GAC Resolution [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    So we get nothing :D Awsome job doja and crumb on making us wait for such a **** communication that would have took 2 minutes tops for anyone. :D
  • Options
    Lonach wrote: »
    I like how everyone complains about the absence of communication and still expect an answer from CG. You are all hurting yourselves. Just wait, it’s a game. Some compensation will come sooner or later.

"some compensation" it means a ridiculous compensation versus maximum losses for two weeks of GA.

In Kyber 2, the max potential of losses is 7575cx + gear and stuff (more than 75$ if u want to buy it)...
  • Options
    It took them 4+ days to write another message that essentially says “to be determined”. No sincere apology. No message acknowledging that we customers deserve much better. And still NO IN-GAME MESSAGE.

They are running out the clock and waiting until we are distracted. They will not make any meaningful “do right” compensation. They’ll think their really clever for the Clone Wars Chewy shards. They are hopeless.
  • Options
    To be honest, CG’s update , though late, wasn’t the worst. It’s got most of the info we need except for the timescale for the make good - but it would have been so much better if they’d just said sorry.

One question though - which it would be good to get clarity on- the announcement says that skill was frozen for event 3 which I would infer means skill rating at end of event 2 should be the starting point for new micro GAC. That doesn’t appear to be the case in actuality (eg I was at 3115 SP at close of Event 2 but since losing R1 of event 3 I’m now sitting at 3082 SP) and since it is material to promotions& therefore rewards it does need to be set out clearly.

@Ultra - thanks for all your work on this thread already but if you get the chance to push that question up the line it would be appreciated
  • Options
    We'll see, give them time to arrange whatever needs to be arranged in the background.... I mean, it's not like they can push a button and it fixes it all... so I've no problem waiting a few days for CG to fix it .... but fix it right.
    I'm admittedly a bit concerned about the power listing of toons.... which seems to imply anything can be changed post-release to meet that framework.... and also I infer from this that more nerfs/reworks are in the pipeline (the great nerf of 2021 was 🤮).
    The reason for my concern is that it takes weeks & even months sometimes to get a character to a particular level (gear, mods, relics... etc)... so when overnight the viability of that character in that circumstances is heavily changed (e.g. Vader last year), it takes time to get back to that same point.
    What I mean is, it is never nice to have to go back, and work on something that you've already worked on.
  • Options
    We're canceling the season!

Wait, no we are just canceling the round and restarting it?

Skill will be locked, kind of.

We may give you something, not sure yet.

Wait, you really didn't miss anything so we aren't going to give you anything.

Feel free to go over to the shop and purchase the $99 pack we just dropped while screwing up GAC and Conquest.

Meanwhile at CG headquarters: High Fives All Around!!
  • Options
    Agree totally this is not the way they should be handling it. They're dropping a Marque character it seems every 2 weeks now. It's time to give back something instead of keep taking our money and time.
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options

Wed_Santa wrote: »
    To be honest, CG’s update , though late, wasn’t the worst. It’s got most of the info we need except for the timescale for the make good - but it would have been so much better if they’d just said sorry.

One question though - which it would be good to get clarity on- the announcement says that skill was frozen for event 3 which I would infer means skill rating at end of event 2 should be the starting point for new micro GAC. That doesn’t appear to be the case in actuality (eg I was at 3115 SP at close of Event 2 but since losing R1 of event 3 I’m now sitting at 3082 SP) and since it is material to promotions& therefore rewards it does need to be set out clearly.

thanks for all your work on this thread already but if you get the chance to push that question up the line it would be appreciated

The bug happened on rounds 2/3 of week 3

And my understanding was that the Skill Rating freeze was only for those two bugged rounds, not round 1 of week 3

So they are continuing with the skill rating you have with round 1 results because that was a legitimate round, and it’s unfair for that to be reverted since people won against their opponents legitimately and I don’t see why they should be robbed of their SR increase, don’t you agree?

What is the question that you have for them, exactly? If SR will revert to pre-week 3 or SR will take into account post-R1 results?
  • Options
    Yes. The question is to confirm the cut off point as their announcement is open to interpretation
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Ok, I'll ask them but I think a faster response will be to wait for the game to tell us in a few hours

The way i read it was that SR will take into account post-R1 results
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ok, I'll ask them but I think a faster response will be to wait for the game to tell us in a few hours

Faster = wait for their response. It’s been nearly a week. How long does it take to decide how to fix this issue? I mean that with all sincerity? How long does it take for a group to make a decision and then to communicate that decision? 24 hours? 48 hours? 1 week?

We aren’t asking them to solve the problems arising from putting a person on Mars and returning them home safely. We are asking them to just tell us how they will ameliorate a glitch that caused a video game tournament to get suspended. We are asking them to recognize that some of us pay lots of money to play the game, the least they could do was show that they’d like us to continue being good customers by going above and beyond to take care of us.

You know— the basic stuff every business does to show its customers that they care. Once again, it’s not a mission to Mars.

• Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options

Faster = wait for their response. It’s been nearly a week. How long does it take to decide how to fix this issue? I mean that with all sincerity? How long does it take for a group to make a decision and then to communicate that decision? 24 hours? 48 hours? 1 week?

