Overpowered Dooku outplays 1vs4 in battle of Rank 1, video uploaded

Replies

• DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    If you had used GS's swarm on Dooku instead of Phasma you probably win, you played this wrong imo
    +1

Plus you should have NOT used the aoe. These only made poor damage to Dooku while giving him counter and turn meter.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    If you had used GS's swarm on Dooku instead of Phasma you probably win, you played this wrong imo
    +1

Plus you should have NOT used the aoe. These only made poor damage to Dooku while giving him counter and turn meter.

Yes i already i accepted. This gives funny question. What is better to attack on dooku or not attack on dooku ?
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    All I want to know is how to get on this server. I'm constantly sitting between #50 and #150 on my older server running a lvl76 (saving Omega until 78) 7* Phasma (L), Lumi, Sid, GS, 86 team, and I would beat this #1 better than half the time, and would wipe OP's team on a regular basis.

@Pagyno, your strategy ended with attacking ST Han first and QGJ second. Those are about the only good things you did. You should have hit Han with Poggle's standard rather than use his damage buff, because if it had proc'ed, you wouldn't have needed that buff to kill Han and start to work on QGJ. After taking QGJ out, you should have torn into Dooku as soon as both of your combo specials (86 and GS) were ready, and used Poggle's ability block on Lumi (if she hadn't already healed) or Phasma (to block the slow/TM manip). Even if Lumi manages to slap a heal on Dooku, you should still be able to kill him without too much trouble using your DPS advantage. And once Dooku is down, it's just a matter of whose HP lasts longer, with you most likely taking it down much faster, since Phasma is weak and Lumi is even slower than your team is.

Even going outside that plan, you did a number of things wrong that, done right, might have still let you recover. First off, you had one more chance to use HK's debuff AoE towards the end, and you should have taken it. The opportunity to slow and dearmor Dooku and the others at that point is worth taking a counter, since with Han out of the way, you can act on it. HK isn't exactly helping out much in the damage category, comparatively, so his debuffs are his strongest tool outside of a leader position.

Second, never leave Dooku for last if you can help it (unless the choice is him or Fives), because then every successful attack leads to your own damage and his TM increase, especially if you can't Stun him. And with him counter-attacking twice for every time you attack once, and potentially getting in additional normal attacks (including a special that can potentially stun two of your toons), you need someone else for your lower HP toons to attack while your higher DPS and healthier characters work on him. Phasma is always a character that you should be working toward leaving for last, anyway. Outside of her specials, she's just a poor to mediocre tank, and completely useless when left for last, unless you're already on your last legs.

Finally, as has been said, HK should be leading this team, if he's even on it. Poggle gets you some nice damage, but he has a special that will do that anyway. HK is only useful for his debuffs and as an additional target outside of the leader position, but in it, he gets you additional chances for your slow droids to abuse their DPS advantage. As others have said, a taunter would have helped, but you could have won this match with just the toons you used.

Your problem is that since you assume being OP rules the roost, you created a team that is just that. You optimized your strengths (DPS) and ignored your weaknesses (speed, health). You can't do that and consistently get away with it unless you want to spend a ton on Crystals to make sure you're head and shoulders above the competition anyway. And that still doesn't always work. I'm completely F2P, but I wipe obvious whale and dolphin teams on a daily basis that didn't factor strategy into their purchases. Money helps, certainly, but it's not the only factor to success, and often not even the biggest.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Poggle abil block is not reliable.
    Thanks for advices but only mistake that i made was kiling phasma...
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Pagyno wrote: »
    and the AOE
    And no tank which would make attacking Dook simple.....

• quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That was your biggest mistake, yes. Match was still winnable at that point. Poggle should have been on Phasma duty to attempt to stop her specials, while everyone else with any health (and whichever of 86/GS was almost dead at that point, because they were dead soon anyway) tag-teamed Dooku.

Poggle's ability block is not reliable, no, but it does work sometimes. It will work even better as you upgrade it, and won't work at all if you don't use it.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I will annswer tomorow.
  • Options
    Omg, LMFAO, I'm sorry bro but I've felt that anger before. To the point my wifey is rushing over to me asking "what's going on, are you ok?!" LoL O man it's gets so bad sometimes, lol, I feel for you ...Such a love/hate relationship with this game like no other >.>
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Again.
    I must teach u little. Poggle ability block is weak. He must always buff.

STh than QKJ than Lumi. No other choice. And than i always kill dooku at last. It was mistake but also great luck from dooku. Dodge dodge and stun in crit monent could be expected.
  • Dexermon
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Its good idea to have healer in my group instead of HK 47. But i will never use overpowered chars that stun and revive.

You must admit that nowdays chars are overpowered and overpowered chars make game more interesting for premium players. But not for players taht find strategy a real enjoyment.
    Its good idea to have healer in my group instead of HK 47. But i will never use overpowered chars that stun and revive.

