YODA Event Changes! : Comments Megathread.

Replies

• Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    HerrDrFunk wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

I had Ahsoka and she was regularly getting wreaked in one hit (with protection) if Yoda hit her with a crit.
  • Options
    LOL at you if you think beating steroid yoda means you are better than the people with the same toons that can't.

This event was purely based on RNG not skills and if you think otherwise then I don't know what to tell you.

If someone has put in the work to get 5 jedis to 7 star then they should have a more than reasonable chance at attaining Yoda. Not have to be like, "hey I tried 700 times until RNG went my way"

The skill level required for this challenge is basic, not zero, but basic, the luck required is huge. So you want something extra to prove you got lucky? Cool story bro.

Thanks @EA_Jesse for listening to the masses.
  • Options
    Finally
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @MaxxSwagger Exactly! It was an RNG event 100% no skill required! The people that got him already have no rights to brag about it! Other than being lucky or having Barris, you proved nothing!
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    Lol @ Free Yoda Friday
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Just saying whiners...if Jedis were real, they would shake their heads at you whiners for your lack of patience and for searching for the easy and faster way. You would fail your trials, the same way you failed before the nerf.
  • Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Lol @ Free Yoda Friday

Hahaha, free yoda Fridays!! Come on down everyone, get ur free Yodas here!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I really hope that this makes people happy for the right reasons. If everyone comes in and starts saying that they beat it after 1 or two attempts with a level 72 squad in blues, I say it's too bad they didn't actually get to earn it while it was a challenge. I feel sorry for those like @Khayman was up to the task and wanted the satisfaction of beating a difficult challenge. Now I fear that people won't really appreciate everyone's favorite Grand Master as much.

I put in 12 hours of gameplay. My head is still spinning. I did nothing today. I lost a day basically. It was clear to me at some point that i won't get him no matter what happens. No offense, if this was skill related i wouldn't have made one comment! Not one! But it's pure luck related. And i didn't have that in the 12 hours i played. This is not the kind of event i am expecting in the future for this game!
  • BL1ZZAXX
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. Awesome news! The battle felt very random and impossible to stratagize against. Congrats to those that already won but you either A) had your Jedi way over powered or B) got super lucky. The " challenge" is to have 5 blank star Jedi for each tier. To me than means any and all Jedi should qualify as a competitor as long as there at the proper star level.
  • Options
    Ebi wrote: »
    Just saying whiners...if Jedis were real, they would shake their heads at you whiners for your lack of patience and for searching for the easy and faster way. You would fail your trials, the same way you failed before the nerf.

Heh, now you're whining. So things have come full circle.

Also, get off your high horse buddy. The fight was broken, they fixed it.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    Options
    Do or Do Not, there is only Free Yoda
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This. Team Entitlement wins again. :/

As one of the MANY people who earned Yoda yesterday, I find this very disappointing.

As one of some people who had good rng....
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

You understand this event is pure 100% RNG or no? Waiting for Barris and hoping things go your way have nothing to do with skill here. It's a horrible event and i hope tomorrow we will al forget about this and keep enjoying the game.
  • Options
    Thank you for listening devs.

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options

It honestly depends on the month. Sometimes skews towards older generations, others the younger. It truly is almost RNG like haha.
    Branmark wrote: »
    Khayman wrote: »
    Yes because millennials are the only whiny people. I work with all ages in my line of work. Just as many self entitled, whiny baby boomers and gen x as there are millennials. The only problem is the previous generations always thump their chest more and claim they walked uphill to school 7 miles both ways in 3 feet of snow.

Branmark wrote: »
    Ah yes as
    with most of things in society today when someone can't complete a challenge they cry, cry and cry some more until someone makes it easier for them. The days of actually working to complete a challenge are long gone. #Millennials

I would bet my house that the majority of the complaints are from accounts in that demographic. Too bad we can't find out but I'm fairly confident that is the case. Also it isn't just a millennial thing it's a mind set from the left. Get something for nothing/little effort.

It's just a game but it's the way this society is wired now.

• Options
    I admit I complained but I was never going to stop until he was in my team. When's this change supposed to take place? Because he hasn't changed for me yet and I'm still going after him hopefully I beat him before this takes effect.
  • MaxxSwagger
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love this "free yoda".

You still had to grind to get 5 Jedi's to 7 stars 2 or 3 of which you will not use for anything else again..

Gee you didn't have enough time in your life to roll a dice enough times to beat an RNG event? You are clearly an inferior player and person

• Ebi
    59 posts Member
    Options

Enjoy your free yoda, buddy.

• N0rm99
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I just beat Yoda and I'm still happy these changes are being made. Thank you for listening.
  • DaKraken
    121 posts Member
    Options
    @BentWookiee you are joking right? They are caving to the whiners once again.

Tell the devs there were many standing by their side on this one, defending them on every whiner post. They have dissapointed us all. Yoda is supposed to be difficult.

Why not just send one of those "we screw up" gifts and give everyone Yoda for free?

SMH... Whiners win again.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So disappointing. Whiners win again.

This.

Caved in to the entitled ones who want everything easy.

It's like those kids sport days where everybody gets a medal for participation.
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Options
    When was this exactly? Still getting creamed
  • Options
    So apparently this is how this works, let me give this a try see if it works...ahem...

I'm going to quit. Wah wah wah, I can't believe I worked so hard for Yoda and now you nerfed him. If I don't get 20,000 crystals right away I'm gonna delete this game. Wah wah wah.

How'd I do??

You need to start a mega thread about it. Might as well throw in getting a free Emperor Palatine for those of us that beat it already, while it was "impossible". And since I did it without Barris...I should get a death star too.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Those of us that beat 7-star Yoda with his original stats should get a lil' somethin' extra.
  • Options

Enjoy your free yoda, buddy.

You mean the Yoda I grinded 5 characters to 7* stars for? Putting in countless hours, effort and some money? Yeah, free. But yes, I will enjoy him, thanks!
  • Options
    @ObranVox check developer updates. It hasn't gone live yet and won't do until 4pm Pacific time earliest.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    So now people are whining because the devs listened? That's rich.

It really is incredible! A 46 page about this event in a matter of hours and people say it was fine. Of course, with Barris/Ashoka under the belt they can say that!

Get Barris and Ashoka. Both are farmable. Problem solved.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    So do those of us who beat Yoda pre-nerf get a bonus?
  • Options
    I have not seen the changes take affect, my Yoda still says level 90. Did they change on all platforms?
    Thanks