What are you talking about? We are talking about whether Skill Rating will account for the first round of week 3 that was cancelled
  • Options
    I honestly think the glitch may have something to do with an unexpected amount of crystals paid out, causing a cascade effect of players buying less crystals. I was K2, and was using these crystals for gear and relic’n toons much faster than ever. I’ve been free play for a while. I was at about 1-2k crystals while staying very conservative. After new GAC I bought every needed free and still saved up to 12-15k crystals on hand. I’d guess, They had to rework a system that is extremely hard on your skill rating so we all get bumped down to low crystal payout, while only high pay players occupy the good crystal payouts.
    "You were like a brother to me Anakin!"
  • Options
    So they've got gacs restarted again. Where's the make good?
    There are zero unknown variables at this point, so we should be getting what we are owed
  • Options
    There are zero unknown variables at this point, so we should be getting what we are owed

If the next season starts on time we arent missing out on anything other than getting some crystals later than expected. Total crystals would be exactly the same.
    hello
  • Options

If the next season starts on time we arent missing out on anything other than getting some crystals later than expected. Total crystals would be exactly the same.

They’re delaying the start of the next season a week. They haven’t indicated what the make good will be but it sounds like they will account for this week. 20 percent of a season rewards is as little as 48 crystals for carb 5 to 427 crystals for k1 at 1000+. The week+ delay in league promotions is 20 crystals per day per division you were promoted.

They’ve also delayed full resolution of this issue until they correctly end the shorten season and deliver the rewards. Understandable and reasonable course of action imo that has the benefits of a smaller make good reward though overall crystals distributed would have been the same had they had a bigger make good but started a fresh season.

It does have drawbacks though. The mentioned above delay to complete resolution, the potential to screw up the shorten season in some way, and the fact they didn’t kick the next squish further down the road. As I expect the next squish to be more severe than the first one, delaying it two additional weeks so as to further distance the expected complaints from this screwup plus removing the additional potential of screwing things up plus fully resolving this issue quicker in my mind outweighs the amount of extra crystals that would be distributed by delaying the squish.
  • Options
    I'll be happy as long as the 'make good' has some amount of crystals in it. Please no clone wars chewie shards lol.
  • Options
    I didn’t even touch on the complaints that will definitely come from players who miss red crate in conquest or 5/6/7 starring executor because the season rewards were pushed back a week. Therefore, if you were counting on those crystals to do either you’re SOL. But there is no clean resolution to the screwup just the quick pull of the band aid or the slow pull. Cg chose the slower option.
  • Options
    I'll be happy as long as the 'make good' has some amount of crystals in it. Please no clone wars chewie shards lol.

1 crystal is some amount :wink:
  • Options
    I see CG had time to release messages for new pack for $purchase$ for some one called “iden”. Whoever that is. But I’m still crystalless from the botched GAC. Honk honk honk
  • Options

Yes, we missed out on end of round rewards, so we didn't get a week's worth of crystals from potentially winning 2 matches and then also crystals based on how you did in your pod. That's a fair amount of crystals players expect and budget for that weren't there
  • Options

It looks as if your interpretation is right - sort of. The SR is as per end of S3R1 but it’s not at all evident how the SR relates to ranking on the ladder - ie lower SR players are at higher ranks etc. I thought SR was the only criteria in ranking - or have other factors been considered?
  • 24_Tuesdays
    1198 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yes, we missed out on end of round rewards, so we didn't get a week's worth of crystals from potentially winning 2 matches and then also crystals based on how you did in your pod. That's a fair amount of crystals players expect and budget for that weren't there

We still get weeks 3 and 4, just delayed a week and then a shorter offseason so the next one starts on time theres literally no crystal difference other than a short delay

We arent missing end of round rewards they just get delayed some
    hello
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »

It looks as if your interpretation is right - sort of. The SR is as per end of S3R1 but it’s not at all evident how the SR relates to ranking on the ladder - ie lower SR players are at higher ranks etc. I thought SR was the only criteria in ranking - or have other factors been considered?

Leaderboard definitely looks messed up.
    Around me there are a variance of about 200 skill points with no logic to who is placed where.
    Visual bug, new bug or old bug?
  • Options
    Just received 2 identical MPs (not one) saying I "did not receive any Grand Arena rewards due to lack of participation"... On the last GAC before cancellation I had finished attacking. What is this again ?
  • Options
    Saneth wrote: »
    Just received 2 identical MPs (not one) saying I "did not receive any Grand Arena rewards due to lack of participation"... On the last GAC before cancellation I had finished attacking. What is this again ?

There was a note in one of the cited support messages that this would probably happen. It can be ignored
  • Drathuk916
    633 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

We still get weeks 3 and 4, just delayed a week and then a shorter offseason so the next one starts on time theres literally no crystal difference other than a short delay

We arent missing end of round rewards they just get delayed some

Partially true partially false. The season got stretched to six weeks. We will get all rewards we’d normally get in a season plus an extra match reward plus the make good. Until we know what the make good is, you can’t judged if we are getting compensated fairly for the extra week in this season.

Even once we know the make good, it’ll be completely subjective if it was fair as cg can’t possibly compensate for every contingency. Some will definitely be overcompensated, some will definitely not be compensated enough. Most should be compensated close enough. People in all three groups will complain either about the compensation, or about the complainers and surprisingly often both.
  • Options
    So... we got nothing??
This discussion has been closed.