4/14 Update: General Comments Megathread

Replies

• Options
    This game sucks now! Without this patch it was way better and considered a lovely game but now... EA you guys are ridiculously loving to destroy your own games with stupid ideas.
  • wegoot
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I literally made an account just to say that I put quite a large amount of time into this game. So much that I've actually been wanting to quit but lacked the conviction to do so!

Unfortunately and fortunately, with this update, I found the choice made for me. The whole game just does not play like it used to. It feels like the countless hours I put into bolstering my team was all for nothing. Protection, the challenges, GW....its just not fun anymore. GL to those who still think it's worth playing but I'm out, and I'm deleting the app. I'm disappointed but glad the developers decided to ruin the game and force my hand.

Now I can go outside! LOL
  • Options
    Destroying the entire game for one small element is just plain crazy. Was Arena even broken? I adapted my lineup to include different toons to overcome the supposed speed meta.

If there was an issue with everyone using the same toons then maybe they could have allowed us to start farming some of the other characters. The reason you don't see Leia, Cad Bane, Darth Maul etc in teams is because without breaking the bank most players can't access them. Boring line ups are a result of lack of character access

Instead on improving the game I now have the joy of watching 2 teams slap each other with a wet noodle for 5 minutes. It hasn't increased the stategy, just the time it takes for the strategy to unfold. I'm trying to find positives but the more I play the less I like it (which I thought would be impossible coming off a very low base since the update.)
  • tcmault
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Don't like the new update. The protection thing is joke. I cannot even remotely win challenges that were easy previously.
  • Options
    I've only been playing for 2 months (roughly) and I feel bad for all y'all that have been invested since day 1. I can say that what was a really fun diversion with my 6-year old son is now a disappearing chore. I'm glad that the money I almost dropped on this game isn't. Sad state of affairs. Check your metrics, EA, beyond the comments section. I bet in a week or two you'll see a sharp drop in revenue, and playtime.
  • Valdrith
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well I've sent over 5 messages go EA support and the staff there and well they have sent me this in response to my messages because I explained that simply this update is causing more people saying that with this update is basically forcing them to start all over from the beginning as if I just downloaded this app.

http://m.imgur.com/dhP0YVW
  • Options
    I like how they changed it up a bit but there is definitely a discrepancy in the power now it takes me more time than necessary to clear things off I like playing the game but I don't like it to consume my time
  • Options
    matt1984 wrote: »
    Destroying the entire game for one small element is just plain crazy. Was Arena even broken? I adapted my lineup to include different toons to overcome the supposed speed meta.

If there was an issue with everyone using the same toons then maybe they could have allowed us to start farming some of the other characters. The reason you don't see Leia, Cad Bane, Darth Maul etc in teams is because without breaking the bank most players can't access them. Boring line ups are a result of lack of character access

Instead on improving the game I now have the joy of watching 2 teams slap each other with a wet noodle for 5 minutes. It hasn't increased the stategy, just the time it takes for the strategy to unfold. I'm trying to find positives but the more I play the less I like it (which I thought would be impossible coming off a very low base since the update.)

They did it so it's like a reset for us near the top and pay them more money.
  • Options
    I might be part of the few but I actually liked the update.... until I tried GW... first day I haven't beat it in months
  • Options
    They did it so it's like a reset for us near the top and pay them more money.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Well, after spending $ on this game, I know now to never do it again. Congratulations EA you ruined yet another game! And lost a ton of customers in the process. The only reason to stay playing this game now is if you just have absolutely no life....I'm gone, see ya
  • ArcSyn
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So, I've been mulling this over since the update installed and while reading comments, both good and bad, and playing through all of the game modes today. Figured it may be good to weigh in.
    I'm a F2P player. I started in December, toyed with it for two months, and started picking it up seriously in February. I haven't spent a single cent. It's been straight grinding and the free packs they give us and you can earn as you play. With that said, here's a quick snapshot of my roster so you can see where I'm at. I'm about halfway through player level 72.

FUNzuo0.png

8SAnMIt.png

You can see I have another row and a few beyond that, but they're all level 1.

As you can see, I've invested my limited resources heavily into the top 10 or so characters. And that's recent. A month ago it would have just been 5 characters. However, I realized as I tried to get materials for gear level 7 I needed to get more powerful teams for the challenges as well as light and dark side. I was able to defeat the highest level challenges (prior to 70+ opening up) and both light and dark side level 5 normal. With that, I was able to farm purple materials to bring those characters to gear level 7. It took a long time. Some of those materials I needed 60 to craft what I needed, and it would take days of running that one level. It was fun though, and the grind wasn't too bad because I had beaten them before. I could auto the level or perhaps only intervene in the last battle when I ran out of Sim tickets.

So now let's talk about post update.

