4/14 Update: General Comments Megathread

Replies

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    You farmed the speed metas toons knowing that it was coming to an end? That's pretty bad decision-making skills you're showing here.

Ultimately, you'll realize that the meta changes, and that you either change before it does, or struggle after it has changed. Keep your eyes on the future, not the present.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaw what, now we only get ONE Arena battle for the 50 crystal refresh? It was FIVE before. ><

Every way I turn, I'm getting my hands cut off. We all DO want people to continue playing this game, yeh?

Ugh...if some of the claims are like this one, then sorry you guys are a bunch of babies. Dude do you know that you have to complete all 5 battles in arena before refreshing for 50 crystals to get another 5? Otherwise, it just refreshes your time and you only get one battle. Jeez!
  • HYUTS
    15 posts Member
    Options
    wegoot wrote: »
    I literally made an account just to say that I put quite a large amount of time into this game. So much that I've actually been wanting to quit but lacked the conviction to do so!

Unfortunately and fortunately, with this update, I found the choice made for me. The whole game just does not play like it used to. It feels like the countless hours I put into bolstering my team was all for nothing. Protection, the challenges, GW....its just not fun anymore. GL to those who still think it's worth playing but I'm out, and I'm deleting the app. I'm disappointed but glad the developers decided to ruin the game and force my hand.

Now I can go outside! LOL

Yes!! I am not the only one. A blessing in disguise really.
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    So, I've been mulling this over since the update installed and while reading comments, both good and bad, and playing through all of the game modes today. Figured it may be good to weigh in.
    I'm a F2P player. I started in December, toyed with it for two months, and started picking it up seriously in February. I haven't spent a single cent. It's been straight grinding and the free packs they give us and you can earn as you play. With that said, here's a quick snapshot of my roster so you can see where I'm at. I'm about halfway through player level 72.

FUNzuo0.png

8SAnMIt.png

You can see I have another row and a few beyond that, but they're all level 1.

As you can see, I've invested my limited resources heavily into the top 10 or so characters. And that's recent. A month ago it would have just been 5 characters. However, I realized as I tried to get materials for gear level 7 I needed to get more powerful teams for the challenges as well as light and dark side. I was able to defeat the highest level challenges (prior to 70+ opening up) and both light and dark side level 5 normal. With that, I was able to farm purple materials to bring those characters to gear level 7. It took a long time. Some of those materials I needed 60 to craft what I needed, and it would take days of running that one level. It was fun though, and the grind wasn't too bad because I had beaten them before. I could auto the level or perhaps only intervene in the last battle when I ran out of Sim tickets.

So now let's talk about post update.

I can still Sim those levels I had previously 3*. However, when I run through the 25-30 tickets I get per day, I cant run those levels. I can't even run them manually. I get wiped time and time again on the later level 5 stages because my team doesn't put out enough damage or have enough health to stay alive. So those purple materials I need to make a stronger team are now even further out of reach. I just spent prior to typing this post, 27 tickets on dark side 5-L to get 3 purple materials. I need 20.

The challenges I used to run? I have had to drop down to tier 2. I have been able to run tier 4 for the bounty challenge today, which was nice. Yesterday's attackers and today's healer/support though became impossible until I dropped down to tier 2. Do I get purple mats I need at those tiers? Not really. Occasionally, but nowhere near the numbers needed to craft.

Galactic War is a sore spot all over these forums. I've won about 15 times, and lost many more times than that. I don't have a good B team, or any C team, or D team. I have recently been able to form a B team, but they last 1-3 battles. I made it halfway through yesterday and today's wars. I haven't done that poorly since January.

I don't even care about arena, but I used to be pretty consistent in the 1500-1700 range. I'm not good. I'm not bad. I'm where I am for a game I've been playing for free.

