Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why even have a leader my leader abilities do not even work half the time Fightin the computer this is dumb
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    So I followed the advice on here, revisited my strategy and tried again and, guess what, I beat him first time! Strategy is the key.

Nah, just kidding, after about 100 goes doing the same thing (already a decent strategy as I'm sure most people on here are employing) I finally caught a couple of lucky dodges, he missed a crucial shot and bam, it was enough to tip the balance.

If you were lucky enough to hit good luck early on, good for you. Everyone else will eventually get there if you can bear to keep on getting slammed, retreating, and trying again.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Here's my question... Why is it that when you use QGJ's humbling blow on Yoda when he has a tenacity buff, it doesn't grant offense up to your team? Even better why when he steals lumi's health buff it heals him twice? Sounds like bugs to me
  • Options
    I mirror the anger here, I use up pretty much the when double rewards events making sure I was set for Yoda and now even with level 77 and gear level 9 I can't even get close to finishing him. Super unfair fight and not a 'fun challenge' but rather a frustrating impossibility.
  • Options
    EA/CG - are you hearing us? How unfair is it that people had to wait another month for THIS, while some already were able to get Yoda to 7 stars at old standards. Now you raise the bar to impossible levels??!!?? There is no way to beat him. His health status even seems to regenerate on its own now. Guessing that is an Omega level ability - self heal???? I finally had him into yellow health, his turn meter turns full blue, he goes back into green and then decimates my team killing 4 in a row with a Masterstroke taking out a yellow health JC, an unstoppable force to green EK, an Ataru to green Ahsoka, and a final Ataru to QGJ, then finishing off with a battle meditation. That is 5 consecutive moves guys!! Not a single special attack works on anyone. My Omega basic attack for EK doesn't reduce armor. (Wow! I'm sure glad I worked on EK. He's completely useless now). Nothing works. Thanks EA. Was looking forward to a 7 star Yoda with an all 7 star, level 76-77 team, but instead just got an Ataru up the behind from you guys. Think it would be appropriate for you to reduce the difficulty back to previous release levels. Keep it fair to those that have been in this game for awhile. Otherwise you risk losing your players and guess what - income.
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know About you people but I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on his game for them to just change stuff is wrong just to have me spend more money I find it on ethical and I'm looking into some stuff
  • MacKenzie
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So... My complaint isn't necessarily that's Yoda is hard... Is how people who did not get him the first couple of times the event are getting screwed over. Relatively speaking, he was easier to beat those times compared to now given how many resources and time a player needs to invest now AND the increased power and survivability that investment gives the characters.

And that is simply not fair to raise the bar on people who put significant time, and in some cases significant money, into this game.

Dont get me wrong, I do not begrudge those who paid more into the game then I have. They weren't the ones who raised the bar.

I am not even irked that the challenge is as hard as it is. What irks me is the change itself essentially penalizes those who didn't get Yoda the first few times... And doesn't even really benefit those who did... They already got him, it's not like CG took Way their Yoda and made them go at it again under the rebalanced event.

Seriously, CG... shifting goalposts is a good way to alienate a decent portion of your current customer base, as well as future customers. I can understand the event needed a little tweak to accommodate the protection update, but this rebalanced event went a bit too far.

Personally, I am actually regretting the money I invested into this game now. I will still play, but I am not certain if I will invest anymore. A few hundred dollars is not a massive amount for me, but it is significant enough that this tweak feels a bit like a slap to the face for not spending more... Which doesn't make me want to invest even more... It makes me want to not invest at all into something with such diminishing returns, and returns that diminish more and more as time goes on. I can enjoy the game for free, and simply wait a few months to get to where I was headed with my roster should this be how the company wants to handle it's game.

Again, not mad, nor begrudgingly those who spent more than me, nor those who invested more time as a f2p player and completed the event... Just saying the tweak irks some of your customers and makes any more financial investment a very unappealing option.

No more shifting goalposts, please. Reba lancing is fine, and required... This was more than a rebalance however.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Datika wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    FYI- the Yoda challenge has always been difficult.

