Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Lol he doesn't work at CG anymore
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I heard for every thread people create or revive about him, he gets pushed back a week.

Every time a Stark dies, GI's event is delayed 3 days. We're expecting return in 2028.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Spoilers!
  • Options
    Today I got a popup ad with an inquisitors pack. Next wednesday is becoming more probable.
  • Options
    Isn´t it so that after a year these journeys will be accessible all the time ingame?

No.

It is so that after APPROXIMATELY one year the events become accessible in the Journey Guide full time.

It could move to the Journey Guide up to a couple weeks earlier than 1 year or up to a couple weeks later and still be completely consistent with the stated policy that these events become permanently available after **approximately** a year.

It's aggravating, I will grant you. And I am entirely sympathetic to wanting to know. That said, they're not breaking any promises here. We are in the time frame when in theory it could become available at any time, on any day, but it would require a game update, and those are most frequently scheduled for Wednesdays.

The first Wednesday after the 23rd is next Wednesday. In keeping with their "approximate" policy and with their standard timing for scheduled updates, this was always unlikely to be made permanent on the 23rd. The 21st or the 28th were always the more likely dates. It hasn't happened on the 21st, so I would look on the 28th and then again on the first Wed in July. If it isn't permanently present by the first Wed in July, then we begin to stretch the definition of "approximate" and we can have another go at CG.

In the meantime, all we can do is wait.

I don´t blame them breaking any of their promises, but I got to lead our guild two months ago and I got almost all of the remaining 28 to get their Inquis ready. I wonder why it is so tough to get any information out just like the last time. Well, keep on waiting til wednesday then ;-)
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Even if the GI event was active right now....

The next opportunity to do the Reva mission won't be for a five-ish days.
    TW has already started so you can't use him now.
    GAC has already started. Can't use him there either.
    There is no assault battle that need the inques running right now.
    No GC that needs the inques at the moment.

Only place you could is the Arena, which nobody really cares about too too much and of course, there is...
    Conquest, which will be over in two days. So yeah, I guess if you needed the GI to help with the purge feats, yesterday would have been nice.

All in all, so long as players get a chance to get him a day or so before the next Reva mission, I don't see much of an issue waiting until next week. (Monday would be nice CG, just saying.)
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options
    a day or so

Not everyone is maintaining Excel files with .gg equipment lists to have a full G1>R7 stockpile immediately lol

Though I guess it does stimulate some late-arrival whale spending
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Isn´t it so that after a year these journeys will be accessible all the time ingame?

No.

It is so that after APPROXIMATELY one year the events become accessible in the Journey Guide full time.

It could move to the Journey Guide up to a couple weeks earlier than 1 year or up to a couple weeks later and still be completely consistent with the stated policy that these events become permanently available after **approximately** a year.

It's aggravating, I will grant you. And I am entirely sympathetic to wanting to know. That said, they're not breaking any promises here. We are in the time frame when in theory it could become available at any time, on any day, but it would require a game update, and those are most frequently scheduled for Wednesdays.

The first Wednesday after the 23rd is next Wednesday. In keeping with their "approximate" policy and with their standard timing for scheduled updates, this was always unlikely to be made permanent on the 23rd. The 21st or the 28th were always the more likely dates. It hasn't happened on the 21st, so I would look on the 28th and then again on the first Wed in July. If it isn't permanently present by the first Wed in July, then we begin to stretch the definition of "approximate" and we can have another go at CG.

In the meantime, all we can do is wait.

I don´t blame them breaking any of their promises, but I got to lead our guild two months ago and I got almost all of the remaining 28 to get their Inquis ready. I wonder why it is so tough to get any information out just like the last time. Well, keep on waiting til wednesday then ;-)

What promises?
  • Options
    Janus wrote: »
    a day or so

Not everyone is maintaining Excel files with .gg equipment lists to have a full G1>R7 stockpile immediately lol

Though I guess it does stimulate some late-arrival whale spending

While that is certainly true, those same players have known about the approx June 23 date for over a year.
  • Options
    CG is still ignoring us. ITS a shame
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

It's the weekend.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options

What's a shame is that proper grammar seems to be a thing of the past.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »

This statement presupposes that people in the past used proper grammar.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »

This statement presupposes that people in the past used proper grammar.

This is also true.
  • Ahra
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Gimme GI journey NAO
  • Options
    Where is GI? Is he safe? Is he alright?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Where is GI? Is he safe? Is he alright?

He's...

Grand.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Lol first Title files updated and still no GI

This is a kitten clown show, it has to be a deliberate troll at this point
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options

This is a **** clown show, it has to be a deliberate troll at this point

What [Red] are [5] you talking [confirmed] about? 😜
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options

As mentioned before, chars moving too the journey guide in the past were only mentioned in the actual update notes
  • Options
    Blubcop wrote: »

As mentioned before, chars moving too the journey guide in the past were only mentioned in the actual update notes

I think people mean it seems like a troll when there is no communication after several months of no event and people working hard to be prepared.

• Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead does your title update post mean no GI event permanence in the journey guide with the update?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    emoore123 wrote: »
    CG_Tusken_Meathead does your title update post mean no GI event permanence in the journey guide with the update?

No, it does not mean that.
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    "Including" is obviously not all-encompassing, and I doubt there will be riots if he is later in the rollout.

The issue, as it has been and has been voiced here multiple times, is the lack of communication and general unknown of timeframe outside of estimates based on precedent.

Yeah maybe it's this rollout, but maybe it's in a month. NO ONE KNOWS AND IT TAKES LIKE FIVE WORDS TO CLEAR IT UP FOR EVERYONE
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG_Tusken_Meathead does your title update post mean no GI event permanence in the journey guide with the update?

Wow, didn't realize meathead had a second account. Thanks. 🙄
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

You asked a question, he answered it.... Have some patience, it's just a game...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    "Including" is obviously not all-encompassing, and I doubt there will be riots if he is later in the rollout.

The issue, as it has been and has been voiced here multiple times, is the lack of communication and general unknown of timeframe outside of estimates based on precedent.

Yeah maybe it's this rollout, but maybe it's in a month. NO ONE KNOWS AND IT TAKES LIKE FIVE WORDS TO CLEAR IT UP FOR EVERYONE

First, stop yelling at everyone, it's just a game...

Second, they do communicate when an event is going to happen close to the event... If they haven't communicated that it is going to happen then guess what, the event isn't close enough for communication to happen right now so standby and they will tell you shortly before it is....
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Just to be clear - CG did not promise that GI will be permanent event eventually. If you look at GI post there's no mention that we should expect him being permanently in JG. For instance, JKL one informed that after a year the JKL will be permanent.

There have been several months since last event so it would be good to know if hes coming anytime soon. I don't like hoarding gear :D
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I didn't say it doesn't not mean that, just that it doesn't mean that for sure. The update is tomorrow, and that is when you'll know if it's there or not. Knowing today will not matter. Though I'll agree if he doesn't come tomorrow it would rude of CG to not give a timeline.
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Just to be clear - CG did not promise that GI will be permanent event eventually. If you look at GI post there's no mention that we should expect him being permanently in JG. For instance, JKL one informed that after a year the JKL will be permanent.

There have been several months since last event so it would be good to know if hes coming anytime soon. I don't like hoarding gear :D

Standard cadence states that approximately one year after first run, Legendary Events become permanent. They could certainly change this whenever they want, but until they do, one must assume that they haven't.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

You asked a question, he answered it.... Have some patience, it's just a game...

I asked a question to meathead, and not-meathead answered it. Unless they got the answer from him, another member of CG or an official post, it doesn't really answer my question 🙃🤷