So here's the thing. I'm stuck. The game is a grind. It's designed that way to make money. If they can convince 1% of the players to pay money to progress faster by buying resources, they want that, so they make it tough to progress very much per day. I understand that. I don't fault them for it, it's how F2P games work. However, I can't progress now after the update. What little I can do each day has been reduced so greatly that I feel I can't get better because I need to be better to get what I need to get better. Fortunately I can Sim the levels I cleared pre-update I need to get some materials, but what happens why I try to get to gear level 8? Can I tackle level 6 with level 70 character at gear 7? I don't think so, based on what I'm seeing. As it is, it will take me months to get a team ready.

That's my problem with the update. I'm not trying to whine, or be irrational. I see why they did it. If they can get 0.01% of the players to spend an extra $100 for every 99 freeloaders who quit, they have succeeded. They just want you to spend money to play, and they need to earn a paycheck. Fine. However, don't expect players to stick around if they feel there is no progress to enjoy. I'll stick around for a bit. Things can change. I still want to get a few more characters because I love Star Wars. However, if I feel like I'm going nowhere after a few weeks, I'll lose interest. This isn't the first mobile game I've played, and it won't be the last. I'd like to play more, but I can't afford to at the price they'd like me to pay.

Oh, and the time it takes to play? I work full time, have kids, and other responsibilities. Needing 2+ hours to clear the basic daily goals isn't fun when it's longer just because you can't do as much damage. I try to stagger my play through the day, but even before the update would end up with an hour or so of play I had to do before going to sleep. Post update, I guess some things may just start to slip and not be finished. I'm OK with needing to be more strategic, but difficulty for the sake of difficulty or reduced damage for the sake of making battles longer does not make a fun mobile game. The game destroys my battery as it is, and I'm on a new Nexus 6p. Keeping it on screen longer means I won't play off a charger as often. So it doesn't get played.

So do I like this change? No. Do I understand it? Yes. It's a business decision and so be it. I can't say anything because I'm not invested with anything more than some spare time. However, if the devs are listening, I hope this helps put a clear view of at least my viewpoint.

I am in the same boat and that is an extremely calm way of expressing my rage. We don't have more time to invest and we certainly are not interested in investing money. The rug has been pulled out from under me and the game just became tedious. I guess they can get some more revenue with the change, but for some they won't be able to compete with spring and summer after this update.
  • Valdrith
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    http://imgur.com/ZIZ86VO

Once again this is EA's answer to any problem you ever have. I've been constantly on them and the support team trying to explain that at lvl 72 with several 7 star characters and my main team for PvP and GW now getting smashed daily by simple challenges and basic light and dark side battles that I could manage on manual before. Now don't get me wrong on occasion I do use the auto battle but that's usually with the challenges because they are just tedious and boring. Now no way can I ever auto anything everything must be manually done now.
  • Options
    My 7 and 6 l star team can even make it through galtic war level 73 I made it through gw every day for 10 days straight now I can't even make it to the 6th battle the EA team need to fix this I won't be buying and more crystal packs if I can't earn it oh well if it not fixed soon I'm going to quit playing all together
  • Options
    You guys need to go back to the per update health and stats and get rid of the protection one hit and it's gone for good
  • Options
    Sense the update i been trying to give the game a chance but not the same can't make it through GW anymore not worth playing anymore I'm going to let my son have the game I lost a lot of money I put in this game RIP Galaxy Of Heros EA killed the best game with a stupid update
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Mason12ray wrote: »
    My 7 and 6 l star team can even make it through galtic war level 73 I made it through gw every day for 10 days straight now I can't even make it to the 6th battle the EA team need to fix this I won't be buying and more crystal packs if I can't earn it oh well if it not fixed soon I'm going to quit playing all together

Was on a 43 streak myself. Some people were on 100+...the key word being WAS lol
  • Options
    Warning: massive rant.

This is about the 4/14 update, not the 4/16 update. Do not merge my thread where it doesn't belong.

1 - Protection

Protection was supposed 'to mitigate (but not entirely eliminate) situations where characters can be killed before they’ve had any chance to act.'

This did not happen.

Protection was terribly thought out. It should not be so high. Every hero at level 80 will have protection equal to 90-110% of their HP.