A number of people have already completed the newest iteration of the challenge. Please refrain from demanding it be made easier because you can't complete it. Instead, post your roster specs and ask for tips.

Using all the strats with higher level and better geared character yeild no Yoda. Most people that have finished have done so on luck. This is an RNG event.

@Datika

Yudo, What's the composition of your Jedi lineup?

All level 77 (78 later tonight), all are full gear VIII (a piece of the new stuff away from IX), all are max non-Omega abilities.

Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Plo

I know Barriss is a favorite but many people have shown teams without her, with on average lower level than my characters, that have completed the event. I'm not really doing anything wrong. I'm just on the opposite spectrum of RNG than they were that allowed them to complete the event with less muscle and time.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    EA is hilarious as always, CRAZY RNG is what you need to win
  • Options
    WhoooooWheeeeeee!!!! Gonna be a run on Preparation H tonight at the local drugstore! Might need to squeeze a trail of it out on the floor and have y'all drag yo selves on it like a dog wit worms! I tell you what!
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I expected to be able to get him to 7* this time around, based on how close I got last time (I unlocked my fifth 7* Jedi with literally an hour or so left of the challenge). They don't have protection, but this defo seems harder. He just one shotted my Ahsoka once her protection was gone.

thats not really one shotting then is it.

Don't be a smart-donkey. I call it one shotting because there is no chance to heal the toons. We have no way to regain protection, so they have no chance to stay alive through a hit. One shot from yoda takes my toon from full health to 0 health.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I totally felt that way before I got him as well. Welcome to the fold. You are among friends, and that feisty little Grand Master has caused many a rant from many of us. Might have to look toward the next time it rolls around.

I tried for a whole week to finish 7* with a team that had done it on youtube but was foolish to try. Had to wait nearly a month for next attempt. Basically, NEVER try if one of your jedi is Eeth. I know you can see it done on Youtube, but you have to be sooooooo lucky it's stupid.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    jackstraw wrote: »
    He apparently self-heals as well. I brought him down to red with a few hits to go and he self-healed back to green within two moves. Not really sure if this is even possible now... this is only on tier 6.

Saw it and experiencing it now. Got him down to red and 2 turns later, he's at full health.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

A number of people have already completed the newest iteration of the challenge. Please refrain from demanding it be made easier because you can't complete it. Instead, post your roster specs and ask for tips.

Using all the strats with higher level and better geared character yeild no Yoda. Most people that have finished have done so on luck. This is an RNG event.

@Datika

All level 77 (78 later tonight), all are full gear VIII (a piece of the new stuff away from IX), all are max non-Omega abilities.

Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Plo

I know Barriss is a favorite but many people have shown teams without her, with on average lower level than my characters, that have completed the event. I'm not really doing anything wrong. I'm just on the opposite spectrum of RNG than they were that allowed them to complete the event with less muscle and time.

Having Plo is going to be tough because Yoda can resist your basic attack. I had the same problem with my QGJ's Omega basic attack although I did see it go through once which was helpful.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Absolute joke.. it's impossible
    Absolute joke.. it's impossible

I was feeling the same way.
    I used:
    Barris (L)
    QGJ
    JC
    Lumi
    Asoka (spelling?)

Got a team of Ani and Barris. Killed Ani, took Barris to red then worked on Yoda. Once she 'healed', took her red again and back to Yoda. When their health was about the same I killed her then him.
    You sir are a f ing hero work to perfection
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I could see the point in making Yoda hard to obtain if they made Yoda character better!!!!! But he's still a crappy character and EA is doing it purely for profit..... To make more people to spend money on the game is wrong and that's where I have the problem
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I expected to be able to get him to 7* this time around, based on how close I got last time (I unlocked my fifth 7* Jedi with literally an hour or so left of the challenge). They don't have protection, but this defo seems harder. He just one shotted my Ahsoka once her protection was gone.

thats not really one shotting then is it.