You must admit that nowdays chars are overpowered and overpowered chars make game more interesting for premium players. But not for players taht find strategy a real enjoyment.

It's not about overpowered characters, it's about strategy as you say so yourself.. Use a taunt/tank if you don't want all your characters to be Countered... Don't use AoE on Doku, that is just plain dumb. You made really bad choises all the way through that game.

Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I mada bad choices and ended up 4vs one.
    Iam unexperienced player that battling rank 1.

Do u even have some healthy attitude ?

My attitude is that i was lucky to procced it. Weak pvp players i laugh....
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Igs combo should had been used on dooku at last moment. Only mistake...
  • BaksoKikil
    129 posts Member
    Options
    As soon as you didn't hit ST Han for the first time, I knew you made a big mistake. End of story.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Predictions from nostradamus cantina. Not realy of real game and players top ten.
    Mistake isnt when u can use ability block on phasma saying yes thats great hes not able to use aoe that speeds down. U surely win after it.

Guys with droids know that I played good. But there is general strategy to kill dooku at last.

Dooku is imbalance wit offense up. He atack more than 10 times in game. With high dodge and stun its not balanced.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    OP uses aoe vs Dooku and cries out on forum where being 4 levels lower, a few gear levels lower and no gamesense. Sorry this is just a L2P issue :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    OP uses aoe vs Dooku and cries out on forum where being 4 levels lower, a few gear levels lower and no gamesense. Sorry this is just a L2P issue :)

My chars are gear 9. Pogle is weak but usles. Iam not crying.
    Your issue is caled iam number 200 in arena and I know everything.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    :D
  • BaksoKikil
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I have never had real problems playing against Dooku. My team is Dooku L, Phasma, Savage, Daka, GS all 7* G8. RG gives me way much more problems. Dooku is quite easy, hes got low HP. I always use Savage or Daka to attack him.
  • L45TPH45E
    39 posts Member
    Options
    That video only showed how bad you are. 4 level difference with 3000 power difference. unknown factors are your skill levels and gear levels.

Dooku got in 2 good stuns, the first and last. you had no dispel to use on Han and you allowed QGJ to dispel and get attack buff. You also used aoe while Han was taunting and dooku could counter.

In the end, your strategy was flawed. a weaker team no dispel, no tank or healer of your own making poor choices in battle.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    L45TPH45E wrote: »
    That video only showed how bad you are. 4 level difference with 3000 power difference. unknown factors are your skill levels and gear levels.

Dooku got in 2 good stuns, the first and last. you had no dispel to use on Han and you allowed QGJ to dispel and get attack buff. You also used aoe while Han was taunting and dooku could counter.

In the end, your strategy was flawed. a weaker team no dispel, no tank or healer of your own making poor choices in battle.

Lol. What rank are u weaky ?
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    L45TPH45E wrote: »

U can solo it right ???
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    BaksoKikil wrote: »
    I have never had real problems playing against Dooku. My team is Dooku L, Phasma, Savage, Daka, GS all 7* G8. RG gives me way much more problems. Dooku is quite easy, hes got low HP. I always use Savage or Daka to attack him.

Thanks for sensible topic and ideas :)
  • Options
    Dooku Noob Slayer Strikes again
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku Noob Slayer Strikes again

You cannot wait on next video ?

Itl be and u see your dookus and luminaras down. U will cry how much crystals fun and etc i have. This topic is best ever over 3,3k view. Iam top ten now just enjoying your hate.
    I
  • Options
    Lol this thread is getting funny. So much self righteousness...

For the record, arena rank isn't representative of your skill or power. Please do not diss people just because you're rank 1.

Arena rank is really just indicative of how active you are and the relative strength of your shard. Your shard's top guy is lvl 76 with squad power of 30k. Some ppl have shards with guys in the top 10 at lvl 80 and squad power of 34k.

So unless you somehow get #1 in a server that has all of us combined, really nothing to boast about.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Really funny. I know u guys poor have no shards but i also dont have ray not boasting.

Problem is that Droid make alot of dmg u can have luck and skill and get there. U must work hard thats all.

I did iam number one. For short time.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Your ig88 dodge an attack at the start and you almost have the perfect RNG with no dodge in the match except the last few hits. It will not be fair if you win. Having 4 toons with almost 0 health and HK47 revive already against dooku with full health and protection, it is normal that you lose. If you are fight against Fives instead.I don't think you can take down half of his health.
  • HB0MBZ
    190 posts Member
    Options
    If hk 47 isn't Lead in your Droid team then just take him out of your squad.
  • Options
    Old ben with ST han is far worse than dooku ever was
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @Pagyno

Rank 200? nuff said. Things are working as intended, your squad is weaker and your opponent has higher gear levels. You are at 27k power, your target at 30k. You almost won if it wasn't for a few dodges. I don't see the problem?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting