf on troopers

It’s a direct nerf to their viability and use as a counter against SEE. In line with their “eliminate all non GL counters” path they’re taking. This precedent makes players have every right to fear investing to heavily into anything but GL’s. Acting like players shouldn’t have a right to be fearful over that is disingenuous at best, especially considering CG said that the trooper interaction with SEE is totally WAI and fine just a few months ago
  • Options
    Relic 9 isn’t needed right now. Maybe in another 9-12 months but relic 8 is still fairly young and already a beast to obtain. Make relic 8 easier to obtain before throwing relic 9 at everyone.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

they are buffing SEE

It’s a direct nerf to their viability and use as a counter against SEE. In line with their “eliminate all non GL counters” path they’re taking. This precedent makes players have every right to fear investing to heavily into anything but GL’s. Acting like players shouldn’t have a right to be fearful over that is disingenuous at best, especially considering CG said that the trooper interaction with SEE is totally WAI and fine just a few months ago

This is true but they (and in turn they are making us) imagine every team in term of what gl it will lead to. We all know the standing mando team will lead to mando oriented gls. So if you wanna stay on par with the game, it's when to invest in a team rather than if.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

Does he?

Lol yes he's does without WAT. Run your same squad without WAT. I'm not hating, it's a scary thought to think one character makes all the difference. Because all that has to happen is an update on WAT and your top 20 teams goes to 100. Trust me I'm working on WAT also, but these money grab updates kill me. I hope maul will work well with SEE.

You can put SLKR with different combos and still be competitive. Not SEE, its either WAT or Amorer, and Amorer is 50/50

OK let's take SEE out of my squad, am I getting in the top 20 of squad arena then?

I think that to state SEE is entirely reliant on WAT is hyperbolic.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

they are buffing SEE

This is true but they (and in turn they are making us) imagine every team in term of what gl it will lead to. We all know the standing mando team will lead to mando oriented gls. So if you wanna stay on par with the game, it's when to invest in a team rather than if.

Well if there’s a mando GL, then yeah but I’m talking in terms of counters. Not every toon is destined to be a GL req. Let’s say CLS with other rebel comps can counter a future Mando GL. We need to worry about investing because it can counter their new toy? That’s what I’m driving at
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

Well if there’s a mando GL, then yeah but I’m talking in terms of counters. Not every toon is destined to be a GL req. Let’s say CLS with other rebel comps can counter a future Mando GL. We need to worry about investing because it can counter their new toy? That’s what I’m driving at

Only if the investment is specifically for the counter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    DinoMight wrote: »
    But wouldnt that then also reduce the feel good moments to keep the balance on the average?

Balance Kyno? You mean like when they said they wanted to ensure tanks being more survivable and not dying in one hit? Even as they released a character in CAT who one hit kills all but GL's with her first force leap? Hell Cubs Fan Han even showed a video today of CAT under JMK doing a 900K hit on like her 5th force leap to GL Rey one shot killing her also.. so exactly what balance are you talking about here? I feel our definition of balance is two different things.

Cat’s annihilate turn 1 is only when she’s paired with a gl. GLs are on a whole other level of power, they stated it pretty clearly in the road ahead, as I’m pretty sure you noticed.

One in which a roster with more relic investment, especially in specific counters to a GL has a chance of beating that zgL without a GL of its own.
    GAS counter to SLKR takes way more investment than SLKR himself. So why does it get removed for the sake of "balancing with respect to investment?"

And don't tell me is balance is usefulness elsewhere, because SLKR is king of PvE content.

Which gas counter to slkr are your referring to ?

• Options

GAS, Fives, Chewie, Han, 3PO
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

GAS, Fives, Chewie, Han, 3PO

You need about 4 relic characters for Gas to be confortable during the event. Let’s say 5, all decent characters (gk, sep droids). You don’t need relics to unlock chewie, Han nor 3po. So you need 10 relic characters for this counter (5 for gas event and 5 for the team). Slkr needs 13, including the mighty Phasma and Granpa Solo. You do need a team of g12 bh and g11-12 Ewoks for 3po and a team of g12 geos(for instance) for Padme. However, at this level of play, this is not really a problem. You’ll have a bh team for a couple of regular events anyway, and probably g12 geos for the wat mission. Furthermore, most players will want to unlock chewie and 3po, Slkr counter or not.

You can be upset about nerfing counters, to each his own, but i don’t see how the gas counter takes way more investment.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

they are buffing SEE

But who knows what changes they will make? Directly like Wat/Gas/JKL/Thrawn? Or indirectly like SEE with troopers.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

But who knows what changes they will make? Directly like Wat/Gas/JKL/Thrawn? Or indirectly like SEE with troopers.

I'm guessing CAT will get the nerf bat further down the line - once enough people have sank gear and relic materials into her.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

I'm guessing CAT will get the nerf bat further down the line - once enough people have sank gear and relic materials into her.

I think she’s safe because her kit is maximized with a JMK squad so she’s protected by that, and only non CAT teams can be countered by Padme Cat.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

I think the point being made by TVF is that there are other reasons one has geared some of these counters (CLS for JKL unlock). But, for example, if Chirrut is needed for a future counter and for nothing else, then that would be an investment worth worrying about.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »

they are buffing SEE

I think the point being made by TVF is that there are other reasons one has geared some of these counters (CLS for JKL unlock). But, for example, if Chirrut is needed for a future counter and for nothing else, then that would be an investment worth worrying about.

Also the level of investment is in question, while most would already have cls in relics, we'll probably start seeing situations where countering takes r8-r9 level teams and this will keep bringing about the same conundrum.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

Also the level of investment is in question, while most would already have cls in relics, we'll probably start seeing situations where countering takes r8-r9 level teams and this will keep bringing about the same conundrum.

This. It’s just an overall worrisome scenario that’s setting a slippery slope of a precedent.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

Although if taking GLs to r8 and r9 means that the previous counters cease to work (or are less reliable), then that's even less of a reason to nerf them.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

Although if taking GLs to r8 and r9 means that the previous counters cease to work (or are less reliable), then that's even less of a reason to nerf them.

You can do the same for the counter if you know it's wai.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

they are buffing SEE

They could scale GLs differently at r8 and r9.
  • Options

they are buffing SEE

well they did say GLEE vs troopers was WAI and now he's getting buffed to neuter that counter. So....WAI needs to have an asterisk next to it when CG writes about it, evidently.