Don't be a smart-donkey. I call it one shotting because there is no chance to heal the toons. We have no way to regain protection, so they have no chance to stay alive through a hit. One shot from yoda takes my toon from full health to 0 health.

Yep - exactly that.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    PugVader wrote: »
    jackstraw wrote: »
    He apparently self-heals as well. I brought him down to red with a few hits to go and he self-healed back to green within two moves. Not really sure if this is even possible now... this is only on tier 6.

Saw it and experiencing it now. Got him down to red and 2 turns later, he's at full health.

Did he steal your Lumi's heal over time? That's the only time I saw him healing up was with that buff on him.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Did it 7th attempt Earlier with eeth, it's not that bad. All about what other Jedi yoda has. As long as you have bariss and another healer it's fine
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    Having a whale of a time at tier 6. Anyone else having to battle the Temple Guards with Yoda?
  • Options
    cant wait to level my toons up for you guys to raise the cap and increase event difficulty again...yay
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

@Datika

Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Plo

Having Plo is going to be tough because Yoda can resist your basic attack. I had the same problem with my QGJ's Omega basic attack although I did see it go through once which was helpful.

It is tough with Plo, but I've finally just done it, so have faith, it can be done. You may need more luck than others, but if you keep going you should get there.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I have

Barris
    Lu
    JC
    EK
    AT

Can't get Yoda
  • Options
    My first couple tries I felt like this. But then I got it with my team with only 2 maxed Jedi.
  • K1ngYoda
    203 posts Member
    Options
    sorry all, but it isnt even worth it.

I run yoda in GW, he is kind of usefull there, but he is useless every where else in the game,m imo.

Oh he is ok for raids, but they as a whole are useless...so hardly worth the bother other than having another currency to shard farm with.....

everyone needs to just exclusively farm the meta, and nothing else.....this game is basically just a combination of a few toons.

Rey
    Leia
    GS
    RG
    Han
    Dooku
    Daka
    IG 86
    Lumi
    QGJ
    Fives

That is pretty much it....just stick with those toons and ignore everything else....they are mostly all free to play as well, so do not spend a cent.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    Focus down yoda. I used anakin as lead had lumi JC barriss and eeth. It was so easy. Try not to use lumi' heal as yoda can steal it now. QGJ in place of eeth or lumi might've made it easier but it's easy enough to do with the team I had. You should be fine
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Did anyone upset at the difficulty now attempt him before? He was a beast before also. I had maxed kit, lumi, qgj, jc, mace, and ahsoka to choose from, all maxed it nearly maxed gear? Ability, and level and only beat him out of shear luck! He was extremely difficult before and people who have tried it once or twice and have given up to complain about it on the forums are in exactly the same boat as last time. I think I beat 7 star on attempt 100 or so.
  • Options
    If 7 star is so easy as some claim then surely I would be done by now with a Barris lead along with qgj, lumi, JC and ETH, all gear 8 most at ability 7 ranging in levels 70 up to 76. Yet I've tried every strat I have seen on here to no avail
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    Options

@Datika

Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, Plo

Use Lumi as the lead (I'm sure you already are). Try to get a pairing that matches Yoda with a low HP toon and a low DPS toon (e.g. Ashoka/OB pairing). In that example, kill Ashoka first, using a complement of specials and basic, and ignore OB.

You'll need 5 or 4 toons once you shrink the competition to Yoda and OB. It's imperative Lumi and QGJ survive to this phase in the match.

Unleash attacks on Yoda. When health is low, use Lumi's heal. Make sure QGJ's humbling blow is refreshed before use. Yoda will steal your heal. Use humbling blow on Yoda to debuff and grant your team Offense up. Unload on Yoda.

If you defeat Yoda with a minimum of three toons left, that should leave you with enough to defeat OB.

Again, RNG plays a significant role, but this is likely the optimal strategy for your roster.
  • Options
    2016-05-1223.11.17.png

I was very hopeful, but Yoda killed them all and was still in high green. This really stupid.
This discussion has been closed.