YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Ebi wrote: »
    Can you at least rename the event to "Grand Master giveaway?"

I disagree with you but that's really funny
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    What about the developers update that basically said that Yoda was pretty much the same as before?

Obviously it was a lie by Jesse or a bandage fix in hopes that people would actually believe him and accept the raised difficulty of the event.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    The problem is i know why RNG is present in Arena...to deal with the disparity between power levels there. Which it seems will always be present. So, i understand dodge, chance to stun etc. It has no business in events like these!

Why should it have no business in this event? This game is largely based on RNG, yes maybe a bit too much in certain cases like this event. I believe though that a certain amount of RNG doesn't hurt the game.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Alexone you need to calm down a bit. You cried and got your way. Congratulations. Let's get the party poppers out. Do you want a medal? You're acting like a bit of an ars3h0le, so I suggest you crawl back under your rock.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    They should give everyone who completed it previously a stronger version of Yoda.

You want a nerfed event? Sure, you get a nerfed character.

+1
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

Get Barris and Ashoka. Both are farmable. Problem solved.

No not problem solved! Because then i would have to stare at Eeth Koth and Mace Windu forever thinking how bad they are and i wouldn't be able to do that! And don't rush...who knows how these changes may affect the event.

Nobody said to get Eeth or Mace. I have Mace at 7* G8. I use him in the tank event. I don't have Eeth, and haven't tried farming him. I looked at his skills, and figured I don't need him. You made the choice on who to farm and who not to. Make better choices.

Last time Yoda event was present, this team could do it! Any 5 Jedis should be able to do it actually, provided you have at least a healer. You think i care about 7* Yoda that much? 6* performs just as well i use it in Arena. The problem is i invested credits/mats into Eeth and Mace ESPECIALLY for this event. Because i knew it was doable with them.
  • Options
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This.

Caved in to the entitled ones who want everything easy.

Since when is months of grinding to get 5 jedi starred leveled and geared easy? Then spending 8 hours today where rng never went my way.

I ground those same Jedi over several months just like you, but perhaps I thoroughly researched prior material and fully levelled, geared and abilitied what I thought was the best combination, not just the first five I could find like I'm sure many others did.

There was plenty of forum posts regarding best squads and strategies if many cared to read it.

Some of the squads used by people failing the challenge were never going to get up.

Exactly! I have been preparing for this event since March, carefully grinding the best team for the event. I was able to beat the event in less than 1hr because I did my work. I gave up farming other characters like GS, Kylo, Dooku, Old Ben, RG. Why should other have it easy?

Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same thing. Fairness means everyone gets the same starting point, which we did. Whether you can complete the Yoda event should be determined by how you chose to spend your resources and time. What EA did here is ultimately unfair.

Next thing you know they'll remove the Jedi only limit.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Come everyone, we found the secret. Just whine, and threaten to delete the game!! Wah wah, give me stuff!! Wah wah, deliver characters straight to my inbox!! Wah wah...I want it now!! Right now!!!
  • Options
    Just saying whiners...if Jedis were real, they would shake their heads at you whiners for your lack of patience and for searching for the easy and faster way. You would fail your trials, the same way you failed before the nerf.

You understand this event is pure 100% RNG or no? Waiting for Barris and hoping things go your way have nothing to do with skill here. It's a horrible event and i hope tomorrow we will al forget about this and keep enjoying the game.

I understand that I didn't beat yoda with bariss nor did I have bariss on my team nor have a paid a single cent into this game. Instead I farmed QGJ and Ahsoka for months and months until I hard them at 7 stars. Then, on my third yoda event, I beat levels VI and VII as the developers originally intended for yoda to be beaten. So you can make RNG excuses all day long. The final result is the same. You complained about something being too hard, and it got nerfed for u so that you wouldn't cry. Enjoy your free yoda.

There's a 40 something page thread on dodge. RNG should have NO BUSINESS in a skill game!

What skill? You press an icon on the screen. This isn't a skill. Without RNG, it would just be pound based on power. No dodge and no crit. How would you design the fighting system?
  • Options
    I could beat all the challenges before they nerfed them, and yes it was hard. I can't beat 7* Yoda, I can't even get close. I could accept that it was going to take me being at Level 80 to beat him (I am at 78). But that wasn't the problem. The problem was now I needed to gear up all my Jedi with no way of actually doing that (you know besides waiting months for all these unobtainable pieces).
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

Get Barris and Ashoka. Both are farmable. Problem solved.

No not problem solved! Because then i would have to stare at Eeth Koth and Mace Windu forever thinking how bad they are and i wouldn't be able to do that! And don't rush...who knows how these changes may affect the event.

Nobody said to get Eeth or Mace. I have Mace at 7* G8. I use him in the tank event. I don't have Eeth, and haven't tried farming him. I looked at his skills, and figured I don't need him. You made the choice on who to farm and who not to. Make better choices.

Last time Yoda event was present, this team could do it! Any 5 Jedis should be able to do it actually, provided you have at least a healer. You think i care about 7* Yoda that much? 6* performs just as well i use it in Arena. The problem is i invested credits/mats into Eeth and Mace ESPECIALLY for this event. Because i knew it was doable with them.