I can still Sim those levels I had previously 3*. However, when I run through the 25-30 tickets I get per day, I cant run those levels. I can't even run them manually. I get wiped time and time again on the later level 5 stages because my team doesn't put out enough damage or have enough health to stay alive. So those purple materials I need to make a stronger team are now even further out of reach. I just spent prior to typing this post, 27 tickets on dark side 5-L to get 3 purple materials. I need 20.

The challenges I used to run? I have had to drop down to tier 2. I have been able to run tier 4 for the bounty challenge today, which was nice. Yesterday's attackers and today's healer/support though became impossible until I dropped down to tier 2. Do I get purple mats I need at those tiers? Not really. Occasionally, but nowhere near the numbers needed to craft.

Galactic War is a sore spot all over these forums. I've won about 15 times, and lost many more times than that. I don't have a good B team, or any C team, or D team. I have recently been able to form a B team, but they last 1-3 battles. I made it halfway through yesterday and today's wars. I haven't done that poorly since January.

I don't even care about arena, but I used to be pretty consistent in the 1500-1700 range. I'm not good. I'm not bad. I'm where I am for a game I've been playing for free.

So here's the thing. I'm stuck. The game is a grind. It's designed that way to make money. If they can convince 1% of the players to pay money to progress faster by buying resources, they want that, so they make it tough to progress very much per day. I understand that. I don't fault them for it, it's how F2P games work. However, I can't progress now after the update. What little I can do each day has been reduced so greatly that I feel I can't get better because I need to be better to get what I need to get better. Fortunately I can Sim the levels I cleared pre-update I need to get some materials, but what happens why I try to get to gear level 8? Can I tackle level 6 with level 70 character at gear 7? I don't think so, based on what I'm seeing. As it is, it will take me months to get a team ready.

That's my problem with the update. I'm not trying to whine, or be irrational. I see why they did it. If they can get 0.01% of the players to spend an extra $100 for every 99 freeloaders who quit, they have succeeded. They just want you to spend money to play, and they need to earn a paycheck. Fine. However, don't expect players to stick around if they feel there is no progress to enjoy. I'll stick around for a bit. Things can change. I still want to get a few more characters because I love Star Wars. However, if I feel like I'm going nowhere after a few weeks, I'll lose interest. This isn't the first mobile game I've played, and it won't be the last. I'd like to play more, but I can't afford to at the price they'd like me to pay.

Oh, and the time it takes to play? I work full time, have kids, and other responsibilities. Needing 2+ hours to clear the basic daily goals isn't fun when it's longer just because you can't do as much damage. I try to stagger my play through the day, but even before the update would end up with an hour or so of play I had to do before going to sleep. Post update, I guess some things may just start to slip and not be finished. I'm OK with needing to be more strategic, but difficulty for the sake of difficulty or reduced damage for the sake of making battles longer does not make a fun mobile game. The game destroys my battery as it is, and I'm on a new Nexus 6p. Keeping it on screen longer means I won't play off a charger as often. So it doesn't get played.

So do I like this change? No. Do I understand it? Yes. It's a business decision and so be it. I can't say anything because I'm not invested with anything more than some spare time. However, if the devs are listening, I hope this helps put a clear view of at least my viewpoint.
  • DarthZaius
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've only ever won 3 GW's and I've been playing since the first week of release. 1-2 hours per day playing and now I feel like I should have learned a new language in the amount of time I've dedicated to this game.

The EP says there were fewer viable team builds? I rotate 12 characters out of 41 for Arena and Galaxy War battles and up until yesterday I knew how all of those characters worked. Now what's the point in spending 4 months time and energy building up new characters if EA just decides in another few months to revamp the game again and effectively ERASE our progress at that point as well.

This isn't about EA being fair to the weak players by making the powerful players weaker, it's about EA alienating their top dedicated players and disabling them. This won't bring in a new crew of premium players, I think the update frustrates the users who are willing to keep the designers paid.

How many of us have spend hundreds of dollars to have our units forcefully lobotomized after this last update? Poor customer service.
  • Options
    Valdrith wrote: »
    Well I've sent over 5 messages go EA support and the staff there and well they have sent me this in response to my messages because I explained that simply this update is causing more people saying that with this update is basically forcing them to start all over from the beginning as if I just downloaded this app.

**** ANYONE ELSE SEE THIS??
  • Options
    This update is horrid please switch back to the last setup I can not stand this
  • Options
    TopNaomi wrote: »

hahahah. How can you not love EA!?!?!

03c.jpg

• Options
    I am part of the crew who has only joined the forums because I hate the update. I know it's only been a few days, but I've been playing this game for a while with several updates, but this one **** the fun out.

There was always a feeling that you were making progress towards getting stronger and contesting more difficult areas. There have always been small issues (like the difficulty of obtaining/leveling light side characters), but there was more than enough to keep you going. These changes feel like arbitrary attempts to sell more stuff. All that time I spent grinding away and getting to this level and now the rug has been pulled out from under me. I've seen this happen before with Contest of Champions and it ruined that game for me.

It's been fun, but I will enjoy getting my life back from this game.
  • Options
    MavWreck wrote: »
    I am part of the crew who has only joined the forums because I hate the update. I know it's only been a few days, but I've been playing this game for a while with several updates, but this one **** the fun out.

There was always a feeling that you were making progress towards getting stronger and contesting more difficult areas. There have always been small issues (like the difficulty of obtaining/leveling light side characters), but there was more than enough to keep you going. These changes feel like arbitrary attempts to sell more stuff. All that time I spent grinding away and getting to this level and now the rug has been pulled out from under me. I've seen this happen before with Contest of Champions and it ruined that game for me.

It's been fun, but I will enjoy getting my life back from this game.

Exactly
  • SMan
    49 posts Member
    Options

Nice training droids, good luck using them with 18k credits.
  • Options
    I like the idea of this update.

However, honestly speaking, now the game becomes TOOOOOOOOOOO time consuming.
    It takes me more than one hour and a half to complete GW. Thanks a lot. But suddenly I realized, I got nothing more. It's only a waste of time.

I love this game. I paid a lot. But life is short. I can't afford to play for that much time. If this doesn't change in the near future, sorry, I have to quit.
  • Options
    1. The intent of the changes is good, allowing more flexibility in choice of unit, it's not just fast kills. I'm not sure if I'm a fan yet, because everything takes longer. So it's more thinking required, more of a game, but except on weekends I don't have tons of time for e.g. finishing GW with different teams.
    2. Arena may be more tactically rich, but it takes too much time to fight - as others have noted, either need faster animations or more time (6 minute fights?).
    3. Galactic war is I think more what it was meant to be, you have to have multiple units/teams. For completing GW I needed to switch out units, fortunately I have a lot with level VII or higher gear (I didn't specialize as much as some did). And as noted above, much more time-consuming.
    4. Like the omega event, making upgrades available below level 80 which will be the normal level for being able to get these gems.

I think faster animations, or an option for them (thinking of HODA fast button) would alleviate some of the timing problems with arena and GW.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Aaaaaaaw what, now we only get ONE Arena battle for the 50 crystal refresh? It was FIVE before. ><

Every way I turn, I'm getting my hands cut off. We all DO want people to continue playing this game, yeh?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    epeeist wrote: »
    1. The intent of the changes is good, allowing more flexibility in choice of unit, it's not just fast kills. I'm not sure if I'm a fan yet, because everything takes longer. So it's more thinking required, more of a game, but except on weekends I don't have tons of time for e.g. finishing GW with different teams.
    2. Arena may be more tactically rich, but it takes too much time to fight - as others have noted, either need faster animations or more time (6 minute fights?).
    3. Galactic war is I think more what it was meant to be, you have to have multiple units/teams. For completing GW I needed to switch out units, fortunately I have a lot with level VII or higher gear (I didn't specialize as much as some did). And as noted above, much more time-consuming.
    4. Like the omega event, making upgrades available below level 80 which will be the normal level for being able to get these gems.

I think faster animations, or an option for them (thinking of HODA fast button) would alleviate some of the timing problems with arena and GW.

I already switched a lot but now I just can't do it. I even have real good stats and did a Galactic War everyday but past two days has been a complete waste. Give us our health back!
  • LT24
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I was very happy prior to this update, now I'm on the verge of quitting. Absolutely ridiculous and garbage.
  • Options
    Why could they have not just added NEW characters/environments/challenges to encourage new team lineups and made the previous characters more accessible? I like and use 20 characters depending on their opponents.

Taking the Gold rewards down to virtually nothing, removing the market (I have 900 pieces of gear I can't use..), has it all been to make more money?!
  • Options
    Ui appreciate the gesture you just made, Thankyou EA!
  • DarthZaius
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Post a bad review.

1-Star reviews on the App Store officially outnumber 5-Star ratings, bringing the overall star rating to 3.

Keep it up! Post a 1-Star review on your App Store and let's try and bring balance to the Force.
  • Options
    Assman wrote: »

I just received 10 of the same response message, all with different payouts. This doesn't undo what they did but did anyone else receive those messages?
  • DeathStarKiller
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank You for ruining an awsome game with a suck update. After working so hard on characters the update completely destroyed all characters earned endurance and damage, that I invested money in. Unless you return stats, there will never be another penny from my pocket in the stupidity that was committed. Also, now the life bars of the enemies is not even showing damage until you kill them. The players got screwed with the upgrade. Someone in EA needs to get fired.
  • Options
    There is an update now, just finished GW and some challenges, much better. And I like the faster speed. There is a fix, perhaps not perfect but it's much better than yesterday I think.
    EmpereurDuNord - QC force