Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Ahsoka is actually a great lead for this even too.
    The extra turn meter on evade means more heals and more attacks.
  • Options
    Sooo... You want folks who have already spent millions in credit and quite a few upgrade mats to reach level 80, spend all the omega mats that we want to save for Yoda on these 5 Jedi, and do all this keeping in mind that we won't use 2 or 3 of those same Jedi EVER AGAIN.

Your reasoning is stupid. And Yoda's power isn't currently worth it after you castrated him during the last update. Screw this. And screw you. Keep asking for more money and I will quit.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Datika wrote: »
    FYI- the Yoda challenge has always been difficult.

A number of people have already completed the newest iteration of the challenge. Please refrain from demanding it be made easier because you can't complete it. Instead, post your roster specs and ask for tips.

Using all the strats with higher level and better geared character yeild no Yoda. Most people that have finished have done so on luck. This is an RNG event.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Nidemama wrote: »
    I've already got today at 7 star from the a couple of events back. He was tough, but beatable. The rule shouldn't be changed like this - it's unfair as I had a much easier fight than the guys who come in now. Poor management. Again

I agree last time I fought him I was 10% Heath left but then he gain a bunch of turns, now I can't even last 3 rounds
  • Options
    I just got Yoda today, I went the long route and farmed Ima Gun Di - lv78. Used him as lead with Barriss - lv75, JC - Lv76, Luminara - Lv78, and QGJ -lv78. I gave up on the Barriss w/ Yoda exploit after a couple of battles, seems to me, at Level 90, the longer you wait to kill Yoda, the more nasty hits your team takes from him... The team I beat was Yoda, Mace and Plo Koon, focused on Yoda first, then Mace, then Plo. It was close, only had Ima at the end. His leadership was very useful but it took some tactics, like don't waste your special attacks on Yoda when he's got foresight, watch your health, try to use Lumi's heal after Yoda used his Masterstroke, things like that... I did have to spend some credits to level up JC, and Barriss, more than I wanted too.. Best of Luck to you guys that are still trying to get a 7* Yoda. May the force be with you!
  • Options
    Come on. Jesus ****. Stop moaning all the time. According to what I can read, half of you are angry and the other half wants to quit playing. The event got live a few hours ago. It's a monthly challenge. It's supposed to be hard!!!! They've got nothing to fix because there's no problem.
    I did it after trying about it about 10 times. I ran a QGJ lead 78. Lumi 78. Barriss 77. Ashoka 70 and JC 70.
    Yoda was with Barriss and Mace.
    I just focused the little green Man, killed him and then destroyed Mace and Barriss. Her AI is dumb she doesn't heal when he's in the yellow.
    So bring him down to the end of the yellow bar then switch target until barriss' turn has gone and finish Yoda.
    So now it might not Ork the first time. Then try again.
    And learn to appreciate the difficulties of the game sometimes.
    So childish.
  • Options
    It is hard but not impossible. It may take several tries (it took me about 7 tries) but I did it. It is supposed to be a challenge. And it is. So stop whining and try a different strategy if yours isn't working. I beat him with Barriss, Lumi, QGJ, JC, and Ani against Ani and Barriss.

I killed Ani first, then I was trying to severely damage Barriss so she would heal and in doing so would hurt Yoda but I accidentally killed Barriss and then just had to hack away at Yoda. I ended up losing my Ani and JC but I won.

It can be done. If it weren't challenging, we wouldn't want to play the game.

cancer^
  • Options
    I think we can all agree on the following atleast. I take issue with the fact that EA didn't atleast mention that the difficulty would be raised at the time when they posted the timer again for the event this time around. If people were aware they would atleast have had ample time to prepare. I myself did get it on the first try. I only had 5* Yoda last event. Did both 6* and 7* event easy without fail. So long as you got barris luminara and ashoka. You do well. I did use obi wan as lead which helped a lot. JC also helps. It's a heal intensive event. The more you can heal and keep doing damage the higher odds of you winning. That being said. I do understand how people feel cheated this time around. EA promised to keep us in the loop in regards to things coming our way. This hardly is keeping us in the loop. A simple one line sentence saying the difficulty would be raised would have sufficed. That's my thoughts on the matter. Not.going to enter the whole different debate as to whether the increase in difficulty should have happened or not since we are pretty split on that.

The event is heal intensive, yes. But before, it was just a grindy event. It took a long time to beat yoda but it was doable. When yoda one-shots your toons though, it doesn't matter how strong your heals are. You can't heal a dead toon and there are no jedi that can revive.
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    For those that are having trouble with Yoda stealing Lumi's heal:

I only used Lumi's heal ONCE when Yoda was also low health because I knew Yoda would steal it. As soon as he stole the heal over time I dispelled it with QGJ and finished Yoda off with my team having Offense Up. This way there would be no way Yoda could steal the Offense Up from my team and share it with his buddies.