Firstly, this is way too much. Glass cannons aren't a bad thing, they just have to be done right. A glass cannon with 10k HP and another 9-11k Protection is no longer a glass cannon. If they had of been granted less protection then there would have been no need to nerf damage so much.

If I were making these changes I would have made protection an additional 25-75% of the hero's HP. 25% for cannons and 75% for tanks.

2 - 'Generally Speaking'

"Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase."

generally definition:
    [jen-er-uh-lee]
    adverb
    1. usually; commonly; ordinarily:
    2. with respect to the larger part; for the most part:

FOR THE MOST PART, the fastest heroes should have damage reductions and the slowest should have damage increases.

Here are the characters in order of speed, from fastest to slowest.

Key - N = Nerf, B = Buff, 2 = times two, 3 = times three.

Princess Leia - - - - - - - - - - N
    Rey - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 3N
    Count Dooku- - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Darth Sidious- - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Grand Master Yoda - - - - - - - 3N
    Geonosian Soldier - - - - - - - - N
    Nute Gunray - - - - - - - - - - - - - N
    Nightsister Acolyte - - - - - - - - NB
    URoRRuR'R'R - - - - - - - - - - - - - N
    First Order Officer - - - - - - - - 2N
    Qui-Gon Jinn - - - - - - - - - - - -3N
    Jedi Knight Anakin - - - - - - - 2N
    Poe Dameron - - - - - - - - - - - N
    Poggle the Lesser - - - - - - - - N
    Hoth Rebel Scout - - - - - - - - 2N
    CT-7567 Rex - - - - - - - - - - B
    Old Daka - - - - - - - - - - - - - -N
    Resistance Trooper - - - - - - - 2N
    Jawa - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Eeth Koth- - - - - - - - - ---- - - - 2N
    Dathcha- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - N
    Ugnaught - - - - - - - - - - - - - -2N
    First Order TIE Pilot - - - - - - - - BN
    Ewok Scout - - - - - - - - - - - - - - BN
    Mob Enforcer - - - - - - - - - - - - -N
    Stormtrooper Han - - - - - - - - -N
    General Veers - - - - - - - - - - - -BN
    Tusken Shaman- - - - - - - - - - - B
    Greedo - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - N
    Captain Phasma - -- - - - - - - -BN
    Darth Vader - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -N
    IG-88 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Tusken Raider - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Kit Fisto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Resistance Pilot - - - - - - - - - - - -2N
    Aayla Secura - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    IG-86 Sentinel Droid - - - -- - - - - - 2N
    Ima-Gun Di - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Jedi Consular - - - - - - - - - -- - - - 2N
    Luke Skywalker - - -- - - - - - - - - 2N
    Magmatrooper- - - - - - - - - - - - N
    Luminara Unduli - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Teebo - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -BB
    Savage Opress - - - - - - - - - - - - -NN
    Barriss Offee - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - B
    Ewok Elder - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - N
    First Order Stormtrooper - - - - - - - N
    Kylo Ren - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -NN
    CT-5555 Fives - - - - - - - - - - - - - -NN
    Lando Calrissian- - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Plo Koon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Admiral Ackbar - - - - - - - - - - - - -B
    Finn - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Stormtrooper - - - - - -- - - - - - - - NN
    Nightsister Initiate - - - - - - - -- - - 3N
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) - - - - - N
    Mace Windu - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Chief Chirpa - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - B
    Royal Guard - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - N
    Talia - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NB
    Biggs Darklighter - - - - - - - - - - - -NN
    Lobot - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - B
    Cad Bane - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Clone Wars Chewbacca - - - - - - - - -B
    Coruscant Underworld Police- - - - 2B
    Snowtrooper- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - N
    Grand Moff Tarkin - - - - - - - - - - - -BN
    Boba Fett - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NN
    Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 - - - - - - -2N
    Asajj Ventress - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - BN
    Hoth Rebel Soldier - - - - - - - - - - - - - B
    General Grievous - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2B
    HK-47 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Darth Maul - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2N
    Ahsoka Tano - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -2B
    IG-100 MagnaGuard- - - - - - - -- - - -- 2B
    Jedi Knight Guardian - - - - - - -- - ---- 2B

27 buffs were given to 22 heroes.
    8 of the nerfed heroes also received a buff.
    63 heroes received a nerf. 82% of the heroes in the game received a nerf.

