GAC Resolution [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    The usual response from those who feel the people complaining too much usually is one of the following:

2) you didn’t really lose anything it just got delayed

As for 2 and 5, well 2 is just false

Genuine question. How is number 2 false?

A normal GAC is 12 matches. We played the first two rounds normally, and then played one match of round three for a total of 7 matches when it was cancelled.
    The restarted GAC is two rounds, for 6 more matches, and will include the full end of season rewards.
    We're still getting our daily crystals and were getting them during the cancellation.

So, we're getting a 13 match GAC with full rewards, split between two events. Really struggling to see where I'm missing crystals from, all I see is a delay. Where exactly are the missing crystals?

Due to issues with Challenges, all challenges will be rescheduled for next week. Don't worry you are not "missing out on anything" because this week's challenges are rescheduled for next week. Yes we will push all other challenges back a week, but don't worry, you didn't "miss" any.

Make more sense?
  • Options
    Dreapool wrote: »
    The usual response from those who feel the people complaining too much usually is one of the following:

A normal GAC is 12 matches. We played the first two rounds normally, and then played one match of round three for a total of 7 matches when it was cancelled.
    The restarted GAC is two rounds, for 6 more matches, and will include the full end of season rewards.
    We're still getting our daily crystals and were getting them during the cancellation.

So, we're getting a 13 match GAC with full rewards, split between two events. Really struggling to see where I'm missing crystals from, all I see is a delay. Where exactly are the missing crystals?

Due to issues with Challenges, all challenges will be rescheduled for next week. Don't worry you are not "missing out on anything" because this week's challenges are rescheduled for next week. Yes we will push all other challenges back a week, but don't worry, you didn't "miss" any.

Make more sense?

There is always a scheduled gap between GAC events. This time the gap is shifted due to the pause.

Challenges are always a daily event.

Just bad communication from CG (so far).
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI any chance you can ask the higher up overlord devs when you’re allowed to address the peasants, I mean player base? This new tactic of radio silence that TopCash is pushing, or whoever is in charge is annoying and quite frankly bantha poo

"We are planning for that to happen this week, likely Thursday"
  • Options

When they cancelled and delayed everything for a week, I ended on 2400 which is max score for Bronzium 2. I have won both matches since restart, if I had done the same on the cancelled matches, I would have been promoted to Bronzium 1 already. Thus I am losing crystals on daily payout.

[/quote]

Make more sense?

No, because that's not a valid comparison. In your example the response would be that 'We'll run two concurrent challenges next week'. We're not missing any GAC matches or rounds. Anywhere.

• EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

The season was six weeks instead of five. The most generous interpretation to cg is 7 daily plus one match reward is sufficient. The least generous is this down week replaced a full week Of active rewards so we are missing two match and one event reward. I think both of those arguments miss the boat. The extra week crystals should be what the average daily reward over a season is for a 6-6 player. This is significantly less than those demanding a full week but recognizes that your crystal income should be more than 7 x daily plus a match

And? The event is the same length and same rewards. Next events are starting eariler to get back to regular schedules. So it's a delay, not a loss of crystals. Crystal income is less for the down week, normal this week, and the next event starts early so crystal income for that week is higher to get back to regular schedule. Still don't see anything other than a delay.
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

When they cancelled and delayed everything for a week, I ended on 2400 which is max score for Bronzium 2. I have won both matches since restart, if I had done the same on the cancelled matches, I would have been promoted to Bronzium 1 already. Thus I am losing crystals on daily payout.

Promotion is still going to happen though, right? So it's still just a delay, you're not getting less crystals than you were before it's cancelation.

It sucks, sure. And I saw at least one report of a player after a first round loss reported they were demoted divisions which *is* a loss in crystals for their daily income since they may have been able to retain their rankings if they could have finished.

• Options

Promotion is still going to happen though, right? So it's still just a delay, you're not getting less crystals than you were before it's cancelation.

It sucks, sure. And I saw at least one report of a player after a first round loss reported they were demoted divisions which *is* a loss in crystals for their daily income since they may have been able to retain their rankings if they could have finished.

You can spin it any way you like but when I quit this game, even if it is 4 years from now, I will have received less crystals over that time than if the delay had not happened.
  • Options

The season was six weeks instead of five. The most generous interpretation to cg is 7 daily plus one match reward is sufficient. The least generous is this down week replaced a full week Of active rewards so we are missing two match and one event reward. I think both of those arguments miss the boat. The extra week crystals should be what the average daily reward over a season is for a 6-6 player. This is significantly less than those demanding a full week but recognizes that your crystal income should be more than 7 x daily plus a match

And? The event is the same length...

