Proving Grounds

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    My favorite part about proving grounds is that it gives other people something to do but costs me zero extra screentime. Ty, cg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Picollo
    41 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather they just removed proving grounds and added conquest characters to the different in game stores over time instead.
  • Options
    I am a F2P player trying to enjoy the game, with 3,6mil account 1GL and a good rooster for Dark Geo. CAT was never a goal for me and when I first saw the idea of Proving Ground I was happy to finally able to obtain some shards for her.
    Now... well BRAVO CG!!! Well Played.
    P.S. I have a guild mate who is 5,5mil and his roster is total ****. GP MEANS NOTHING IN THIS STUPID GAME CG!!!
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Super unfair - this is meant to help those players who didn’t have a strong enough roster to earn CAT first go around, and you make the entry requirements basically having a strong enough roster to earn CAT the first time

Just the relentless punishing and astonishing greed of this game.. not asking for the game not to be challenging or take hard work, but for a game about a story of the good guys defeating the Empire, it’s never been lost on me that it feels like we’re playing a game run by the Empire.

This brings up an interesting point that makes 4 mil make more sense.

If you couldnt get it unlocked the first or second time around... because of lack of roster depth, aka not having 4 mil gp, then perhaps thats the bar.

A player must get to the level they could reasonably be expected to have been able to do it in 6 attempts.

Perhaps thats why.

Making it not about an easier time getring CAT, but rather a push to get you to a deep enough roster where you might not need to play the new mode to get the next character.

That’s actually a really fair point, if what they’re trying to do is keep these exclusive and set the minimum entry point to own the character.

I’ve had CAT for a while, but thinking for folks who haven’t had access to her, I at least read the announcement of proving grounds to feel like a reasonable opportunity to them for catch up, and this just feels like moving the carrot.
  • Lumiya
    1582 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Something I just don't get: Ever since GAC has been changed, we were told over and over again that GP is not the right way to measure the value of a roster. That your skill, your mods etc are what makes you better or worse.
    We are theoretically getting matched against day 1 accounts for that very reason!

And yet now all of a sudden, CG uses our GP to value our roster again to tell us, if we are good enough.
    These definition swings are giving me whiplash.

If we are being told over and over that we can/should punch up in GAC with the right roster/toons/mods etc., then why are we not able to try the same in PG? Or Conquest for that matter btw. This is a huge contradiction and the lack of consistency makes this just depressing.

There might be some who now would say, well it is 4M GP minimum to be able to play hard Conquest so it is fair to have the same requirements for PG.
    This argument might have been true before the GAC changes, because until that point the measurement by CG for roster strength was GP. But it is not anymore after the change. You can't use different measurements in the same game about the strenght of a roster that contradict each other just because it suits you better and expect everyone to just accept or understand it! It doesn't work that way!

Edit to add:
    Basically we are matched agains players with Conquest characters and we are being told the reason for that is because GP doesn't matter or reflect a roster's strength. Yet we are not allowed to get the Conquest characters so we can have a fair chance against these players and are being told the reason for that is because GP matters.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Buenos días;
    Porque necesito 4M de pg para poder conseguir los fragmentos de CAT, pero he podido conseguir una leyenda como SKLR o una nave como el ejectutor? Acaso CAT es mejor que una leyenda?
    Por favor rectifiquen este error con CAT.
  • JoryG87
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure, but if you played in normal conquest when CAT was is, isn't it possible to hit the 4m GP bar F2P now? So essentially from 2m to 4m in one year
  • Options
    Si.
  • Mohrg
    205 posts Member
    Options
    So for a new player maybe if they want to go for Executor at 2 mill GP, but I missed the first conquest (obviously being new) they have to wait till 4m gp for RC shards....
    tgvwcsekt3wf.png
    Journey Guide says 2m+ GP, maybe it should move to a tier VI event?
    I get you can farm from the fleet store (if you are one of the chosen that RC shows up for), but also locking GL Kenobi's team behind a 4m GP wall sucks.
    Now my main account has CAT at Relic, and my alt isn't going near Kenobi for a long time, but it essentially locks down a progression path, limiting how people can collect their favourite heroes. this is the biggest bummer for me.
  • Solarite
    26 posts Member
    Options
    JoryG87 wrote: »
    Not sure, but if you played in normal conquest when CAT was is, isn't it possible to hit the 4m GP bar F2P now? So essentially from 2m to 4m in one year