Why was Boba Fett nerfed? Or Cad Bane or Biggs or Mace or Old Ben. They are all slow heroes who should have been buffed.

"Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase."
    This was a lie. It was a massive misrepresentation of what the actual update was.

3 - My thoughts on the update.

The game has changed for the worse. I've lost almost all motivation to play it. When the update hit was the first time I didn't do all of my arena battles before reset. I didn't collect the free energy or use my energy when I was full. For an incredibly devoted fan of this game these are bad signs.

To the staff at Capital Games, here is some advice.

#1 Communication.

It needs to improve so, so much. If you had of said 80% of all heroes will be nerfed because we are completely reworking the game then we wouldn't have reacted so harshly.

#2 Don't lie to your customers.

We have found out about every single stealth nerf you have ever done. Whether this is incompetence and you simply forget to tell us or you purposely don't tell us doesn't matter. The fact is we will find out what you have changed, and we will complain way, way more than if you were upfront about the changes. This leads to an unhappy customer base, which leads to a loss of sales.

It took me long enough, but I now know that I won't ever believe a single word of any update notes until CG proves they are accurate, descriptive and trustworthy. I doubt this will ever happen though. I urge everyone to take the same approach so as to prevent disappointment when they get your hopes up and let you down.

So this is why I was so angry about the update. Here is my current arena squad:

Nightsister Acolyte:
    Strike From the Shadows +2.9%
    Sacrificial Magicks -11.9%

Nightsister Initiate:
    Slice Open -6.6%
    Cut down - 6.7%
    Severing Strike - 6.7%

Asajj Ventress:
    Cruel Strike + 5.9%
    Endless Wrath -10.5%

Talia:
    Draining Strike +2.1%
    Harrowing Assault - 11.6%

Old Daka
    Insightful Blow -4.2%

Average Nightsister damage reduction:
    4.73%

Here is my next arena squad:

Rey:
    Shifting Strike -13.6%
    Leverage -6%
    Flurry of Blows -6%

Resistance Trooper:
    Flush Out - 32.6%
    Opportune Strike - 8.1%

Resistance Pilot:
    Outmaneuver - 4.1%
    Hip Fire - 34.2%

Finn:
    Crack Shot -8.3%
    Takedown -6.4%

Poe:
    Challenging Shot -5.5%

Average Resistance damage reduction: 12.48%

Overall I was absolutely disgusted with this update. If I had of kept playing and stayed on the forum and in my Line chat instead of quitting the game for a couple of days I definitely would have quit for good.

2mhskl2.jpg

TL:DR Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Health Bars

This is what they should be:

One pip = 1000 HP.

The health bar is a bar.

|=========|

Flat on the top and sides, straight in the middle.

A hero should have a green bar between 50.0% and 100%.
    A yellow bar between 25.0% and 49.9%.
    A red bar between 0.000000001% and 24.9%.

These colour coordinated health percentages allow you to properly strategize when attacking and being attacked.

I can use Savage's Overpower and it will read 99999 damage on a yellow health hero. It should be easier to identify who has what percentage of health.

The same issue can be used offensively, e.g. Mace does X when under 50% Health.

Another example, Ahsoka heals when the enemy is above 50% or does extra damage when they are below 50%.

These were difficult to see at the best of times, but now they're almost impossible to see.

