Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    500 + posts, any official word from a Dev?
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    Options
    @tRRRey Yoda went on to kill Mace and JC but I pulled it out. Took me about 20 retreats to make sure I had Barriss and then maybe 10 matches with her before clearing it; Anakin was the other Jedi.

• Options
    Changed rating to 1* on Google play with a warning not to even start playing this game.. You just get shafted at every turn.
  • Jopa_Tice
    160 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    For those that are having trouble with Yoda stealing Lumi's heal:

I only used Lumi's heal ONCE when Yoda was also low health because I knew Yoda would steal it. As soon as he stole the heal over time I dispelled it with QGJ and finished Yoda off with my team having Offense Up. This way there would be no way Yoda could steal the Offense Up from my team and share it with his buddies.

so what you are saying is that you HAVE to have QGJ on you team, like every other cookie cutter player?

I have Mace, Unduli, Tano, JC, Koth

For the 6* last time, I used Mace, Unduli, JC, Koth, JKG

• Options
    The amount of time I put into this event leaves me fuming. Shame really as it used to be a good game.
  • Batousi
    75 posts Member
    Options
    I am not sure why you wouldn't at least have QGJ, he is one of the top 5 chars in the game in any mode.
  • Options
    Here's what I know. Lumi Mace Koth JC and QGJ... Don't make a dent in this challenge. I'll be farming Barris and Snips for next month. SMH.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I certainly didn't expect to face a more difficult Yoda than those that faced him in March. I'm 2-4 months behind those people, so I should be facing the same difficulty. Instead I'm facing a difficulty based on today's and tomorrow's level caps.

Not to mention the credit reward was substantially lowered as well.
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm going to jump in as a +1 here as well.

7* Barriss, geared up. 7* Aayla, geared up. 7* QGJ, geared up, 7* Ashoka, geared up, 7* Lumi, geared up.

Level 77

Thought this was going to be a few-tries but slam dunk. Apparently my not being able to take down ANYONE says differently. I can't even think of better toons to bring in. Yoda is pulling 14K on a basic attack? Then foresight? Then turn meter increase? Stuns aren't working, ability block not working on the outsiders...I don't get it.

So, not to moan, but I'm kind of moaning here. I'm curious how ANYONE has done it if this is how it's always been.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Go at Yoda first..take him out and the others will fall. That's how I did it. Disappointingly, when you get Yoda at 7 star, gear Ix, he still kind of sucks.
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    I hate this game!
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    It literally is just luck. I have tried all strategies and at 50 tries, can barely get one add down, ive gotten yoda down to yellow once and then he goes full on **** and kills my entire team. If it was strategy i can live with that but adding HP or attack strength is a cop out. That isnt adding content, its lazy game design to fake it being difficult. I do not expect him to be handed to me by any stretch but this is ridiculous. RNG, dodge, the Ai being stupid is not strategy, its dumb luck.
  • Gloin
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I 7*'d my 5th jedi merely hours after the last event. Very excited today (had the day off so figured plenty of time). I knew of people that had beat Yoda last time with my lineup (Lumi, Snipps, Koth, JC, Mace) so I didn't bother to farm QGJ or Barriss. After the protection update, healers were nerfed and I believe this event is not possible without one of the two aforementioned characters.

Tried many combos for many hours with my team at max ability and (obtainable) gear. I guess it is on me for choosing Poe and Daka over QGJ, but it's misleading to suggest any 5 7* Jedi will do.

Also of note: Mace's expose landed one time in 4 hours, otherwise Yoda gains TM every time Mace is up (don't use him, his dispel is not worth the speed he gives yoda). Same goes for specials for Lumi, JC, and Koth.

Mostly I'm just venting, but if some are trying to see how to beat it next time around make sure you have Barriss, QGJ, and patience.
  • Foehammer007
    100 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yoda event = rage quit. Unfair to buff him when others were able to complete him on the lower difficulty without even warning anyone.