Wrong. This GAC season is now effectively 13 matches spread out over 6 weeks. Typically, it would be 12 matches spread out over 5 weeks. The next season is starting later than it should be.

Now, if CG claims they were planning on a 2-week break before this season even started, then they need to square that with their claim that GAC would be on a regular 5-week cycle and any disruptions to said cycle would be compensated.
  • Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »

You can spin it any way you like but when I quit this game, even if it is 4 years from now, I will have received less crystals over that time than if the delay had not happened.

What if you quit on the off week
    hello
  • Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »

What if you quit on the off week

Since I will be moving up a division at the end of this round, my daily crystal increase is impacted by the delay so the off week means nothing.
  • Options

And? The event is the same length and same rewards. Next events are starting eariler to get back to regular schedules. So it's a delay, not a loss of crystals. Crystal income is less for the down week, normal this week, and the next event starts early so crystal income for that week is higher to get back to regular schedule. Still don't see anything other than a delay.

Hey man more power to you if you want to accept less from cg than you deserve. I don’t. We aren’t disagreeing about 5 of the 6 weeks of this. We’re disagreeing about the sixth week. I think expecting what cg has decided is the average daily income for an average player is a reasonable for those 7 days. That’s more than 7 x daily plus one match. If you think 7 daily plus one match is fair fbm.
  • Options
    Still no announcement on what we are getting or when. Solid job 👌👍
  • Options
    What's the difference in the daily payout between B1 and B2?

• Options

Hey man more power to you if you want to accept less from cg than you deserve. I don’t. We aren’t disagreeing about 5 of the 6 weeks of this. We’re disagreeing about the sixth week. I think expecting what cg has decided is the average daily income for an average player is a reasonable for those 7 days. That’s more than 7 x daily plus one match. If you think 7 daily plus one match is fair fbm.

Well if you are determined to be unhappy, you go ahead. I'd be fine with about 500 crystals. And that's honestly what I expect to get handed out at this point. That way the impact people could claim on the Executor event would be minimal. Maybe have gotten you over the line for 10 more blueprints if they had gotten the compensation out in time.

I think they have an ideal time of the month when they want GAC to start, and they will compress things in the next few months to get it back on track.

If that doesn't eventuate then I'm not going to get all upset right now about something I might imagine might happen in the future to impact progress in a game that has a snail's pace built into it.

But go ahead and be all massively upset over nothing if you want.
  • Drathuk916
    643 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Well if you are determined to be unhappy, you go ahead. I'd be fine with about 500 crystals. And that's honestly what I expect to get handed out at this point. That way the impact people could claim on the Executor event would be minimal. Maybe have gotten you over the line for 10 more blueprints if they had gotten the compensation out in time.

I think they have an ideal time of the month when they want GAC to start, and they will compress things in the next few months to get it back on track.

If that doesn't eventuate then I'm not going to get all upset right now about something I might imagine might happen in the future to impact progress in a game that has a snail's pace built into it.

But go ahead and be all massively upset over nothing if you want.

Lol the difference as I’ve determined is 1144 or 1844 for kyber 1 depending if you won or lost the match in the cancelled week. Less for lower divisions. Seems I’ve been arguing for a fair payout with an understanding of what actually happened. You’ve been mistaken time and time again about what happened (assuming the season wasn’t extended nor at cost to the player base) then threw out a number somewhat close to what would be a fair number for majority players though not those above k4/5. Your whole argument is predicated on me being miserable and wrong and yet you mostly agree with me. Btw I’m neither wrong or miserable. I just stated why it’s unreasonable to conclude the players income was not effected by extending the season a week. But if it helps, you’re right I’m wrong and you clearly know me so I feel appropriately chastised.

Edit: I now realize that winterwolves is different from egoslayer who is different from the person who asked why I felt the interruption cost every player crystals. I stand by the general jist of the reply though. I’ve yet to hear an argument that says it didn’t that acknowledges the season was a week longer.
    Post edited by Drathuk916 on
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    What's the difference in the daily payout between B1 and B2?
    I looked it up on the chart. Daily payout for B2 is 95 and B1 is 100. Difference is 5 crystals. For a 1-2 week period, we're talking about 35-70 crystals. Hopefully the Make Good covers that for ya.
  • Options

Make more sense?

No, because that's not a valid comparison. In your example the response would be that 'We'll run two concurrent challenges next week'. We're not missing any GAC matches or rounds. Anywhere.

[/quote]

Haha, ummm yes. Yes we are. By delaying the start of the next season you 100% are.
  • Options
    CG - it's the absolute least we could do.
  • Options

Here it is - the make good
  • Options
    1000 Crystals and 1000 tokens lol. Pathetic. FTG
This discussion has been closed.