What team are you running? I can guarantee you someone has beat level 90 Yoda with that same exact team.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Come everyone, we found the secret. Just whine, and threaten to delete the game!! Wah wah, give me stuff!! Wah wah, deliver characters straight to my inbox!! Wah wah...I want it now!! Right now!!!

No threats from me! I would've just done it without threats.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome. I guess instead of trying and figuring out different ways to overcome something, I should just kick and scream till someone puts it in my hand. Awesome. Too bad that all of the people that "deleted" the game yesterday miss this handout.

So stoked the value of my Yoda just got dumped into the toilet.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Awesome. I guess instead of trying and figuring out different ways to overcome something, I should just kick and scream till someone puts it in my hand. Awesome. Too bad that all of the people that "deleted" the game yesterday miss this handout.

+1!

• DaKraken
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

So the guy that has been whining all day in the forums, flaming others who disagreed with him, crying that he had been playing over 12 straight hours and failed at getting 7* Yoda, now says that he doesnt care about 7* Yoda that much cause 6* is the same.

Ohhhh the lack of self awareness..... Haha
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This. Team Entitlement wins again. :/

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.

Exactly! They should put an indicator on those that receive him after these huge nerfs. So you can see who worked to beat him and who did the event after they removed the challenge.

Look who's crying now.

Ironic

Yes, ironic. But at least this is a legitimate slight. Crying you can't do something in the first hour with a SIX day window is just you back in the toy store kicking and screaming at your parents cause they won't buy you that Lego. I'm guessing many here are not far removed from those days yet.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Error_404 wrote: »
    I could beat all the challenges before they nerfed them, and yes it was hard. I can't beat 7* Yoda, I can't even get close. I could accept that it was going to take me being at Level 80 to beat him (I am at 78). But that wasn't the problem. The problem was now I needed to gear up all my Jedi with no way of actually doing that (you know besides waiting months for all these unobtainable pieces).

Why would you need to bring up your Jedi that far to get Yoda? I had 3 lvl 70 g8 Jedi, the same level as they were at the time of the last event, when I only had 4 7*. I didn't invest more in them because I knew I could beat him with those as well. Only Q and Barriss were higher because I actually need them in other parts of the game.

And yes I will admit I was lucky and got my share of RNG, but still the event was quite beatable with patience and a tad of luck.
  • Options
    Error_404 wrote: »

That's exactly what the rest of the people who got Yoda did. I actually planned for Yoda months ago so I started gearing up the right Jedi for him. I beat him at lvl 78 with three lvl 77, 1 lvl 70, and 1lvl 60 character with obtainable gear, so you don't need to be anywhere near 80 to beat him.

So many people try a few times, give up, and start whining that it's impossible. Looking at all the people who have Yoda already. If they can do it, why can't you?

Perhaps players should re-evaluate their own skills instead of blaming the game. I'll take a quote directly from Yoda himself.

"“IF NO MISTAKE HAVE YOU MADE, YET LOSING YOU ARE … A DIFFERENT GAME YOU SHOULD PLAY.” -Yoda
  • Sheba
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I still can't even beat the 6* Yoda....so I guess I've got a long ways to go
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »

Well put. At least I will know that I was an adult about the situation and planned for the event with the right Jedi and beat it yesterday.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    DaKraken wrote: »

So the guy that has been whining all they in the forums, flaming others who disagreed with him, crying that he had been playing over 12 straight hours and failed at getting 7* Yoda, now says that he doesnt care about 7* Yoda that much cause 6* is the same.

Ohhhh the lack of self awareness..... Haha

Exactly! I wouldn't have cared. 6* Yoda is almost the same as 7* because he was nerfed to shreds already. He is a utility character like Daka. His kit is impressive the difference in damage and hp between 6* and 7* is almost non-existant. The only value is that you can use him in tier 7 raids.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    D
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    I love Free Yoda Friday, I will expecting him in my inbox shortly!

Oh wait, I beat him yesterday with my F2P Jedi Dream team, Wooooooo
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I got T6 yoda yesterday and in order to do it I had to put over 40 purple mats into my jedi.... now they're telling me I didn't need to do that!? I feel a bit cheated here.... why not change raid rewards instead?
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

This
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    This might be the most disappointed I've ever been of this game. I enjoy this game and have never complained about it before, but to me CG lost some integrity here.

I've never faced a challenge in a game that was hard and decided that the best course of action was to whine until it was made easier. I researched and tried until it was done. It obviously wasn't impossible, as many were able to do it. Complainers think they're the majority, but they're usually not. They're just the ones who are the loudest.

You got 5 7-star Jedis. Congratulations, that's an accomplishment, but we all did that. You got to the last mile of the race, it got hard, and you decided to complain until someone carried you to the finish line. Good for you. I hope you feel good about it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    I got T6 yoda yesterday and in order to do it I had to put over 40 purple mats into my jedi.... now they're telling me I didn't need to do that!? I feel a bit cheated here.... why not change raid rewards instead?

I put a furnace in Luminara......still nothing.
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good, the vox populi won !
    Even Dark Souls was far easier.

It is not nerfed, it's just back to what it used to be when protection wasn't there.

For those who had it yesterday, just be proud to have him the hardest way instead of complaining on something which will be what it should have been.
  • Options
    Youpi they changed it.
    I m not going to delete this game finally
    You get a Yoda, and you get a Yoda, everyone gets a Yoda!!

Just awful.

This is called communism
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

This, x2