No, no requirement for normal mode and you can have a GL with 1,5M GP and easily end normal mode.
  • Options
    Lol tried to see how much I could blot my GP - got from 3.1m to 3.5m, still I little while to go
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Rius
    387 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I am not F2P and I think I went from 1.6M to 3.5M. I already suggested 3M would be more fair because of this.
    Post edited by Rius on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

I am not F2P and I think I went from 1.6M to 3.5M. I already suggested 3M would be more fair because of this.

Because you are more than 3M. Why not 2M which is a recommandation on normal mode?
  • Wed_Santa
    1027 posts Member
    Options
    This probably needs to merge with all the other threads on the subject but, for my two pesetas’ worth, I think we need to wait & see what the actual event plays out like. R3 may be a qualification to enter but we may actually need a lot stronger to beat it (cf Chewie or 3PO events) - in which case the 4m gate might (note ‘might’) make sense. If however it’s a cakewalk with any half decent R3 squad then I agree that the 4m GP barrier seems too high and unfair
  • PolYeims
    11 posts Member
    Options
    The GP requirement is just stupid, unfair, and was not announced. What a joke, they keep damaging the game and the community more and more and they managed somehow turning something great into trash.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »
    I hope this encourages people to not gloss over future conquest toons just because the kit doesn't look good at all and not worth trying hard and expecting to max out the unit in 6 months

I know that was the sentiment with Second Sister's ship, and with people who didn't care about TW and Boba Scion of Jango

People pass Max Crate because in many cases getting it turns into an annoying grind, so we purposedly get a lower crate to avoid getting tired and bored of the game. That was specially true during Boba and TIE's Conquest, as the grind was awful. If they want people invested on their game mode, make it less grindy, more entertaining, make us enjoy playing the game, that's why we play after all.

You can:

1. Grind hard
    2. Avoid grinding and completing the rest by buying packs
    3. Stay f2p and wait months or years to get the unit

Can't have no grinding, and wanting units at 7 stars without putting in the effort

Ultra the issue is that you’re missing the point of how CG just does the same carbon copy stuff over and over and over. There’s no originality to the feats in the last 13 seasons of Conquest. There’s been virtually no QoL to make the experience more fun to avoid burnout.

If people can’t/don’t want to spend on packs, or don’t have the time or patience for the same grind for the 14th time in a row, they shouldn’t be punished by being the locked out on a new character.

This proving ground event is not good. It’s too long of a grind for people already waiting a year as F2P and it does zero for anyone already with these toons. It’s juat bad

That’s not an issue, just your personal problem for not trying hard enough

This game has always been about time vs effort

if you don’t have the time or patience to farm a toon, you can spend on it

F2P always have to grind or choose to miss out on a new character for a few months

It’s been that way for years, wanting to not grind and not be punished for being locked out on new character screams entitlement to me, JKR, DR, Malak, GAS, Padme, etc all had a “either you are ready now or be locked out for at least 3 months”

it’s been the game’s model for years
  • Options
    Do we even know how many shards it awards? I mean, 2200 crystals per refresh seems steep when you can buy 15 shards in weekly shipments for 1800.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do we even know how many shards it awards? I mean, 2200 crystals per refresh seems steep when you can buy 15 shards in weekly shipments for 1800.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    4 million is an unbelievably easy number to hit.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/uy7mi4/new_friday_shipments/

Thank you for this CG. Never again will I spend another dime.
  • Solarite
    26 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Like 6 or 8 or 10M. And?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

spoken like a true veteran player that's been playing the game since at least 2016
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

If you want to bloat your roster with garbage I guess.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Granolo
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »
    I hope this encourages people to not gloss over future conquest toons just because the kit doesn't look good at all and not worth trying hard and expecting to max out the unit in 6 months

I know that was the sentiment with Second Sister's ship, and with people who didn't care about TW and Boba Scion of Jango

People pass Max Crate because in many cases getting it turns into an annoying grind, so we purposedly get a lower crate to avoid getting tired and bored of the game. That was specially true during Boba and TIE's Conquest, as the grind was awful. If they want people invested on their game mode, make it less grindy, more entertaining, make us enjoy playing the game, that's why we play after all.