Out of all changes made this needs to be reverted the most.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera you asked us to wait for the dust to settle before we came to any conclusions. So here is my conclusion.
  • Options
    This is about the 4/14 update, not the 4/16 update. Do not merge my thread where it doesn't belong.
  • Options
    My Droids are doing great. I sort of like it. I posted a video. I do need some strategy in arena now. Ateast facing a RG.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Very very very nice thread @cosmicturtle333
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    Options
    The sky is falling. I like the new update I don't get the issue.
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    Mason12ray wrote: »

Was on a 43 streak myself. Some people were on 100+...the key word being WAS lol

Not to say I also spend 2 gs and 4 months of my time for nothing. To have it all taken away by a dum update far as my money I will never buy anything for this game again even if they changed it back who's to say they won't do it again
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    "The dust settled" means wait a week or at least a few days and take the following updates into consideration. And they are working on the next ones right now. In my humble opinion. I don't want to shine on your rainy parade or anything. Please, don't cheer up, if that's your thing. Carry on, don't mind me.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I have a General Comment about this Megathread!
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options

Cosmic - it's time you quit. You don't like the update but it was necessary. All the unhappy people and all the unhappy whales need to quit now and others will take their place.

I like the update quite a lot maybe I will become a whale next.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    NO, all the Ewoks are MINE!
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Options
    The day before the update I spent my first cash in 2 months on the Ewok event and was actually quite happy. Then the smouldering **** that is the update landed and burnt everything I actually liked about the game introducing a monumental extra grind. What everyone of the devs is missing is all I wanted was new content not to play the old stuff but for 5 times as long that's just boring. It's really simple for me balance the game by reducing damage with some health increase, what we've ended up with is just poorly planned and shambolically executed.
  • Options
    Goosy wrote: »

Cosmic - it's time you quit. You don't like the update but it was necessary. All the unhappy people and all the unhappy whales need to quit now and others will take their place.

I like the update quite a lot maybe I will become a whale next.

Glad you like it, but telling people who are upset by it to quit so you and others can take their place sounds really selfish (please correct me if I'm wrong, I apologize if I misunderstood and am coming off as rude). I don't feel it was necessary at all. I feel taking things one step at a time, delivering on the promised damage adjustments, and fixing already prevalent bugs were necessary rather than a massive overhaul and some questionable balance decisions.
  • Options
    I worked hard to get I-G88 to top strength to avoid one hit deaths. Now it got even worse with the new defense tweaks. My level 72 I-G88 at max strentgh just got floored in one hit by a common Jawa in the mid 60s level. Ridiculous the time I wasted building him up.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I worked hard to get I-G88 to top strength to avoid one hit deaths. Now it got even worse with the new defense tweaks. My level 72 I-G88 at max strentgh just got floored in one hit by a common Jawa in the mid 60s level. Ridiculous the time I wasted building him up.

Yeah he isnt very tough...
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @cosmicturtle333 loved your post and totally agreed with it plus the Obi Wan picture was awesome. As for the other chap taking the five year old I don't like your opinion so I'm going to make rude comments approach just ignore him and move on I'm super stoked he loves it #Sarcasm
  • Options
    If anyone thinks someone is going to read through 1.3k posts, 44 pages of feedback on this update then they are a fool.

Threads get merged into megathreads to be hidden from the devs, not organised for them.

What a joke.
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Options
    If anyone thinks someone is going to read through 1.3k posts, 44 pages of feedback on this update then they are a fool.

Threads get merged into megathreads to be hidden from the devs, not organised for them.

What a joke.
    Agreed this has been done deliberately to hide how much negativity there has been I'm not impressed and don't think the practice of merging the threads should continue as it sensors and hides what people are saying,
  • Options

What a joke.

This . This is why I stopped posting because every **** thing gets merged now instead of actually looked at, what devs will look through almost 50 pages of comments ? They seemingly don't care for their customers anymore
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    "The dust settled" means wait a week or at least a few days and take the following updates into consideration. And they are working on the next ones right now. In my humble opinion. I don't want to shine on your rainy parade or anything. Please, don't cheer up, if that's your thing. Carry on, don't mind me.

A few weeks look at how much stuff I will lose in that time frame from winning GW this whole update was to force people to spend more money after they took all the hard work and money you have already put in the game I put 4 months to win GW I will never put money in a phone game again