He one shot characters in the first round of combat. I would be willing to bet it would not matter if you were max level with max gear. Your going to get utterly destroyed either way. This event went from near impossible to asinine. Where the heck is the play testing in this one?
  • Options
    So... he is easy to beat as long as you jave Barris and qgj. Right, I was assuming I could beat him with ANY 5 jedi. They should have put it in the notes. "You will need qgj and barris. Do not farm JC or lumi".
  • Options
    I beat with:
    Barriss (l), level 70, g8
    QGJ, level 80, g9
    Lumi, level 72, g8
    Eeth, level 70, g8
    JC, level 70, g8

Pretty bad setup, levels clearly not maxed, and using Eeth ffs. I still cleared it in 45min. It's doable, guys.
  • Options
    This one was definitely not easy. But after 4h+ I finally managed to get Yoda 7* :-)
    Barriss (l), Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, JC, gear VIII, level 70-76. Opponents: Barriss & Anakin
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    Cryo_G3n wrote: »
    I beat with:
    Barriss (l), level 70, g8
    QGJ, level 80, g9
    Lumi, level 72, g8
    Eeth, level 70, g8
    JC, level 70, g8

Pretty bad setup, levels clearly not maxed, and using Eeth ffs. I still cleared it in 45min. It's doable, guys.

Did you ignore the other 2 and go after Yoda?
  • Options
    I'm EXTREMELY upset at this. My squad couldn't beat him last time so I upped what I had and even got new Jedi and maxed them (as max as I can without omegas) in preparation for this time. This is nonsense.

Alright, beat him. Apologies for the hastiness of my complaint. No my foot does not taste good.

Nice this gives me hope lol
  • Options
    Here's an idea, fire the people who test your updates and balance changes. You suck.
  • Options
    It's still hard cause the requirement of qGJ
  • Nobody
    225 posts Member
    Options
    Once again everyone has QGJ
  • Blunderbuss
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I used Old Ben 78 g9(L), QGJ 78 g8, Lumi 78 g8, Ahsoka 78 g8, and JC 72 g8. His guards were JKG and Lumi. I just kept restarting till I found the right guards.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Jopa_Tice wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    For those that are having trouble with Yoda stealing Lumi's heal:

I only used Lumi's heal ONCE when Yoda was also low health because I knew Yoda would steal it. As soon as he stole the heal over time I dispelled it with QGJ and finished Yoda off with my team having Offense Up. This way there would be no way Yoda could steal the Offense Up from my team and share it with his buddies.

so what you are saying is that you HAVE to have QGJ on you team, like every other cookie cutter player?

I have Mace, Unduli, Tano, JC, Koth

For the 6* last time, I used Mace, Unduli, JC, Koth, JKG

Idk man.. You took the time to farm up Ahsoka but not QGJ? And I didn't say you had to have QGJ to beat Yoda, you can always use Mace to dispel the heal over time instead.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    So... he is easy to beat as long as you jave Barris and qgj. Right, I was assuming I could beat him with ANY 5 jedi. They should have put it in the notes. "You will need qgj and barris. Do not farm JC or lumi".

You don't have to stop farming Lumi and JC in order to farm QGJ and Barriss
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nervi
    57 posts Member
    Options
    They made him unbeatable to make us pay, EA normal behaviour. Despicable.
  • Options
    I made a account just to voice my displeasure. You have a better shot at killing your phone battery than actually killing Yoda. But don't worry they brought the Jedi package back so you can waste your money on that to level your characters so Yoda can spank them all after waiting forever to gear and level 5+ 7* jedis
  • da_council
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ok guys, I finally beat Yoda after over 25 tries. Here are my thoughts:

1) You need some LUCK. Unless you have an insanely powerful squad, you will get destroyed easily. I got lucky in that Yoda never one-shotted me during the match I won. My team is fairly ordinary: 7*/gear VIII for all members: lumi, qgj, eeth, old ben, and JC. The other part of my luck was that the first jedi Yoda killed was old Ben, which boosted my entire team.

2) refresh until you get a match in which Bariss is one of Yoda's helper. The other helper must not be a healer or it will be too hard.

Kill the other helper (non-bariss) first. It must be timed with Bariss' turn meter so that she doesn't heal halfway into your kill.

Then attack Bariss until she is red. Let her heal then and decrease Yoda's health accordingly. Go in to kill Yoda and Bariss. Your team must obviously remain fairly intact all the while (see #1). Use JC to heal, and use Lumi's heal with the anticipation that Yoda will steal it right after. Then use qgj's humbling blow to dispel it. Rinse, repeat.

Good luck. I think luck is the greatest factor. Don't let other players on the forum tell you otherwise (as if they were somehow smarter than you)
  • Options
    Are they going to make an achievement for not smashing your phone during the Yoda event?
  • Options
    Cyn wrote: »
    It took me 3-4 hours of non-stop game play to beat Yoda the first time around with maxed out 7* Jedi.

Please don't tell me that you couldn't beat Yoda on a couple of tries that he is now too hard because you're just making yourself look like a dummy.

This. 50 tries for me. Best things in life are worth working hard for. Trust me, he's worth it.

This discussion has been closed.