You can:

1. Grind hard
    2. Avoid grinding and completing the rest by buying packs
    3. Stay f2p and wait months or years to get the unit

Can't have no grinding, and wanting units at 7 stars without putting in the effort

Ultra the issue is that you’re missing the point of how CG just does the same carbon copy stuff over and over and over. There’s no originality to the feats in the last 13 seasons of Conquest. There’s been virtually no QoL to make the experience more fun to avoid burnout.

If people can’t/don’t want to spend on packs, or don’t have the time or patience for the same grind for the 14th time in a row, they shouldn’t be punished by being the locked out on a new character.

This proving ground event is not good. It’s too long of a grind for people already waiting a year as F2P and it does zero for anyone already with these toons. It’s juat bad

That’s not an issue, just your personal problem for not trying hard enough

This game has always been about time vs effort

if you don’t have the time or patience to farm a toon, you can spend on it

F2P always have to grind or choose to miss out on a new character for a few months

It’s been that way for years, wanting to not grind and not be punished for being locked out on new character screams entitlement to me, JKR, DR, Malak, GAS, Padme, etc all had a “either you are ready now or be locked out for at least 3 months”

it’s been the game’s model for years

The issue here is for people under 4M GP, the same people who had 0 chance of getting CAT just because they roster was not big enough (ie: newer players), now still have 0 chance to get CAT because of the same reason. The farm is already slow as it is (17 months to get her), why gate it so high? I could understand if they place a 2M GP for rosters of less than 1 year to be left out, or even have reduced shards for people from 2 to 4M GP. But to leave the completely out of the farm... Having to wait 2+ years only to start the farm, then 1 year and a half more to unlock it, specially with a character that's extremly relevant for 1 team. How do you think the people going for JMK as their 1st or 2nd GL feel? Nobody told before hand them that they where going to wait even more years to get the best use of their GL after they unlocked him. Sorry but there are no fair points to defend a 4M GP requirement.

And all of this has nothing to do with effort. People who didn't unlock CAT because they didn't put enough effort on Conquest (people with >4M GP but that didn't got max crate), can still get her this way. This only punishes new people.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Bloat isn't a thing. It was barely a thing before, but now that GP isn't used in any MM it really doesn't matter. And the more GP the better, for TB purposes.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options

I don't know

Its like 2 years+ from scratch imo
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Bloat isn't a thing. It was barely a thing before, but now that GP isn't used in any MM it really doesn't matter. And the more GP the better, for TB purposes.

It’s not about MM, it’s about resource management. Putting limited resources on unused characters is bloat with almost zero benefit , particularly for lower level rosters where resources are even more constrained. Aren’t you guys constantly saying this is a resource management game.

As for TB, if my guild is really close to an additional star, then the call goes out to level/gear characters and ships so that we can hit that threshold. Bloating your roster for TB when the next star is 85 million GP away is just silly.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Rius
    387 posts Member
    Options
    Solarite wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

Because you are more than 3M. Why not 2M which is a recommandation on normal mode?

See my previous quote where I put it’s ridiculous we could earn shards a year ago and not now. My suggestion of 3M is not because I am more than it. Why would I not suggest 3.5M? I am not that selfish. It was based on projecting where people were and are now.

I also suggested a second idea which was no GP gating to enter event but <4M GP including myself get only 10 shards this idea based on the lower rewards obtained in normal vs hard.

I raised ideas not under illusion they will make a difference or change CG’s decision but to raise there were other options which are more balanced for maintaining exclusivity for higher level players and fairness to lower level players.
  • Rius
    387 posts Member
    Options

I don't know

Its like 2 years+ from scratch imo

I agree it’s about 2 years, I am at 3.5M non F2P at just over 18 months. Maybe if I had hit the fleet shard earlier with more crystals I may have a little more. I tried to level up today but depleting ship resources got me just 70,000. And I had already drained my credits by mod rolling the other day.