YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    DaKraken wrote: »
    @BentWookiee you are joking right? They are caving to the whiners once again.

Tell the devs there were many standing by their side on this one, defending them on every whiner post. They have dissapointed us all. Yoda is supposed to be difficult.

Why not just send one of those "we screw up" gifts and give everyone Yoda for free?

SMH... Whiners win again.

I will tell you the best way to get Yoda. Headbutt a wall as hard as you can. If you don't get it the first time keep trying! Night bud back into your hole now!
  • Options
    YAY
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Ebi wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This.

Caved in to the entitled ones who want everything easy.

Since when is months of grinding to get 5 jedi starred leveled and geared easy? Then spending 8 hours today where rng never went my way.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    So what about us that beat him as a 90 haha
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Just saying whiners...if Jedis were real, they would shake their heads at you whiners for your lack of patience and for searching for the easy and faster way. You would fail your trials, the same way you failed before the nerf.

You understand this event is pure 100% RNG or no? Waiting for Barris and hoping things go your way have nothing to do with skill here. It's a horrible event and i hope tomorrow we will al forget about this and keep enjoying the game.

I understand that I didn't beat yoda with bariss nor did I have bariss on my team nor have I paid a single cent into this game. Instead I farmed QGJ and Ahsoka for months and months until I hard them at 7 stars. Then, on my third yoda event, I beat levels VI and VII as the developers originally intended for yoda to be beaten. So you can make RNG excuses all day long. The final result is the same. You complained about something being too hard, and it got nerfed for u so that you wouldn't cry. Enjoy your free yoda.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    These changes will be going live between 4 and 5pm Pacific time today.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

Get Barris and Ashoka. Both are farmable. Problem solved.

No not problem solved! Because then i would have to stare at Eeth Koth and Mace Windu forever thinking how bad they are and i wouldn't be able to do that! And don't rush...who knows how these changes may affect the event.
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Yes because millennials are the only whiny people. I work with all ages in my line of work. Just as many self entitled, whiny baby boomers and gen x as there are millennials. The only problem is the previous generations always thump their chest more and claim they walked uphill to school 7 miles both ways in 3 feet of snow.

Branmark wrote: »
    Ah yes as
    with most of things in society today when someone can't complete a challenge they cry, cry and cry some more until someone makes it easier for them. The days of actually working to complete a challenge are long gone. #Millennials

You work with all ages? Really? So, you aren't in one of those jobs that everyone is the exact same age? So weird.
  • Options
    THANK YOU for telling us when the changes will drop! So we know to be cautious with entering battles during that time.
  • Options
    Youpi they changed it.
    I m not going to delete this game finally
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Just saying whiners...if Jedis were real, they would shake their heads at you whiners for your lack of patience and for searching for the easy and faster way. You would fail your trials, the same way you failed before the nerf.

You understand this event is pure 100% RNG or no? Waiting for Barris and hoping things go your way have nothing to do with skill here. It's a horrible event and i hope tomorrow we will al forget about this and keep enjoying the game.

I understand that I didn't beat yoda with bariss nor did I have bariss on my team nor have a paid a single cent into this game. Instead I farmed QGJ and Ahsoka for months and months until I hard them at 7 stars. Then, on my third yoda event, I beat levels VI and VII as the developers originally intended for yoda to be beaten. So you can make RNG excuses all day long. The final result is the same. You complained about something being too hard, and it got nerfed for u so that you wouldn't cry. Enjoy your free yoda.

There's a 40 something page thread on dodge. RNG should have NO BUSINESS in a skill game!
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I will absolutely enjoy my "free" yoda.

Oh. Wait, I still have to get 3 more Jedi up to 7 stars.
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There is logic in nerfing the event after nerfing the reward. Yoda hits like a wet noodle nowadays and share the same defence AI as Mace Windu ( sort of a brain for 2, with Windu always striking the toon that is not exposed and yoda always using the most inapropriate skill on the most inappropriate target ). So quite frankly there is no reason a toon that rubbish would require more effort to collect than the infamous grasshopper with a water gun.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I understand that I didn't beat yoda with bariss nor did I have bariss on my team nor have a paid a single cent into this game. Instead I farmed QGJ and Ahsoka for months and months until I hard them at 7 stars. Then, on my third yoda event, I beat levels VI and VII as the developers originally intended for yoda to be beaten. So you can make RNG excuses all day long. The final result is the same. You complained about something being too hard, and it got nerfed for u so that you wouldn't cry. Enjoy your free yoda.

There's a 40 something page thread on dodge. RNG should have NO BUSINESS in a skill game!

The problem is i know why RNG is present in Arena...to deal with the disparity between power levels there. Which it seems will always be present. So, i understand dodge, chance to stun etc. It has no business in events like these!
  • Options
    I love this "free yoda".

