Grand Inquisitor

Replies

• Options
    While justified frustration at the lack of clarity may be unhelpful, there's one thing more unhelpful, and it's statements like this:

"Just to be clear - CG did not promise that GI will be permanent event eventually. 🤓🤓🤓"

"If they haven't communicated that it is going to happen then guess what, the event isn't close enough for communication to happen 🤓🤓🤓"

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    While justified frustration at the lack of clarity may be unhelpful, there's one thing more unhelpful, and it's statements like this:

"Just to be clear - CG did not promise that GI will be permanent event eventually. 🤓🤓🤓"

"If they haven't communicated that it is going to happen then guess what, the event isn't close enough for communication to happen 🤓🤓🤓"

You must be new here.....
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    emoore123 wrote: »
    CG_Tusken_Meathead does your title update post mean no GI event permanence in the journey guide with the update?

No, it does not mean that.

Wow, didn't realize meathead had a second account. Thanks. 🙄

I didn't say it doesn't not mean that, just that it doesn't mean that for sure. The update is tomorrow, and that is when you'll know if it's there or not. Knowing today will not matter. Though I'll agree if he doesn't come tomorrow it would rude of CG to not give a timeline.
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Just to be clear - CG did not promise that GI will be permanent event eventually. If you look at GI post there's no mention that we should expect him being permanently in JG. For instance, JKL one informed that after a year the JKL will be permanent.

There have been several months since last event so it would be good to know if hes coming anytime soon. I don't like hoarding gear :D

Standard cadence states that approximately one year after first run, Legendary Events become permanent. They could certainly change this whenever they want, but until they do, one must assume that they haven't.

True enough that it doesn't matter if we know today, but with all the other posts he's making today it'd just be nice to have confirmation. As you say, we will know by tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Ackchyually
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    CG_Tusken_Meathead does your title update post mean no GI event permanence in the journey guide with the update?

You asked a question, he answered it.... Have some patience, it's just a game...

I asked a question to meathead, and not-meathead answered it. Unless they got the answer from him, another member of CG or an official post, it doesn't really answer my question 🙃🤷

Not-meathead answered it because you don't need Definitely-meathead to answer. It was a silly question with an obvious answer.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I didn't say it doesn't not mean that, just that it doesn't mean that for sure. The update is tomorrow, and that is when you'll know if it's there or not. Knowing today will not matter. Though I'll agree if he doesn't come tomorrow it would rude of CG to not give a timeline.
    Just to be clear - CG did not promise that GI will be permanent event eventually. If you look at GI post there's no mention that we should expect him being permanently in JG. For instance, JKL one informed that after a year the JKL will be permanent.

There have been several months since last event so it would be good to know if hes coming anytime soon. I don't like hoarding gear :D

Standard cadence states that approximately one year after first run, Legendary Events become permanent. They could certainly change this whenever they want, but until they do, one must assume that they haven't.

True enough that it doesn't matter if we know today, but with all the other posts he's making today it'd just be nice to have confirmation. As you say, we will know by tomorrow morning.

It would always be nice to have confirmation. CG doesn't do that. You have to just go off what they have said their cadences are. Cadence states that GI is probably being made permanent tomorrow.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

And Meathead posts what he is allowed to post. If CG doesn't want us to know the event is coming until it shows up in the update, he won't post it.
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options
    If the GI event happens before the Reva mission is available in TB, then so be it. If it doesn't before that, then there will be serious irritation.
  • Options
    What the Hell is going on, people are speeding time materials and in some cases money, to get the required characters geared to attempt getting a premium character. WHY hasn't the Grand Inquisitor event dark times been opened in 3 months!? Now it isn't on the July event schedule either! 😡😡😡😡
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Fred48178 wrote: »
    What the Hell is going on, people are speeding time materials and in some cases money, to get the required characters geared to attempt getting a premium character. WHY hasn't the Grand Inquisitor event dark times been opened in 3 months!? Now it isn't on the July event schedule either! 😡😡😡😡

Simmer down..... They will announce it when they are ready to run it and it isn't at the stage where it should make the calendar yet...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If the GI event happens before the Reva mission is available in TB, then so be it. If it doesn't before that, then there will be serious irritation.

There is always serious irritation based on supposition here.... business as usual...
  • Options

Forced update tomorrow is my guess.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    not sure what the rush is to spend on gear when the event isn’t live yet
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

Why would it be on the calendar?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

I thought the rush is quite obvious. Guilds want everyone to help get Reva???
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options
    CirdanTS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I thought the rush is quite obvious. Guilds want everyone to help get Reva???