+1

I employed the same strategy. I relied on JC and Ashoka heals, as well as Lumi's leadership passive heal.

Yoda will steal Lumi's heal, so make sure to have QGJ's humbling blow queued up to debuff and grant offense up.
  • Options
    God people. He is supposed to be hard to beat. Grand master.....mean anything? Took me over 40-50 tries with many different methods and I was pulling my hair out. A lot has to do with luck. Yoda goes crazy, always has. Relax, back out and try again until you get the squad you want.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Reset until you have guards that neither heal nor debuff. The combination I found successful was Tano and Aayla.

Yoda is squishy. Target him only while you have protection for your guys. He seems to gain strength the longer the battle goes so kill him quick. He hits hard but also loses health quickly. The guards remain alive after you kill him so you need to polish them off after Yoda.

I used Lumi (Lead), Barriss, QGJ, Tano and JC.

It took me six tries and yes RNG was helpful as a good number of my specials on Yoda hit their mark. You just gotta keep trying.
  • Options
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I expected to be able to get him to 7* this time around, based on how close I got last time (I unlocked my fifth 7* Jedi with literally an hour or so left of the challenge). They don't have protection, but this defo seems harder. He just one shotted my Ahsoka once her protection was gone.

thats not really one shotting then is it.
  • Donkay
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Beat Yoda 7* in less than 10 tries. He had Eeth Koth and Plo Koon when I beat him.
    My team makeup was:
    1) Bariss (l); level 74, gear8 4/6
    2) QGJ; level 78, gear8 5/6
    3) Lumi; level 75, gear8 5/6
    4) JC; level 74, gear8 5/6
    5) Old Ben; level 74, gear 8 5/6
    all skills maxed and only QGJ had omega for basic.
    Basically I just took Eeth down first, then Plo, and finally Yoda. Just spread the heals out and if anyone of your Jedi's dip under 70% hp then you must heal so they will not be one-shot by Yoda. I was afraid Old Ben would be a major liability but he actually landed his Mind Tricks a couple of times on Yoda and company when they did not have Tenacity up. Also, in my other failed attempts where Old Ben died and Yoda stole the Strike Me Down buffs I just dispelled Yoda with QGJ's Humbling Blow. All the forums were saying Old Ben would be a huge liability, but this was not the case imo.
  • Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

Yea...this sounds like a lie...and it most likely is considering they took out that thing with Barris specifically for this event so when she heals in doesnt take as much hp from Yoda as it used to a couple months back.

• Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I HAVE 7* YODA!! WOOOOO!!!!

Tips:
    1. Make sure you get Yoda - Bariss *other*
    2. Kill *other*
    3. Put Bariss into deep red, she will then equalize, putting YODA into deep yellow
    4. Kill yoda
    5. Kill Bariss

I'll give it a shot after I go through a "cool down" lol

I get the strategy, and it's smart. But nothing works when your toons get one-shotted by Yoda. My QGJ and JC both get one shotted as soon as the protection is gone. 10k-13k damage is too much. I have the strongest healers in the game but you can't heal dead toons.
  • Calhoun
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Here's 25 more minutes trying the suggestions I've seen here on the forums with Luminara Lead.

youtu.be/66q4SFS0Peg

At this point, I've been at this for 5 hours. I am done. Just one more reason to be **** at EA games.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I will be having a lot of free time on my hands
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I beat him with ease on my first attempt (I went against, Yoda, Anakin, Lumi) before reading the forums on how he was buffed and difficult. My team was Barriss, Lumi, Ashoka, QGJ, and JC. Barriss, QGJ, Lumi are 78 rest were level 70. I'm not posting this to pour salt on wounds, rather I believe players are forgetting that Yoda goes nuts when you try to use debuffs on him (ability block, etc). I recommended this to my guild members and the success rate went through the roof.
  • Options
    I did tier 6 on my second try no problem. Can't do tier 7 yet but when I get two more 7 star jedis i'm sure i'll be able to beat it easily too. I feel as if the yoda event became easier
  • Cr0n
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Finaly got 7* after a couple of hours. Tried Asoka lead and did it straight away. As others have said use Lumi's heal only when QGJ dispell is ready to fire. I ignored the adds which were Fisto and JC and went straight for Yoda. I also left JC out of my squad as he was dieing far too easily. Asoka(L), Bariss, Lumi, QGJ (omega), Eeth.
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Datika wrote: »
    FYI- the Yoda challenge has always been difficult.

A number of people have already completed the newest iteration of the challenge. Please refrain from demanding it be made easier because you can't complete it. Instead, post your roster specs and ask for tips.

Using all the strats with higher level and better geared character yeild no Yoda. Most people that have finished have done so on luck. This is an RNG event.

Yudo, What's the composition of your Jedi lineup?
  • Options
    In my timezone, Yoda Events was opened at 2 pm. So 29 min later, I could beat T6 and T7. I don't think this Event is very hard! It is hard, but well defeasible. I used QGJ as Leader (G9/Lvl 78), Lumi (G9/Lvl 77), Ahsoka (G8/Lvl 72), EK (G8/Lvl 70)and JC (G8/Lvl 72). I faced Anakin and JC as helpers. I was in full Yoda, when I killed him, I killed Anakin, then JC. I tryed the TI strategy, but doesn't worked for me! My Guild helped me with this TIP: KILL FIRST YODA! Then, I beat T7 after 6 min! The time I needed to kill all!
    I think the people who aren't defeat him, is only because of your Lvl, gear or strategy! Not EE/CG problem!
    So, level up and gear up your toons. G8 and Lvl 76 is enough.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't do QGJ. I think that is my downfall. If it is I quit

My team is
    Lu
    JC
    Barris
    EK
    AT
  • Options
    Mingepoker wrote: »
    Come on. Jesus ****. Stop moaning all the time. According to what I can read, half of you are angry and the other half wants to quit playing. The event got live a few hours ago. It's a monthly challenge. It's supposed to be hard!!!! They've got nothing to fix because there's no problem.
    I did it after trying about it about 10 times. I ran a QGJ lead 78. Lumi 78. Barriss 77. Ashoka 70 and JC 70.
    Yoda was with Barriss and Mace.
    I just focused the little green Man, killed him and then destroyed Mace and Barriss. Her AI is dumb she doesn't heal when he's in the yellow.
    So bring him down to the end of the yellow bar then switch target until barriss' turn has gone and finish Yoda.
    So now it might not Ork the first time. Then try again.
    And learn to appreciate the difficulties of the game sometimes.
    So childish.

Yeah....well you're a poopy head!

In all seriousness, of course people are upset. A lot of us have been grinding for months for this and now we can't even beat Yoda because we don't have Barriss or QGJ? It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    Just barely got enough 7* Jedi on the last day last time the event was open and spent a good three straight hours trying to beat him. Came close a few times using his barris against him, but I didn't have a great lineup at the time and couldn't do it. This time I figured I was good to go.. Finished farming barris and got all my 7* Jedi's up to gear 8+. So I roll in with barris, lumi, jc, qgj, and ashoka thinking this will be a cake walk, ahhhhhhh nope. He does 15k damage on qgj on the first move, and then qgj gets taken out by one of his minions before I get to go (I also didn't precraft unfortunately). Bad rng, I retreat and start over. It's now been an hour and I've tried a bunch of different lineups and nothing works, I'm not even coming close, even before I came to the forums I could tell they upped his damage and health... But level 90 full omegas!?

I'm really do want 7* Yoda and I've invested a lot of time and money in getting the needed toons for this, but I'm not wasting my time on the very off chance that RNGesus lines up the stars and achieve victory.

There's clearly no skill involved with this event, so here's my ask: Let me use my SIM tickets on the challenge! I got a boatload of them that I'd be happy to use.

Rant over.
  • Options
    Incredible. This megathread has nearly half as many as the dodge dooku megathread already.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, I will be done with this game
  • Options
    Hi, i Beat him today after 30-40 trys. My Team, lvl 77 all, Barris, Lumi, GQJ, JC, Ahsoka VS. Yoda, Mace and Old Ben. I kill Yoda First and Loose JC, then Mace and Loose Lumi. But Ben was an easy Target alone. GQJ with Gear 9 4/6 and Omega Basic Attack, Barris Gear 8 4/6, JC Gear 8 5/6, Lumi Gear 9 5/6, Ahsoka Gear 8 5/6. Dont give up, it's possible - but very hard and you Need easy Toons besides Yoda.
  • Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    Mingepoker wrote: »
    In all seriousness, of course people are upset. A lot of us have been grinding for months for this and now we can't even beat Yoda because we don't have Barriss or QGJ? It's ridiculous.

This is what I have noticed, It seems most people who have "Defeated" this are showing either one of those 2 or both. Here's to hoping you didn't back the wrong horse!

Plus so far I have counted 12 different people who have "Decided" to quit the game because of this update.

-Nutzoids
    Prolific Guild
    Kill Safe,
    -Nutzoids
    https://swgoh.gg/u/nutzoids/
This discussion has been closed.