You still had to grind to get 5 Jedi's to 7 stars 2 or 3 of which you will not use for anything else again..

Gee you didn't have enough time in your life to roll a dice enough times to beat an RNG event? You are clearly an inferior player and person

I use my whole roster for guild raids...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    WHY, why would you NERF the Yoda event when it was clear that people were accomplishing it with their Jedi squads? You didn't even need level 80 Jedi geared up to 9 or 10 to beat him!
    Seriously stop giving in to the spoiled brats on the forums that think they're entitled to a character because they farm 5 people. The point of farming those Jedi up was so that you could use them to BEAT Yoda. You're not going to waltz into Tier 7 and have Yoda kneel over for you on a silver platter.
    My god this is ridiculous and a slap in the face to those that actually took the time and had the patience to beat a level 90 fully decked out Grandmaster Yoda. He's called GRANDMASTER Yoda for a reason, get it through your thick skulls all you whiners and complainers.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

No not problem solved! Because then i would have to stare at Eeth Koth and Mace Windu forever thinking how bad they are and i wouldn't be able to do that! And don't rush...who knows how these changes may affect the event.

Lol. You can stop complaining...you got your way. Congrats - enjoy Free Yoda Friday. Some earned him by playing the game, others by whining in multiple threads here on the forums.

Btw, you'll need Eeth. Wait until you see what droids can do with Jawa Engineer. Of course, people will probably just take to the forums for nerf-crying, since such actions are apparently rewarded now. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    They should give everyone who completed it previously a stronger version of Yoda.

You want a nerfed event? Sure, you get a nerfed character.
  • bhtrumpcc07
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It became apparent to me that Barriss was the key. I have counted so many posts of people saying they were successful with Barris as lead, while I found very few saying they beat Yoda without her. I don't think their original intention was to make it so ONE character was the difference between beating Yoda and not. We all want diversity. This event shouldn't be any different. I'm happy about this, and if that makes me a "whiner" so be it.

Before, the crazy difficultly seemed like a huge insult to the ones without Barriss. Now, I feel like my work and time invested in my team will be rewarded. Thank you, devs!!!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Nikoms565 Enjoy your pure luck won Yoda! I don't see the bragging rights but go ahead! And no i am not going to use Eeth Koth against droids with JW you can be sure of that! Ugnaught is better,
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    JSnow54 wrote: »
    So what about us that beat him as a 90 haha

Seriously, if acting entitled is the only way to get the devs attention then give those that beat level 90 Yoda something extra! Come on I want something extra, how about some omega mats? Should I ask for more because apparently acting like you deserve to be spoonfed rewards is how it goes around here. SMDH
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Winters
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Thank the Maker!
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Can you at least rename the event to "Grand Master giveaway?"
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This.

Caved in to the entitled ones who want everything easy.

Since when is months of grinding to get 5 jedi starred leveled and geared easy? Then spending 8 hours today where rng never went my way.

I ground those same Jedi over several months just like you, but perhaps I thoroughly researched prior material and fully levelled, geared and abilitied what I thought was the best combination, not just the first five I could find like I'm sure many others did.

There was plenty of forum posts regarding best squads and strategies if many cared to read it.

Some of the squads used by people failing the challenge were never going to get up.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It became apparent to me that Barriss was the key. I have counted so many posts of people saying they were successful with Barris as lead, while I found very few saying they beat Yoda without her. I don't think their original intention was to make it so ONE character was the difference between beating Yoda and not. I'm happy about this, and if that makes me a "whiner" so be it.

Before, the crazy difficultly seemed like a huge "screw you" to the ones without Barriss. Now, I feel like my work will be rewarded. Thanks, EA.

I don't have Barris. I earned 7* Yoda yesterday...pre nerf. Sorry, you are wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Nobody said to get Eeth or Mace. I have Mace at 7* G8. I use him in the tank event. I don't have Eeth, and haven't tried farming him. I looked at his skills, and figured I don't need him. You made the choice on who to farm and who not to. Make better choices.
  • Options
    I don't know, I feel a certain satisfaction knowing I did it the hard way and managed to crush a level 90 Yoda yesterday. That feels awesome.

Of course, I was lucky too. Very lucky. If these changes make skill a more important factor then luck, I don't think it's a bad thing. You still need to fully promote five jedi to seven stars anyway and the battles would still be challenging.

No complaints from me. *shrug*
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What about the developers update that basically said that Yoda was pretty much the same as before?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    So do those of us who beat Yoda pre-nerf get a bonus?

Oh we better get a bonus, if all these whining kids can get what they want then why not us?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Someone tell @Nobody. Maybe he'll re-install the game.