Yes but we knew that the event would be permanent this time around, so while preparing for the event is a good thing, rushing was not necessary.
  • Options
    CG where is the GI event? I'm RotE Offi, I pushed my guild to farm the Inquisitors, and so many are waiting for it. I would like to be able to tell him or her an approximate date. Please, an answer would be nice. We would like to get started and can't. I certainly speak on behalf of all TB Offis. The one-year mark has been exceeded. Let's not hang, and finally press the button. The wait is so mega annoying.
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Rica81 wrote: »
    CG where is the GI event? I'm RotE Offi, I pushed my guild to farm the Inquisitors, and so many are waiting for it. I would like to be able to tell him or her an approximate date. Please, an answer would be nice. We would like to get started and can't. I certainly speak on behalf of all TB Offis. The one-year mark has been exceeded. Let's not hang, and finally press the button. The wait is so mega annoying.

Later today is an update that could bring him, but it seems like you won't get any official answer until the update is there.
  • Options
    The update was already with us, tonight. No GI event, unless another one is coming today.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    The update was already with us, tonight. No GI event, unless another one is coming today.

The update isn't fully live yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ok, one chance for us 👌
  • Options
    Now it isn't on the July event schedule either! 😡😡😡😡

It wouldn't be on the calendar. As mentioned previously - all we'll get is a notification that it is permanently in the Journey Guide

Firstly - it isn't even "Late" yet. If we assume that exactly a year is the expected contract - that translates to the first Thursday after its been a full year. Guess what - that's not until tomorrow.

Secondly - it wasn't explicitly stated that it will be "Exactly 1 year". I do expect that it will be - (hint: tomorrow) - but even being next week would still be within general expectation

Before I get shot-down - Yes I am waiting for the event - I have had the Inquisitors at R7,R7,R7,R7,R5 and all the gear/relics to get GI to R7 for over a month. Yes I would have liked it to arrive last week. I will still not moan about it being late until we have passed next Thursday and still not got it
  • TrimleyGreen
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I wouldn't expect it to be announced in advance - but simply as part of the weekly release notes when it is switched on - which is what we normally get when any non journey character becomes accelerated - which this effectively is
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect it to be announced in advance - but simply as part of the weekly release notes when it is switched on - which is what we normally get when any non journey character becomes accelerated - which this effectively is

It's also the only thing we got with other journey chars going to the journey guide permanently.
  • Options
    We all have to remember their agenda comes first not us as the ones who play and look forward to certain events. They like to dangle the carrot so to say. Let’s accelerate toons just to make everyone wait just a bit longer. It really becomes monotonous to say the least. I as many others have been pounding shards, gear, and materials just to hurry up and wait once again. Being a ftp player this really sucks. It also wouldn’t be so bad if we knew a date for the event to drop instead of keeping the community in the dark. It’s time to wake up CG.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    We all have to remember their agenda comes first not us as the ones who play and look forward to certain events. They like to dangle the carrot so to say. Let’s accelerate toons just to make everyone wait just a bit longer. It really becomes monotonous to say the least. I as many others have been pounding shards, gear, and materials just to hurry up and wait once again. Being a ftp player this really sucks. It also wouldn’t be so bad if we knew a date for the event to drop instead of keeping the community in the dark. It’s time to wake up CG.

It will drop when it drops.... It isn't even overdue yet...

As a FTP, you really don't have much of a leg to stand on making demands of a company whose game you play but do nothing to support....
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options

The shard acceleration schedule is entirely independent of GIs event schedule. He is now 5 days late on the date that you should have expected him earliest.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Blubcop wrote: »

The shard acceleration schedule is entirely independent of GIs event schedule. He is now 5 days late on the date that you should have expected him earliest.

He is not 5 days late. Ignoring the fact that they said "approximately" one year after first run, first run didn't end until 6/30/22, so still 2 days.

And if you don't like that explanation, bear in mind that their cadences always have the "next release" wiggle room. 6/23 fell on a Friday, so today's update is the expected update, and after today it is "late".
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Blubcop wrote: »

He is not 5 days late. Ignoring the fact that they said "approximately" one year after first run, first run didn't end until 6/30/22, so still 2 days.

And if you don't like that explanation, bear in mind that their cadences always have the "next release" wiggle room. 6/23 fell on a Friday, so today's update is the expected update, and after today it is "late".

I agree that he isn't late I just said that he is 5 days late on the earliest date we should have expected him, which is one year after his release. I meant to say that expecting him earlier than that didn't make sense.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

It will drop when it drops.... It isn't even overdue yet...

As a FTP, you really don't have much of a leg to stand on making demands of a company whose game you play but do nothing to support....

Never said I’m a free to play, I’ve spent more than enough of hard earned money in this game. I’m talking about those that can’t afford to spend or can’t such as kids possibly. But you wouldn’t think about that. Before making snide comments you should think about things first. As for making demands I don’t believe that I made a demand other than to wake up. Meaning to those that have put a lot of time and effort in to get somewhere without having to pay just to wait a bit longer. That’s like telling a kid it’s almost Christmas Day but we’re going to wait a few more days to open gifts. Also, Shame on you if you think a kid should spend money in game to even have a voice.